A Golden Rose by Lessa
Summary: Is it love? Or an illusion?
Categories: Femslash > Urúviel/Arwen, FPS, Femslash > Arwen/Urúviel Characters: Arwen, Urúviel
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2241 Read: 1296 Published: July 26, 2011 Updated: July 26, 2011
Story Notes:
Hey! its my first F/F story! Send me what you think of it!

1. Chapter 1 by Lessa

Chapter 1 by Lessa
Arwen watched Aragorn walk through the gates of Rivendell with his 8 companions, on a quest to destroy the ring of power, or perhaps to destroy the world, not even the wisest could tell which.. A crystal tear ran down her pale rose tinged cheek. She turned to the elf maiden next to her. "Uruviel, do you think he shall return?" She asked softly, removing a tear with a velvet gloved hand.

Uruviel turned her head from the point the Fellowship had disappeared, cinnamon blonde hair shining softly in the morning light. "I do not know, My Lady." She said in a quiet smooth voice, "But I do know he would wish you to never lose hope,"

Arwen turned and softly walked back from the gates, sighing forlornly. Uruviel was a step behind her. She silently walked her open walkway to her chamber and sat on the half bed she had against the flowed lines of the railing. Uruviel stopped to the left side of it, placidly folding her hands in front of her stomach. "Would my Lady require anything?" She asked.

"My book please, Uruviel. Perhaps it will take my mind from my love, if only for a few moments in time."

Uruviel quickly swept into the chamber, blue gown flowing out behind her. She returned just as quickly and handed Arwen a soft, dark red leather bound book. As she handed it to her, Arwen's fingers lightly brushed her hand and the smallest sensation spread across Uruviel's arm, like a drop of searing water on snow. Her emerald eyes flashed to Arwen's face, but seeing none of the same reaction she quickly released the book and pulled back to her side of the half couch and waited, keeping her mind off the burning drop of water that had touched her.

Uruviel noticed the Lady Arwen had not turned a page since opening the book. She sat gracefully down next to the dark haired elf. "My Lady, you have just stared at the words upon the page, not truly seeing what it is I see, please would my Lady join me in a walk upon the grounds? Perhaps the open air will help you think of the happier times you have shared." An affectionate smile spread across Uruviel's face that was palely reflected onto Arwen's as she stood up, carefully placing the book upon the pillow.

They walked to an elegantly carved bridge that spanned a beautiful waterfall that crashed into a crystal clear pool to spray all the many hues of the rainbow into the air. Arwen stopped in the middle and leaned over, watching vividly colored fish swim beneath the bridge. Uruviel stood next to her, watching the water cascade down the slopes. This had always been a beloved spot of hers, and she knew Arwen went here often with and without Lord Aragorn. Abruptly Arwen leaned into Uruviel, astounded she awkwardly put her arms around her.

"Uruviel," She cried quietly into a shoulder, "I sense he will not return, that this quest shall claim his life. "What is to become of me then, Uruviel?"

She stroked dark tresses, and comfortingly kissed her hair. "Arwen," She tilted a tear streaked chin up to look into reddened deep, almost purple blue eyes. "He will return." She slowly ran a finger up her cheek, removing a tear. "I know he will." She kissed each cheek, salty tears staining her satin lips. Arwen buried her face into cinnamon hair holding her tight.

"I know you mean the best, but I cannot perceive it." She said, another tear descending from cheek to slip down Uruviel's back. Like poison. She thought to herself as she tried to soothe her in a way a friend would, not a lover.

Arwen tenderly pushed herself from her shoulder and looked into a steam slicked face. She caressed Uruviel's cheek with the back of her hand. "I love you, Uruviel." Her heart nearly leapt from her body, but sank rapidly, "You are a true friend. You have been there for me, even when I was not willing to be there for myself." She kissed her forehead, s sign of true unyielding friendship.

"And I love you, My Lady." She said to her Lady, hoping her voice would not betray her. Yes, she told herself as she turned her eyes back to the waterfall, A poison that lingers on the lips, but will not descend to fulfill. Arwen comfortingly took her hand and kissed it and looked back to the rainbows dancing above the splashing waves.

Uruviel could not have said how much time had passed, standing atop that bridge, gazing unseeing into the water, for time passes differently for a sad soul. But she found herself in her own small accommodation next to the Lady Arwen's, the hours of darkness silenced around Rivendell, unable to find tranquility. In her mind ran the feeling of that hot drop of water, now grown to a blaze, that spread slowly across her body standing hand in hand with the Evenstar. She knew she should not have such fiery emotions for her lady, but no matter what she brought to mind it somehow ended on that smooth despaired face.

Moonlight found Uruviel getting from her bed and slipping on a white sheer gown. She walked silently to the balcony that led from her room over looking an attractive glade with a silvery stripe of a stream running through it. But she found it to not be vacant, for Arwen sat ghostly still on a bench tucked under a tree. She watched as the star light highlighted her midnight hair and sent white sparkles from the circlet of silver around her brows.

As if Arwen felt the green eyes on her, she looked up to where Uruviel was standing and smiled. "Would you join me?" Arwen sad, only a tinge of sadness left over from her thoughts of the night. Uruviel only hesitated a moment, then turned from her balcony and swiftly made her way to the clearing.

"I thought I would be unaccompanied this night, though I am happy it did not go as hoped." Arwen said as soon as Uruviel had sat beside her on the small marble bench. Uruviel remained unspoken, feeling it was better if she listened this night. Arwen ran a finger through Uruviel's hair, watching the moon glitter off her auburn hair. A smile lightened those sapphire eyes. "At times, I find myself wishing I could retain that color, and keep it in a bottle to paint the world with it." Arwen removed her hand from the strands of hair. Arwen looked into emerald eyes, "And that green, like fresh spring in the Lorien woods." Uruviel lowered her eyes to avoid having to look into those eyes that were trying to bore into her.

"Thankyou, My Lady." She said quietly and looked at her folded hands. Arwen put her hand over Uruviel's and smiled. She raised her eyes and met the constant gaze of the Evenstar. She was drawn into those eyes, a universe in those blue points, with small stars blazing within. Though Elven herself, Uruviel never felt on equivalent terms with The Lady Arwen until that moment, in that moment she felt that everything that had happened in the history of men and elves did not matter, only that one moment and those eyes looking into her own.

She was compelled. That's all she could have called it. In an instant that was a lifetime and no time, her lips met with the supple ones of Arwen and she felt as if all the pleasure in the world was contained in those rose petals and was flooding into her. She felt a hand reach into her hair and rest there for an instant, than she felt the joy fade as those sweet lips left her own and she opened her eyes slowly, wishing she didn't have to. "I'm sorry, My Lady," She said and started to rise to leave, but Arwen kept her there with just a hand lightly placed on her shoulder.

"Do not go, Uruviel. I am not sorry. Neither should you be, if that is what your heart truly sought." Her voice became lightly misted and airy, "Do not deny your heart, for it may lead to many good things." With that Arwen kissed her once on the cheek and then the corner of Uruviel's mouth. Uruviel turned her head to put their lips back in contact but Arwen withdrew. "The hour is late," A shy smile crossed her lips, "And we have much to talk about in the morning." She kissed Uruviel's hand, "Keep that as a promise."

Arwen stood gracefully and glided from the clearing, disappearing from Uruviel's sight. Uruviel's heart felt like a caged song bird, about to burst free. When she returned to her own room, she found a red rose laid carefully on her pillow, dew drops frozen everlastingly on them.

Uruviel was awoken the next day by a soft voice caressing her cheek. "Uruviel, the sun as risen and you have not. Did I not promise today?" Uruviel smiled, but was not given a chance to say anything because Arwen laid a finger to her lips, "Do not answer." She was all but pulled from her bed by Arwen until she remembered she had slept in a very thin gown and she tried to resist. Arwen gave a knowing smile. "Dress, I will await you on the bridge." Arwen glided out without another word or backwards glance.

With a light heart Uruviel clad herself in a green dress that matched her eyes and latched a silver linked belt around her waist. She positioned a small silver circlet on her head that dangled a small crimson stone over her forehead. She went to meet Arwen.

Arwen was standing in the middle of the bridge, watching for her. "Uruviel, come let me show you a spot I visit often." Arwen took Uruviel's hand and led her to the other side of the bridge and continued off the path into the woods. They walked without speaking for a long while, passing towering trees and meandering streams, an elegant sculpture every few hundred feet. She stopped at the bank of a pool that was so pure and clear that the bottom was completely visible, along with the fish darting below the gleaming boundary of air and water.

"I've come here for many years, to seek comfort from my many troubles. Today I wish for you to comfort my troubles and take them from me." She took both of Uruviel's hands, "Would you grant me this?" Uruviel searched her face for some indication that this wasn't real, that it wasn't happening. She found nothing. She closed her eyes and leaned into a kiss that felt like going home after a long journey. Arwen wrapped her arms around the other elf and drew her closer, opening her mouth to an inviting tongue. Uruviel's hands slowly reached around Arwen to the pearl buttons up the back of her full, pastel blue gown. Uruviel felt a sharp intake of breath from Arwen at her touch but she did not stop. The buttons halfway undone, Arwen left Uruviel's tantalizing lips and sucked her slim neck, and kissed her shoulders. Finishing the buttons Uruviel slowly stepped back to pull the gown from Arwen, placing it carefully beside them. Uruviel ran a hand down the pale breasts exposed to her and kissed her shoulders, her finger running down the slim hips and back to her butt to rest there as she allowed Arwen to undo her own silver fastened buttons. She carefully stepped from her dress and moved back to Arwen, sucking a pointed ear. They slid together to the springy grass and Uruviel pulled Arwen onto her, letting her body feel every place they were touching, he skin so alive with feeling she could feel every blade of grass beneath her as she drew her into a passionate kiss. Arwen moved down to tenderly kiss her shoulders and chest and cup a pale breast with her hand. She went farther down to kiss above the darker skin of a nipple, kissing her way around it without touching it. Uruviel moaned ever so softly. Uruviel felt like she should be a blazing fire with the way those soft lips were moving teasingly over her rounded breast. Arwen finally made contact with the nipple, a feather touch that sent a shiver and moan rolling through both of them. Uruviel pulled her back up for a kiss while her fingers roamed alone soft curves and lush skin. Arwen slid from Uruviel and rested next to her, moving from her lips to kiss and lick her neck, shoulders and ear. She leaned over and kissed one eyelid, and Uruviel felt pleasurable drowsiness pull at her, "Sleep, Uruviel, and this will be just a dream." Arwen kissed her other eye and she sank into beautiful bliss that had stars sparkling in the distance to lull her deeper.

Uruviel opened her eyes to find herself in her room. She had dreamed of a light kiss from a beautiful angle. She would have completely believed it a dream, except that a beautiful golden rose, shimmering softly in the morning sunlight, was lying on her pillow, engraved with elegant elvish spiraling up it in a poem of heart ache, friendship, and undying passion.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=2364