Little Things: His Master's Voice by Janet Elizabeth
Summary: Frodo's voice does things to Sam that he never imagined it could.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Frodo/Sam, FPS > Sam/Frodo Characters: Frodo, Sam
Type: PWP, Romance/Drama
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 732 Read: 960 Published: January 06, 2012 Updated: January 06, 2012
Story Notes:
Part of a series on crushes.

1. Chapter 1 by Janet Elizabeth

Chapter 1 by Janet Elizabeth
Dear Diary,

It's me again Samwise. I'm sorry I haven't written lately, but there's been things on my mind as such, what with Mister Frodo and Mister Pippin and Mister Merry and I getting lost on the way to Bree, but now I have something secret to tell just you, seeing as I knows you won't tell no-one.

There's been this feeling growing in me lately, ever since I agreed to come on this adventure with Mister Frodo. It's not a proper hobbit feeling if you get my meaning, but I know what I feel just the same. I think I may be in love with Frodo. I don't know how this happened, especially since I have an understanding with the Cotton's over their Rosie, but somehow, someway I've got bit by a lovebug and it made me love Mister Frodo.

It's not just the usual kind of love neither. It's the kind that hobbits only have for other hobbits of the opposite gender, if you get my meaning. Or leastways that's how most hobbits, including my Gaffer would see it. I don't just love him as I love a friend or a relative that I'm close to, but in ways I shouldn't imagine are right. And the way I knows this is because of what happened last night as we stayed at the Prancing Pony.

See, when we first arrived we were cold and hungry and eager for company. So we went to the common room for a bite and sup. There were some very friendly sorts about as well as not so friendly and then there was Strider, but that's another story so I won't go into him, specially since he's just sitting across the room glaring out the window. So anyway, we were all on our best behavior until Mister Pippin decided to tell the tale of Mister Bilbo's disappearance and that set Mister Frodo off right smart. He jumped up on the table and began that silly old song about the Man in the Moon and that made everyone laugh to beat the band. I found myself just sitting there and staring at him, listening to his voice go on in is pretty tenor about the cat and the fiddle and the spoon and the dish. I started to come over queer like, like I was imagining him without no clothes on. His voice just reached inside me and took hold of my heart and it began to beat faster as he sang on and on.

Well, after a few minutes I could feel chills running up and down my spine and I was trembling all over and just gazing so intently at Mister Frodo that I almost jumped up and kissed him when he finished the song first time through. I just caught myself as the crowd went wild and asked for it to be sung again. I had to excuse myself for a bit after that, knowing that if I got too close I might do something to make us both ashamed. That's when I knew there was something wrong with me. Or not wrong as you may expect. I know you understand how I love him, not like a friend or a brother but something I can't quite put my finger on. Something that makes me want to hold him in my arms and comfort him when I see him cringe at any sound. Something that makes me want to curl up next to him at night and put my arms around him and kiss him until he isn't afraid anymore. Something that makes me want to see him without no clothes on. And part of me don't care what no-one thinks, but then I think what would Mister Frodo think if he knew I had these feelings for him. And I can't right say what he would think, but I know that he wouldn't reject me. He loves me in his own way. I know he does. And that will just have to be enough.

Well diary, I must dash now. Mister Frodo is calling for me as he's found us a pony that needs looking at. His voice is so lovely, like an elven song, if I may speak plain and to you I know I can. He wants me and needs me. So I must answer his call. More later.

Samwise Gamgee
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=2806