Natul Poika (Becoming Pure) by Nerwen
Summary: It’s the Clarity Sacrament a ritual all elves attend by choice, peace is found and loves are made, lives are good and times are well. It is King Thranduil’s first visit to the ritual after losing his wife, he hopes to find peace for his heavy heart, but he might find something more in the arms of another.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Erestor/OMC, FPS > Glorfindel/Thranduil, FPS > Thranduil/Glorfindel Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel, Thranduil
Type: None
Warning: Angst
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 48546 Read: 65702 Published: July 25, 2008 Updated: April 12, 2010
Story Notes:
This story is about a growing and blossoming relationship between Glorfindel and Thranduil. There is an OC character by the name of Terrance who is Thranduil’s military council, general, and dear friend. I also portray Thranduil having three children including Legolas. Elvin word definitions are displayed at the end of the chapter in the order they appear. The rating will change each chapter because of the many different moods the fiction displays. Check the rating before you proceed please.

1. Chapter 1 by Nerwen

2. Chapter 2 by Nerwen

3. Chapter 3 by Nerwen

4. Chapter 4 by Nerwen

5. Chapter 5 by Nerwen

6. Chapter 6 by Nerwen

7. Chapter 7 by Nerwen

8. Chapter 8 by Nerwen

9. Chapter 9 by Nerwen

10. Chapter 10 by Nerwen

11. Chapter 11 by Nerwen

12. Chapter 12 by Nerwen

Chapter 1 by Nerwen
Thranduil breathed in the fresh clean air around him as he looked about the beautiful forest from his Talan balcony. It was the Clarity Sacrament, a ceremony that took place every three hundred years, where who you were and what you did didn't matter. It didn't matter if you were the king of a realm or a peasant stable attendant; here you were just an elf, nothing more or less. Enchanting songs were carried on the wind and laughter and love were abound, it was a time when all was well and all would be well.

This was his first time; Thranduil had actually decided to stay for the duration of the ceremony. He would usually accompany his children to the forest where the ritual took place; a secluded woodland far from any accompanying realms, for it belonged to all elf's. But Thranduil never stayed, he had his duties, and his wife, he didn't feel the need to attend. Attendance wasn't mandatory and normally the kingdom was quiet and peaceful while the ceremony took place. He didn't need the ritual to spend quality time with the one he loved. He loved his wife, he met her when he was very young and never felt the need to be with any other. Also with his realm being peaceful and quiet during this time, he had time to reflect and cleanse his soul; he didn't need to travel to do so.

Unfortunately at the birth of their third child Legolas, she didn't survive very long afterward. She had always been rather weak for an elf, and although she had a strong heart her body just couldn't take any more than it already had endured. She was happy to give her husband the children, she loved him and would never regret giving him a family, and her only regret was leaving him.

Thranduil took the death of his wife harder than most expected, she was always his light at the end of the tunnel guiding him and caring for him, and he did love her immensely. It wasn't just a formal marriage although it was an established relationship by his father, they were truly and honestly in love, no matter what his father wished, he could not pretend to love another, Thranduil's love was always true and absolute. Most thought their young king would fade from a broken heart, but Thranduil gathered all the strength and courage he could to survive, for his children. He knew what it was like to be so suddenly thrust into the throne, and he didn't with that for his eldest who was still too young to assume the throne. Not to mention his youngest son Legolas...he didn't want Legolas to live without knowing either of his parents, no he would survive.

Legolas looked very much like Thranduil, same blonde hair and blue eyes. Legolas' eyes were a beautiful clear blue color, like fresh rain. He had a lithe frame with straight and long hair that glowed beautifully whenever the sun captured it, and was past his shoulders reaching his mid-back. His lips resembled pink rose petals and have been claimed to feel the same, although very few would actually know. Legolas' personality was one of a free spirit and one who had a profound love for life.

Thranduil's second son Lenwë had the look of his mother, he had dark hair that resembled raven feather's, exactly like his mother had, that reached just between his shoulder blades. He had quite an exotic look about him as well with his red lips and innocent hazel eyes. He was also much like his mother in demeanor and personality. He was very studious and enjoyed staying in and reading, more than riding horses with his brothers.

Thranduil's first son Valandil, and crown prince, was very much like his grandfather Oropher. He had silver hair, not to be mistaken for platinum blonde it being more a greyish color and he wore it short rahter than long like his siblings and father. He also had intense mithril eyes that had almost a predatory look about them. He was strong and willfull and would one day be a great leader of Mirkwood, he enjoyed his duties of protroling and had profound skill with a sword. One day he would make Mirkwood proud but for now Thranduil still held the throne.

Thranduil himself was also very unique in appearance, haivng long golden hair that reached his waist, and bright blue eyes that actually changed their color from different arrays of blues and greens. His appearace was honestly very unusual for Sindarin elf but stunning nonetheless. He had a slender yet well built body and many regarded him to be of the fairest in middle earth, his beauty rivaling that of the Lady Galadriel, although he had always been quite modest. Thranduil was usually absorbed in work but enjoyed the simple things in life such as walking among his gardens in calm serenity and quietly reading as opposed to the fast paced and demanding lifestyle he was forced to lead as the cause of his position as a King.




Thranduil shook away those thoughts, he was here to relax and retire himself to simply lounge about, and catch up on some much needed rest. Thranduil and his sons quickly separated and Thranduil found himself a talan on the outskirts of the forest, far from any others, which he desired. His life long friend and most trusted advisor was the only one he allowed to disturb him.

Thranduil's advisor was Terrance; they had known each other since they were mere elf-lings and there was no other that Thranduil trusted more; Terrance became his military council and head general of Thranduil's army. Terrance was also a former lover although they had moved past that stage in their lives. Terrance insisted that he accompany Thranduil, for no matter what age an elf was if it was their first time attending the ceremony they would need an escort, and Terrance volunteered. Thranduil felt slightly bad that his friend would not be enjoying the ceremony to it's fullest since he had obligated himself to watch after Thranduil but once Terrance decided something he rarely changed his mind.

The ceremony lasted for about six to seven months. Everyone had their own way of commencing the ritual, but after the initial cleanse was finished they released themselves from all burdens and did what pleased them most for the remainder of the ritual. Thranduil wished to relax which would bring him much pleasure, while some would find pleasure in others. Many elf pairs were made during this time, but what struck Thranduil odd was that many pairs did not last past the ceremony, the pair would separate even before the ceremony was over.

Thranduil sighed, if they wished to find pleasure in the flesh that was their prerogative, but it wasn't his. Besides the matter of his deceased wife, another reason was the pleasure some chose to indulge in, Thranduil did not attend the ritual for a good few reasons. He did not wished to be approached, and while most would leave him be as long as he declined, and expressed his want for solitary, it was still irritating to be asked not to mention the persistent ones who didn't take rejection lightly. He chose a talan on the outskirts to limit his interaction with others.

Thranduil grabbed, and put on, a light and absorbent robe and gathered a few oils and supplies.

"Going out? It's getting closer to Twilight...do you require me to accompany you?" Terrance asked.

"That won't be necessary, I prefer to cleanse now, and I need solitude to do so. Although I appreciate your desire to protect me mellonen, I believe I can handle myself." Thranduil said.

"I know you can, but I have watched over you much of my life, you are my Taurelasse...many will wish to pursue you at first glance, and I fear losing you to someone else." Terrance said with a small smile, he was enjoying his position as being Thranduil's protector during this time.

"You exaggerate my friend, I doubt I am as wanted as you say." Thranduil said with a soft smile he never found himself very desirable regardless of what others said. Thranduil turned to face Terrance. "You know...you didn't lose me when I married and I have no desire to be with another, I wish simply to relax, reflect, spend a little time with my children and of course you." Thranduil smiled. "I love you very much Terrance, and you couldn't lose me if you tried." Thranduil smiled affectionately at him before venturing out.

Terrance smiled for Thranduil's sake, but it was somewhat of a sad smile. They had been lovers once, and when their love broke off it was not out of free will, it was the will of Thranduil's father and he even separated them until Thranduil found love in another and married and while Terrance knew Thranduil loved his wife he always wished for Thranduil to return to his arms one day...even now with his wife gone Thranduil still would not hold Terrance in the same regard as he once did. It struck Terrance strange that nothing could wedge between them now and yet Thranduil did not wish for anything more than friendship...as if the feeling of love could never be rekindled once more.




Thranduil traveled a little closer to the center on the forest. The forest was littered with large and small hot springs, cool mineral springs, and small lagoons. Thranduil started the ritual with a cleansing of the body followed by silent meditation and prayer. He later would relax his muscles with exercises and stretches until his entire body was loose and more flexible. Doing all this he hoped to unify all aspects of himself, and benefit his mind, body, and spirit.

He was happy when he found a hot spring blessedly free of other elf's as he removed his robe and eased himself into the warm water. He allowed the hot spring to loosen his muscles so he wouldn't have to stretch so much before his exercise. Thranduil smiled upon noticing the Lissuin soap placed upon a stone tablet near the spring. He grabbed one of the oval shaped bars inhaling the scent with a contented sigh before lathering the soap and running it along his finely toned body.

After he bathed and relaxed a moment in the water he pulled himself out of the hot spring and dried himself off. He knelt giving a short silent prayer before he began his meditation and exercise, his entire being felt more relaxed as he cleared his mind and moved his body.




Glorfindel and Haldir talked quietly among one another as they walked the forest floor. They each knew who the other was, having seen one another on countless occasions, but through the duration of the ceremony, and stay, their names were not used. Friend, partner, companion that was how they addressed one another so that their station would mean nothing.

The two continued their conversation until Glorfindel suddenly cut short his sentence and gazed to his left stopping his walk.

Haldir frowned and stopped as well. "What has caught your notice so well mellonen that is should carry one in my pocket to better hold your attention myself?" He asked following his sight his eyes falling upon the ethereal beauty laid before them.

Haldir found his breath caught in his throat for a moment, Glorfindel having a similar reaction to the elf a good few yards away form them.

Thranduil's golden hair spilled over his shoulders when he pulled his head backward his back arching, legs extended, and arms supporting his weight. His chest was bear and he wore nothing but a tight pair of leggings, not even a sandal was present on his feet. They could clearly see the muscles beneath his skin flex under the strain, his chest tightened and stomached flattened. His body glistened in the twilight and his hair danced with the hues and glows as the sun caught it. The steam ascended from the pool and off Thranduil's body, he shifted and changed positions the cool wind drying his body sending goose bumps over his skin.

Haldir smiled. "Trust only you to find one so enticing." Haldir said knowing exactly what was running through his friends mind as he gazed upon the delectable body and striking features this elf possessed.

"And what might you mean by that?" Glorfindel said lowing his voice just enough so not to alert the elf they watched and disturb the performance, which in its innocent's was actually quite erotic.

"Are we playing ignorant? But a few yards away is one of the fairest elf's I have ever seen, nor do I recall ever seeing him before...that type of beauty I would remember...you were never to leave one such as him alone, have we changed our stripes?" Haldir teased. He knew where Glorfindel's tastes ran and this elf was hitting the bull's-eye dead on.

"You know me far to well Meldir...he is awfully attractive isn't he?" Glorfindel said content with just admiring the elf from afar at the moment before turning his eyes to Haldir.

"Attractive is an understatement, although I'm curious as to why I've never seen him before and he is alone...I would suspect him to catch many eyes just walking into the forest. Surely he didn't enter unnoticed." Haldir said.

Glorfindel simply shrugged. "Lucky me then, no other to interfere...how I will love conquering this one." He said giving a slightly impious smile to Haldir.

Haldir rolled his eyes. "I wish you luck then, I have my eyes already set to another. I will catch up with you later, tell me how this goes for you." Haldir said walking away.




Glorfindel turned his eyes back to the scene at hand but was slightly disappointed to see the beautiful elf pulling on a robe that concealed his form almost completely. Glorfindel frowned being a little disheartened wanting to catch him without so much fabric in his way but shrugged it off and approached the other before he walked out of sight.

"Excuse me..." Glorfindel said once in earshot of the other as the elf turned to meet Glorfindel's eyes. Thranduil's eyes held a slightly green undertone beneath a bright blue that in the right light were astounding, this elf's eyes alone almost took Glorfindel's breath away yet again.

Thranduil looked behind himself turning to see a blonde elf in a simple black tunic and tanned legging with sandals. His eyes were a deep blue, like the sea, and he was obviously a warrior considering his stance and well built body. After a moment Thranduil frowned noticing this new elf wasn't speaking at all. "Yes? Were you speaking with me?" Thranduil asked.

His voice was just as beautiful as the rest of him Glorfindel thought absentmindedly. Glorfindel shook himself from his stupor, chastising himself slightly for staring so obviously at the other. "That I was." Glorfindel said flashing him a brilliant smiled as he walked up to him but was careful not to get too close. He didn't know if this elf would be put-off by being too bold and he wasn't about to make the wrong move with him. He decided to gauge this one's personality a little. "I was curious as to why a pen-neth, such as you would be out so close to nightfall." Glorfindel asked.

Thranduil was slightly insulted to be called young, but honestly he was used to it as well, most thought him younger than he truly was. Also the charm in the other's voice was easy to detect Thranduil decided two could play at this game. "If you consider me to be so young...why not tell me why an Pen-iaur would be trying to charm an elfling? Wouldn't you be better off with your own age?" Thranduil asked a small smile upon his features.

Glorfindel scoffed a little, this elf's tone of voice removed the possibility of him being too young, and he was well past his majority. Although most elf's compared to Glorfindel were young anyway. "Forgive my assumption, your features are rather fair and fooled my better judgment, you must fool many." Glorfindel said taking a step closer making Thranduil take a step back, which confused him but continued the talk. "But why are you alone? Most here like company of others, yet you choose to be alone."

"I keep my company limited...I like my privacy is all. Now if you'll excuse me." Thranduil said turning his back to the other and intending to return to his talan.

"You like your solitary so much I can't even have a conversation with you?" Glorfindel asked, usually his charm made others react the way he wanted, or at least what they thought he wanted.

"That is not it...although it is late and I am tired." Thranduil said looking at the forest floor, for some reason he felt almost inferior to this bold elf in front of him and while he would never admit to it...the other probably knew.

"Then...by that standing, may I see you tomorrow?" Glorfindel asked.

Thranduil sighed heavily, he wasn't an idiot and it was clear to see what this elf wanted from him in the long run but Thranduil didn't want to encourage anything by agreeing to meet with him tomorrow. "I must graciously decline." Thranduil said turning to leave once again, but Glorfindel stepped in his path preventing him.

Glorfindel stepped in front of him. "Come now Lirimaer, we have just met...why must you part from my company so soon." Glorfindel was usually very charismatic but with this elf it seemed to only roll off his shoulder.

Thranduil sighed, now a little irritated with the other, such forward remarks and body language were the exact things Thranduil was trying to avoid, he figured he might as well put a stop to this one's advances now if he wished to be left alone.

"You assume very much to think your charm and charisma effect me good elf. I suppose it works on the inexperienced and curious...but I am neither and am not to be so easily seduced by a few charming words and empty flattery." Thranduil paused at the blanched expression the other wore before he continued. "You seem to be the type that's played this scene over many times before..." He leaned close to the other and whispered. "What makes you think it would work upon me?" He said looking straight into Glorfindel's eyes as if trying to find an answer for his question.

"My, my aren't we taxing?" Glorfindel said the charm in his eyes and voice changing into something more animalistic and raw. Glorfindel was not so easily put off, although this elf was something new all together, beautiful, intelligent, and challenging and how Glorfindel loved a good challenge. "Do you push this hard against anyone who approaches you? Most take the hint and leave you be I'm sure...what makes you think it would work upon me?" He asked back not letting this one go so easily.

Thranduil glared at the other menacingly. He knew it wasn't having the effect he intended though. "I spend my time during the ritual alone, surely you can respect that?" Thranduil said. "And I'm sure your charm would work upon any other, go conquer them for I am not interested in becoming just another tally mark on your roster."

"Only if I wanted to...and deliberately or not you've made yourself ten fold more alluring than before by seeing straight through my normal act. Had you fallen under it my interest would soon be lost but no, your smart enough to know it for what it truly is." Glorfindel smiled seductively at this other elf who watched him so carefully now. "Do not worry, I will leave you be for tonight, I have no patience for a chase right now and the night is still young...but I intend to catch you later pen-neth...and I will make you scream." He said startling Thranduil a bit at his choice of words as he walked away.

Thranduil stood shocked for a moment as he stared at the wake of the bold, and as much as he hated to admit it, enticing elf. None had ever been so brave as to talk to him in such a way before and it sent shivers down his spine. He found it odd he actually liked the tone of voice being so raw accompanied by rough words, it left him flushed and breathless...and it made him want to hear them again. He had never been talked to like that, because of his position, as King of Mirkwood but this elf didn't know whom he was so it was a little refreshing to be treated as an equal...although this elf did not really treat him in such a way, this elf regarded him as young and as a subordinate to him. Thranduil smiled slightly, oh how wrong he was.

Terrance broke him form his thoughts, "My friend?" he said as Thranduil turned to face him. "I brought food up to our Talan and wine, let us share a cup." He said.

"I would like that." Thranduil said following Terrance back to their Talan.
End Notes:
[Mellonen] - My friend
[Taurelasse] - Forest Leaf
[Meldir] - friend
[Pen-neth] - Young one
[Pen-iaur] - Ancient one
[Lirimaer] - lovely one
Chapter 2 by Nerwen
The next day Thranduil woke up very relaxed and feeling somewhat rejuvenated. He and Terrance had talked late into the night while sharing a bottle of wine, and he greatly enjoyed catching up with his dear friend which more often than not Thranduil had been neglecting as of late. He felt lighter and happier than he had in quite some time. He usually did after he had cleansed and decided that a walk through the forest would be nice, granted he would stay to the outskirts but it was quite and it allowed him to collect his thoughts.

He walked keeping his eyes on the floor, but he wasn't watching his feet he was watching the earth, he and his people lived in caves, and Mirkwood's earth had many caves already and the earth, Mirkwood held stone's as large as castles. Thranduil's palace was actually one of those hallowed out stones. But this earth was not like that of his homeland, it was soft and it sunk slightly when he would press down with his foot.

This place was so beautiful and welcoming, he felt at ease and calm. He briefly wondered why he avoided this place with such urgency as he used to.

"It's good to see you are an early riser today like myself Lirimaer."

A voice spoke from behind him making Thranduil remember why he avoided this place.
Thranduil gave a heavy sigh, irritated to no longer be alone, but even so turned to slightly bow to the other elf "Maer aur." He said with little emotion.

"The morn fairs...I have seen better mornings, normally when my bed is not empty." Glorfindel said.

"Oh? Did your wonderful charm fail twice in the same day? You make it sound like a first, although I find that hard to believe." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel scoffed, he liked this elf's cocky attitude towards him. "I chose to make it an early evening, I wanted to catch you and I usually sleep late for I stay up during the night to...entertain." He said.

"You are rather vulgar, and I find your company most repellant...why you are even wasting your time with me, I'd like to know. You are arrogant in yourself...and self-confidant enough and by that I assume that you have no trouble filling your bed...if I am right, then why are you pursuing me? What have I done to make you think I'm even the slightest bit interested in you?" Thranduil asked not wanting to spend his remainder of the ceremony in confrontation with this one.

"I pursue you because you are the only one who has ever refused me before, not to mention you challenge me, most would bend over backward if they thought it to please me but you don't..."

"I won't." Thranduil said correcting him with a strong voice.

"You see? Right there is why I pursue you...you are bold and do not fear me, I like that about you." Glorfindel said pausing a moment. "And I want to break you of that, force you to bend to my wishes if I must, make you surrender to me completely without resisting me, if I must bind you hand and foot trust me when I say that I will."

Thranduil frowned. "You would take me against my will?"

"Hardly, I would never force myself upon another, I have a strong moral against that...you realized already though that I have never had a challenge like you, so my method of persuasion might be a bit violent...but you'll want it long before I even start." Glorfindel said watching the other closely for a reaction, seeing only small perplexed frown, but he took it as piqued curiosity.

Terrance's voice broke them both from their thoughts "I doubt he would take kindly to that method...and nor would I." He said taking a place next to Thranduil his protective nature toward his friend showing obviously.

Glorfindel only smiled. "I suppose you are his escort?" He asked.

A small smile from Terrance confirmed this. Glorfindel took a moment to study this elf. His hair was an odd shade; it was a burgundy almost red color that reached a little past his shoulders, his eyes being a deep forest green color. His stature was tall and obviously strong, you could see the well-trained muscles under the fabric of his clothing. But there was something amiss his left arm was completely concealed by a long glove and he allowed his hair to cover most of the left side of his face, he couldn't see exactly what it was the other was hiding but they appeared to be...scars? Glorfindel shook his head of Terrance, that elf was not his interest as Glorfindel took a step closer to Thranduil causing Terrance to give him a venomous stare making Glorfindel smile.

"...Or are you his lover?" Glorfindel asked turning fully to Terrance catching him off guard.

"...No." Terrance said. "I...I am his escort...his friend." Terrance said, hesitant in his words of what Thranduil meant to him. "I will ask you politely to leave him alone, no doubt he had already asked you himself yet you continue to harass him, but I suggest you heed my word." Terrance said. He looked to Thranduil a moment who obviously appreciated Terrance's words and protectiveness.

"I doubt mere words by you will intimidate me, very little does. I will do as I want. Moreover, by the rules of the ceremony, as long as I do no harm I am free to pursue whomever I please, and I have yet to even touch him." Glorfindel said.

"You would do well to keep your hands to yourself, if I find you have touched him in an inappropriate way you will answer to me." Terrance said.

"You have quite a protective friend here Lirimaer...maybe we could settle things now?" Glorfindel said. "A match against your escort, if I win you will spend a day alone with me...and if he wins I will stop my chase of you." He said.

Thranduil glared angrily at Glorfindel. "No. I will not be set as a prize over a foolish game! I am not some trophy to be passed to the next contestant who finds me desirable, and I will not be fought over!" This was very stressing and that was what Thranduil wished to avoid in all this.

"This could turn in your favor, it's not as if I would make you do anything you did not wish too...I already told you I would not force you." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil looked to Terrance who looked at him. "If you wish it, I will do as you ask." Terrance said.

Thranduil shook his head, "I will not place you against one another and I will not be a reward..." Thranduil said before turning to Glorfindel. "I will spend an evening with you if that is what you desire so terribly bad..." Thranduil said with a slight hesitation.

Terrance looked at him concerned, not wanting Thranduil to spend any type of time with this elf especially not alone. But Thranduil seemed to know what he was doing and Terrance had to respect that his friend was intelligent enough.

"That is less than I desire...but it will suffice for now." Glorfindel said. "May I meet you for the midday meal...here?" He asked.

"I had plans to go to the sword-play tournament later, meet me there." Thranduil said as Glorfindel bowed giving Terrance a challenging look before walking away.

Once Glorfindel was out of sight and earshot Terrance turned to Thranduil. "You plan on seeing your eldest." Terrance said knowing the crown prince was just as protective of his father as he was himself. "Good enough strategy to possibly turn him away."

"What else was I to do? I was not about to watch you two fight over me. Promise me you will do nothing so foolish for me." Thranduil said and Terrance frowned.

"You must understand that I have dedicated myself to protect you and your family, if I must fight to protect you I will, so I cannot promise that I will not be foolish...especially when it comes to you my lord." Terrance said with a soft smile.

Thranduil couldn't help but smile back at him. "Your dedication is remarkable to me...and I am grateful to you, you will always be my cherished one Terrance, never forget that." Thranduil said shocking Terrance for a moment for actually using his name as he began to walk away apparently heading for the tournament that would take place after the midday meal.




Thranduil watched with satisfaction and delight as his eldest son, Valandil, fought with many elf's that wished to challenge him, as of yet he was undefeated. Thranduil knew he was skilled with a sword but did not know how well his skills were defined, he was remarkable, and Thranduil felt himself filled with pride at simply watching him. As he watched his son he realized just how much the prince resembled his own father Oropher, the same color hair and eyes, athough Valandil had a more silver color to his eyes and hair rather than the grey color that Oropher had, but nevertheless his build, the way he held himself...it was so much like Oropher.

Valandil was currently battling with an older elf, but he still overthrew him as he smiled running a hand through his short silver hair with a smug look upon his face. He was becoming arrogant in his success, but he had the right to be prideful...at least for the moment.

Thranduil's watch of the games were inturupted by Glorfindel. "You seem quite interested in the current champion of this game...he is quite skillful if I do say so myself though." Glorifndel said.

"Do you have any skill with the sword?" Thranduil asked turning his eyes back to his son for a moment caught his gaze and flashed him a brilliant smile.

Glorfindel frowned at the smile exchanged between the two, they obviously knew one another. "I do...but unless it is necassarry I prefer not to pick one up, I have had my fair share of battles in life and I do not thirst for more." He said catching Thranduil's gaze.

"I agree with that, but I doubt the ones in the tournament thirst for battle, it is a simple game intended for fun...and it's harmless. I enjoy seeing others having a good time...it allows me to belive that good times are still to be had." Thranduil said.

"I'm sure of that." Glorifndel said gracing a hand against Thranduil's cheek who pulled away instantly from the touch and gave him a venomus stare. This action did not go unnoticed by Valandil who, as stated beore, was very protective of his father.

"You will maintain your distance good-elf." Thranduil said sarachasim dripping form his words.

"Come now Lirimaer, I barely caressed your cheek...is that too forward?" Glorfindel asked.

"Stop calling me Lirimaer, and please do not touch me. I do not know you well enough to accept such advances in grace or calmness...it makes me nervous." Thranduil said looking away, noticing his son no longer on the tournament field.

"Very well." Glorfindel said to Thranduil's surprise that he accepted his request. "Although I must call you something besides elf...since you do not wish to be called Lirimaer...what should I call you? Pen-neth? Poicaquen?" Glorfindel asked smiling at Thranduil's expression.

"I have told you before that I am not as young as I appear." Thranduil said. "There is much you have yet to know about me and..." Thranduil said stopping mid-sentence as he smiled seeing Valandil walking up to them. "My son, you were doing so well in the tournament, I am disappointed in seeing you leave them so soon." Thranduil said.

Valandil smiled at his father. "There will be more later, I am surprised to see you here though father, I half expected not to see you again until the end of the ceremony...and it's even more surprising to see you without your escort." Valandil said.

Glorfindel was for a moment taken aback, this elf had children...or at least a child. Did that mean he already had a mate? No, he couldn't be attached, elf's that were already wedded or bonded would attend the ceremony together, and it was rule that had to be followed. However, he was obviously involved with someone at one point in time and undoubtedly female, he might not be interested in males...Glorfindel had a whole new set of questions he wanted answers too at the meeting of his son.

Valandil turned to Glorfindel. "A friend of yours father?" Valandil asked taking in Glorfindel for measure.

Glorfindel frowned, this beautiful elf had planned this, he intended him to meet this obviously protective son and be put off. It was working for a split second but he quickly composed himself he would not let this elf win so easily.

Glorfindel smiled. "I was granted the divine pleasure of sharing the evening with your father, we are slowly getting to know each other better." Glorfindel said knowing he would have to tread softly around this one. His escort was a completely different matter; between an escort and a son...there was no comparison.

"Father, me and my brother are meeting for supper later, he expressed wanting to see you, would you please join us?" Valandil asked.

"I will attend, is it my youngest who wished for me?" Thranduil asked.

"I have not seen the little one since we arrived, I believe he is enjoying himself with those closer to his own age, although I know he is going to join the archery tournament in a few days time. Can I expect to see you there?" Valandil asked.

"I do not know as of yet...but I will try." Thranduil said. "Where do you wish to meet?" Thranduil asked.

"It will be near the arrival plot, you will not be able to miss it father." Valandil said giving one last warning look to Glorfindel telling him with his eyes that should anything happen to his father by Glorfindel's hands he would answer to now two elf's, his son and his escort.

Thranduil smiled as his son walked away and looked at Glorfindel. "You seemed slightly surprised in meeting him." Thranduil said.

"I did not know you had children, was it three?" Glorfindel asked.

"Yes, three sons." Thranduil said beginning to walk away form the busy tournament field and further into the quiet forest area.

"If you do not mind me asking, where is your mate? You understand that if you are bonded you must attend the ceremony together correct." Glorfindel asked wanting make sure that this elf was no longer attached.

"My wife passed away long ago, shortly after the birth of my third child. I know of all the rules of the ritual, I would not break them especially not on my first visit." Thranduil said.

"I am sorry for your loss..." Glorfindel said knowing that this elf had to have been bonded before, considering he had children, and if he was alone now that meant that the mate had to have passed or sailed to the Valloir. "Forgive me, but why did you two never visit the ceremony together, this being your first time its concluded she didn't attend either." Glorfindel said.

"We didn't need to travel to be together, and the realms of all elf's are quiet during this time...most are here. We didn't need or want a special ceremony to re-affirm our love or cleanse our souls. We were...happy just being with one another, we needed no one else." Thranduil said a small pain in his chest as he spoke of his wife.

"You speak so splendidly of her...you must have loved her very much." Glorfindel frowned it was obvious this elf was one that loved with absolute abandon...his love was a true love that would never falter. It was quite possible that he didn't know how to love without laying his heart on the line." Glorfindel sighed. "You still love her don't you? She still holds your heart...and that is why you shun others, except for your children and your friend."

"That is not it...not exactly...I know she is dead, I am not deluding myself to think otherwise, but why would I ever want to forget her? To simply indulge myself in pleasure? She deserves more than that and I refuse to dishonor her by taking a lover I have no intention of staying with, above all when they have no intention to stay with me either." Thranduil paused. "I owe her that much at least."

Glorfindel nodded, he understood this elf's position better now. It wasn't so much him, Thranduil simply wouldn't feel right being taken or taking, he still felt he owed his wife...he looked into the beautiful sapphire eyes Thranduil had. "You still yearn to feel that you belonged to her, although you know as well as anyone else you never truly have belonged to anyone...I can see that clearly in your eyes, you loved her yes and bonded to her I'm sure, but that sense of belong was never accomplished with her, and you still yearn to feel it...but she has departed, you must fear getting close to another and never feeling complete...that sense of belong can be reached with another you know." Glorfindel said.

"Of course, but I am not like you...I cannot have a fleeting moment of love and I will not indulge myself in lust." Thranduil said.

"I understand that." Glorfindel said truly understanding him now, although even more intrigued by him, he was just as beautiful on the inside as he was on the outside.

"If you do then please...I beg of you to leave me be." Thranduil said.

"Why would I do that? Every time we meet I become more and more infatuated with you, you've proven to me now you are worth all the trouble in the world...should you allow me close to you, whatever the cost, I believe it would be worth it in the end." Glorfindel said.

"And after you claim your prize?" Thranduil asked still skeptical.

"Prize? You said so yourself you are no such thing...I will not treat you as such either, you are worth more than a fleeting night. You are a privilege of which I should be honored to even be near, beautiful and pure...in love if nothing else. You are a dying breed lirimaer...and I would cherish you like no other would, for I see and understand what they do not, what they will not...you opened yourself up to me and I see your heart." Glorfindel said leaving Thranduil speechless for a god few moments.

"...But I have yet to see yours..." Thranduil said.
End Notes:
[Lirimaer] - lovely one
[Maer aur] - Good Morning
[Pen-neth] - Young one
[Poicaquen] - Pure one
Chapter 3 by Nerwen
Glorfindel walked contemplating the past few days, he had gotten to know the elf he had become accustomed to calling Lirimaer, as if it was his real name. The more he spoke with him the more he had come to like him...actually like him, enjoy his company and come to take pleasure in the simplest things about him. The ceremony used to be a time for him and all to reflect upon his life, but afterward he tended to indulge himself in other's...and no matter who they were he never spent more than a few nights with them if even that, before moving on to the next. He wasn't oblivious to himself; Glorfindel knew he was attractive to both male and female parties, so filling his bed was no trouble.

But for the few days he had spent with his Lirimaer...he had lost interest in bedding any other, and even though Glorfindel wanted the beautiful elf...his beautiful Lirimaer, he wanted more from the elf than his body. He enjoyed simply spending time with him and loved so many things about him. His hair, his skin...his eyes, oh by the Valar how he loved this elf's eyes, he didn't show much expression but when he did half of it, if not more, was right there in his eyes. They were intense and powerful, if you were to look into them, as Glorfindel did, you would feel as if you are standing on the edge of the world, alone, and about to drown in a never-ending ocean. That is assuming his eyes were blue at the time, they changed color from a vast array of blue's and greens. Glorfindel was now able to perceive his moods by the color of his eyes, happiness comes in two shades, either they are a cerulean blue or a bright emerald color, when he is prideful they grow brighter almost a true sapphire color or a inspiring jade...but oh so beautiful, absolutely stunning. There were so many different shades and emotions to name, and he learned new ones every day and looked forward to it even.

Glorfindel even loved the elf's children, going as far as sword fighting with his eldest, and enjoying the gentle company of his middle child. He had yet to meet his youngest and was in fact headed to the archery tournament to meet with his Lirimaer and see his last child. He was a very prideful and wonderful father. He treated each of his sons with equal respect and adoration, he loved them each dearly and expressed his love for them openly and freely...again that pure love of absolution that he held, it was incredible.

It made Glorfindel happy reminiscing about the new things he learned about his infatuation every day. It was a shame that they couldn't get too in depth with one another without revealing who they were but it didn't stop them. They learned each other's favorite food and wine, favorite pastimes and hobbies. They were different granted, but they also had many similarities, and even though it had been a while for Glorfindel to go through the steps of an actual relationship...it was refreshing and he was actually enjoying it all.

As he walked he came upon Terrance. He seemed to be simply enjoying the day walking alone. Glorfindel couldn't help but stop the escort though and have a few words with him. He was curious about this elf for the simple fact his Lirimaer would speak of him rather often, and Glorfindel made it a point to get to know the things and people that were important to Thranduil.

Terrance was obviously very important to the elf he adored so much and he wanted to get to know him as well. He knew they were friends from early childhood so their bond was very strong but...other than that he knew nothing of him.

Terrance gave him a rare smile "My taurelasse awaits you at the tournament...I escorted him there but past that I did not think he required me to stay."

"Your Taurelasse?" Glorfindel asked

"A childhood nickname I gave him, it suits him well here when I wish to address him." Terrance said.

Glorfindel nodded, "So you no longer feel the need to watch as I spend time with him? You were never far when we were supposed to be alone." Glorfindel knew Terrance was never to far from Thranduil even if they walked from one end of the forest to the other Terrance would remain unseen but still there.

"I know that he can handle himself, but as I'm sure you can tell I am very protective of him, however, I don't consider you a threat anymore. You seemed to be only interested in his body at first but now your fondness for him has grown to a broader perspective...he deserves that...and I'm glad your admiration is not so limited." Terrance said.

Glorfindel smiled at him. "You are a good conversationalist when you are pleased with me, otherwise I feel the need to shield myself from your somewhat seething gaze. Also do not worry, hurting your taurelasse is my last intention." Glorfindel said once again looking at the gloved arm and the few scars he could see on Terrance's neck.

Terrance noticed the look and sighed. "I was burnt badly in a fire...partly in my devotion to my Taurelasse, protecting him. But I'd prefer you never mention your curiosity about my burns to him...he feels guilty that I have them since I got them trying to help him." Terrance said.

"Was he caught in a burning home or something?" Glorfindel asked. It was strange for elves to have lasting scars, he had to have been burnt terribly for them to be permanent.

"No...but it doesn't matter. He holds guilt to these scars I bear, although I would do nothing different if given a second chance. I just ask you not to mention them or inquire about them to him, I doubt he will ever forgive himself for what has happened." Terrance said.

"Have you forgiven him?" Glorfindel asked.

"I never blamed him to begin with, it was my choice, I could have avoided it if I wished but he was more important to me. He asked me once to forgive him but I told him what I am telling you. I never blamed him, so forgiveness is not needed." He said.

"But he might need to hear it from you so he can move past that guilt, you are not blaming him so maybe he finds justice in blaming himself instead?" Glorfindel asked.

"Possibly...but I will not place blame on something he had no control over, I cannot do that. Besides that hypothesis might go two ways. One: he could process the guilt and overcome it or, two: he could feel even more guilty since I had practically confirmed his suspicion that I blame him in the first place and he needed my forgiveness at all." Terrance paused. "No, I prefer it this way...and I hold true to my word that it wasn't his fault, and I will never blame him." Terrance smiled.

Glorfindel looked at Terrance amazed for a moment, this elf reveres his friend, truly reveres him like a real treasure or precious jewel...so much in fact he cares not for his own physical or emotional pain. After watching him for a few days it was obvious that this elf would never do anything that Thranduil would dislike and despite all this he still holds him in the highest regard and will remain forever faithful to him.

"I am returning to our talan, please escort Thranduil home, he has attracted much attention at the tournament...I give him to you freely as a test, bring him back safely to me and I might stop following you two." Terrance said with a wink.




Upon reaching the tournament, Glorfindel could instantly tell which one was Thranduil's child. They looked so much alike it was impossible for them not to be of some relation. And his Lirimaer was right, this young elf was very skilled with a bow, he was blowing right past those his own age and those past his age...he would defiantly make it to the finals. Glorfindel walked around a bit finally seeing his elf shying away from a few elf's that were speaking to him. He gave a Glorfindel a faint smile when they made eye contact and Glorfindel couldn't help but gleam at the gesture.

"I have a prior engagement, I appreciate your offer though." Thranduil said to one of the elf's whom was obviously trying to lure him away, but Thranduil simply walked up to Glorfindel. "I am glad you came, I was wondering if you were actually going to come." Thranduil said. "Although I am glad you did." He added.

"I wished to see your youngest, and he is quite skilled as you said." Glorfindel said.

"You had no trouble seeing which one was mine, did you?" Thranduil said.

"You two resemble each other so much it's uncanny, if he is not your son, he is your twin." Glorfindel said.

"Ah yes...a younger, shorter, and more childish twin." Thranduil said shaking his head.

"Very well then, he is your inner child." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil smiled at that thought. "Actually, I like that interpretation better than any other I have heard." Thranduil watched his son for a moment filled with pride once again, he loved his children so much and was more than happy to be able to spend time with them without worrying about his kingdom or duties, he was free of that burden now, and would be for many weeks to come.

"Tell me, you act as if you hardly see your sons...and you care for them so much is your occupation in life so demanding that it denies you of what you obviously want more than anything else?" Glorfindel asked.

Thranduil frowned. "Unfortunately it does, and I cannot abandon my position in life...and while I will greatly miss spending time with them and watching them live in such a free spirit, I will treasure it nonetheless." Thranduil paused and smiled at Glorfindel. "This will not make me bitter, these memories will comfort me when I am lonely or troubled and if I can remember them like I see them now...I will feel as satisfactory and content as I do now with these memories."

"Is that really enough though? I know you love your children, any can see that, but what about you?" Glorfindel asked. "I have spoken with your children idly and they speak so admirably of you and what a wonderful father you are...yet they worry about you becoming lonely." Glorfindel said.

"I have been alone for a few years, and it's not as if I never see my sons, the visits are simply far between is all...also I worry about their acceptance should I chose to be with another." He paused seeming a little troubled. "If I found someone and they rejected my decision in any way...you must understand they mean more to me than anything in this world and even if it meant denying my own happiness I would happily yield to their desire. They are all I have left of a family, and I will not abandon them to create a new one with another." Thranduil said as he took one last look at his youngest before walking away from the bustle of elf's and into a more quite and secluded part of the forest.

Glorfindel followed feeling guilty, he had upset his Lirimaer. "I am sorry...it was not my intent to trouble you so." He said approaching Thranduil cautiously. "I was told once that loving might be a mistake but it was one worth making." He said once he knew Thranduil was listening to him more intently now. "Love is one of the most splendid pleasures in life weather it is fleeting or forever I never denied myself of that feeling." He said.

"You live for yourself though, they way you act and speak is so free but my life is not one with such freedom...not only that I live for my children." Thranduil said.

"What about now? During the cleansing, this is your time to live as freely as you wish and that includes loving as freely or as much as you wish." Glorfindel said stepping closer to Thranduil happy that he didn't step away.

"Perhaps you are right. However, you know I do not feel even slightly comfortable with a fleeting love...I cannot be like that even if I tried." He said shaking his head. "I want them to accept me and a new partner...but I fear the pain of losing them or the one I love should either party be rejected." He said. "I can love as freely as I wish during this time, but what about after?" He asked.

"Partners at times are kept after the ritual...they are as commonly kept as they are not. Allow yourself to make a mistake to take a chance in all his, granted it might hurt in the end..." Glorfindel cupped the beautiful face in both hands as he continued. "But just as you are filled with happiness at watching your children now and will be comforted by the memories, would you not be comforted by the memories of a love you had during this time as well...My Lirimaer...?" Glorfindel said trailing of slightly as he leaned forward kissing Thranduil gently.

Thranduil went ridged for a second at the contact, but couldn't seem to stop himself from testily kissing back at first until he disregarded his fear and surrendered to the skilled lips of this bold elf. Soon the gentle kiss became more. It became more possessive as strong arms wrapped around him trapping his body flush against Glorfindel their mouths still locked in an unbreakable hold. The heat of Glorfindel's tongue shot past Thranduil's lips startling him although he allowed it nonetheless.

The heat and power this elf demonstrated was enticing but also a little frightening. Thranduil was not used to being dominated so easily without a fight and he had fought with this elf at the beginning, but now he looked forward to meeting with him and his beautiful smile seemed imprinted to his memory...and this kiss, he would sooner die before he forgot this kiss, so powerful and wanting...wanting of him.

The kiss soon broke off and Thranduil found himself breathless in Glorfindel's arms, he hardly noticed the other's strong arms were practically holding him up...apparently his knees had given way underneath him. He pulled away a little shakily although Glorfindel was reluctant to let go of him so soon.

Glorfindel smiled at the flushed appearance the other wore. "Did that feel like a mistake Lirimaer?" He asked touching Thranduil's arm gently.

"No...I guess it didn't." He said lowering his head in an attempt to hide the obvious flush that increased across his cheeks.

"I've wanted to do that for so long..." He said running a hand through Thranduil's hair. "You are an amazing elf and you as just as beautiful on the outside as you are inside, you seem to sacrifice so much for love of the one's you hold dear and deny yourself what we have just shared." Glorfindel pressed his forehead to Thranduil's. "Don't...do not deny yourself any longer and please do not deny me the privilege of becoming dear to you as well." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil frowned but not is disapproval only in contemplation. "I must think on this matter...it has been long since I have become close to another, it feels somewhat foreign and a little frightening."

"I am sorry, I did not mean to frighten you at all..." Glorfindel was cut off.

"Do not misunderstand I enjoyed myself, the intensity and feeling was a bit overwhelming is all, frighten was the wrong word...immense is more appropriate." Thranduil said.

"That's good to know...strange how much we have changed since our first meeting, although I believe it is for the better." Glorfindel said.

"Maybe...please join me for the midday meal, I would appreciate the company." Thranduil said changing the subject quickly so they would not face an awkward silence...or even a comfortable silence.

"Of course." Glorfindel said, he would allow Thranduil to set the pace of this; he managed to make the first move so now it was up to Thranduil should this progress. Glorfindel knew he couldn't pressure Thranduil for it would only push him away, but he was perfectly content waiting for him.

Thranduil and Glorfindel decided to share their food near a small lake, it wasn't empty there were a few elf's lounging about in the water but they were far from where Glorfindel and Thranduil were relaxing. But it appeared to be a very relaxing day for most, many were simply napping or simple and peaceful conversation. Besides the archery tournament not much was going on today.

Glorfindel enjoyed sitting with Thranduil in silence as they laid on the cool grass together eating fruit and bread. They drank sweet wine and conversed lightly over mindless things that would be forgotten with the next day. Thranduil enjoyed this though; it was nice to be treated like an everyday elf and for those around him to do the same...just normal everyday elf's nothing more or less.




Haldir saw Glorfindel a few yards away form him as he was coming out of the lake after a swim. He hadn't seen Glorfindel in a good few days and when he caught a glimpse of him he was always with that pretty elf they saw a few days ago. Honestly it wasn't like Glorfindel to focus so intently on one elf, granted he wasn't used to rejection but...his behavior around this one seemed a little different than what he was used to. He was kinder and gentler; he treaded softly around this one and was respectful to his escort rather than challenging him. He seemed genuinely interested for once.

Haldir smiled a little at the situation, he knew Glorfindel for so long and his behavior was that of someone who was in love. Glorfindel would probably never admit to it but Haldir could clearly see it in his friend's eyes, if this relationship progressed he would fall deeper and deeper until his life would be incomplete without the other. Haldir had been waiting for this day, Glorfindel was alone far too much in his life and this pretty elf by his side seemed to lighten his whole world, who wouldn't want to come home to that?

Haldir decided not to bother the happy couple and let things between them go as they will without his outside interference, they seemed to be doing fine on their own anyway.
End Notes:
[Lirimaer]- lovely one
[Taurelasse] - Forest Leaf
Chapter 4 by Nerwen
Author's Notes:
Dedication: This is dedicate to my first reviewer, thanks so much for the support!
Terrance watched ad Glorfindel finally returned with Thranduil as the two spoke softly to one another for a short time, obviously making a point to meet each other again the next day. With every passing day the two became closer and closer to one another, Thranduil was smiling more and seemed to finally let go of his previous concerns and relax enjoying his time here. It brought joy to Terrance that his king was actually enjoying himself once more, it had been long since he last saw Thranduil so carefreea33;but Terrance also knew it was because of this new elf that his Taurelasse was so happy, and as much as he hated to even think it he was terribly jealous of him. It wasna33;t as if he thought Thranduil could only be happy with him, he wanted Thranduil to be more sociable if anything, but he did want his Taurelasse to be with him as he was with this new elf. He silently watched the two of them speak.

a33;You seemed quite insistent that you return me here today, usually I am the one to end our time together.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Yes, I promised your escort that I would return you safely today, a respectable hour hopefully will put him at ease so he will maybe allow me a few moments to be truly alone with you.a33; Glorfindel said a smile upon his features.

a33;He means no harm by it, I assure you.a33; Thranduil said. a33;He didna33;t follow us today, I know him well enough to know when he is near, and if asked I know he would stop.a33; Thranduil paused for a moment. a33;He cares for me, but he also trusts me.a33;

a33;Nevertheless, he said he might stop following us if I returned you home safely tonight. I am true to my word hopefully he will be true to his.a33; Glorfindel said with a smile. a33;Besides ita33;s best he stops following us by his own accord, he shouldna33;t feel the need to watch us constantlya33;I wouldna33;t hurt you.a33; Glorfindel said softly placing a gentle hand on Thranduila33;s cheek. a33;I will see you tomorrow morning Lirimaera33;a33; Glorfindel said kissing Thranduila33;s lips gently before walking away.

Terrance felt his heart constrict when he saw them kiss. He didna33;t know why he was feeling so betrayed though, Thranduil and Terrancea33;s love was long ago and it never re-affirmed itself. What they had was no longera33;but if that was the case why did it hurt so much to see him with another? The jealousy he felt against Glorfindel stabbed him like a knife and he cursed his feelings for Thranduil. He wanted to be happy for Thranduil, it had been so long since his lord was happy, and he wanted to share in that pleasure but all he felt was pain and envy. He knew Thranduil would never love him like he had oncea33;so long ago.

Terrance knew that Glorfindel and Thranduila33;s relationship would only grow from this point, and they had more than enough time to develop a truly devoted relationship. This new elf seemed genuine in his advances toward Thranduil. Glorfindel came about his attraction to Thranduil completely wrong at first, but as the two spent more and more time together he learned how to approach Thranduil in ways Thranduil would accept his affectiona33;and slowly Thranduil began to return the affection as well. As Terrance watched them, Glorfindel seemed to start caring more and more for Thranduil with each passing daya33;this was not a fleeting love, the two of them were falling in love, even if they didna33;t realize ita33;this was the start.

Thranduil broke his thoughts. a33;My friend, how was your day today?a33; He asked his voice was light and jovial as he spoke.

a33;Rather uneventful actually, I returned to the talan after I left you at the archery tournamenta33;caught up on some reading.a33; Terrance said masking the emotion in his voice, the last thing he wanted to do was ruin Thranduila33;s good mood.

a33;I was hoping you would find more to do in your time here, you would tell me all the times about what pleasure and entertaining activities you had at the ceremonya33;you were the one who convinced me to come after all.a33; Thranduil said. a33;You do not seem so interested in joining the games or activities laid before you, why is that?a33; Thranduil asked.

a33;Ia33;I am your escort, you are my responsibility and I intend to hold true to my promise to watch you.a33; Terrance said noticing his own temporary hesitation. Although he tried hiding how much he was hurting on the inside, Thranduil always had a knack for knowing when something is wrong; especially when it came to Terrance, he knew the elf all to well.

a33;a33;Yesa33;a33; Thranduil answered as he noticed Terrance seemed stiff and uneasy but decided not to ask why, as of now. a33;Speaking of which I was hoping that since mellonen returned me safely to you, you could possibly stop following us.a33; Thranduil asked. a33;I appreciate your concern and I know you only seek my well being but I am not an elf-ling and I feel you are treating me as such.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;That is not my intent, I tend to over protect you I know, buta33;a33; Terrance began but Thranduil cut him off.

a33;I know why you do as you do, that does not need an explanation. I am simply asking you, for now, allow me to venture off on my own.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;I will do as you ask but Ia33;a33; Terrance stopped. He wanted so badly to know why he and Thranduil had never gotten back together, he was married and he thought it was the passing of Thranduila33;s wife, but he was reanalyzing everything now that his lord was free to fall in love once more.

It was completely off subject but he felt he needed to ask, although he didna33;t know what good would it do for him to ask Thranduil why their love was never reaffirmed, for what good could it possibly do him now? His heart already felt like it had been shattered into a thousand piecesa33;but he didna33;t really have anything to lose either. a33;Please forgive me for asking and if I am out of line do say so but Ia33;a33; Terrance stopped his words catching in his throat. a33;You love me, do you not?a33; Terrance asked taking a different approach.

a33;Of course I do, and you should never question thata33;have I done something to make you think that I do not?a33; Thranduil asked suddenly concerned that his life long friend was asking such a questiona33;the fact that it even entered his mind worried Thranduil.

a33;Not at alla33;but you once loved me more that just as your friend, I never had to opportunity to ask what changed between us. You were married when we finally met once again after your father separated us, so I didna33;t question it then, but I do nowa33;for the relationship you are forming with this new elf is causing me many tribulations.a33;

Thranduil paused for a good few minutes, he never suspected Terrance having harbored feelings for him for so long, it must hurt him so much to see him with Glorfindel or anyone else for that matter. How painful it must have been to see him get married, her bearing him three beautiful children and to always be by his sidea33;without ever being able to get closer to him.

a33;Why did you never say anything? I understand why you stayed silent during my marriage, it was out of respect buta33;by the Valar how this must be painful for you, how it must have felt being by my side and with my wife and childrena33;why did you endure that pain?a33; Thranduil asked.

Terrance shook his head. a33;I cherished youa33;I endured fire for you, I am permanently scared as a mark of my devotion to you Thranduila33;you are my treasured one and always will be. Staying silent for so long was the only way I knew I could stay by you.a33; Terrance said.

Thranduil felt his heart constrict painfully in his chest but he knew he had to tell Terrance the truth for he no longer felt the same. a33;I cherish you also Terrance, more than any jewel in my kingdoma33;but the love we had was so long agoa33;I do love you Terrance, and thata33;s not even a question, but my love for you has changed over time and I do not feel the same as I once did.a33;

a33;But why is that? What changed?a33; Terrance asked.

a33;It is very difficult to describe a feeling Terrance, even more difficult as to why it would changea33;you were my lover for a almost a century and I was very happy with you. You were my first, and I will never forget those times, but they are no more.a33; Thranduil looked into Terrancea33;s eyes his heart nearly breaking at the sight of them. a33;I pray you forgive me for the anguish and heartache you must have suffered through all this time you have been with mea33; Im naa lathynth. Saes tenin mia33;a33; Thranduil said his voice nearly breaking as he spoke.

a33;a33;Very well my lorda33;I need to be alone right now, please do not follow mea33;I will stop following you as well.a33; Terrance said leaving the talan in a hurried manner.

Thranduil closed his eyes feeling tears well, but he refused to let them fall. He had no right to cry, he shouldna33;t be allowed to share in Terrancea33;s paina33;they were Terrancea33;s feelings and Thranduil refused to take any more form him than he already had. He wanted to fix this all, everything was going so well and now it seemed as he was losing his best friend, allowing him to slip through his fingersa33;he didna33;t want to lose Terrance, no matter how selfish it was he still wanted Terrance to be by his side. But he also wanted that bold and charming elf who had managed to touch his heart so intimatelya33;could he have both? Or would he end up losing one? The other? Or worse yeta33;both?




Thranduil awoke the next day seeing Terrance did not return in the night, which troubled Thranduil, he would have gone out looking for him but Terrance asked him not to followa33;so Thranduil had to assume he would come back when he was ready. Thranduil decided to go for a walk, he still felt awful for all that Terrance must be going througha33;and he never noticed his friends pain. Thranduil felt like he had failed at being Terrancea33;s friend, he should have known.

He stopped at a small clear lake and sat down admiring how the trees above reflected upon the undisturbed surface. The ritual grounds were truly beautiful, fragrant flowers bloomed in the morning, evening, and night, by the scent in the air you could easily tell what time of day it was. Lakes, ponds, and small rivers littered the grounds, as well as hot springs and mineral tarns. Thranduil leaned up against the tree and stared into the water, gazing at his reflection as if studying it for a moment. The beauty of this place helped him forget for a moment about Terrance, although he soon found himself drifting off to memories of what he and Terrance had shared once, for that time when they were togethera33;it was more beautiful than the forest could ever reflect.




a33;My Lord!a33; Terrance said chasing after Thranduil as they ran through the thick woodland of Greenwood. It was becoming late and Terrance knew they should return soon or least be chastised by his King and Thranduila33;s father, Oropher. a33;We should return soon.a33; He said.

Thranduil flashed him a brilliant smile. a33;I have been in study for hours, if my father insists on confining me to the library and lessons he should expect me to stay late when I finally am allowed outside once again!a33; Thranduil said obviously having too much energy from sitting still for so long.

a33;You are a prince my lord, you will one day rule Greenwood The Greata33;your lessons are important, he wants whata33;s best for you.a33; Terrance said walking up to his over-energetic lord, being cooped up for so long did seem to boost his stamina. a33;And you are acting very un-prince-like, you behave like an elf ling.a33; He chided.

a33;And you behave as a Pen-iaur! Act you age and have a little fun once in a while!a33; Thranduil said and tackled his overly serious friend to the ground.

The two wrestled with one another for a few moments until their playful wrestling turned into a lovers embrace on the forest floor. They didna33;t return home till late into the night which both earned them an angry king and father. They usually tested the Kinga33;s patients but they were happy and in love and for the longest time they believed nothing would change between them.




He was about to go back to his talan to see if Terrance had returned, but on the way he crossed paths with Glorfindel, he suddenly remembered that he was supposed to meet him for breakfast near the arrival plot but he had forgotten with everything that had happened with Terrance last night.

a33;Ia33;m sorry, I forgot about our meeting.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Ita33;s all right, I took the time to catch up with a friend of mine I wanted you two to meet actually, but there is still timea33;a33; Glorfindel stopped seeing his Lirimaer was not really paying attention, his face held concern and a bit of worrya33;he seemed sad. a33;Lirimaer? What is wrong?a33; Glorfindel asked concerned.

a33;a33;My escorta33;I believe I have hurt him, and I am not sure as to how to remedy this situation we have found ourselves in.a33; Thranduil said lowering his head. a33;When I find myself in situationa33;s that I am unsure of I would go to him and ask his advicea33;but now when I need advice more than any other time I cannot go to him.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Then ask me, allow me to help youa33;if nothing else you can at least tell me your woes and I will sooth your worries the best I can.a33; Glorfindel said with a warm smile.

a33;It is a long storya33;if you really wish to listena33;a33; Thranduil said as Glorfindel nodded.

Glorfindel found it astonishing that his Lirimaera33;s mood would seem to determine his own mood, and his Lirimeara33;s problems appeared to trouble Glorfindel just as much as they troubled Thranduil. It seemed as they had finally made a connection as if they were empathetic with one another. And this empathy relation made Glorfindel want to help Thranduil in any way he could, so they would not both be miserable.

Glorfindel found the tale about Terrance and Thranduil to be slightly heart wrenching being separated from someone you loved so dearly, by your own father nonetheless, and when Terrance and Thranduil were allowed to see each other once more Thranduil had gotten marrieda33;and yet Terrance did not and could not give up on loving Thranduil, although Thranduila33;s heart then belonged to another.

It must have torn Terrance up on the inside and the outside. Harboring feelings for someone else out of respect and devotion must be horrible, pain is one thing but what Terrance was feeling much more than pain at the momenta33;it was closer to sheer agony.

Glorfindel understood Thranduila33;s position though, he simply didna33;t feel the same and Terrance would need time to get over this before he was able to be near Thranduil again. But that is what probably what hurt Thranduil the most, the two were confidants to one another, and it hurta33;that when Terrance needed someone to talk to and be consoled by, the one he would normally go to was the cause of the pain he was feeling nowa33;and Thranduil felt useless and inadequate in his friendship with Terrance for being unable to help him in his hour of need.

a33;You must understand he feels rejected by your actions, although it was not your intent to cause him any type of paina33;being with me was enough to surface those memories and feelings he had apparently be harboring all this time..a33; Glorfindel said.

a33;But I enjoy spending time with you, is it selfish of me to want both of youa33;will I end up losing one of you?a33; Thranduil asked.

a33;I dona33;t think you will, your escort just needs some time to process this and hea33;ll move beyond it. He cares for you very much, too much to just throw everything the two of you have away, over simple jealousy.a33; Glorfindel pulled Thranduil into his arms. a33;Everything will be well Lirimaer, youa33;ll see.a33; He said gently kissing the top of Thranduila33;s head.

Thranduil smiled, feeling slightly better getting those concerns off his chest. a33;Should I feel guilty, that I didna33;t notice? Because I already do and I wonder if that guilt is justified.a33; Thranduil asked.

a33;Honestly I wouldna33;t. He had the opportunity to tell you this for a long time but chose to stay silenta33;and even if he did mention it sooner would it have made a difference?a33; Glorfindel asked.

a33;No, I suppose nota33;considering my feelings, I doubt, will change. I am not fickle in my decisions either.a33; Thranduil paused. a33;I wonder though when he will return to our talan.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Hard to say, it might even be a few days before you see him again, I can relate to what it is like being near one you care for so dearly knowing that nothing will become of ita33;it takes work, some people have limits.a33; Glorfindel said.

Thranduil became curious of his tone he seemed a little distant when he spoke. a33;Do you have someone you love? Back home?a33; Thranduil asked pulling himself from Glorfindela33;s arms to look at him in the eyes as he spoke.

Glorfindel shook his head. a33;I did love him, very much indeeda33;but we never were together like you and your escort, he never felt the same about me either, it was always one-sideda33;and I suppose it was better that way it was easier for me to let go knowing this.a33; Glorfindel said. a33;Doesna33;t mean that it didna33;t hurt though, partly why I took to pleasure during the rituala33;it was easy to forget him by indulging in the things I knew I would never receive from him.a33;

a33;Strange that we all want love and yet it can be so painfula33;rejection, want, need, humiliation, ache, we all go through so much just to love.a33; Thranduil said being pulled back into a strong embrace.

a33;But you are forgetting, happiness, acceptance, having, belonging, blissful, the good will outweigh the bad in the end my Lirimaer.a33; He kissed Thranduil for a moment enjoying the feel of the othera33;s lips on his for a moment. a33;See? Was that not blissful?a33;

a33;Granteda33;but it worries me that he would think I no longer love him because of these blissful momentsa33; Thranduil said.

a33;Thata33;s impossible.a33; Glorfindel said giving Thranduil a squeeze. a33;In the few weeks Ia33;ve know you and spent time with you I have found that you have an absolute way of loving others, true that there are many different ways and types of lovea33;but even so it is a pure and unwavering love, no one can question that.a33; Glorfindel smiled warmly at him.

a33;Thank you for saying thata33;but his tribulations are my fault, weather or not I intended it, I still hold responsibility for this. Ita33;s awful that I can hurt someone so much in so many different ways, I shouldna33;t have control of something that powerful, Ia33;ve been abusing him without even realizing it.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Like you said, it was not intended, and this power you speak of, you only have because he has given it to you in the first place.a33; Glorfindel lifted Thranduila33;s chin. a33;Hea33;ll process this pain and move forward soon enough, for now let him be alone to sort through his feelings. Sometimes you can grow closer to someone after they have been away for a whilea33;it will also allow you to think about your relationship with him as well.a33; Glorfindel pressed his forehead against Thranduila33;s. a33;But for now, enjoy your time with me and allow us to grow closer.a33;

Thranduil smiled leaning into the embrace, he honestly didna33;t feel guilty about being with Glorfindel right now or any other time regardless of Terrance. While he couldna33;t help himself but to worry about Terrance he knew there was nothing he could do but wait for him to come around, and self punishment was not Thranduila33;s prerogative, not to mention he shouldna33;t blame this all on himself, he was honest and that was all he could do.

a33;Tell me things about yourselfa33;take my mind of these rather disheartening matters.a33; Thranduil said. a33;Where do you hail from?a33; Thranduil asked.

a33;I am from Imladris, ita33;s always been my home.a33; Glorfindel said a33;You?a33; He asked.

a33;Mirkwood, I suppose you could say Ia33;ve lived there all my life as well but I was a part of it when it was once called Greenwood the Great also.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Ia33;ve never been to Mirkwooda33;Ia33;ve seen the halls of Thranduil but I never entered. He protects his realm well. The lord of Imladris has always been curious as to how he protects his people without a ring of power, I admit I am curious as well.a33; Glorfindel turned to Thranduil. a33;How are your borders protected?a33; He asked.

a33;There is an enchanted river, any who drink from it, or find themselves within it, fall into a never ending slumber.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;What happens in the event of an accident?a33; Glorfindel asked.

a33;The kings herbalist has an antidote, but to my knowledge no one from Mirkwood has ever fallen victim to the river.a33; Thranduil said. a33;Most, like you said, get as far into the forest as seeing Thranduila33;s halls, after that most cannot venture further, you cannot enter the halls without King Thranduila33;s direct consent.a33; Thranduil said finding it odd to talk about himself like a third person, but it was the rules he had to abide by.

a33;I guess that is what one must do to protect his peoplea33;do you know much about him, the king?a33; Glorfindel asked.

a33;More than some.a33; Thranduil said not going to delve into personal reasons why he knew so much, that would certainly break many rules.

a33;Does he protect his borders with magic as they claim he does?a33; Glorfindel asked seemingly intrigued.

a33;Yes, or so Ia33;m told, the river is not enough as orca33;s have learned to be wary of it, and although to enter the halls you need an invitation not all of our people live in the caves, many do still dwell within the forests treea33;s and cottages upon the ground. Also most of the caves are not directly connected to Thranduila33;s hallsa33;the halls are basically the palace.a33; Thranduil shook his head getting off topic. a33;But he uses his magic to further protect his borders, shielding his people from attack with invisible barriers and incantationa33;sa33;it takes almost all of his strength to do so but I suppose that is an expression of his sacrifice for his people.a33; Thranduil said with a shrug, it was true he sacrificed much for them, he loved them so dearly.

a33;Have you been to his halls before?a33; Glorfindel asked.

a33;Yes.a33; Thranduil answered simply.

a33;What do they look like? Ia33;ve heard elves say he wished to recreate the glory of Doriath, and he started to build a cave hall to match Menegroth.a33; Glorfindel said.

a33;That was his initial intent yes, but the terrain proved inappropriate so the finished halls do not resemble Menegrotha33;although glorious nonetheless.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;Maybe when I visit you in Mirkwood we could see the halls together one day.a33; Glorfindel said cupping one of Thranduila33;s cheeks lovingly.

a33;When? You have plans to continue seeing me?a33; Thranduil asked slightly surprised.

a33;Of coursea33;I do not want our relationship to end with the end of the ceremony, I wish us to flourish and growa33;together.a33; Glorfindel said. a33;Do you not wish for the same?a33; Glorfindel asked concern washing over his features.

Thranduila33;s smiled wrapping his arms around Glorfindel, kissing him strongly seeming to startle the other slightly, until he returned the embrace and the kiss with equal energy.

a33;You have no idea what it means to me to hear you say that, for I do not wish for this to end eithera33;it has been long since I last felt this way, I do not want to lose it.a33; Thranduil said.

a33;I will stay by your side as long as you allow it.a33; Glorfindel said kissing Thranduil gently.Terrance watched ad Glorfindel finally returned with Thranduil as the two spoke softly to one another for a short time, obviously making a point to meet each other again the next day. With every passing day the two became closer and closer to one another, Thranduil was smiling more and seemed to finally let go of his previous concerns and relax enjoying his time here. It brought joy to Terrance that his king was actually enjoying himself once more, it had been long since he last saw Thranduil so carefree...but Terrance also knew it was because of this new elf that his Taurelasse was so happy, and as much as he hated to even think it he was terribly jealous of him. It wasn't as if he thought Thranduil could only be happy with him, he wanted Thranduil to be more sociable if anything, but he did want his Taurelasse to be with him as he was with this new elf. He silently watched the two of them speak.

"You seemed quite insistent that you return me here today, usually I am the one to end our time together." Thranduil said.

"Yes, I promised your escort that I would return you safely today, a respectable hour hopefully will put him at ease so he will maybe allow me a few moments to be truly alone with you." Glorfindel said a smile upon his features.

"He means no harm by it, I assure you." Thranduil said. "He didn't follow us today, I know him well enough to know when he is near, and if asked I know he would stop." Thranduil paused for a moment. "He cares for me, but he also trusts me."

"Nevertheless, he said he might stop following us if I returned you home safely tonight. I am true to my word hopefully he will be true to his." Glorfindel said with a smile. "Besides it's best he stops following us by his own accord, he shouldn't feel the need to watch us constantly...I wouldn't hurt you." Glorfindel said softly placing a gentle hand on Thranduil's cheek. "I will see you tomorrow morning Lirimaer..." Glorfindel said kissing Thranduil's lips gently before walking away.

Terrance felt his heart constrict when he saw them kiss. He didn't know why he was feeling so betrayed though, Thranduil and Terrance's love was long ago and it never re-affirmed itself. What they had was no longer...but if that was the case why did it hurt so much to see him with another? The jealousy he felt against Glorfindel stabbed him like a knife and he cursed his feelings for Thranduil. He wanted to be happy for Thranduil, it had been so long since his lord was happy, and he wanted to share in that pleasure but all he felt was pain and envy. He knew Thranduil would never love him like he had once...so long ago.

Terrance knew that Glorfindel and Thranduil's relationship would only grow from this point, and they had more than enough time to develop a truly devoted relationship. This new elf seemed genuine in his advances toward Thranduil. Glorfindel came about his attraction to Thranduil completely wrong at first, but as the two spent more and more time together he learned how to approach Thranduil in ways Thranduil would accept his affection...and slowly Thranduil began to return the affection as well. As Terrance watched them, Glorfindel seemed to start caring more and more for Thranduil with each passing day...this was not a fleeting love, the two of them were falling in love, even if they didn't realize it...this was the start.

Thranduil broke his thoughts. "My friend, how was your day today?" He asked his voice was light and jovial as he spoke.

"Rather uneventful actually, I returned to the talan after I left you at the archery tournament...caught up on some reading." Terrance said masking the emotion in his voice, the last thing he wanted to do was ruin Thranduil's good mood.

"I was hoping you would find more to do in your time here, you would tell me all the times about what pleasure and entertaining activities you had at the ceremony...you were the one who convinced me to come after all." Thranduil said. "You do not seem so interested in joining the games or activities laid before you, why is that?" Thranduil asked.

"I...I am your escort, you are my responsibility and I intend to hold true to my promise to watch you." Terrance said noticing his own temporary hesitation. Although he tried hiding how much he was hurting on the inside, Thranduil always had a knack for knowing when something is wrong; especially when it came to Terrance, he knew the elf all to well.

"...Yes..." Thranduil answered as he noticed Terrance seemed stiff and uneasy but decided not to ask why, as of now. "Speaking of which I was hoping that since mellonen returned me safely to you, you could possibly stop following us." Thranduil asked. "I appreciate your concern and I know you only seek my well being but I am not an elf-ling and I feel you are treating me as such." Thranduil said.

"That is not my intent, I tend to over protect you I know, but..." Terrance began but Thranduil cut him off.

"I know why you do as you do, that does not need an explanation. I am simply asking you, for now, allow me to venture off on my own." Thranduil said.

"I will do as you ask but I..." Terrance stopped. He wanted so badly to know why he and Thranduil had never gotten back together, he was married and he thought it was the passing of Thranduil's wife, but he was reanalyzing everything now that his lord was free to fall in love once more.

It was completely off subject but he felt he needed to ask, although he didn't know what good would it do for him to ask Thranduil why their love was never reaffirmed, for what good could it possibly do him now? His heart already felt like it had been shattered into a thousand pieces...but he didn't really have anything to lose either. "Please forgive me for asking and if I am out of line do say so but I..." Terrance stopped his words catching in his throat. "You love me, do you not?" Terrance asked taking a different approach.

"Of course I do, and you should never question that...have I done something to make you think that I do not?" Thranduil asked suddenly concerned that his life long friend was asking such a question...the fact that it even entered his mind worried Thranduil.

"Not at all...but you once loved me more that just as your friend, I never had to opportunity to ask what changed between us. You were married when we finally met once again after your father separated us, so I didn't question it then, but I do now...for the relationship you are forming with this new elf is causing me many tribulations."

Thranduil paused for a good few minutes, he never suspected Terrance having harbored feelings for him for so long, it must hurt him so much to see him with Glorfindel or anyone else for that matter. How painful it must have been to see him get married, her bearing him three beautiful children and to always be by his side...without ever being able to get closer to him.

"Why did you never say anything? I understand why you stayed silent during my marriage, it was out of respect but...by the Valar how this must be painful for you, how it must have felt being by my side and with my wife and children...why did you endure that pain?" Thranduil asked.

Terrance shook his head. "I cherished you...I endured fire for you, I am permanently scared as a mark of my devotion to you Thranduil...you are my treasured one and always will be. Staying silent for so long was the only way I knew I could stay by you." Terrance said.

Thranduil felt his heart constrict painfully in his chest but he knew he had to tell Terrance the truth for he no longer felt the same. "I cherish you also Terrance, more than any jewel in my kingdom...but the love we had was so long ago...I do love you Terrance, and that's not even a question, but my love for you has changed over time and I do not feel the same as I once did."

"But why is that? What changed?" Terrance asked.

"It is very difficult to describe a feeling Terrance, even more difficult as to why it would change...you were my lover for a almost a century and I was very happy with you. You were my first, and I will never forget those times, but they are no more." Thranduil looked into Terrance's eyes his heart nearly breaking at the sight of them. "I pray you forgive me for the anguish and heartache you must have suffered through all this time you have been with me... Im naa lathynth. Saes tenin mi..." Thranduil said his voice nearly breaking as he spoke.

"...Very well my lord...I need to be alone right now, please do not follow me...I will stop following you as well." Terrance said leaving the talan in a hurried manner.

Thranduil closed his eyes feeling tears well, but he refused to let them fall. He had no right to cry, he shouldn't be allowed to share in Terrance's pain...they were Terrance's feelings and Thranduil refused to take any more form him than he already had. He wanted to fix this all, everything was going so well and now it seemed as he was losing his best friend, allowing him to slip through his fingers...he didn't want to lose Terrance, no matter how selfish it was he still wanted Terrance to be by his side. But he also wanted that bold and charming elf who had managed to touch his heart so intimately...could he have both? Or would he end up losing one? The other? Or worse yet...both?




Thranduil awoke the next day seeing Terrance did not return in the night, which troubled Thranduil, he would have gone out looking for him but Terrance asked him not to follow...so Thranduil had to assume he would come back when he was ready. Thranduil decided to go for a walk, he still felt awful for all that Terrance must be going through...and he never noticed his friends pain. Thranduil felt like he had failed at being Terrance's friend, he should have known.

He stopped at a small clear lake and sat down admiring how the trees above reflected upon the undisturbed surface. The ritual grounds were truly beautiful, fragrant flowers bloomed in the morning, evening, and night, by the scent in the air you could easily tell what time of day it was. Lakes, ponds, and small rivers littered the grounds, as well as hot springs and mineral tarns. Thranduil leaned up against the tree and stared into the water, gazing at his reflection as if studying it for a moment. The beauty of this place helped him forget for a moment about Terrance, although he soon found himself drifting off to memories of what he and Terrance had shared once, for that time when they were together...it was more beautiful than the forest could ever reflect.





"My Lord!" Terrance said chasing after Thranduil as they ran through the thick woodland of Greenwood. It was becoming late and Terrance knew they should return soon or least be chastised by his King and Thranduil's father, Oropher. "We should return soon." He said.

Thranduil flashed him a brilliant smile. "I have been in study for hours, if my father insists on confining me to the library and lessons he should expect me to stay late when I finally am allowed outside once again!" Thranduil said obviously having too much energy from sitting still for so long.

"You are a prince my lord, you will one day rule Greenwood The Great...your lessons are important, he wants what's best for you." Terrance said walking up to his over-energetic lord, being cooped up for so long did seem to boost his stamina. "And you are acting very un-prince-like, you behave like an elf ling." He chided.

"And you behave as a Pen-iaur! Act you age and have a little fun once in a while!" Thranduil said and tackled his overly serious friend to the ground.

The two wrestled with one another for a few moments until their playful wrestling turned into a lovers embrace on the forest floor. They didn't return home till late into the night which both earned them an angry king and father. They usually tested the King's patients but they were happy and in love and for the longest time they believed nothing would change between them.




He was about to go back to his talan to see if Terrance had returned, but on the way he crossed paths with Glorfindel, he suddenly remembered that he was supposed to meet him for breakfast near the arrival plot but he had forgotten with everything that had happened with Terrance last night.

"I'm sorry, I forgot about our meeting." Thranduil said.

"It's all right, I took the time to catch up with a friend of mine I wanted you two to meet actually, but there is still time..." Glorfindel stopped seeing his Lirimaer was not really paying attention, his face held concern and a bit of worry...he seemed sad. "Lirimaer? What is wrong?" Glorfindel asked concerned.

"...My escort...I believe I have hurt him, and I am not sure as to how to remedy this situation we have found ourselves in." Thranduil said lowering his head. "When I find myself in situation's that I am unsure of I would go to him and ask his advice...but now when I need advice more than any other time I cannot go to him." Thranduil said.

"Then ask me, allow me to help you...if nothing else you can at least tell me your woes and I will sooth your worries the best I can." Glorfindel said with a warm smile.

"It is a long story...if you really wish to listen..." Thranduil said as Glorfindel nodded.

Glorfindel found it astonishing that his Lirimaer's mood would seem to determine his own mood, and his Lirimear's problems appeared to trouble Glorfindel just as much as they troubled Thranduil. It seemed as they had finally made a connection as if they were empathetic with one another. And this empathy relation made Glorfindel want to help Thranduil in any way he could, so they would not both be miserable.

Glorfindel found the tale about Terrance and Thranduil to be slightly heart wrenching being separated from someone you loved so dearly, by your own father nonetheless, and when Terrance and Thranduil were allowed to see each other once more Thranduil had gotten married...and yet Terrance did not and could not give up on loving Thranduil, although Thranduil's heart then belonged to another.

It must have torn Terrance up on the inside and the outside. Harboring feelings for someone else out of respect and devotion must be horrible, pain is one thing but what Terrance was feeling much more than pain at the moment...it was closer to sheer agony.

Glorfindel understood Thranduil's position though, he simply didn't feel the same and Terrance would need time to get over this before he was able to be near Thranduil again. But that is what probably what hurt Thranduil the most, the two were confidants to one another, and it hurt...that when Terrance needed someone to talk to and be consoled by, the one he would normally go to was the cause of the pain he was feeling now...and Thranduil felt useless and inadequate in his friendship with Terrance for being unable to help him in his hour of need.

"You must understand he feels rejected by your actions, although it was not your intent to cause him any type of pain...being with me was enough to surface those memories and feelings he had apparently be harboring all this time.." Glorfindel said.

"But I enjoy spending time with you, is it selfish of me to want both of you...will I end up losing one of you?" Thranduil asked.

"I don't think you will, your escort just needs some time to process this and he'll move beyond it. He cares for you very much, too much to just throw everything the two of you have away, over simple jealousy." Glorfindel pulled Thranduil into his arms. "Everything will be well Lirimaer, you'll see." He said gently kissing the top of Thranduil's head.

Thranduil smiled, feeling slightly better getting those concerns off his chest. "Should I feel guilty, that I didn't notice? Because I already do and I wonder if that guilt is justified." Thranduil asked.

"Honestly I wouldn't. He had the opportunity to tell you this for a long time but chose to stay silent...and even if he did mention it sooner would it have made a difference?" Glorfindel asked.

"No, I suppose not...considering my feelings, I doubt, will change. I am not fickle in my decisions either." Thranduil paused. "I wonder though when he will return to our talan." Thranduil said.

"Hard to say, it might even be a few days before you see him again, I can relate to what it is like being near one you care for so dearly knowing that nothing will become of it...it takes work, some people have limits." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil became curious of his tone he seemed a little distant when he spoke. "Do you have someone you love? Back home?" Thranduil asked pulling himself from Glorfindel's arms to look at him in the eyes as he spoke.

Glorfindel shook his head. "I did love him, very much indeed...but we never were together like you and your escort, he never felt the same about me either, it was always one-sided...and I suppose it was better that way it was easier for me to let go knowing this." Glorfindel said. "Doesn't mean that it didn't hurt though, partly why I took to pleasure during the ritual...it was easy to forget him by indulging in the things I knew I would never receive from him."

"Strange that we all want love and yet it can be so painful...rejection, want, need, humiliation, ache, we all go through so much just to love." Thranduil said being pulled back into a strong embrace.

"But you are forgetting, happiness, acceptance, having, belonging, blissful, the good will outweigh the bad in the end my Lirimaer." He kissed Thranduil for a moment enjoying the feel of the other's lips on his for a moment. "See? Was that not blissful?"

"Granted...but it worries me that he would think I no longer love him because of these blissful moments" Thranduil said.

"That's impossible." Glorfindel said giving Thranduil a squeeze. "In the few weeks I've know you and spent time with you I have found that you have an absolute way of loving others, true that there are many different ways and types of love...but even so it is a pure and unwavering love, no one can question that." Glorfindel smiled warmly at him.

"Thank you for saying that...but his tribulations are my fault, weather or not I intended it, I still hold responsibility for this. It's awful that I can hurt someone so much in so many different ways, I shouldn't have control of something that powerful, I've been abusing him without even realizing it." Thranduil said.

"Like you said, it was not intended, and this power you speak of, you only have because he has given it to you in the first place." Glorfindel lifted Thranduil's chin. "He'll process this pain and move forward soon enough, for now let him be alone to sort through his feelings. Sometimes you can grow closer to someone after they have been away for a while...it will also allow you to think about your relationship with him as well." Glorfindel pressed his forehead against Thranduil's. "But for now, enjoy your time with me and allow us to grow closer."

Thranduil smiled leaning into the embrace, he honestly didn't feel guilty about being with Glorfindel right now or any other time regardless of Terrance. While he couldn't help himself but to worry about Terrance he knew there was nothing he could do but wait for him to come around, and self punishment was not Thranduil's prerogative, not to mention he shouldn't blame this all on himself, he was honest and that was all he could do.

"Tell me things about yourself...take my mind of these rather disheartening matters." Thranduil said. "Where do you hail from?" Thranduil asked.

"I am from Imladris, it's always been my home." Glorfindel said "You?" He asked.

"Mirkwood, I suppose you could say I've lived there all my life as well but I was a part of it when it was once called Greenwood the Great also." Thranduil said.

"I've never been to Mirkwood...I've seen the halls of Thranduil but I never entered. He protects his realm well. The lord of Imladris has always been curious as to how he protects his people without a ring of power, I admit I am curious as well." Glorfindel turned to Thranduil. "How are your borders protected?" He asked.

"There is an enchanted river, any who drink from it, or find themselves within it, fall into a never ending slumber." Thranduil said.

"What happens in the event of an accident?" Glorfindel asked.

"The kings herbalist has an antidote, but to my knowledge no one from Mirkwood has ever fallen victim to the river." Thranduil said. "Most, like you said, get as far into the forest as seeing Thranduil's halls, after that most cannot venture further, you cannot enter the halls without King Thranduil's direct consent." Thranduil said finding it odd to talk about himself like a third person, but it was the rules he had to abide by.

"I guess that is what one must do to protect his people...do you know much about him, the king?" Glorfindel asked.

"More than some." Thranduil said not going to delve into personal reasons why he knew so much, that would certainly break many rules.

"Does he protect his borders with magic as they claim he does?" Glorfindel asked seemingly intrigued.

"Yes, or so I'm told, the river is not enough as orc's have learned to be wary of it, and although to enter the halls you need an invitation not all of our people live in the caves, many do still dwell within the forests tree's and cottages upon the ground. Also most of the caves are not directly connected to Thranduil's halls...the halls are basically the palace." Thranduil shook his head getting off topic. "But he uses his magic to further protect his borders, shielding his people from attack with invisible barriers and incantation's...it takes almost all of his strength to do so but I suppose that is an expression of his sacrifice for his people." Thranduil said with a shrug, it was true he sacrificed much for them, he loved them so dearly.

"Have you been to his halls before?" Glorfindel asked.

"Yes." Thranduil answered simply.

"What do they look like? I've heard elves say he wished to recreate the glory of Doriath, and he started to build a cave hall to match Menegroth." Glorfindel said.

"That was his initial intent yes, but the terrain proved inappropriate so the finished halls do not resemble Menegroth...although glorious nonetheless." Thranduil said.

"Maybe when I visit you in Mirkwood we could see the halls together one day." Glorfindel said cupping one of Thranduil's cheeks lovingly.

"When? You have plans to continue seeing me?" Thranduil asked slightly surprised.

"Of course...I do not want our relationship to end with the end of the ceremony, I wish us to flourish and grow...together." Glorfindel said. "Do you not wish for the same?" Glorfindel asked concern washing over his features.

Thranduil's smiled wrapping his arms around Glorfindel, kissing him strongly seeming to startle the other slightly, until he returned the embrace and the kiss with equal energy.

"You have no idea what it means to me to hear you say that, for I do not wish for this to end either...it has been long since I last felt this way, I do not want to lose it." Thranduil said.

"I will stay by your side as long as you allow it." Glorfindel said kissing Thranduil gently.
End Notes:
[Taurelasse] - Forest Leaf
[Lirimaer] - lovely one
[Mellonen] - My friend
[Im naa lathynth] - I am sorry
[Saes tenin mi] - Please forgive me
Chapter 5 by Nerwen
Thranduil awoke the next day in his talan in a warm embrace...Glorfindel had fallen asleep with him that night. He remembered staying up much of the night with him trading stories of their homeland and adventures as a child. Terrance had not returned and Thranduil felt compelled to have someone with him that night.

Glorfindel said he would stay until Thranduil fell asleep, but it happened that they fell asleep together. Thranduil smiled resting his head on Glorfindel's chest listening to his steady heartbeat as he slept. It was wonderful not to sleep alone once again, to feel the heat of another's body beside him, to feel comfortable in their embrace, or to be the one holding them even...either way it was marvelous and he hoped he would never have to leave this bed, simply to retain the feeling he would have happily stayed in bed for the rest of the ceremony and well beyond it.

But he knew he had too, as he rose as slowly as possible so not to wake Glorfindel. Thranduil had fallen asleep with Glorfindel still awake so he might have been awake a good hour or more after Thranduil had fallen asleep. He went over to the dresser drawer and began to change clothes. They had both fallen asleep in the same tunics and leggings they wore yesterday, falling asleep in their clothes.

Thranduil shook his head as he removed his tunic, he couldn't remember the last time he fell asleep to the sound of another's voice. Glorfindel probably didn't mean to fall asleep in honesty; he really had nothing to change into here, Glorfindel's own talan was located closer to the center or the forest. Weather on accident or on purpose, Thranduil truthfully didn't care why Glorfindel had stayed, he found himself happy Glorfindel had. Thranduil reached for a clean tunic but stopped. He grabbed a long absorbent robe instead and decided a bath would be nice as he removed his leggings and slipped on a robe.

Glorfindel awoke seeing Thranduil slipping on a robe. He looked gorgeous in the morning his hair slightly awry, loose and free of brands hanging heavily upon his shoulders...his eyes gaining focus as he yawned, showing he hadn't been awake long. "Going out?" Glorfindel asked mildly as Thranduil turned around startled.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked a little embarrassed that Glorfindel might have seen him changing, it didn't bother him too much but he had always been quite modest about his own appearance.

"Only long enough to see you put on your robe...kind of disappointing really." Glorfindel said with a mischievous glint in his eye making Thranduil roll his eyes at him about to leave but Glorfindel stopped him. "Come here for a moment." Glorfindel said holding out his hand.

Thranduil frowned slightly, Thranduil knew it was a request and not an order but felt compelled to do as he asked. Thranduil took his hand and was pulled toward Glorfindel so fast he nearly fell forward and had to brace himself against Glorfindel's chest to keep from falling, when Glorfindel pulled him closer so they could kiss he was basically forced to sit in his lap. He didn't mind although he felt a little exposed, his robe opened slightly between his legs because of his position, and his naked flesh against Glorfindel's. His body reacted quickly to this, he whimpered slightly into the kiss when he felt himself hardening at the slightly vulnerable position he was in.

Glorfindel's mouth was hot, and it felt as if the kiss alone was cooking his skin and burning into his soul. It was like their first kiss, burning and powerful as he pulled Thranduil against him and Thranduil surrendered to him. Glorfindel slipped his tongue inside Thranduil's mouth as he explored the other's mouth completely, before pulling Thranduil's tongue into his mouth sucking on the slick muscle, making Thranduil moan.

Thranduil felt his robe slipped off his shoulder's falling around his elbows and waist as Glorfindel left his mouth moving over his neck and shoulder's, his teeth grazing the sensitive tip's of his ears and among his collarbone. He could feel Glorfindel's hardening length beneath his legging's straining against the fabric although he was in a similar positing, his own pressing up against his heavy robe.

"AHH!" He cried out slightly as Glorfindel's scorching mouth began to ravage one of his nipples and his other hand went to torture his other.

He pulled almost viscously upon the mithril ring that went through his left nipple only making Thranduil cry out more, but even from the rough treatment he found he enjoyed it. Glorfindel twisted and pulled upon the ring bringing moans and whimpers from Thranduil, He sucked harder upon the nipple in his mouth before biting it savagely bringing another strangled cry from Thranduil. When he finally stopped his assault, both of Thranduil's nipples were red and swollen from the aggressive treatment.

Glorfindel smiled at Thranduil, the elf in his lap breathing heavily and Glorfindel kissed him gently before flipping him on his back and placing himself on top of Thranduil so quickly Thranduil barely had time to think. His arms were a bit restrained because of his robe being around his elbows almost rendering his upper arms immobile. But his attention was quickly diverted when teeth met his neck biting and sucking upon the base.

"AH...! Saes!" Thranduil pleaded not sure what he was pleading for. But gave a contented sigh when Glorfindel released his hold on his neck and began kissing down Thranduil's torso.

As Glorfindel moved lower Thranduil relaxed slightly. Granted he wanted this, it was all wonderful, with promise of getting better as it progressed. But he wasn't sure if he wanted this for the right reasons. Thranduil tensed slightly when Glorfindel reached his waist.

Glorfindel seemed to notice the change almost immediately. "Lirimaer? Do you wish me to stop, I will...if that is what you want." He said.

"I...I am not sure what I want..." Thranduil said honestly battling between what his body wanted and what his mind was telling him, it wasn't that he didn't like Glorfindel, he honestly did...but that didn't mean he should be indulging himself.

Glorfindel smiled sitting up and pulling Thranduil into a sitting position as well, as he placed the robe back on his shoulders. "Next time I ask, I would rather you be absolutely sure it is what you want...otherwise I wouldn't want it." Glorfindel said gently stroking his cheek.

Thranduil smiled shaking his head. "I'm sorry...it's not that I wasn't enjoying myself or that I didn't want it...I just, I don't want it to be wrong, for the wrong reasons that is..." He sighed, standing up being a little light headed when he did. "I'd rather it be right...thank you for being conscious of me though, I wasn't really sure I had the will power to be so for myself."

"I've managed to wiggle my way into your good graces, the last thing I want to do is take advantage of you." Glorfindel stood "By the way, I wasn't hurting you was I? I wasn't to conscious of you in that area. I'm not sure how to take your...uh, sounds...not yet at least." Glorfindel said grabbing a robe as well, it was probably Terrance's but Thranduil didn't seem to mind as he removed his clothing and put on the robe apparently planning on joining him in a bath.

"I was fine..." Thranduil said with a smiled and decided to give Glorfindel a safety net for the nest time. "Understand that I am usually never approached or touched as you just did, I am treated almost as if I would break if handled to roughly. Promise me that you will never treat me like a porcine doll I get enough of that in the real world, I am more durable than I look and I tend to like the rougher things in life because of this."

Glorfindel smiled. "If you wish it, then I will never treat you as if you would break, if you like I would greatly enjoy testing your threshold later." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil nodded with a slight smile. "Joining me for a bath I take it?" He asked changing the subject.

"If that is all right." Glorfindel said as Thranduil smiled and they left the talan together heading for the nearest hot spring.




Erestor walked a path he had never taken before. He was slightly disappointed as of late, he had seen the same elf at the ceremony many times over but never had the will to approach him. He was normally one for the games and he excelled in many of them and Erestor loved watching that powerful body wrestling or sword fighting, his red hair swaying about him and his intense forest green eyes analyzing everything around him. But he was discouraged this year, for not only did he not see him at any of the games he was also with this other elf. He hated to admit it but this other elf was rather attractive and it was obvious he cared much for him and he rarely saw him alone. He promised himself if he ever caught him alone he would approach him this time.

Terrance watched the sky through a clearing in the woods, simply watching the clouds pass by giving him a moment to take his mind off Thranduil. It worked for a little while but he kept on drifting back to that moment when he declared his love for Thranduil after harboring it for so long and not only was he rejected...but he had hurt Thranduil in doing so. He felt awful for hurting the one he cared for the most, by simply admitting his love. It shouldn't have happened that way, he felt as if he should have said nothing at all, even if it eventually drove him insane...he would have done so, to avoid hurting Thranduil he would practically do anything.

Erestor continued his walk but stopped his eyes widening when he saw the object of his affection lying in a clearing watching the sky...alone. He decided it was now or never and Terrance's thoughts were broken by a voice he didn't recognize.

"Maer aur Mellonen." The voice said as a smiling elf with long black hair and shining onyx eyes was standing not to far from where he laid.

Terrance was a little surprised not many elves were this close to the outskirts, and most didn't speak to him either; if they did they never spoke with him for long. He knew they would never admit it but his scars did disturbed a lot of elf's, so he tried to limit his contact, so not to make others uncomfortable or face awkward questions about them.

He sighed but responded as he sat up. "Maer aur." He said lowering his head, he was still rather hurt and angry with himself, he hoped this elf was just being courteous and would leave him be but surprisingly he moved a bit closer.

Erestor frowned, he seemed unhappy...he wondered what was wrong...but they had just met, Erestor was a bit concerned but didn't want to pry into the other's personal affairs for it might cause the other to take offense. "Forgive me, but I was hoping to possibly share an evening with you. I have seen you many times before but you were usually accompanied by another, I thought you to be involved already." He said being honest not wanting to pursue him further if he was involved and just happened to be spending some time alone.

Terrance frowned as he looked up at the elf. "No...I'm not involved...I am...his escort...his friend..." Erestor picked up Terrance practically gritting out the fact that they were friends.

"I do not believe he needs me to watch him anymore." Terrance said with a sigh.

The other elf smiled "Then it is good, you are free for the evening?" Erestor asked in a brighter mood than before, happy this one was not involved.

"I...why do you wish to spend an evening with me of all elves here?" Terrance asked. He had never seen this elf before and he was acting a bit eager to be around him, which was a little curious. This elf before him was very handsome, why would he want an evening with him?

"You seem interesting, and I've seen you at the ceremony before although then I didn't have the nerve to approach you, I thought you would be put off if I was too forward about wanting to spend time with you." The dark elf said looking into the forest green eyes of this elf that intrigued him so much, although he wasn't sure why.

Terrance stood, he was slightly taller than this elf although he couldn't help but feel young when looking into the other's eyes. He was curious about this dark elf before him, although he wanted to be sure of one thing before he agreed to spend time with him. "Do I not...make you uncomfortable?" Terrance asked unable to help himself, he knew his appearance did make others uncomfortable and Thranduil had been the only one to actually touch his scars without a grimace or even a waver in his body or eyes. All others recoiled slightly from them.

"Why would I be uncomfortable? The scars?" Erestor asked as Terrance simply looked away from him confirming what the other thought. "They do not damper your appearance in the least, nor do they disturb me, I am not so shallow that I cannot see past them and see what is truly important." He smiled softly at Terrance.

Terrance scoffed a little. "See past them?" Terrance shook his head. "That can only be done by shielding your eyes, they practically dominate the left side of my body...I would actually prefer you to take notice of them then ignore them, for they will be with me forever, if I can endure them for life then I find others should for at least a few moments..." Terrance said.

Erestor bit his lower lip. "I...I meant no offense, but I understand your position. They are a part of you so like everything else I should see them. I do see them, very clearly, but I am not uncomfortable in the least." He said.

Terrance looked at Erestor curiously. "Only one other has said that to me...worded a bit differently mind you, but with the same context in mind." He said. "...Forgive me for being so robust, I am not in the best of moods today." He said.

Erestor smiled at him gently. "It is all right I suppose, would you mind spending the evening with me? We can become acquainted with one another." Erestor said, that being his main intention with meeting this elf.

"I suppose...maybe you can take my mind of matters that have been troubling me lately, I need a distraction...and a friend if possible." Terrance said.

"I will be happy to oblige." Erestor said. "Mellonen."




Thranduil gave a contented sigh as Glorfindel massaged his back as the warm water around them soothed his muscles and relaxed his entire body. He leaned back into the embrace of this bold elf that he was slowly becoming more and more fond of...it wouldn't be far from the truth if he said he was falling in love with him, it might not even be far from the truth if he already was in love with him.

He gasped slightly when Glorfindel's hands graced his overly sensitive nipples, overly sensitive because of the abuse they suffered earlier. They were still a bit swollen and tender not to mention they caused his thighs to burn when Glorfindel touched them.

"I am sorry...did I go to far here?" He whispered lovingly into Thranduil's ears.

"Your methods were quite all right, you were not hurting me, I would have said something...as I said I enjoy being handled a bit roughly." He said.

"May I ask why? For many do not enjoy it, many prefer my gentle touches rather than my rough ones." Glorfindel said. He was very versatile and would see what his partner liked most. More often than not they wanted to be handled gently.

Thranduil shrugged "I don't know, as a child I was always treated like a doll, to fragile to play with other children and my father was a rather overprotective of me as well...I was treated like that well into adulthood...even now." He leaned against Glorfindel more. "So I guess when another touches me without reserve, I enjoy it more. Makes me feel like just an ordinary elf...I enjoy being treated like everyone else, no different. I am not glass and will not shatter should one be a little rough with me, even if they are a lot rough with me, I can handle it." Thranduil said. "...Does that make me strange?" He asked.

"No, not really. It's natural to want the things you don't have. You just happen to like what you receive, so it's a win-win situation I suppose." Glorfindel said with a slight smile.

"Hmmm." Thranduil turned around and kissed Glorfindel. He took much pleasure in the heat of Glorfindel's kiss, it was always so powerful and fervent, and he didn't hold back his passion or strength and Thranduil drank in these sensations and emotions wanting to drown in them. Most were so reserved and cautious around him, being a King withheld others from being themselves as well...he held back much as well, living such an isolated lifestyle left him almost starving for raw and unobstructed emotion, as if he was trying to make up for all he had missed.

Glorfindel couldn't help but moan slightly into the kiss. Thranduil had been timid and shy with their first kiss but as they became closer he became bolder and he initiated the contact as well. He was a good kisser, his soft lips amazingly skillful and no matter how fragile he seemed at times Glorfindel knew he was strong. It would be nice to have a decent tumble with this elf, should he be given the opportunity to do so.




Soon the two elves finished bathing after exploring one another more deeply and Thranduil excused himself wanting to be alone for a little while. Glorfindel asked if he could return to Thranduil's talan and wait for him there which Thranduil agreed to. He knew Terrance well enough to know he would not be returning just yet, it might be a few days yet until he comes to terms with everything and Thranduil wanted to give him the space and time to do so.

Thranduil walked slowly, barefoot only wearing short leggings and his robe while he enjoyed the cool breeze and the fragrant flowers. He was happy, and it had been so long since he had felt this way, true he was happy with his life before Glorfindel but he did feel different, lighter in heart and body as he grew closer to him.

As Thranduil walked he saw someone he had not seen in almost a hundred years...Elrond, who was king of Imladris. He knew very well who this elf was, and respected him in all aspects, he was somewhat of a mentor and guide after his father fell during the alliance. Thranduil was thrust into the role of king so suddenly it was bit overwhelming and Elrond helped him through that time. Elrond was even kind enough to keep an eye on him throughout the years following the last alliance. They corresponded through letters but he hadn't received a letter from Elrond in some time.

Elrond noticed Thranduil as well and approached him with a gentle smile placing a hand on the elf's cheek in a fatherly manner. "You are looking very well...you've grown so much since I last saw you." He said warmly.

Thranduil smiled, he enjoyed Elrond's touch, and his hands were warm and large, much like his fathers, and they both had big hands. "You are looking well also, although you look no different from whence I last saw you." Thranduil said enjoying the somewhat fatherly affection from the older elf.

"Should I?" Elrond said sweeping his gaze over Thranduil, while they spoke with each other, they haven't seen one another in over a thousand years...Thranduil had grown to be a most beautiful elf. It had surprised him slightly, granted they hadn't spoken in some time but they haven't seen each other since the alliance. Thranduil was so young then but now he was so...gorgeous. Elrond quickly composed himself.

"Please accept my condolences at the loss of your wife, I am sorry I was unable to attend her funeral, I feel slightly guilty that I was not there for you." Elrond said.

"Do not be, our duties come first and I know you had your own pressing matters to attend to. Besides it had been a while since we corresponded with one another, by the time the word reached Imaldris her memorial service had already taken place." Thranduil said.

"I could have been there for you though; you shouldn't have been alone during that time." Elrond said. "After the Alliance I tried my best to help you along but once you moved your people further north I was unable to see you...I feared you being alone."

"I wasn't alone; I do have my three children and Terrance." Thranduil said shaking his head. "Please let us change the subject, I would like my current mood to stay as it is, and this topic is rather upsetting." Thranduil said softly.

"I am sorry." Elrond said understanding Thranduil's position. "I don't believe you have attended the ceremony until now...this is your first visit is it not?" Elrond asked.

"Yes, my friend and my children convinced me to join, hoping it would lighten my mood...which is actually working I am having a wonderful time here." Thranduil said.

"I suspect your escort is Terrance?" Elrond said wanting to confirm what he already suspected, "but I don't see him anywhere at the present moment...which is curious to say the least." Elrond said, he knew how close the two of them where, Terrance was also a pillar of strength for Thranduil, Elrond also knew of their personal relationship with one another was once beyond friendship...although Thranduil didn't seem to hold the same feeling anymore he knew Terrance did.

"We had...I'm not sure it was an argument, I'm not sure what one would call it, nevertheless he wanted to be alone and I want to respect that." Thranduil said.

Elrond frowned, "It's not often he actually wishes to be away from you...if it wasn't a fight what was it?" Elrond asked.

"He still...holds feelings for me. I wasn't aware that he still felt that way about me, I felt so guilty that he was there when I married, had children, and now with this new interest in my life he seems to have pushed him over the edge on how much he can take. But...I simply no longer feel the same." Thranduil said.

"Were you honest with him?" Elrond asked.

"Of course, and I guess that's what hurt him the most." Thranduil sighed. "The fact that he has been so close to me and yet we will not be as we once were." He said.

"Why is that though, you are free to pursue a new love, do you not wish for that?" Elrond asked concerned that Thranduil would not even attempt a new love out of devotion and respect for his deceased wife.

"It is not that, I simply do not feel the same for him...and I have found someone I have grown rather fond of, I hope this relationship to grow." Thranduil said.

Elrond frowned, he knew of the tendencies elf's had during this time and didn't want Thranduil to be taken advantage of, especially so soon after losing his wife. "I am glad for you, I worry that you will become lonely...while your escort has always been there for you, you need someone else in you life. You deserve to be loved." Elrond said although he was thinking about keeping a rather watchful eye on Thranduil now.

Thranduil frowned. "I am surrounded by love, of my people, my subjects, my children, even you...after all this time you still look after me." Thranduil said with a smile.

"Once I am back in my homeland I will write you, we need to correspond more often I feel terrible that we have lost touch with one another." He said placing a hand on Thranduil's shoulder before walking away.

Thranduil smiled as Elrond walked away, it was good to see him again and it almost felt as if he was lighter and freer. He smiled as he made his way back to his talan.

Elrond looked back at Thranduil, he promised Oropher that he would look after his son, and he would keep him safe and make sure he would be taken care of. Thranduil had become like a son to Elrond over the years they spoke and he still worried about him, Thranduil had always been rather delicate and he loved in a way that was so absolute that he could easily be hurt...Elrond would make sure that this new interest would not hurt Thranduil, and if he already had he would pay for it.
End Notes:
[Saes] - Please
[Lirimaer] - Lovely One
[Maer aur Mellonen] - Good Morning My Friend
[Maer aur] - Good Morning
[Mellonen] - My Friend
Chapter 6 by Nerwen
It was dark once Thranduil made his way back to the talan, it did him well to see Elrond, and even after all this time he was still the same caring and gentle elf he grew to respect and care for. Thranduil decided that he would not lose touch with him again, it was wonderful to see him, and when in need Thranduil had forgotten he could rely on Elrond. True as Thranduil grew he started to need less and less of Elrond's help but nevertheless he couldn't simply forget all that Elrond had done for him. However, now Thranduil felt confident enough to simply be his friend, not some needy child pulling upon his apron strings...but an equal. Corresponding with him now would be different, he wouldn't only contact him when he needed him, he would contact him on a regular basis now just to speak with him...maybe one day Elrond would feel comfortable enough to come to him with his worries and give Thranduil the opportunity to return those years of favors.

When he walked inside his talan Glorfindel greeted him happily, he had assorted fruits and vegetables waiting for him with a bold wine, also some fresh bread.

"I didn't think you'd be gone so long, did you visit your children?" Glorfindel asked as he poured some wine for himself.

"No, I meet an old friend, I haven't seen him in so long and we haven't corresponded recently, so we had much to talk about...I guess I lost track of time." Thranduil noticed the food hadn't been touched. "Have you been waiting for me?" He asked.

"Of course, I enjoy my meals more with company." He smiled.

"You...shouldn't have. I am grateful for your consideration but I feel slightly bad that you would do that, I don't want to delay your normal routine." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel couldn't help but laugh a little at this. "You are so charming sometimes Lirimaer." Glorfindel said hugging Thranduil. "I wanted to wait, and since I met you nothing I do is normal routine...I'm making all this up as I go."

"Yet you seem so confidant in everything you do...you have no plans?" Thranduil asked.

"Not exactly. I have expectations but I don't put too much into them for the simple fact that you now factor into what I do, and you may not have the same ideas. I want us to both enjoy our times together." Glorfindel smiled. "Now, let's eat." Glorfindel said. "Sorry but I didn't bring any meats with me." He said.

"Oh that's quite all right; I'm not too fond of most meats they offer here anyway...this is what I'm more used to honestly." Thranduil said settling on the floor.

"Oh? Why not?" Glorfindel asked.

"Well...I live in Mirkwood, the forest is very dense and thick so there is not much large game to be hunted, small animals and birds make up most of our meat. Our main source of food though it fruits, vegetables, and root plants. Although our terrain can be most difficult at times the soil is very nurturing to plants and they grow wonderfully." He said pouring himself some wine as well. It had a much bolder taste than what he was used to, Mirkwood wine was naturally sweeter and had less of an alcoholic taste to it, but variety was good.

Glorfindel noticed the contemplative look Thranduil made when he tasted the wine. "Do you like it? It's from Imladris, you had wine from Mirkwood already here but I thought a different taste might be good." Glorfindel said. "It's a little bit of home." He said.

"Are you missing Imladris?" Thranduil asked.

"I always miss Imladris, I travel much, therefore my time spent there is limited...but I love it there so much, it holds such beauty." Glorfindel smiled at Thranduil sitting down as well. "And I want to show it to you someday, where I live, my home, I want to share everything I have and all that I am with you." Glorfindel said kissing Thranduil gently.

Thranduil smiled when he was pulled into Glorfindel's embrace but he couldn't help but feel a little sad. He couldn't return to Imladris with Glorfindel he had his own responsibilities he couldn't abandon...It sounded wonderful in his ear although he knew in his heart that he couldn't do such a thing. "I would like that...someday." Thranduil said as he smiled at Glorfindel.




They ate mostly in silence and Thranduil was careful with his wine, he never had a high tolerance to alcohol and was not about to make a fool of himself in front of Glorfindel by having too much. Thranduil changed into more comfortable clothing as it grew later.

"Tell me...is it possible for us to reveal our true selves to each other? Can I tell you my name without consequences?" Thranduil asked the secrecy between them becoming bothersome.

"We're not supposed to do so, but we can under certain circumstances." Glorfindel said.

"What circumstances would those be?" Thranduil asked.

"Many elf mates are made during this time, but surely you don't think that they become mates without knowing who the other truly is. Under those types of situation's it's perfectly fine to do so." Glorfindel said.

"I would like to know more about you though, but there is only so much I can learn without knowing who you truly are...I want to say your name when addressing you, you mean more to me than simply a common phrase." Thranduil placed himself in Glorfindel's lap. "You call me your lovely-one, do you not wish to know my name?" He asked.

"I do..." Glorfindel said placing a hand on Thranduil's cheek gently stroking the smooth flesh with his thumb. "But I worry...you are somewhat of a paradox and I worry that all this...all we have is simply too good to be true, and revealing our true selves will ruin this bliss." Glorfindel pressed his forehead against Thranduil's chest. "Right now I feel ignorance is bliss." He said kissing Thranduil's chest.

"But you care for me do you not?" Thranduil asked making Glorfindel look up at him.

"Very much...you are unlike anyone I have ever met before, so unique and delightfully different from what I thought I liked. I haven't felt like this is so long...haven't allowed myself to feel love for another in fear of getting hurt again." Glorfindel leaned in to kiss Thranduil who pulled away slightly making Glorfindel look at him strangely. "What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"You...you said love...you said it so effortlessly and freely..." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel realized he had said that, he had just said what Thranduil truly meant to him, it wasn't simple attraction or a fleeting fancy, without even realizing it he had fallen for this beautiful elf. He had fallen in love with him. He couldn't help but scoff a little at himself; his subconscious had to tell him what he felt.

"Yes I did, didn't I? I love you." He said with a smile as a moment of absolute clarity hit him; this was the one he wanted to be with all his life, this was the one that he loved above all others. He looked at Thranduil who had an unreadable expression, which made Glorfindel worry slightly. "Was that too much?" Glorfindel asked worried this would turn out exactly like the last person he fell in love with.

"No." Thranduil said seeing Glorfindel's expression knowing exactly what he was thinking. "Oh please, do not misunderstand me, I...I am so happy you feel the same as I do, but I was a little taken aback by it...I didn't expect this." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel held Thranduil's face in his hands. "The same? Exactly the same?" He asked.

Thranduil smiled. "Yes. Exactly... Melon le." Thranduil said as they kissed and fell into a passionate embrace on the talan floor. The heat and the passion emanating from one another only intensifying the feelings they held, what they knew now, whom they loved now, without question or restraint.

"Again..." Glorfindel breathed as he broke away from Thranduil. "Let me hear it again." He said while showering Thranduil with kisses along his neck and shoulder.

"I love you." Thranduil said as Glorfindel dominated his mouth with anew passion and ardor, his hot mouth melting Thranduil making him feel that sensation, the power and the heat he had come to crave. Their mouths locked together, their bodies flush against one another, their embrace strong and resilient, and they would not be torn apart by any force other than their own.

Thranduil was normally yielding to his partner when it was another male, but the last lover he had was his wife and he took the initiative with her so he couldn't help but push back against Glorfindel to gain the upper hand. Simple fight for dominance was always entertaining if nothing else.

"Last I had you in my arms you barely even squirmed..." Glorfindel said snatching Thranduil's wrists.

"What fun would this be if I simply allowed you to conquer me, I remember what you told me when we first met. Did you not want a challenge?" He taunted pressing himself against Glorfindel making the said elf moan softly.

"Challenging you were as well, although it's nice to see you still have some fight left in you." Glorfindel said using his mouth to torture the pale elf in front of him considering his hands were busy keeping Thranduil's at bay. He knew Thranduil had developed quite a love for his kisses.

"Allow me..." Thranduil gasped slightly as Glorfindel's searing mouth left a trail of fire down his throat and along his collarbone. "Let me delight you." He said as Glorfindel stopped to look at Thranduil a moment before nodding.

Glorfindel gasped slightly when Thranduil shifted himself from Glorfindel's arms and began to kiss a trail from his mouth down, when Thranduil moved lower he unlaced Glorfindel's legging with his teeth and began to lavish affection upon his thighs and only graced his tongue across Glorfindel's arousal, this teasing was likely to make Glorfindel go mad and when he was ready to simply tackle the youth and ravish him Thranduil swallowed his member causing him to arch from the floor a scream being lost in his throat.

Glorfindel couldn't help but gaze at Thranduil as he expertly sucked upon his arousal at an agonizingly slow pace. Thranduil's hands were not idle either; they stroked his thighs and gently massaged his scrotum while taking Glorfindel to the back of his throat making the other gasp in pleasure.

Glorfindel enjoying the feeling of being brought to the brink only to be pulled away seconds before falling over the edge. Glorfindel had forgotten that while Thranduil seemed innocent and naive, he was no stranger to love from either males or females...he knew exactly what he was doing.

Thranduil moaned softly at he moved up and down delighted how this hot shaft pulsated in his mouth. He could feel Glorfindel's thighs tighten and relax as strong hands were treaded through his hair that was pulled every so often.

"You are killing me with your mouth! Do you intend to drive me mad?" He gritted out when Thranduil brought him once again back from the edge.

Thranduil drew away from him and smiled. "Would you prefer for this to end quickly? I could finish you quite easily...but when we met you promised to make me scream, would you rather have me make you scream instead?" Thranduil dawdled while gracing his long fingers over Glorfindel's hard member. "Do you not wish me to devour you?"

"That wasn't my question." Glorfindel said gathering all the strength he had to stop Thranduil as he flipped the younger elf on his back and straddled his waist quickly. "In no sense do I want this to end quickly Melethen, but if you insist on my insanity I cannot be held responsible for what I do."

"Do you have that little of restraint?" Thranduil teased as Glorfindel claimed Thranduil's mouth in a bruising kiss crushing Thranduil between him and the floor. Glorfindel's arousal sandwiched between their bodies and pressing against Thranduil's own need. Glorfindel couldn't' help but rock his body against Thranduil causing wonderful friction.

His entire body felt as if it was on fire, the heat emanating from Glorfindel's body was consuming Thranduil making him sweat. The front of Thranduil's tunic was opened and Glorfindel began to ravage Thranduil's nipples making him whimper. He began to twist and tug once again upon the mithril piercing as he mercilessly tortured the other with his mouth. He seemed to delight in the painful pleasure he brought Thranduil to in these games not relenting until both Thranduil's nipples were swollen and red. Glorfindel ran his hand over one slowly making Thranduil whimper slightly both being overly sensitive from the treatment. He had done this the other day as well, Thranduil hated and loved it all at the same time.

Glorfindel kissed Thranduil hungrily as Thranduil pulled him close pushing Glorfindel's tunic up and over his head only breaking the kiss long enough to remove the shirt. Thranduil allowed his hands to wander the expanse of Glorfindel's back, his arms, stomach, chest; he mapped out Glorfindel's body with his hands before he dragged his nails down Glorfindel's back making him moan loudly into Thranduil's mouth.

Glorfindel pulled away for a short moment to look at Thranduil as he removed the elf's tunic quickly. His nipples were swollen and red much like his lips that were still moist, he looked almost exotic with his pale complexion and golden hair...by the valar he was beautiful even in such a sultry light. Thranduil's body was of smaller build but there no doubt in Glorfindel's mind that he was strong, he could see the lengths of muscles that strained and flexed when he battled for dominance although Glorfindel wanted to conquer him, he wouldn't mind so much if it was the other way around.

He removed Thranduil's legging slowly wanting to take his time with this. Not to mention although Thranduil had been with another it must have been some time since he was with another male, he needed to take the beginning slowly so not to hurt him.

"Meleth...if I am going to fast, you need but say the word, and I will stop." Glorfindel said before going any further with him.

Thranduil smiled at the consideration and sincerity in Glorfindel's voice. "I know you want to be one with me." Thranduil smiled and kissed him gently. "So please...take me, I do not want you holding back though in concern, I want all of you in full force." Thranduil kissed him more aggressively this time.

Glorfindel smiled at Thranduil. "Who am I to deny what my lover wants?" Glorfindel said as he pushed Thranduil's legs apart settling between them his length gently grazing the cleft of Thranduil's buttocks. They honestly had no oil or salve hidden away for this occasion but Glorfindel knew well enough to use what was available.

He couldn't help but tease Thranduil slightly though, as punishment for nursing his arousal so horribly. He growled playfully in Thranduil's ear making the said elf shiver slightly as he pressed forward his length just at Thranduil's entrance before he pulled away making Thranduil whimper in anticipation and want...but that was just it Glorfindel didn't want Thranduil to simply want it, he wanted Thranduil to need it, desire it so much he felt he would die without it...he wanted Thranduil to tell him what to do, ask for it.

"I know you want this Lirimaer..." Glorfindel said while he gently pressed one finger inside Thranduil's body making him gasp slightly. "Tell me how much you want this..." He breathed into Thranduil's ear.

"This is a rather cruel game you are playing upon me..." Thranduil gasped when Glorfindel's finger pushed further inside him and stroked the walls of his body slowly.

"Well...I would rather prepare you anyway, least I want to hurt you...if I intended to cause you pain I know of much more pleasurable ways of doing it." Glorfindel gently nipped at Thranduil's overly sensitive nipples. "Now..." He said slipping another slick digit inside Thranduil and gently pressing down upon the bundle of nerves that made Thranduil see stars. "I will continue to torture you and not give you any more unless you speak, how am I to know what you want if you do not tell me?" Glorfindel said feigning ignorance making Thranduil whimper slightly.

The situation was humiliating enough as it was already, making him voice his desires would only embarrass him more. "Do you delight in embarrassing me?" Thranduil asked.

"I delight in hearing your voice...come now, appease me." He kissed Thranduil on his neck gently humming and driving Thranduil crazy with his hands, which were not idle, but not giving him enough of what he so craved.

Thranduil swallowed his pride it wasn't important anymore, Glorfindel obviously would be able to hold out longer than he was...he should have tortured him more than he had earlier for this. "Touch me then..." Thranduil said softly trailing off slightly.

Glorfindel smiled "Where." He whispered softly in Thranduil's ear. "Here perhaps?" Glorfindel said twisting Thranduil's nipples making him shudder.

"N-no...lower, back inside me." Thranduil said a blush spreading across his chest and face.

Glorfindel smiled doing as Thranduil asked shoving three of his fingers at once inside Thranduil's overly excited body making him arch and cry out from the sudden intrusion although it wasn't really painful. From experience Thranduil knew it always started out a little painful no matter how much you perform the act, it always hurts a little but that was part of it...but once you become used to the feeling it was wonderful.

Glorfindel gently brushed against that bundle of nerves deep within Thranduil, taking pleasure in the many sounds that poured from Thranduil's lips, the way his limber body would twist and move to gain more stimulation.

"Come now, speak to me, tell me what it feels like..." He whispered gently into Thranduil's ear.

Thranduil had moved beyond the initial embarrassment by now, it no longer mattered enough to where he cared. "F-filled...and hot...AHH!" Thranduil cried out when Glorfindel once again hit his prostate.

Glorfindel smiled feeling Thranduil's body shudder under his own from stimulation. He snaked out of his own leggings as he kissed Thranduil pushing his fingers further inside his lover making him whine into their kiss. His delicate hands running down his back wrapping around him and bringing their bodies closer.

"Tell me you love me..." He said lifting Thranduil's chin and looking into the blue eyes of his Lirimaer.

"I love you...make love to me now." Thranduil said kissing him gently on the mouth.

The kiss and movement was gentle, while Glorfindel knew Thranduil was experienced he also knew that it had been some time since he had last been with another male. The last thing he wanted to do was rush, there was no need to take this quickly and even though Thranduil didn't mind being handled roughly the beginning of penetrating his lover needed to be taken slowly.

He handled the situation with care, going slowly allowing Thranduil to stop him if need be. Thranduil knew well enough to relax himself but honestly that only helped so much and he was forced to stop Glorfindel once or twice. Nevertheless, Glorfindel soon found himself fully inside his new lover and the feeling was so intense he gasped slightly.

Thranduil was concentrating on his breathing at the moment but he could feel the strain in Glorfindel's muscles through his arms and back. Once He was used to the feeling he allowed himself a contented sigh. He gently brushed Glorfindel's cheek who looked at him with a soft smile.

"I'm fine...move, you are being much more torturous by staying still." He whispered softly.

Glorfindel complied starting out in slow shallow thrusts, pulling out farther as time progressed and pleased whimpers poured from Thranduil's lips. His strokes became long and more powerful soon his hot breath scorching Thranduil's neck as he pushed himself forward with heavy breaths.

Thranduil angled his body to gain more stimulation before he wanted a change bringing his legs up locking them around Glorfindel's waist preventing him from moving. He shot a somewhat angry look at Thranduil for this but Thranduil only smiled as he pulled away from Glorfindel momentarily.

"I am not fond of lying on my back, I prefer variety..." Thranduil said standing on his knees and Glorfindel did the same.

"Then how would you like to be taken?" Glorfindel asked but didn't wait for a reply as he grabbed Thranduil by the thick of his arms turning him around and pulling him into his lap, penetrating him hard and fast making the said elf moan in approval.

"Yes, this is absolutely exquisite!" He cried as he was brought up and down upon Glorfindel's length in swift upward motions, Thranduil himself eager to help and move easily enough on his own without Glorfindel's guiding hands on his hips.

Glorfindel's hands moved between his legs gently massaging his thighs and teasing his length with brushing touches. Glorfindel smiled kissing Thranduil's shoulders and neck as he hooked one of his arms around Thranduil's so that he would not be able to touch himself.

"S-Saes...I, I need...release me!" Thranduil yelled angrily.

The feather light touches were torture to Thranduil as he strained against Glorfindel but it was unlikely he would break his hold. Thranduil slowed his movements making Glorfindel growl slightly in his ear.

"What is it you need Melethen? Perhaps you should ask nicely?" Glorfindel teased.

"Please...touch me." Thranduil said a little breathlessly from his exertion.

Glorfindel smiled. "Move faster and I shall consider it." He said moaning as Thranduil complied with his request.

"Hêndir vaer..." Glorfindel said trailing off slightly.

Glorfindel raised his hips meeting Thranduil with every downward motion as he ran his free hand over Thranduil's peaked nipples teasing them softly until he moved lower to Thranduil's weeping erection and gently stroking him.

Without warning Glorfindel pushed Thranduil forward having him on his hands and knees as he continued thrusting into Thranduil's body taking hold of his erection as he continued to stroke him. His powerful body slamming into Thranduil's making them both cry out from the sheer force, but loving it all the same.

Glorfindel stopped but only momentarily as he stood pulling Thranduil up as well on shaky legs, picking him up with barely a moment's hesitation regardless of Thranduil's startled shout at the action. Thranduil did not hold back a scream when he was practically impaled and them slammed against the wall. Glorfindel using the wall for leverage to further skewer Thranduil upon himself making the said elf cry out freely.

"Ai Elbereth!" Thranduil screamed latching his legs around Glorfindel's waist, tight enough not to fall but loose enough to allow a liberal amount of movement.

Glorfindel grimaced slightly feeling Thranduil's nails dig into his back feeling them practically tear into his skin. The slight pain only made Glorfindel slam harder and harder into Thranduil who cried for more with anew urgency.

It escalated into rougher movements, as their cries of passion were unrestricted without a care or worry, in their own world where only the other mattered and that was all that mattered. Their pleasure and curiosity being fulfilled one moment at a time. Until their cries of release spilled from their bodies and they laid exhausted on the floor of their talan in breathless bliss.

Thranduil's closed his eyes momentarily loving the feel of Glorfindel's weight on top of him, wishing he could stay like this forever but his body needed a moment of release from the intense heat as he shifted slightly under his lover.

"Melethen? Are you all right?" Glorfindel asked, slowly and gently pulling free of Thranduil who gasped at the motion.

"Non mae." He said pushing himself up on his forearms giving Glorfindel a soft smile. "I would like to move to our bed though, the floor is hardly comfortable." Thranduil said his legs feeling unsteady as he stood with more effort than he should need to take.

Glorfindel smiled going to Thranduil and pulling him close as he lifted Thranduil taking them both to the bed. They settled into the covers Glorfindel running a hand idly through Thranduil's hair.

"Are you not tired?" Thranduil asked.

"Exhausted...yet you are remarkably beautiful when you sleep." Glorfindel said kissing Thranduil's forehead and a soft one upon his lips. "Posto mae." He said as Thranduil simply closed his eyes and drifted off, Glorfindel soon following.
End Notes:
[Melon le] - I love you
[Melethen] - My love
[Meleth] - Loved One
[Lirimaer] - lovely one
[Saes] - Please
[Hêndir vaer] - Good boy (lit. male child good)
Ai Elbereth
[Non mae] - I am well
[Posto mae] - Sleep well
Chapter 7 by Nerwen
When Thranduil woke up he was still wrapped in Glorfindel's arms, who was actually already awake, Thranduil smiled pulling away from him to sit up. His body was a bit stiff but he couldn't think of a better way to wake up regardless of the stiff muscles.

"You close your eyes when you sleep." Glorfindel commented softly sitting up as well. "I didn't notice that before..." He gently kissed Thranduil's temple.

Thranduil smiled at him. "I always have, ever since I was little...for the longest time my father thought something was wrong with me." Thranduil said shaking his head. "Strange that my sleeping mannerism would be the first thing you say to me in the morning."

Glorfindel laughed a little. "Fixation on the simple's things about a person shows attraction..." Glorfindel smiled. "What did you expect?" Glorfindel said.

Before Thranduil could respond Glorfindel practically swept Thranduil into his arms and kissed him passionately, making the other soften and allow himself to be enveloped by the emotion seeping from the other's actions. Glorfindel pulled away smiling at him.

"I love you." He said with a tender tone. "Is that what you expected to hear instead?" He asked a mischievous grin on his features.

Thranduil just shook his head. "I don't expect anything, I have woken up next to you today and it's been so long since I've been this happy...that's all I ever wanted, was to feel this way once more." Thranduil said smiling brightly at his newfound lover.




Terrance awoke as the sun through the drapes illuminated the bedroom. The first few nights he had been sleeping outside, but that pretty dark elf actually was bold enough to invite him to stay with him at his talan. This talan was made for one so he opted for the chair...even though that nice elf tried to convince him to take the bed he wouldn't feel right doing so.

Terrance sat up and walked onto the balcony, it was a beautiful morning...and honestly he felt better than he had a few days before, although he was beginning to miss Thranduil...even if Thranduil never loved him like he once did Terrance was not about to lose him forever. He had vowed to look after and protect Thranduil and his family; it wouldn't be honorable if he simply abandoned them for selfish and foolish reasons.

"Good Morning." Erestor said walking onto the balcony with Terrance. "I wish you had taken the bed...I didn't want you o feel unwelcome." He said.

"You have been nothing but kind to me, and I am very grateful for you invitation to stay the night but taking your bed was a bit much on my part...I'd rather tread softly rather than over step my bounds." Terrance said with a smile.

"So...shall we have breakfast together?" Erestor said with a smile.

"Actually...I wanted to meet with someone today and I need a private moment with him if you don't mind. He's the one you saw me with so often...my Taurelasse." Terrance said.

"...Taurelasse...please I was wondering..." Erestor stopped looking at Terrance.

Terranc shook his head. "He's not my lover, he's my best friend, we had a fight...sort of...I want to remedy this situation while I still can and apologize to him..." Terrance stopped and looked back at Erestor. "It's complicated and...I'll explain later but I need to go now for he is an early riser." Terrance said descending to the floor from the talan.

Erestor frowned; he used such an interesting name to describe his friend...not to mention he knew that his friend rose early...he seemed to know so much about this person. They had to be very close to have known the others bed mannerism. It bothered Erestor although he knew it shouldn't. This elf was honest and would not deceive him, quite unlike another that he couldn't allow himself to love for fear of being hurt. Erestor sighed heavily; this elf reminded him much of the other he couldn't bring himself to trust with his heart.

"Glorfindel." Erestor whispered softly to no one. He had loved that elf, but Glorfindel tended to be fickle with his partners and although he proclaimed his love for him, Erestor couldn't bring himself to trust him so he told Glorfindel he didn't feel the same...that was a lie...Erestor wanted to be with him...but now it was past repairable.




Terrance got closer to the outskirts and slowly made his way toward the talan, he wasn't sure what he would say to Thranduil once he saw him again, he would apologize for being foolish and for leaving him so abruptly, but he needed time to think...a voice broke his thoughts.

"Terrance." Thranduil said from behind him, no one was near so Thranduil thought it to be okay speaking his name.

Terrance turned giving his lord a smile. "You are quick to forget the rules here... Taurelasse." He said softly. Thranduil didn't seem surprised to see him but he didn't seem unhappy about his presence either. "Are you angry with me?" Terrance asked.

"No...I'm glad you came back finally, I was beginning to worry about you honestly." Thranduil took a step closer not seeing Terrance move away so he closed the distance with a brief hug. "You shouldn't have left like that...we should have talked."

"I needed time alone, it wasn't going to hear what I wanted from you...and I didn't want to upset you further so it was best that I left." Terrance said.

"Can...we move past this now then? Do you forgive me?" Thranduil asked.

"There is nothing to forgive, I just needed some time apart is all..." He placed a gentle hand on Thranduil's cheek. "I m content to be by your side, if you will still have me."

"Of course, although I do not believe I am need of an escort here anymore." Thranduil said and Terrance nodded in understanding, he figured Thranduil's friend had taken his place as escort...probably more than escort but that didn't sting Terrance as badly, it still hurt of course, but he was still happy for Thranduil.

"I honestly didn't mean to worry you...." Terrance said.

"It's all right, I believe you were right in leaving, it gave us both some time to think...but where have you been staying? Not outside I pray." Thranduil said.

"The first night yes, but that was by choice I wanted to stargaze and I fell asleep. The last few nights I have been staying in a talan with another...I don't know his name of course but we have had many pleasant talks and such with one another, I'm sure he is an Elder but he acts more childish than you at times." Terrance said with a smile.

"Honestly, can you not stand with me ten minutes without making a joke at my expense?" Thranduil said giving him a playful shove.

The two continued their walk talking and laughing among one another as they walked. They cleared the air easily; their friendship becoming as it was without anymore harbored feelings, Thranduil allowing Terrance to pour out all the emotion he kept bottled up for so long and such a burden had been lifted from Terrance's shoulders.

Thranduil couldn't help but feel slightly responsible for Terrance's inner turmoil but talking did ease his guilt somewhat. It was nice being so close to him again; Terrance was his best friend and always would be. As they walked they came upon Erestor, Terrance was hoping to introduce the two of them. Terrance could easily tell that although he and Erestor were not in a relationship there was an attraction between them, and regardless of intention Erestor did seem to be slightly threatened by Thranduil.

"Ah, Mellonen...I'm glad we came upon you, this is my Taurelasse..." He said motioning to Thranduil. "This is the elf that I have been staying with while we were apart." Terrance said to Thranduil.

"A pleasure." Thranduil said with a slight nod to his head.

"...The same." Erestor said, he was slightly troubled upon getting a closer look at this beautiful elf...and he was striking, Erestor wasn't sure he could compete with this one, at least not easily. "He speaks of you often, and quite splendidly I might add."

Thranduil scoffed. "He has a big mouth." Thranduil said earning a glare from Terrance.

"He said I spoke well of you." Terrance said.

"Ah, empty flattery will get you no where, besides you obviously didn't tell him any good stories about our childhood together...how about..." Thranduil said taking a step closer to Erestor. "The first time we ventured out from Mirkwod together, heading to Lothlorien, although your navigational skills proved awful at best and we became lost having to stop in a village of Men...do you remember the Inn you happened to choose too rest in that night?" Thranduil said.

Terrance eyes widened. "I would never have done such a thing intentionally! How could I have known what type of establishment that was! It was raining and we needed appropriate shelter and...I admit direction." Terrance said.

"Oh yes and a brothel is so very appropriate!" Thranduil said smiling making Erestor laugh as well. "Lets see now, what else can I embarrass you about...the incident involving the stable attendants afternoon swim perhaps?" Thranduil said.

"If you say another word I will reveal your little incident with that dreaded pet falcon bringing you that wonderful gift, if you recall..." Terrance said.

Thranduil held his hands up in defeat, "I'll save myself some embarrassment and stop now." Thranduil gave a warm smile to Erestor.

Erestor couldn't help but smile back, this elf was not so bad and it was relieving to find that Terrance and Thranduil had a deep relationship but they were more like brothers and just as Terrance had said friends...they were defiantly not lovers, that was easy to tell by how they poked fun at one another.




After an hour or so Glorfindel decided to go in search of Thranduil, he wanted to simply stay in bed with him all day but Thranduil seemed like someone who was a slave to routine and every morning he went for a walk.

Glorfindel dressed quickly and began to walk the trail that Thranduil usually took and was happy to see him Lirimaer not to far in the distance and his escort, Thranduil's friend. He sneaked up on the pair. He walked up behind Thranduil wrapping his arms around him surprising him slightly.

"I'm glad the two of you made up." Glorfindel said kissing Thranduil on the cheek affectionately. "You had him quite worried for a while there."

"He can consider it payback for the years I've lost off my life worrying about him." Terrance said with a grin. "I'm glad to see you are well..." Terrance stopped noticing the look Erestor and Glorfindel were giving one another.

Glorfindel released Thranduil slowly. "It's good to see you, are you enjoying the ceremony thus far." He asked Erestor.

Thranduil looked at Terrance curiously the tension between Glorfindel and Erestor was exceptionally apparent. It wasn't just an uneasy silence either, they seemed angry at one another...they obviously knew one another but they seemed less that friendly with one another.

"I am..." Erestor stole a glance at Thranduil. "Up to your normal activities?" He asked obviously implying he was simply playing with Thranduil, it wasn't unheard of but Glorfindel felt very different about Thranduil.

"Now wait a minute...!" Glorfindel began but Erestor cut him off.

"I'd save yourself some heartache Taurelasse and leave him before he has a chance to leave you." Erestor practically spat.

Thranduil frowned, he wasn't an idiot he did suspect Glorfindel of such things, but he knew this elf had changed, Glorfindel would not abandon him...but apparently he had done so to others, however he had changed he was no longer like that.

"And what would you know about it?" Glorfindel shot back. "If I recall correctly you were the one to reject me, not the other way around." He said.

"You didn't waste much time finding comfort in another, and another, you think I could be with someone who was so fickle with his lovers? I wasn't about to lay my heart on the line with you." Erestor said.

"And you didn't! You practically called me a whore and sent me on my way! You didn't even listen to me when I told you I would give it all up for you, if I had known how much you loathed me I wouldn't have even tried...and saved MYSELF from heartache that YOU caused!" Glorfindel yelled. "I would never hurt him." Glorfindel said pointing at Thranduil. "He returns my love, something you could never do." Glorfindel said walking away.

Thranduil gave Terrance's hand a squeeze before going after Glorfindel.

Terrance looked at Erestor. "Mellonen?" He asked seeming to shake Erestor from his daze since Glorfindel's words. Terrance approached him slowly placing a gentle hand on his shoulder and came to the realization that Erestor was crying. "Oh..." Terrance said embracing the dark elf.

Erestor stiffened at first before he allowed himself to weep freely on the other's shoulder. "L-Lathynth." Erestor apologized through his tears.

"Shhhh...no reason to apologize to me Mellonen, it's all right." He said comforting Erestor the best he could with him limited knowledge on what just transpired, he looked to where Glorfindel and Thranduil left hoping maybe Thranduil understood the situation a little better than himself.




"Glorfindel wait!" Thranduil called but his lover didn't stop he just continued his fast pace until he reached the talan, he stopped but didn't enter. Thranduil caught up to him, he could easily tell that Glorfindel was still angry but Thranduil wasn't so sure as to why, he decided to try and talk to him.

"Was that the one you told about me earlier, the one you loved but he didn't return your feelings?" Thranduil asked.

"When he rejected me it was more than a simple 'I do not feel the same' rejection, he felt it right to throw insults and trample my feelings as if I wasn't worth the flesh I'm printed on." Glorfindel grit out, "I would have done anything to be with him and yet he simply hated me for it...and I've found myself returning that same hate."

Thranduil walked closer to him taking his hand in his own. "I'm sorry you were hurt so terribly by someone you love...loved?" Thranduil asked.

"I love you, and that will not change...considering my meeting with him was less than civil." Glorfindel said.

"I do not doubt your love for me Melethen, that's not what I was asking...I was wondering if you still love him at all, as I still love my friend, as I still love my children, where does your heart stand in regards to him?" Thranduil asked.

Glorfindel turned away form Thranduil. "I don't know...we, we practically live together, and we are constantly in the close vicinity of one another for we work together as well. Nevertheless he seems to avoid me at all costs, if I could talk to him without him throwing insults at me maybe...I would but that hasn't happened in years." Glorfindel said.

"You seemed to throw a few insults yourself...I can understand his feeling of betrayal though if you wasted no time in replacing him after he rejected you though." Thranduil said.

"I was heart-broken...I wanted comfort and I've never had trouble finding someone and considering he trampled my heart so carelessly I didn't think he would care weather I was with another or not." Glorfindel sighed. "I did love him, very much...but he hurt me far to much, I could never love him now anyway, I love you and I will not allow anything to come between us, listen not to what he said I would never hurt you like that."

"I know you wouldn't...you say you could never love him again, how about forgive him then? Also apologize yourself considering you didn't know your actions would hurt him so terribly. You said you are constantly in the close proximity of one another, it would be best if you could forgive and forget...be friends as I'm sure you would want." Thranduil said.

"Maybe...but not now, not after what I just said to him. I'll give him some time and try approaching him again later. Our meeting was by chance and it caught me off guard." Glorfindel admitted.

Thranduil gave Glorfindel a slight squeeze and a soft smile. "I'm sure you two can let bygones be bygones...and if not that at least reach some type of truce with him." Thranduil said letting him go. "I was surprised to find my escort with him though, for he has always been somewhat reserved and reclusive from others."

"Like you." Glorfindel said.

"Not really, I don't have much of a social life but my work demands my attention and monopolizes my time...it's not the same with him, he never had a family so he grew up not really knowing how to speak to other people. Also after he was burned so badly, others avoided him even more as he avoided them, so it made matters worse almost isolating him completely from the outside world and others, I was the only one who never cared about his scars or his mannerism." Thranduil said.

"You knew him though before he was scarred right? You can see past them I'm sure." Glorfindel said.

"No, I see them, he wants me to as well...he obtained them helping me, practically saving me, they do not lessen his beauty to me they only magnify it by his pure unwavering devotion to me he is the greatest best friend I have ever had." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel smiled. "You are obviously devoted to him as well." Glorfindel frowned after a moment though he wanted to know more about Thranduil and his escort he wanted to know everything about his new lover. "Tell me, how is it he got those scars...I know he was burnt, but how is it he was burnt so badly his scars did not fade, does he not heal properly?" Glorfindel asked, scars among elf's were rare for they healed so rapidly and well.

"He was burnt...but more than once, he came by them by being tortured, for information he didn't have. Once they realized how fast we healed they simply would burn him over and over again...until his body simply couldn't heal itself anymore, that's why." Thranduil said still feeling guilty about them.

Glorfindel frowned, it explained the scars but why would he be being tortured and by who? Who would do such a thing and for what information? What information could be so valuable that someone would do such a terrible thing? "Who?" Glorfindel asked.

"A band of orcs, caught both of us off guard and too far from home...we were taken prisoner and I believe they were to interrogate us but we both proved tight lipped upon anything they asked us...that's why they tortured us." Thranduil said.

"They tortured you as well?" Glorfindel asked concerned.

"Not nearly as badly as Terrance was..." Thranduil frowned realizing he mentioned the other's name.

Glorfindel gave a slight smile. "His name is Terrance then." Glorfindel said. He noticed the slightly worried look Thranduil wore. "Don't worry it's fine I know his name, I won't say a word...it's an interesting name, it suits him." Glorfindel said.

"I forgot myself, his name easily escapes my mouth I'm so used to being around him and I'm still new the ceremony." Thranduil said shaking his head.

"How about this then, Erestor, that is the other's name that has given me so much grief over the years...we live in Imladris together." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil returned the smile feeling better, but the name Erestor rang a bell in his head...he knew that name. He frowned after a moment as he thought trying to remember where he heard it before, then it suddenly hit him, Erestor was a close friend a personal advisor to Lord Elrond, and Glorfindel said that the two of them lived together.

"Do you dwell in the house of Elrond then...like Erestor?" Thranduil suddenly asked as his brain went into overdrive trying to remember all he knew about the last homely house and it occupants.

"Well...yes..." Glorfindel said slightly surprised Thranduil knew that. "How did you know about the residents in Elrond's home?" Glorfindel asked.

The pieces fell into place and Thranduil gave a soft gasp. "By the Valar...your Glorfindel aren't you? Lord of the House of the Golden Flower, Captain of Gondolin, you returned from the Halls of Mandos...Seneschal to Elrond...oh by the Valar you dedicated your life to him! you are bound to him for the rest of your days!" Thranduil said shaking his head in denial that the love he found was bound to an elvin king of a foreign realm.

Glorfindel shook his head in confusion at first, how did he know all this? "Yes I am..." he trailed off seeing Thranduil's pained expression with the realization of who he was. "Is this such a problem? Most find my position honorable." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil shook his head. "It is an honorable position, I respect you and your title, but my residence is Mirkwood...I cannot leave my home and you cannot leave yours, you are dedicated to Elrond." Thranduil said.

"Why can you not leave? I realize I am asking a lot of you so soon but I am sure Lord Elrond would welcome you and your children into his home, I don't want you to disappear from my life after the ceremony, can you not stay at my side?" Glorfindel asked.

"I can't leave Mirkwood." Thranduil said.

"Why?" Glorfindel asked his heart wrenching in his chest.

"Because my name is Thranduil Oropherion, King of Mirkwood...I am bound to Mirkwood as you are bound to Imladris." Thranduil said his eyes stung from unshed tears as he turned his face away from Glorfindel, it hurt to see the pain he was feeling reflected in Glorfindel's eyes.

"Your King Thranduil...no, this cannot be right, the world in not so cruel to let me find you only to lose you again I am not so powerless as to not change this...I won't allow you to disappear from my life, regardless of who you are and who I am it doesn't matter!" Glorfindel declared.

"I am glad that you would say that but what is there we can do? The only way you can leave your post is if Elrond releases you and the only way I can leave mine is for one of my children to take my place...they are all far to young to assume the throne as of yet." Thranduil said.

"You assumed the throne rather early as I recall..." Glorfindel said, he knew the stories about how Thranduil father had died and ruler ship was suddenly bestowed upon him, he became King at an age considered ridiculous to rule but he proved most capable...Glorfindel's mind was still reeling from the fact that this shy and timid elf, this beautiful and graceful creature that he had fallen in love with was the King of Mirkwood...it literally boggled his mind.

"That was different my father was dead, I would never wish that type of pressure and burden upon one of my children." Thranduil said.

"Oh, no I wasn't making a suggestion it was merely a statement...thinking out loud about what I know about you...what I've read about you...I can request to be released." Glorfindel said his mind was moving so fast he was turning o a dime.

Thranduil looked at him shocked. "You've worked your entire life for that title; you would give it up so easily?" Thranduil asked. "I've read about you too."

"For you? I would happily see the Halls of Mandos once more if it meant I could be with you...I will not leave your side while there is still breath in my body, and even then I'm sure I could arrange something." Glorfindel said with a wink as he wrapped Thranduil in his arms. "I promise you all will be well Lirimaer, do not worry." Glorfindel said.
End Notes:
Taurelasse - Forest Leaf
Lirimaer - Lovely One
Lathynth - Sorry
Chapter 8 by Nerwen
Terrance gave a soft sigh, Erestor had refused to speak to him and eventually had emotionally exhausted himself...he didn't expect Erestor to bare his soul to him, although he was pleased that Erestor had taken comfort in his arms, they knew very little about one another but it was somewhat comforting to Terrance that Erestor was able to trust him enough to at least accept his sympathy. Erestor had fallen asleep in his lap and Terrance was content in stroking his hair comfortingly, which had actually seemed to calm the elf in his arms somewhat and allow him to sleep.

Terrance wished he knew more of the situation between the elf in his arms, and the one that Thranduil had developed such a relationship with. Terrance had to admit that although Glorfindel seemed to be only interested in Thranduil's body at first, he had changed over time and Terrance trusted him enough to treat his Taurelasse with care. However, what had he done to this one? He had only wished for Thranduil's happiness, that was all he ever really wanted for Thranduil...it being all he ever could wish...for it was his duty to protect him, even from loneliness, even if that meant that he had to step aside.

Terrance looked at the sleeping elf in his lap, he reminded Terrance of Thranduil somewhat, not in appearance mind you, the two were polar opposites of one another in that aspect...but their demeanor was alike somewhat, quite and somewhat reserved although they were so vibrant at the same time, they both shown with such a brilliant light none could ignore it. But their sadness was never slight or minute, it would seem that their tears could drench a desert with no hope of relief...he prayed he could ease this pain if not heal it, he would do all he could to help this elf, it was after all Erestor in his lap and not Thranduil.




Although Terrance would have held Erestor the rest of the day and night, if need be, the dark elf stirred awake after a few hours. It took Erestor a moment to fully wake but he soon remembered everything that happened and felt as if he would cry again. He knew he had no right to hate Glorfindel but he couldn't seem to stop himself from doing so anyway. Although Glorfindel's words cut into him like a knife...Glorfindel was right, if Erestor had merely trusted Glorfindel given him a chance everything between them would be different, but there was no hope for that now.

"Are we feeling better then?" Terrance's voice broke Erestor from his thoughts and he stared into the concerned face of his new found friend. Terrance had stayed with him all this time? Even when he fell asleep he stayed by his side?

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have cried like I did...I really have no right to feel these things, it all happened so long ago and yet it still hurts so much, I'm sure it must be confusing to you..." Erestor said lowering his head.

Terrance gave a soft smile to him. "I understand better than you think, I love my Teralusse more than you can possibly know...but he thinks of me as a friend and only a friend...we are not meant to be more than that." Terrance paused. "Even though I thought those feelings to be long since dead...seeing him with the other...it hurt, it hurt so much that I couldn't even stand to be near him, I understand your position, he hurt you but that is not cause to strike at him." Terrance paused. "I would never hurt my Teralusse, even if it would make me feel better." Terrance said.

"I don't know why I act the way I do...I don't want to hurt him but I can't seem to stop myself, he makes me so angry and I'm not even sure why." Erestor said. "And seeing him with another, which hurts me more than anything else because I could never trust him enough to take that step...your friend has something now that I can never have, but if I had trusted him...it would have been possible." Erestor said.

"Do you really want him that badly?" Terrance asked "Is having him that important to you?"

Erestor looked at Terrance a strange expression on his face. "...no...isn't that the dumbest thing? I don't want him to be my lover, but for some reason I'm still angry that he is not...I'm not mad at your friend I'm angry at myself I think." He said.

Terrance looked into those black eyes of his new found companion, he was so complicated yet he had a certain simplicity to himself as well. "You don't trust people easily I take it." Terrance said looking at Erestor. "You will only trust another if they earn it, and he never did quite earned that trust am I right?" he asked already knowing the answer. "Evaluate this situation, you had no reason to trust him, he had never given you one for that matter, but it was you who refused to take a leap of faith and see if you landed on your feet or not." Terrance paused. "I took a great risk in telling Teralusse that I still loved him, and it did not turn out as I had hoped but I am still glad I tried, instead of harboring a feeling that would no doubt eat me up on the inside." Terrance frowned. "Did you love him? Did he ever know that you loved him even...if I was him I would think that you never felt anything but hate, even more so with your mannerism." Terrance said.

"That's not it though, I don't hate him at all...and a part of me probably loves him." Erestor said.

"Does he know this?" Terrance asked. "If he doesn't it might do you well to tell him this, not to win his heart, but possibly his friendship, that's a good start for any type of relationship." Terrance said.




When Thranduil awoke the next morning he was wrapped in Glorfindel's arms, the two stayed up late with one another simply enjoying one another's company but Thranduil had always been one to wake with the sun, it was from years of routine and being the King of Mirkwood he had become used to staying up late into the night and waking early in the morning his body was accustomed to this. He thought that Glorfindel, being a warrior, would be the same but he seemed more likely to sleep in. Thranduil smiled and kissed Glorfindel's temple softly before slipping from his arms and getting dressed. He wanted to seek out Elrond, he was not seeking him out to ask for Glorfindel's release, in all honesty Thranduil didn't wish for that, Glorfindel had worked all his life for that position and it was not so easily given up, it was a large sacrifice and while it made Thranduil happy that Glorfindel would make such a sacrifice it was simply too much and he couldn't accept that with grace. He knew how important Elrond's family was to Glorfindel, they were like his own he had watched over Elrond and his family for so long he was a part of it and Thranduil would never sacrifice his own family so he would not ask Glorfindel to do the same...no matter how much he loved Glorfindel.

Thranduil made his way down his talan ladder and began to walk along the outskirts of the forest. He remembered that Elrond mentioned being somewhat reclusive during the ceremony, he kept to himself and silent meditation; it was a large forest so Thranduil didn't expect to stumble across him so he simply enjoyed the quite forest listening intently to the sounds of the forest as it slowly woke up to a new day.

Surprisingly enough though he did see Elrond, he was bathing in one of the springs that littered the forest as he approached it slowly, he didn't want to disturb Elrond and make him feel uncomfortable with his presences.

"My Lord?" Thranduil said bringing his presence to attention so not to startle Elrond.

Elrond smiled at seeing Thranduil. "I haven't seen you since we last spoke." He said "Please join me." He said. "I've been meaning to seek you out again I wanted to speak with you." Elrond said. "Unless this setting makes you uncomfortable." Elrond said. He knew Thranduil was somewhat shy, specifically concerning his outward appearance, although he had no reason to be.

"Not at all." Thranduil said as he removed his robe and folded his clothes neatly a bit away from the spring, he didn't bring an extra set of clothes with him so he would be reusing them. He noticed Elrond staring at him as he slipped into the water but wasn't sure what the look meant. "What?" He asked innocently.

Elrond just shook his head with a slight smile "Nothing it's just...you've changed, even though you were not a child during the alliance it's almost as if I'm seeing you fully grown for the first time. You seem more confident so very sure of yourself than you ever have before." Elrond said.

"Looks can be deceiving; I feel as if I'm still fumbling through life without any type of direction or thought as to where I am going...although that doesn't scare me like it used to, I look forward to each day I have been blessed with...and here I can begin every day without worry or fear, I hope I can return home with the same mind set." Thranduil said noticing the same look Elrond had given him earlier upon his face.

Elrond felt slightly guilty for so obviously staring at Thranduil, Thranduil was like a son to him yet he couldn't help but admire that sculpted body bared to him. It shouldn't have but it made him tremble and crave to touch him, but that was a barrier he wouldn't cross. It was foolish to even entertain the possibility for they were both Kings of separate realms and the entire situation screamed scandal in Elrond's mind. He could easily admire him from a distance without any harm. Not to mention Thranduil had placed a great deal of trust and protective pressure on Elrond, even if it was unintentional Elrond still felt somewhat responsible for Thranduil's well being...even if Thranduil no longer needed Elrond to act like a substitute for his father, it was Elrond wasn't ready to let go just yet. Thranduil had matured so much over the years it was just like watching his own children grow and mature.

"You have changed though, you are far more mature and wise than you were...I'm glad you have taken control of your life and responsibilities, I'm proud of you." Elrond said.

Thranduil smiled. "I couldn't have changed that much." Thranduil said tilting his head to the side as he stared back into Elrond's eyes for a moment. "Like you said I wasn't a child then, and I do appreciate everything you've done for me, your guidance proved invaluable...although it's different now isn't it? It's not that I don't appreciate your words of wisdom, but I think I no longer am in need of them." He said.

Elrond moved a bit closer to Thranduil. "Maybe sometime I can come to you for advice." He said with a smile.

Thranduil smiled. "I'd like that sometime." He paused. "Now, you said you were going to seek me out I was curious as to why." He said.

"Ah, last we spoke you mentioned a friend, possibly more, I wanted to know how that was going for you." He asked intently curious about any propositions Thranduil may have been offered.

"Yes...more than a friend we've grown considerably closer since you and I last spoke." Thranduil said.

Elrond smiled. "That's wonderful for you, have you revealed yourself to one another?" Elrond said he knew Thranduil would not have mentioned this to him unless he was serious about the other.

"Well honestly that's part of our problem, we want to stay together but with me being King of Mirkwood it will prove difficult..." Thranduil paused for a moment. "Your Seneschal Glorfindel is the one that I have developed a relationship with." Thranduil said.

Elrond shook his head a moment as if trying to clear it. While Glorfindel was trustworthy, a formidable warrior and friend he wasn't so sure about his suitability to be Thranduil's lover...Glorfindel was quite promiscuous and...well, Thranduil was better than that. "Glorfindel...I'm not so sure you understand what type of elf he is Thranduil, I know him very well and he has never kept a partner for long." Elrond said.

"I know all that, you are not the first to warn me of him, you should know that I am no fool, do you honestly think I would involve myself with him, with anyone, who was only after one thing to begin with? He has changed Elrond, he wishes to be with me as I wish to be with him our feelings are mutual and...I love him Elrond." Thranduil said. "I do not have to prove to you his loyalty in this...although I do have a favor to ask. He said to me that he will request you release him from his oath...I am asking that you deny this request." Thranduil said.

Elrond looked at Thranduil a moment in shock. "Deny him? But if I allow him to leave my side the two of you can be together, I thought you said your love was mutual." He said.

"It is...I love him very much, but that is why I cannot allow him to lose everything he has lived for until now, he would throw away everything for me and I cannot allow him to do that, it's too much." Thranduil said. "You are his family Elrond and I will not ask him to sacrifice his family for mine, it's wrong and I would feel terrible if he did that."

Elrond smiled sympathetically at Thranduil. "You two are facing a very difficult road Thranduil, love is sacrifice as I'm sure you know, if he wants to do this I'm not so sure I can deny him...why not simply let him make this sacrifice?"

"Then what I am to sacrifice in return? I cannot leave my post as he can, my freedom is severely limited compared to most...you know better than anyone that what speak is true, I don't want to be without him but I will not ask him of something that I cannot do in return, regardless of being apart I am sure we can still work." Thranduil said.

Elrond embraced Thranduil gently. "Besides telling me to deny Glorfindel's request, why did you come to see me?" He asked.

"I will request your blessing." Thranduil said. "As juvenile as it sounds I want your approval in this." Thranduil said. "I know I don't need it, I need no one's honestly but I want it nonetheless."

Elrond took a deep breath. "You have my blessing Thranduil and my approval...however if Glorfindel does request a release I am not sure if I can deny him, he has never asked anything of me before and I'm not sure he will understand." Elrond said.

"Maybe not, however I do plan to speak with him before he comes to you; he was still sleeping when I left the talan." Thranduil said simply.

Elrond couldn't help but smile. "Exhausted him well I take it." He chided.

"And wouldn't we like to know?" He joked right back at Elrond.

Elrond flicked water in Thranduil direction. As innocent as the joke was Elrond had to try and suppress the urge to image Thranduil squirming underneath him swollen and yearning...begging Elrond to take him, he probably had the most beautiful voice when he begged, his skin flushed, a slight sheen of sweat slickening his frame...Elrond gave an audible gasp as he pulled himself away from Thranduil and turned his back to him. 'What the hell am I thinking!? How could I possibly be thinking such things! He is like a son to me!' Elrond said mentally screaming at himself.

The gasp concerned Thranduil, and when Elrond turned away from him it concerned him even more. "My Lord?" Thranduil asked placing a gentle hand on Elrond's shoulder that actually flinched from the touch. Thranduil drew his hand back quickly, "What is wrong?" He asked now genuinely concerned.

"Nothing..." Elrond shook his head as the remembrance of how soft Thranduil's skin felt against this own flooded his mind...why couldn't he keep his thoughts straight?! The familiar heat of lust began to run through his body and rushed between his legs, he had to leave, and he couldn't be near Thranduil behaving the way he was...even if Thranduil didn't know what he was thinking it still filled Elrond with shame. "I'm sorry Thranduil but I must go." He said lifting himself from the water and quickly pulling his robe over his form praying Thranduil did not notice how aroused he was.




Elrond hated himself for leaving Thranduil so abruptly, he looked so concerned, oh if he only knew what Elrond was thinking! He would be disgusted and he would never trust him again. Elrond closed the curtain to the door of his talan as he tried to quell the images that flew through his mind. But he couldn't seem to think of anything else but that taunt and glistening body in the water next to him but a few moments ago.

"By the Valar..." Elrond said as he sat upon his bed as he slowly opened his robe. "What is wrong with me...?" He said as he grasped his growing erection unable to help himself.

He began to slowly stroke himself, squeezing tightly at the base and allowing his fingers to press against the slit as the lustful liquid began to seep from his now weeping arousal. He smeared the fluid across his length it felt so good to touch himself like this, under normal circumstances he would never do anything so deprived but he wanted this so desperately he couldn't stop himself, more importantly he didn't want to stop.

Elrond began to stroke himself faster and he allowed himself to become lost in the sensation as he closed his eyes and felt he would sob as he imaged Thranduil's naked body, his soft skin against his own, the sweet smell of his hair, those perfect lips enveloping his arousal...lapis blue eyes staring up at him as he pleasured him with adapt devotion and eagerness. It was all so terribly erroneous, but it only made him move faster upon himself. The more he thought of Thranduil the more he wanted him, craved him even and he wasn't even sure why.

His imagining climbed to new lengths as he pictured Thranduil beneath him moaning and writhing in ecstasy all the while screaming Elrond's name over and over. He held that beautiful body close to his own in an almost crushing embrace and plundered Thranduil's mouth like a starving animal bruising those delicate petal lips leaving marks upon that milk-like skin his golden hair splayed across the floor like honey spilled around him. Elrond didn't want to be tender with him, he wanted to ravage him, spoil this forbidden fruit like no other could for he was the father figure to Thranduil, no other had this line to cross but Elrond did and he wanted to cross this bridge and burn it once he was passed.

He imaged holding down that lithe body and driving his length into him with one fluid motion making the said elf scream, whether in pleasure or pain it didn't seem to matter. He fit to this elf perfectly as if Thranduil's body was made specifically for pleasuring him, and as the youthful king squirmed and twisted under him Elrond knew he had the power to bring this elf to the brink of insanity and back...he wanted them both to go insane. As Elrond fisted his straining and weeping cock he felt himself getting so close and there was nothing he could do now, in being so close, to stop himself from imagining having Thranduil in any way he wished, in his mind he could do anything he wanted to him and he did, everything he ever wanted no matter how deprived or terrible he let loose everything upon Thranduil.

Elrond could feel his body tighten and he knew he was close as he squeezed almost cruelly upon himself and he bit the back of his hand to keep himself from screaming too loudly as he violently released, a blinding light exploding before his eyes the force causing his entire body to spasm, spilling himself over his hand and the talan floor before falling limply backward on the bed breathing heavily while moaning riding the waves of his orgasm in pure absolute pleasure...but when the waves ceased he felt nothing but shame and guilt.

How could he have thought of Thranduil in such a way? He was Thranduil's trusted friend and had been like a father to him ever since the last alliance...he could chalk this all up to simple lust but if that were the case wouldn't he have felt something prior to this before? He never had thought of Thranduil in a sexual way before today...he was glorious and so beautiful now, more so than ever before, but why? It was so frustrating to be so attracted to someone and yet sickened with yourself for feeling attracted in the first place, and Thranduil...no doubt he would be disgusted with Elrond if he ever found out, not to mention Glorfindel, Thranduil expressed such love for Glorfindel and Elrond couldn't destroy that. He curled upon his bed shaking his head at himself, what was he supposed to do now?
End Notes:
[Taurelasse] - Forest Leaf

Author Note: As said before my computer crashed and I lost most of my files this fiction being among the lost so I'm sorry for the late update, I originally didn't plan on Elrond feeling anything for Thranduil, but for some reason it just played out like this anyway :P well I hope you enjoy check out my other fic "Three Passions, One Love"

-Nerwen
Chapter 9 by Nerwen
Erestor and Terrance walked the forest together simply enjoying each other's silent company, Erestor stole glances at this elf at his side every so often, he had sought him out to begin with and remembered him from the other ritualsr30;it was strange that the elf which he had wished to see and speak with for so long was right beside him yet he really had nothing to say. After a moment though Terrance decided to break the silence.

"Have you decided to speak with him yet?" Terrance asked referring to Glorfindel.

"Yes, but to make things easier I intend to let us meet by accident rather than seeking him out, granted it might be some time but if worse comes to worse we do both live in Imladris so we will meet sooner or later." Erestor said.

Terrance gave a slight laugh. "Same with me and my Taurelasse although we live together in Mirkwood." He said.

"You live in the same home?" Erestor asked.

"Not exactly, it's a large estate and I am basically a guest in his home, I do have a home of my own but I rarely use it." Terrance said.

"Why is that?" Erestor asked

Terrance regarded Erestor for a moment; he wanted to tell this elf about himself but he needed to follow the rules of ritual so he thought for a moment on how to go about the entire situation so he wouldn't reveal too much about himself. "It's a bit of a long story, but if you wish to listenr30;" Terrance trailed off slightly.

"I'd love to hear it." Erestor said enthusiastically.

"When I was very young I was orphaned, my father as I was told had sailed to the Valior shortly after my birth and my mother raised me until I was only but two years, we lived in the deeper regions of Mirkwood, when it was Greenwood The Great, and one day she was attacked by one of the giant spiders that lived there and I was too young to do much of anything, and she died." Terrance stopped when Erestor gave his condolences. "It's all right I have long since made peace with losing my mother and father after all, the problem was my parents were the only connection I had to this world, although I was lucky enough to be adopted by another family." Terrance paused. "After my mother died I wandered around aimlessly for a day or so before someone found me on the bridge running over the river that protected the palace. The guard watching over the bridge picked me up and eventually he found a family kind enough to take me into their home, I was too young to remember my name so they named me." He stopped short of his name, since he was found on the bridge like a terrace they had named him Terrance.

"I grew up with all the love I could possibly hope for but I always felt a little out of place among my adopted family so as soon I was old enough I moved out and built a little cottage for myself somewhat near the river." He paused as they sat down on a soft patch of grass together. "Ever since I can remember I've wanted to be part of the royal guard, I wanted to protect the royal family or at least be a part of their honored guardsmenr30;I'm not sure why I wanted it so badly but I still to this day remember the face of the elf that found me, how glorious and privileged he was to be chosen as part of the guardr30;at the time though it was a dream much too far for me to reach, only those of noble decent were able to join the guard as decreed by the King." Erestor interrupted him for a moment.

"King Oropher, as I recallr30;though that rule was overthrown by King Thranduil, it's a total judgment call now on his part if one is to become part of the guard am I right?" Erestor asked.

"You have knowledge of the family then?" Terrance asked.

"I actually know quite a lot about the royal families, not just Mirkwood, Imladris and Lothlórien as well, it's part of my job to know as much as possible about them, and I'm an advisor." Erestor said.

"Ah, well as you might have already guessed I am a member of the Royal Guard, but I was made so during Oropher's reign. As much as I wanted to be part of the guard I knew it wasn't possible so I settled for working for the guards instead I would assist them in weapons, armor, anything they required I more than happily obliged, to be near them was enough for me. One day though they needed a sparring partner for a new requite they were all very well trained so they thought it unfair to have him spar with one of them so they asked if I would stand in, and I was happy to helpr30;but I proved to be a formidable fighter and defeated him, I had been training all my life even though I knew I wasn't a noble and couldn't compete to be part of the guard I wanted to be the best I could anytime I saw a sparring match or a sword competition I trained myself to know it as well as they did if not better." Terrance paused happy to see Erestor was listening intently. "Needless to say they were quite shocked by my display of skill and wanted to test it further, so they did and I sparred with quite a few of them, they decided that I was good enough to joust with on a regular basis and they used me to refine their skill, as I refined miner30;one day unknown by me and the rest of the guards King Oropher came to oversee our...their training process and young Prince Thranduil accompanied him apparently they were there to bestow the privilege of Prince Thranduil's personal guard to one of them, his father was allowing him to pick whomever he wanted." Terrance said.

"He picked you didn't he?" Erestor finished for him.

"Much to the displeasure of his father and the other guards I would have declined but he wouldn't allow that, he didn't care if I was a noble or not I was the best fighter he had ever seen and any other skills I lacked I would be taughtr30;so by Prince Thranduil I became part of the royal guardr30;I personally was responsible for the Prince of Greenwood I had never been filled with such pride before in my life, I love what I do more than anything and I would never trade it." Terrance said.

"I've heard of Thranduil's personal guard, a more than formidable warrior, intense and powerful, extremely devoted and committed to the Royal family and all its occupants. I can't think of anyone more deserving than you to have that titler30;Terrance." Erestor said remember his name from researching the Royal family.

"And you are Erestor." Terrance noticed his slightly surprised look. "I've known for a little while now, I knew who Glorfindel was at first glance, we've crossed paths a few times and him being devoted to the Royal family of Imladris and me being so to the Royal family of Mirkwood I remembered him, you've dropped hints here and there to who you are and your relationship with Glorfindel, it wasn't hard to connect the dots on to who you were, partly why I told you my story I was hoping that you could guess who I was too." Terrance said.

Erestor smiled. "I've always wanted to meet you, I'm glad I finally haver30;your Taurelasse is Thranduil isn't it?" Erestor asked.

Terrance nodded. "I am worried about his newfound relationship, even if Glorfindel wants' to leave his post Thranduil wouldn't allow him to do so, it would be like taking me away from my family and I'm sure it is the same for Glorfindel something Thranduil couldn't do, especially to someone he loves." Terrance said.

"I'm sure they will find a wayr30;my King loves Thranduil very much he would do practically anything if it was to make Thranduil happy, he looks upon him like a son." Erestor said.

"The two of them haven't spoken for some time though, I wouldn't be surprised if his feelings have changedr30;Thranduil would hate to let me go especially to another realm, King Elrond might feel the same." Terrance said.




While Thranduil was still concerned because of Elrond's behavior, he couldn't leave Glorfindel alone too long, Glorfindel would be expecting him back soon and truthfully he wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. He made his way back to his talan swiftly glad to see that Glorfindel apparently hadn't been up too long.

"Oh, you're back." Glorfindel said walking up to Thranduil kissing him gently. "You were gone longer than usual." He noted.

"I saw a friend so I thought I would speak to him, Elrond really hasn't changed much has he." Thranduil said with a small smile seeing Glorfindel's expression.

"You spoke with my lord? What about?" He asked curiously, Glorfindel knew that Elrond and Thranduil used to correspond in letters, and that they had neglected to do so in many years, but besides that he knew nothing of what their relationship was.

"You, not surprisingly." Thranduil said sitting himself upon the bed. "I wanted him to know about us, Elrond's opinion is very important to me, I wanted him to support usr30;I love you very much Glorfindel but for some reason I tend to seek out the approval of others in my actions, my friend, Elrond, my childrenr30;I want their support and blessing in this, I want them to be happy about my decision just as happy as I am." Thranduil said.

"And his answer?" Glorfindel said sitting at Thranduil's feet.

Thranduil paused a moment. "He said that we have his blessing butr30;he was acting so strangely just before we parted ways, I think something is troubling him but he would not tell me what it was, and he left me so abruptly I had not the time to find out what." Thranduil said.

"Does he care greatly for you? Are you two very close?" Glorfindel asked.

"I would like to think so, true we haven't spoken in some time butr30;he was like a father to me for many years and it's grown into more of a deep friendship." Thranduil said.

"Elrond is very close to me as well; maybe he worries about losing both of us, losing us both to the other might be a bit hard on him." Glorfindel said.

"But he isn't going to lose you or me, I spoke to him so that you wouldn't do anything foolish and request a release from himr30;I refuse to take you away from him and his family." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel looked at him confused for a moment. "Isn't that my decision? Why is it I cannot sacrifice this for you?"

"It should be my decision too Glorfindel, if we are in a relationship we are supposed to decide together and it would be terrible of me to take you away from your familyr30;I want you by my sider30;but our lives are very different, I cannot sacrifice things as you can, and if I cannot do the same I do not want you to do so at all." Thranduil said.

"I appreciate your words love, but being away from you for weeks at a time, that being the best case scenario, it will be hard." Glorfindel said. "I hated waking up this morning without you by my sider30;that alone tortures me." He added.

"Too much?" Thranduil asked.

"No, when comes to you I would bend over backward just to see your face." He kissed the back of Thranduil's hand. "I will stay true to you always even if I cannot always see you, just expressing how much I want to be with you moreover I don't want anyone stealing you away from me in my absence." He said gruffly.

Thranduil gave a soft chuckle at that. "I wouldn't worry too much about that in all honesty, I'm not an easy target, between my children and Terrance I'm sure they have deterred many. You are one of the few who put up with them long enough to get closer to me, and this ceremony made it easier, my title didn't hold you backr30;sometimes I hate being a King, if I wasn't I could go with you to Imladris and live with you in the house of Elrond, our families becoming one, that would be bliss." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel smiled at him softly. He stood and took Thranduil's hand. "Come with me I want to show you something." He said as he led Thranduil out of their Talan and to the outskirts of the settlement.

They walked for some time, but they enjoyed ach others silent company as the sun was slowly slipping away and twilight settled around them and a different array of life sprung around them, fireflies and night blooming flowers began to awaken. Glorfindel smiled as he watched Thranduil appreciate the night life, he had stumbled upon a beautiful spot of land shortly after he had first met Thranduil and knew this would be a perfect place to bring him, only Thranduil would be able to appreciate it like him.

Glorfindel stopped and gave Thranduil a smile before they stepped into a small clearing it was only a few yards from the settlement groundsr30;sweet Elbereth though this place was a paradise. The trees were tall and their canopy had small openings that littered the ground with sun beams, twilight making the beams red and gold as the wind shook the leaves making the sun dance on the soft sweet emerald grass. Fireflies dancing just outside of the clearing illuminating the forest around them, only magnifying the beauty before them. Near the center was a small hot spring that had moonflower and jasmine blooms around it their scent overwhelming Thranduil's senses delightfully, white gardenia's were also scattered about among the lemon vine that crawled up the tress, this placer30;Glorfindel had brought him here.

"This place is so beautifulr30;no place in Mirkwood was ever this glorious." Thranduil said stepping into the clearing still clutching Glorfindel's hand.

"You compliment this place. Something as beautiful as this place needs someone as beautiful as you to admire it, it's only fittingr30;I knew you would appreciate this place more than I ever could, seeing the wonder in your eyes is more than I could ask for." Glorfindel said.

Thranduil smiled at his gently before walking up to Glorfindel kissing him softly at first the added more passion to the kiss which left them both breathless when he finally pulled away. "Allow me to make love to you, among all this beautyr30;let me love you tonight.." He said only above a whisper.

Glorfindel smiled wrapping Thranduil in his arms, it felt so perfect and so right to hold him like this, gently yet strongly he knew if Thranduil wished it he could escape him easily but he didn't, instead he melted into the embrace as if he belonged there and in Glorfindel's mind and heart he did belong there, in his arms and no one else's.

This was not a time for swift passion and lust, this scene was set for love, and he would do exactly that, he would love Thranduil slowly and gently he would love this elf tonight, as Thranduil would him, as Thranduil wished as the scene would have it. He kissed Thranduil gently and was a little surprised when Thranduil pushed him away gently, but he was smiling so Glorfindel didn't worry about it.

Thranduil began to unlace the front of Glorfindel's tunic, taking his time as he slipped the shirt off his lovers shoulders and taking a moment to admire that sculptured body, the rippled abdomen and strapping forearms, he ran his hands down his body slowly and kissed him passionately. He broke the kiss off and permitted his lips to trail down, traveling to his lovers neck, his shoulders, gently brushing his collar bones with his lips and allowing his tongue to dip I the hallow of Glorfindel's throat. Thranduil ran his lounge from Glorfindel's throat to his navel, licking and kissing around his stomach and hips as he unlaced his leggings, slipping them past his hips and down his well-built legs letting his hands grasp and grope as he went to his knees to better access his lovers body.

Thranduil purposefully avoided Glorfindel's arousal; he wanted his lover to last a long time so he paid as little attention to him in that area as possible, he focused simply on kissing and tasting the entire length of Glorfindel's body.

"You taste so sweetr30;" Thranduil said looking up at him from his position on his knees in front of him. "Every part of your30;" He said kissing up his torso and jumping up to his lips as Glorfindel wrapped him in a strong embrace.

"You seem terribly overdressed at this point love." Glorfindel said tugging at Thranduil's tunic although Thranduil stopped him again. "Why do you keep on stopping me?" He asked.

"Becauser30;I want to do this, it has been so long since I have devoted all my attention to one person, I just want you to feel and enjoy this, let me love you, let me do everything for you." Thranduil said kissing him and once again dropping before him and finally paying attention to his lover's arousal.

This action surprised Glorfindel making him gasp but his words also shocked him slightly, he was usually in charge when he made love to someone, he preferred it that way, but Thranduil took that role from him so easily it was a little unnerving he didn't mind giving this power to him at allr30;and he was enjoying the slight reverse in roles quite well.

Thranduil worked on Glorfindel slowly, taking his time making sure Glorfindel felt every sensation and vibration, he took note when Glorfindel would moan or hiss in reaction repeating what he seemed to like more only to stop seconds before he was to release. He knew this was border lining driving his lover insane, but madness was a pleasure in all this, he wanted Glorfindel to feel everything and Thranduil wanted to be the cause of every sensation. He pulled away from Glorfindel asking him to lie on his back, Glorfindel laid down and Thranduil resumed his actions while removing his clothing, he was feeling overdressed as compared to his nude lover.

"To you want me to finish you? Tell me what you want of me and I will gladly oblige." Thranduil said waiting for Glorfindel who gave him a strange look.

"You have no idea how much it pleases me to know you only wish to make me happy in all thisr30;but know that I want you to be happy too love." He took Thranduil's face in his hands and kissed him lovingly pulling him into his lap. "Let me finish inside you, that is what I wantr30;do you?" He asked.

Thranduil smiled. "Yes." He said simply raising his hips slightly.

Thranduil wasn't very well prepared for Glorfindel's entry but took him in stride, he wasn't going to ruin this moment, and even though a bit uncomfortable he was able to feel every inch of his lover enter him making him moan in appreciation. He rested a moment allowing his body to accommodate Glorfindel a little better before raising himself up and down in a smooth slow rhythm. It felt good, Glorfindel's hands running down his sides and chest in a gentle caress as he sat up to lavish kisses on his neck and shoulders, the heat of Glorfindel's tongue like liquid fire the heat of his body burning him, by the Valar how he loved this heat, loved being consumed by itr30;the fire licking every inch of his body overwhelming his being until he melted and became one with his lover.

Glorfindel's mouth met Thranduil's for an intense kiss making both of them moan into one another at the contact. Although Glorfindel knew Thranduil wished to do this by himself he couldn't help but place his hands on his hips helping him to move faster, Thranduil didn't need much encouragement or help for that matter, their arms wrapped around one another as they moved as one until both screamed in release, Thranduil falling forward somewhat to rest in Glorfindel's embrace who had steadied himself with one hand firmly on the ground the other around Thranduil.

He kissed Thranduil's forehead gently. "That was wonderful lover30;" He said gently nuzzling the nape of Thranduil's neck.

"Yesr30;it was." He said meeting Glorfindel for a gentle kiss. He reluctantly pulled away from him and crawled the short distance to the spring. "Join me." He said before slipping into the water.

The water was quite warm, a little more so than most but the heat was pleasant as he simple relaxed a moment until Glorfindel joined him. They embraced one another in the water letting the surrounding heat of one another consume them.




Elrond let out a heavy sigh as he walked to the outskirts, he couldn't help but replaying the event with Thranduil over and over in his head and somehow little by little he felt better about it. He chalked up his entire situation to the fact that he hadn't had a lover in so longr30;he had been depriving himself and Thranduil just awakened some dormant desires, Elrond even went as far to find an elf who agreed to a fleeting night with him, in the hope to sate this desire and for the most part it worked. He wasn't interested in Thranduil that way, Thranduil was just In the wrong place at the wrong timer30;that was all.

Elrond wished to clear his mind and his conscious for thinking of Thranduil in such a depraved lightr30;he was so pure, Elrond felt terrible by the mere thought of dirtying him. He knew a spot just outside of the forest, not many knew of it so hopefully it would be vacant and he could meditate quietly to rid himself of his guilt however, two voices stopped him before he stepped into the clearing, one he knew was Glorfindel and the other was Thranduil.

He cursed under his breath unable to help himself as he shook his head in dismayr30;they were obviously involved in a love scene with one another and the sweet, soft moans that escaped Thranduil's lips was ecstasy to Elrond's ears. He hated to admit it but he was far from being over and past everythingr30;apparently it wasn't that easy he still wanted him as those terrible thoughts came rushing back to him, fire coursing through his veins, those little gasps and whimpers making him hard but only because they were Thranduil'sr30;because it was him was the only reason it affected him like this.

It confused Elrond so much. Elrond loved Thranduil, he truly did, and nothing would change thatr30;but if he loved him as he claimed to why did he want to have him? Even now as he relished in that pleasure filled voice he didn't want to make love to him, no he wanted to ravage him, claim him in all aspectsr30;how he wanted him. He lost himself yet again in this moment and he couldn't stop himself from griping and stroking himself through the fabric of his breeches. It felt good, hot, and strongr30;so very fantastic and he could only guess that Thranduil would feel extraordinary. He dared to take a look at his want, his desire, only half submerged in the clear water of the spring, Elrond couldn't suppress a low moan, that mithril ring through his nipple glinting in the low light his taunt blushing skin and his heavy honey hair spilled across his milk white skinr30;the sight would have been perfect to give Elrond all he needed to release had Glorfindel not been with himr30;however, he was and it caused Elrond to wilt in his desire.

Glorfindel with Thranduil made him bristle and he forced himself to make a quite yet hasty exit. He nearly had himself convinced that he didn't want Thranduil but now he realized it was all a lier30;but he didn't wish to make Thranduil unhappyr30;how would he be able to do anything without making him upset?

Thranduil had asked him not to release Glorfindel from his oath; Elrond knew that if Glorfindel was truly serious about Thranduil he would request one no matter what Thranduil said and Elrond was hard pressed to deny Glorfindel for this elf has served him loyally for so long and never asked for anything beforer30;However, he couldn't deny Thranduil either, if Thranduil wished him to hold Glorfindel to his oath he would do exactly that.

Glorfindel would only leave Imladris, to be with Thranduil, if Elrond released him and if he denied this request their visits would be few and far between and with a reputation such as Glorfindel'sr30;well it wouldn't take long for him to betray Thranduil. Grated Thranduil would be heartbroken but then Elrond could console the young King, his loving and doting friend of old sweeping in to support him, and when the time was right to replace Glorfindel and giving him all he needed in a relationship. Elrond glanced back at the quite spot where Thranduil and Glorfindel were.

"Have him this night, have him this ceremony, thisr30;love, you claim to have for him will not last long Glorfindel, I'll see to it personally." He said walking off to find another to sedate his lust for tonight.
End Notes:
So sorry for the late update, ridiculous I know, but it couldn't be helped as I said before my computer crashed and ate the files for this fic and when I wrote the last chapter it went a completely different direction then I intended. You see Elrond was never meant to lust after Thranduil ,that was never supposed to happen originally, so it took me some time to figure out how I wanted the story to progress and I had to give my OC a little attention as well I can't promise I'll have the next fic out soon cause with my two jobs and this new direction the fic is taking I don't have much free time but I will try, I hope people will not be to angry about Elrond being a little bit conniving and sneaky in this ficr30;I think might slight angst warning might be a little worse that I originally thought. -_- anyway I hope you enjoyed it! PLEASE REVIEW!
Chapter 10 by Nerwen
Thranduil awoke to the soft even breathing of Glorfindel; they were still on the outskirts, in that beautiful spot they had made love within. Thranduil gave a deep contented sighr30;everything was going so well, he hadn't been in love like this in such a long time. His solitude and loneliness simply seemed to melt away with Glorfindel, granted he had his children and he had Terrance who would never deny him company but there were things one could only share with a lover and Glorfindel filled that void with warmth and light so bright that Thranduil thought he would burst at times. He knew that he put himself in his solitary position in the first place, partly it being his fault for not allowing anyone too close for fear of dishonoring his wife and his own foolish fear of being hurtr30;but he could put all those fears to rest now.

Although it was not a happy thought Thranduil knew that their time together was limited and being so far apart was going to hurt them both, but he was not going to throw away this love, every love must go through tests, and if being apart was one of their trials so be it. Thranduil sighed and began pulling his clothing back on. He walked back to Glorfindel and gently shook him awake, they shouldn't linger too long on the outskirts, and they needed to get back to the grounds. Glorfindel groaned a little but nevertheless sat up and seeing Thranduil already fully dressed he followed suit.

"I forgot for a moment you are one who rises with the sun." He said standing and stretching as he did so, he never would understand morning risers.

"By force of occupation love, I haven't the choice really." Thranduil said. "I don't understand why you are not the same you are warden of Imladris." He added.

"True, but my duties do not require me to rise early, more or less they require me to stay up late, and I make sure the house is in complete safety before I rest myself, so I tend to sleep in." He said as they made their way back to their talan.

Thranduil stopped just short of their flat and pulled Glorfindel along with him away from their talan, "Let us take a walk, the mornings are quite here let us enjoy the scenery and serenity before the population rises." Thranduil said holding out his hand which Glorfindel took.




Erestor shifted away slowly before he rolled to his side greeted by the sleeping face of Terrance, his eyes open but unseeing, as most elf's tended to do, when they slept, very few closed their eyes when sleeping. Erestor smiled this was the first time that Terrance had decided to share the bed with Erestor up until now he had declined every invitation, but last night he had said yes. It was nice to have him so close by, to know that this cautious elf was comfortable enough around him now to share his bedr30;although far from comfortable enough to touch him.

Terrance didn't seem like someone who would make any type of advances without persuasion to do so, he was shy in some aspects of his life, harboring those feelings toward Thranduil was proof that he had trouble with speaking his mind if rejection was a possibility. The only reason he spoke to Thranduil in the first place was because of Glorfindel, not really because he wanted to but because it would be his last chance. Erestor hoped that he could gain this elf's affection they way Thranduil had, and with any luck Terrance would tell him if and when that time came.

It was still early and he knew Terrance would wake soon, Erestor himself was not really a morning riser nor a late riser he found a pleasant medium, Terrance rose early because Thranduil did and as Terrance's duty to protect him he needed to be by his side. Erestor carefully lifted himself from the bed and deftly slipped on more appropriate attire before leaving, he didn't wish to wake Terrance and honestly Erestor was tired of waiting to run into Glorfindel he wanted to make amends now, there was no sense in putting it off more so than he already had.

As he walked he spotted Glorfindel in the distance with Thranduil. Erestor gave an audible sigh, he could easily see why Terrance loved him so, and why Glorfindel adored him as well, Thranduil was almost painfully beautiful and as history taught he was a brave warrior and a wise and gentle king, even adored by his people and his children which was hard earned. He managed to keep his land safe without a ring of power or aid from the other elven kingdoms yet he held his own very wellr30;there was no comparison between Erestor and Thranduil they were vastly different from one another even in age, especially in appearance, and the lives they lead. Erestor shook away those thoughts being jealous of Thranduil was pointless after all Terrance was in his bed not Thranduil's, and Erestor had rejected Glorfindel everything was playing out okay and now he would hopefully be able to mend the relationship between Glorfindel and himself.




Thranduil smiled fondly at Glorfindel as they walked in silence simply enjoying the crisp morning air and the awakening forest, until a sigh caught his attention and he immediately noticed Erestor. Erestor had his face turned away from them and seemed lost in thought but even so Thranduil thought it a good opportunity to give Glorfindel a little push to talk with the raven haired councilor once more. Thranduil let go of Glorfindel's hand and motioned to Erestor.

"Will you speak with him now?" Thranduil asked.

"This might be a meeting of pure chancer30;I think it is too soon." He replied shaking his head.

"I don't think sor30;and even if it is chance, all the more reason to speak to him, do not pass up this opportunity love, speak to him, after all he is now connected to someone who is very important to me." Thranduil smiled. "You told me once that if it mattered to me it would matter to you as well, this matters, so please speak with him." Thranduil added.

Glorfindel sighed but nodded at Thranduil's request. "I will meet you at our talan later?" Glorfindel asked.

"Of course." Thranduil said as he walked in the opposite direction the conversation between Erestor and Glorfindel did not involve him, and hopefully they would work something out and a new friendship would begin.




Thranduil went back to the outskirts, he felt safer on the outside of the forest and it did limit his contact with others, most were in the center of the forest where activities and games were held, not to mention where the meals took place. Here he could simply enjoy his own company and not be bothered at least not as much, he always ran into one or two elves, pleasantries were exchanged then they went their separate ways most who were on the outskirts also wished to be aloner30;although there was always one who wished to disturb the solitude.

"I must ask, why is you are all alone?" A voice spoke from behind Thranduil.

Thranduil turned to meet sharp ice blue eyes staring into his own, he didn't recognize this elf at all, he had shoulder-length brown hair done up in a somewhat messy braid, he had a strong tall stature, and it seemed as if he just stumbled from his bed, no he had never seen this elf before but he shook that thought away. "Simply enjoying the scenery." He replied politely and usually that's where the conversation would end but once again he was dragged into another questionr30;much the same way Glorfindel had baited and lured him into a conversation.

"Do you not think it would be more beautiful with another set of eyes to look with?" The elf said stepping forward and racking his eyes over Thranduil's form.

"That would be truer30;" Thranduil gritted his teeth not appreciating the leering he was receiving. "Yet your eyes seem to have wandered elsewhere, toward something you will not obtain." He stated firmly, Thranduil was now spoken for, not bonded but still not available.

The elf in front of him frowned, looking at him intensely. "You are not bonded to another, which is easily seen by trained eyes, in which you are free to accept advances are you not?" He asked if only to be sure.

"I have not bonded as of yet, although I am spoken for, regardless of this though I am not interested I prefer my solitude." He said about turning away although quickly surprised when the elf behind him grabbed his elbow spinning him around to face him.

"That remark was uncalled for, am I so terrible looking you must turn away from me?" He asked obviously angry but Thranduil was unsure as to why.

"Unhand me, you have no right." Thranduil said trying to pull his arm away in which case the grip only tightened.

"Nor do you, insulting me like that!" He growled.

"Insulting? " Thranduil asked confused still trying to pry himself free. "If I insulted you I am sorry that was not my intent." He said.

"You should repent for your actions." He said suggestively.

Thranduil glared at the elf who held him. "Now it is you who should apologize, I will not be treated in such a way by anyone."

"I am not simply anyone, my station is of high rank and i will not be intimidated by an arrogant child." He said his grip only tightening.

Thranduil winced at the painful hold the elf had on his arm, he could get into a heated argument with this elf but he didn't want that he simply wanted to be left alone...not to mention if this elf chose to become forceful he wasn't so sure it was a battle he could win. this elf was easily twice his size and the grip he had on his arm proved he was strong, and they were alone no other elfs were usually up at this hour nor would they be on the outskirts most that happened to be awake were probably enjoying morning meal.

"Please...release me." Thranduil said and the elf for a moment seemed to consider this however,r without warning he lashed out striking Thranduil so hard he fell to the ground.

The blow had dazed Thranduil as he tried to stand but found he couldn't, he felt his head noticing blood on his fingertips, when he fell he must've hit his head on something, the blow itself set his cheek aflame but it wasn't enough to break his skin. He looked up through hazy eyes to see the other elf with a somewhat scared expression as he turned and ran away. Apparently him striking Thranduil hadn't entered either of their minds and the action surprised him so that apparently he thought it best to leave the situation rather than deal with it.

Thranduil managed to bring himself to his feet but only made a few steps before he fell to the floor again, he felt a sharp pain in his leg a shallow cut running along his calf. He shook his head angrily trying to clear it, he wasn't able to balance himself and his vision was becoming less focused as he tried to clear the fog in his mind. He felt something hot run down his temple, he was bleeding from the wound on his head, the blood was flowing rather freely...he must have really hit his head hard as it ran down his neck staining his tunic, he needed to get help somehow but he couldn't even walk at the moment, and he was so tired...if only for a moment...he couldn't fight the need any longer as he closed his eyes and went to sleep.




Elrond walked the early paths of the ceremony grounds, he enjoyed the mornings more than any other part of the day, listening to the forest wake was a treat and he savored it, breathing in the crisp air, watching the fog dissipate and eventually disappear, and the sun rising over the canopy of trees producing sunbeams all around...it was a fantastic sight.

His thoughts were interrupted as he was knocked to the side rather violently as an elf ran by him a little too quickly, there was really no need to rush anywhere especially at this hour. He looked in the direction he came from and followed his path curiously. The unconscious elf on the ground confirmed his suspicion about the elf as he quickly went to help the poor creature.

When Elrond discovered that this elf was Thranduil he had half a mind to chase after the elf that had done this but he couldn't simply leave Thranduil out, bleeding the way he was, so Elrond hurriedly took Thranduil to his talan, he wasn't sure where Thranduil was lodged and his talan was very nearby. Once safely inside he began treating Thranduil's wounds. He didn't have many, the head injury and a few scraps, thankfully the bleeding was mostly superficial although it did soak into Thranduil's tunic forcing Elrond to remove it. The cut up his calf was shallow but it still bleed through his leggings and the wound itself did need to be wrapped so he removed them as well.

Elrond ran a cool washcloth over Thranduil's face and chest where the blood had ran as he slowly cleaned the elf before him, wrapping the wound and washing Thranduil's hair of the blood. He had scrapes up and down his legs as if he had fallen a few times and Elrond treated the minor injuries after tending to his major ones. When he finished he wrapped Thranduil in a blanket and took him to his bed. He wished he could have seen that brutal elf do this, then he could extract some type of vengeance upon him for hurting Thranduil. Not to mention, where was Glorfindel while this was happening? He was supposed to be protecting Thranduil from such things, how long would Thranduil have just been lying there if he had not been there to help him?

He brushed some hair out of Thranduil's eyes and gently stroked his cheek with the back of his hand. Elrond knew from experience that Thranduil would be okay, he probably shouldn't have fallen asleep because the wound on his head suggested he had a concussion but there was nothing to be done about it now. Thranduil looked exactly as he did when he was child as he slept, oblivious to everything abound him and content in his dreams, Thranduil always slept soundly, a night-owl and a early-bird at the same time. Elrond sighed and stepped away from Thranduil, he should...he should go see Glorfindel tell him what happened, shouldn't he? Glorfindel somehow managed to make Thranduil happy and Elrond decided to let them be for now anyway, he would bide his time before he attempted anything he was almost positive Glorfindel's faithfulness wouldn't last...but now Thranduil was here with him so defenseless and so very beautiful...it couldn't possibly hurt to know, could it?
End Notes:
Sorry to leave it there, I know this chapter was a but shorter than the other but I wanted a little input on your view's, I'm trying not to make Elrond a bad guy in this fic, so should he take advantage of Thranduil a little while he sleeps of just leave him alone? Like I said I'm trying to turn him into the bad guy but sometimes I can't resist making him just a little bit evil, anyway please review with your suggestion, I always greatly appreciate reviews! Thanks to all my reviewers!
Chapter 11 by Nerwen
Glorfindel walked toward Erestor slowly, he was unsure what to say to him, he looked behind himself to see Thranduil walk away from the scene, he still felt reluctant to speak with Erestor for their last meeting did not end well for either of them. Also Glorfindel was worried that his distance with Erestor might cause problems for Thranduil and Terrance...he didn't want that. Even though he wasn't particularly fond of Terrance, he knew that that elf would love and protect Thranduil from any harm, he needed that assurance if he ever hoped to let Thranduil go at the end of the ceremony he shook away those thoughts and looked back at Erestor who seemed lost in thought, he was still worried he would somehow make Erestor angry again but he had to try if not for himself then to at least give Erestor the benefit of a doubt.

"Are you desiring a moment alone with your thoughts or may I interrupt?" Glorfindel asked lightly.

Erestor looked up a little surprised that Glorfindel noticed him and managed to come so close during his musing. "I thought you were with Thranduil..." He said not seeing the blonde elf any longer.

"We parted ways, what we need to discuss he felt should be in private...i wouldn't have minded his presence though, I wouldn't keep secrets from him." Glorfindel said.

"That's good...that you'll be honest with him, don't take this the wrong way but he's changed you somewhat and I believe it's for the better." Erestor paused. "I wanted to apologize for what I said to you earlier...i was out of line and cruel I shouldn't have said such things especially not in front of Thranduil and Terrance." Erestor said.

"I forgive you, you were not entirely wrong in what you said..." Glorfindel said softly.

"I could have tried...but I couldn't bring myself to trust you and that was my fault, you deserved more than that. You were willing to give it up your current lifestyle for me but I simply couldn't allow myself at the time to take any kind of chance." Erestor sighed. "I did love you Glorfindel, very much in fact, that's why it hurt so much to know you were with another so soon..." Erestor looked at him sadly.

Glorfindel deeply sighed. "I loved you too, that's why I took the comfort offered to me, I didn't do it to intentionally hurt you...it just seemed like a good idea at the time was all, and honestly I didn't think you would care." He said.

"Neither did I, you know me though, sometimes it takes time before I realize something...even if it is staring me right in the face...I wish I could have trusted you, you were always honest with me so there was no reason for me to reject you, I was just foolish." Erestor said.

"This feels good, to talk to you again...it's a shame that we couldn't move past our own selves to give one another a chance, although I do think now it was for the best. I wouldn't be with Thranduil now and you wouldn't have Terrance...do you have Terrance?" He asked unsure.

"It's progressing slowly, he's very cautious around me but he's warming up to me...slowly but surely." Erestor said.

"I'm glad for you." Glorfindel said. "I'm sorry about everything that happened between us Erestor, anything I did to hurt you, intentionally or not, I ask your forgiveness." He said.

"Will you grant me the same?" He asked.

"Of course, it already feels as if a weight has been lifted from my heart, besides how could I not forgive you? I honestly miss you and we are together much of our lives so...I forgive you." Glorfindel said.

"And I forgive you." Erestor said walking up to Glorfindel and giving him a brief hug, it felt good to hold him for a moment and he was glad that they had talked this through.

"Let us walk and catch up, I tried to keep myself scarce at the Last Homely House so not to make you uncomfortable around me...i want to know if Elrond is still giving you headaches." Glorfindel said.

"Of course he is, how about you though, you've been training the twins have you not? That must be causing you some headaches as well I'm sure." Erestor said with a slight laugh to his words.




Elrond gazed at Thranduil for a moment, he wanted to know...he wanted to know so badly what it felt like...he gently touched Thranduil's lips with his fingertips, slowly tracing the curvature of his mouth with adapt fascination. They felt so soft...it was too much for Elrond to stand anymore and he leaned over Thranduil's sleeping form and pressed his lips gently to Thranduil's.

Thranduil's lips parted ever so slightly and Elrond couldn't stop himself from slipping his tongue inside the yielding mouth, he tasted so sweet, at that moment all sense of right and wrong were gone. He was so lost in the sensation he almost didn't notice that tentative mouth kissing him back but even then he couldn't bring himself to pull away, he was too far away now to care.

Thranduil could feel someone kissing him, he was still somewhere in-between being awake and being asleep but, regardless, he still kissed back, assuming it to be Glorfindel's lips against his own. Something though about this kiss was different, that heat that consumed Thranduil normally was not there it was a soft warmth. He was about to pull away but hesitated, he felt a hand placed so gently against his cheek and that warm mouth ran across his jaw line and down his neck. In his dreamlike state Thranduil didn't really resist it, it wasn't as if he knew who this was, even so, his body was reacting to this unfamiliar touch. His arms lifted to wrap around the shoulders and pull the face of his lover to his own to kiss him properly.

Elrond startled somewhat his eyes going wide when Thranduil wrapped his arms around him and brought their faces close so that they could kiss, it was more than he could have hoped for and it was wonderful to feel those soft lips kissing hm back.

The slight resistance Thranduil felt caused his tired body to awaken fully as he opened his eyes to stare into not his lover's eyes...but Elrond's.

Thranduil pulled away almost instantly with such force it sent both of them to floor, Thranduil still somewhat shocked and it seemed Elrond was a little surprised as well. "I...I'm sorry...I thought you were Glorfindel, I didn't mean anything by..." Thranduil stumbled with his words as he pulled himself back up to the bed clutching the sheet tightly. Thranduil shook his head, Elrond looked really shocked and it worried Thranduil that he would be angry with him. "I...I'm terribly sorry Elrond." He said.

Elrond looked at him confused, Thranduil wasn't angry with he was actually apologizing to him...why though? "Why are you apologizing?" Elrond asked standing up, by all rights Elrond should be apologizing to Thranduil.

"I thought you were Glorfindel, that's why I kissed you and...I thought you were him, I was half asleep I'm sorry Elrond." Thranduil said.

Elrond shook his head at Thranduil. Apparently he thought he had been the one to initiate the entire ordeal...Thranduil thought this to be his fault. Elrond sighed and stood up sitting next to Thranduil on the bed. "It's all right, you were asleep after all...I was checking your temperature when you grabbed me, I knew there had to be some type of explanation." Elrond paused seeing Thranduil's face flush in embarrassment. "I would have pulled away instantly but it shocked me quite a bit." He added, he couldn't bring himself to tell Thranduil the truth.

"I really am sorry Elrond..." He trailed off a bit. "Where are my clothes?" He asked changing the subject, seeming eager to do so.

"Oh, I had to remove them to see to your injures, blood had soaked somewhat into your tunic and leggings, I needed to access your wounds anyway...nothing major, the bleeding was mainly superficial, although you did hit your head rather hard, thankfully though you'll be fine." He said. "Once you feel up to it you can borrow some of my clothing before you leave." He added.

"I feel fine, a slight sting in my leg and a minor headache but other than that I think I'm okay." Thranduil said.

"You broke into a fever in your sleep from the blood loss, it still hasn't subsided, although I'm sure you are anxious to see Glorfindel I would greatly appreciate it if you were to stay here and rest until the fever leaves you at least." Elrond said. "I will find Glorfindel and tell him of your condition if it pleases you though."

"He'll worry about me if he can't find me, I promised I would meet him back at our talan, I do not want to make ill on my promise to him." Thranduil said.

Elrond smiled. "I'll go to your talan then and leave Glorfindel a note as to your whereabouts, he could be anywhere on the grounds by now, I'll bring us something to eat on my way back. Just stay here and rest, I'll be back soon." He said before leaving Thranduil.

Thranduil took a deep breath as he laid his face in his hands, why couldn't he ever think before he acted, how could he have been so foolish to kiss Elrond. That elf was like a father to him, but over the past few days Elrond had been acting so different around him, Thranduil felt as if he had now only made the situation worse, he didn't want to lose Elrond over simple misunderstandings he would have to talk to him, he couldn't let things stay so ill at ease around them, there was a time Thranduil could say anything to Elrond but now Elrond seemed so nervous around him so Thranduil feared saying the wrong thing to him...Thranduil decided that he would clear up the awkwardness between them once Elrond returned.




Elrond wrote a simple note to Glorfindel and hurried back to his own talan stopping to get some food along the way, he already had a good vintage in his talan. He was slightly concerned to see Thranduil curled up on the bed, wearing one of his robes, with such a somber expression. He was happy to see Thranduil hadn't left, he wanted him to stay...he wanted him close if nothing else.

"Are you feeling all right?" Elrond asked setting the food down on the small table in the room before going to sit next to Thranduil.

Thranduil looked at him questionably. "I was going to ask you the same thing..." He said trailing off slightly. "Has something changed between us?" He added.

Elrond frowned. "Changed? Why do you ask?"

"You're different...the way you speak to me, your body language is so uncomfortable around me now, you hardly even look me in the eye anymore, if you look at me at all...have I done something to make you no longer wish to see me? Am I nothing but a bother to you? I don't wish to lose you but you must tell me what I have done wrong, otherwise I know I'll only do it again and make things worse." Thranduil said truly believing he was the origin of Elrond's behavior as of late.

Elrond shook his head at Thranduil, he wished he wasn't so transparent, he had hoped that he wouldn't notice the subtle changes he had made...but Thranduil obviously noticed and now blamed himself thinking that he had done something wrong in which case he hadn't...Elrond felt his mouth go dry as he stood up and walked over to the table pouring himself a glass of wine.

"You haven't done anything wrong Thranduil." He said taking a large drink from his glass.

"...Really...you say that, yet you leave my side, and you're not even looking at me. Please Elrond talk to me, if I am not the problem then what is?" He asked.

Elrond looked at him, seeing the inner struggle he was having and Elrond took another long drink. "I didn't say you were not the problem, I said you didn't do anything wrong. However, you are the reason I'm acting so out of character I guess." Elornd looked at the sad expression Thranduil now wore. "I don't hate you for it..." He embraced Thranduil.

Thranduil stiffened somewhat from the embrace. "You just said I was a problem though." Thranduil said pulling away from the embrace.

Elrond tilted his head to the side as if contemplating Thranduil's words. "Not really a problem but a cause...I really do wish it could be as it once was, I really do."

"Well...if I didn't do anything wrong, then what did I do?" Thranduil asked if had caused something he wanted to know what.

Elornd gave a short laugh. "You grew up to be most beautiful, I had this image of you from the last alliance...you were so much younger then and I was nothing but a substitute for your father at first then I became a friend through nothing but letters and we haven't even corresponded in years, but now seeing you not needing those things from me any longer I see you differently. " Elrond paused. "You were just yourself Thranduil not much to be done about that." Elrond took a deep sigh. "It's not really a problem as I said, it's the cause of my behavior, you want to know what I'm acting the way I am?" Elrond asked Thranduil. "I shouldn't say, it would destroy what we have now...it's not the right time to discuss such things."

"Folly...and you know it. If you wanted the subject to be dismissed then you would have never said anything, and I refuse to leave things as they are now. I stayed so we could talk but if you refuse then I should go back to Glorfindel." Thranduil said, giving Elrond a moment to think.

"Do you want to destroy us? Why do you so effortlessly want to throw away what we have?" Elrond asked.

"How do you know that's what will happen to us? Have you committed such a terrible crime or sin that I cannot forgive you for? I could never...There was a time in my life that I would throw away everything for you Elrond, my title, my kingdom, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't even have those things, I will always forgive you no matter what." Thranduil said.

Elrond scoffed and turned away from Thranduil. "How can you be so beautiful on the inside? It tortures me knowing that I could practically do anything and I would still have your forgiveness." Elrond said. "You should learn to hate people, it would be easier on both of us if you did." Elrond truly believed that if was able to hold Thranduil and Thranduil hated him for it...that would be easier to handle than forgiveness. Elrond would only abuse Thranduil's love, all the more reason why he didn't necessarily want his love, he wanted to hold him and have him yes, but that wasn't really love it was simply want...that much he knew.

"Is it so terrible that I would forgive you? I still love you and care for you a great deal Elrond that I could not change that fact even if I wanted to. " Thranduil asked.

"I know you love me Thranduil probably the same as I love you...However, the feelings I hold for you have changed...I still love you, how could I not." Elrond paused a moment. "But you are not my son." He placed cupped Thranduil's cheek adoringly as he move a bit closer to him. "I do not want your childish love, and the affection I wish to show you is far from a fatherly one...we have moved past that stage in our lives." He said unable to stop himself from kissing Thranduil.

Thranduil's eyes went wide in shock as he stepped back but only hit the wall behind him, he couldn't seem to move much at all, as if he was paralyzed from the confession Elrond just made. The insistent lips pressed against his forcing him to counter the gentle warmth, Elrond's large hands touching him everywhere, his body reacting to the experts strokes and caresses. Earlier his body reacted to this gentle warmth and now was no different however, why was he responding to this?

Thranduil managed to pull his face away from Elrond's long enough to speak. "E-Elrond please..." Thranduil managed through his trembling breathing. "I...I'm with Glorfindel, I can't do this...this is a mistake." He said pushing Elrond away.

"I don't think so..." Elrond said pushing the robe of Thranduil's shoulders. "I know you love Glorfindel Thranduil, but I'm not asking for anything I can't have, I'm not going to ask you to leave him to be with me...all I want is this." Elrond said grasping Thranduil's arousal making his arch involuntarily into the touch. "From the moment I saw you I have fantasized about you." Elrond breathed hotly in Thranduil's ear.

"Why this?" Thranduil asked pushing against him.

"Why go through with this?" Elrond asked. "Why not? Does it really make much of a difference now? I've already begun a downward spiral with you, can you save us from it...?" Elrond stopped momentarily. "If I stop, what then? Will it erase what I feel for you, will all my wrong doings be amended, will you forget this had transpired? Will you still love me and forgive me...?" Elrond said grasping Thranduil's arms and tossing him to the floor and quickly straddling his waist. "It's too late now, since I will no longer have your love...I'll settle for your hate." Elrond said about to kiss him again but Thranduil's words stopped him.

"I don't hate you Elrond...I could not nor will I ever hate you, even when this is finished between us I will forgive you and I will always love you. Understand Elrond that even if you took me here on your talan floor you would still never have me, I belong to Glorfindel...a simple act of sex, lust, that will not change anything...and I won't hate you for it either." Thranduil said seeing a wave of realization cross Elrond's features. "That is what this is isn't it? Lust, you said so yourself that we haven't spoken in ages much less seen one another how could this be anything more?" He asked, slightly worried yes but his words did seem to be having the effect he hoped for.

All of Elrond's senses came rushing back to him a swift moment and he was so angry with himself now...more than any time beforehand, even when he had touched himself with images of Thranduil he felt even more shame now. He stood up and moved away from Thranduil turning away to hide his face, unable to face those concerned eyes.

Thranduil gave a small sigh of relief when Elrond moved off of him, while he was honest with Elrond he was hoping the older elf would come to his senses and not force himself upon him. He was happy to see that Elrond realized what he was doing before it had become too late. He stood up as well and placed a gentle hand on Elrond's shoulder in the attempt to let him know things were all right.

Elrond shrugged it off and turned further away form him, it seemed no matter what he did he could not keep these impure thoughts and actions toward Thranduil from surfacing and it only seemed to happen when Thranduil was near him which made it all the worse. He didn't want to hurt him or their relationship but at the same time he did, this was a dangerous predicament for them both.

"You can go now and I will not hold anything against you if you never wish to see me again." He said looking away from Thranduil.

Thranduil hesitated only a moment before he embraced Elrond gently from behind. "You needn't be foolish, nothing has changed between us." He said.

Elrond sighed as he gently pulled himself from Thranduil's grasp. "You are too kind for your own good Thranduil...you're not even angry with me, I worry about you for that reason alone, I'm surprised you haven't been dragged into the street and stabbed already...but not before forgiving them." He said shaking his head at Thranduil.

"If my flaw is loving you then I am guilty. You might be right, maybe you don't deserve my love or my forgiveness but if that is true you also do not deserve my hate...there is a very thin line between love and hate Elrond so thin others have been known to experience both with the same individual, but with me, I cannot hate someone I love no matter how much they may hurt me." Thranduil locked eyes with Elrond for a moment and the two simply stood for a while until the silence became less tense and a little more relaxed. "I would like to begin our corresponding once more...do you not wish for that?" Thranduil asked.

Elrond nodded 'yes' slowly. "I think it best that you stay away from me for a while though Thranduil...letters are fine I suppose...but I am not so easily turned from something I desire, right now I believe the only thing holding me back is rationalization, but that is something that will not last forever...I need to move beyond this on my own and I cannot with you here." Elrond said. This night could have turned so terrible but thankfully things did not, Elrond believed that the further Thranduil was from him the safer they both would be.

"Then I will take my leave." Thranduil said taking his clothing and leaving the talan, his clothes were still stained and he only wore a robe but his own flat was not far from this one and he quickly made his way home. When he walked inside he noticed Glorfindel the letter written by Elrond in hand.

"I was just about to go to Elrond's to see you." He said walking up to Thranduil kissing him on the cheek then noticing his clothes in hand and state of dress. "What happened?" He asked concerned.

"I hit my head and my leg got cut, but I'm all right." he said with a reassuring smile which seemed to help. "What about you? Did you and Erestor talk?" He asked.

"Yes, I think we've cleared up a lot that needed to be...should have been cleared a long time ago, but better late than never I guess." He smiled at Thranduil. "Thranduil...when this ceremony is over do you really want me to return to Imladris? I am still willing to give it up if it means that I can be with you." He said.

"I know that...but I don't want you to do that for me. You told me once how beautiful Imladris is, how you miss it when you are required to travel, how you love it...It's your home Glorfindel and you have already lost one house, I do not wish for you to lose another especially not upon my account." Thranduil said. "I cannot leave Mirkwood, I am her King so I am bound to her, but that doesn't mean I cannot travel, my eldest son is more than capable of temporarily taking my place so that I can visit you on a regular basis...and you can travel as well." Thranduil paused taking Glorfindel's hands in his own. "It will be hard at first I know, we are together all day and everyday here...and it will not be that way once the ceremony ends but it will be all right love, we will overcome this and if we are strong enough I am sure that a day will come when we need not to be apart ever again." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel looked at Thranduil seriously. "Do you mean that? That you wish to stay with me, here now, later, and well into the future you wish to be with me?" Glorfindel asked.

"I love you Glorfindel, so of course I wish to be with you.. forever. If the Valar is willing, for I already am...i will be with you always no matter where we go or end up." Thranduil said.

Glorfindel kissed Thranduil passionately. "Then I ask you, bind to me."
End Notes:
I'm no longer going to post elven definitions, unless it very unusual or not commonly seen in other fictions (including this one).
Chapter 12 by Nerwen
“Bind…” Thranduil said trailing off slightly, a little taken aback by this bold proposal. “You wish for us to tie our souls together?”

"Of course." Glorfindel said a little worried by Thranduil's expression, his heart constricting slightly in fear. “You sound a little bit reluctant…I know that we haven’t known each other very long but I have never felt this way about another before not even when I was in love with Erestor did I feel like this.” Glorfindel paused cupping Thranduil’s cheek. “I want to be with you, you and no other.” He said looking into Thranduil’s eyes.

Thranduil smiled placing his hand over Glorfindel’s, he could feel his pulse through that warm hand on his face, it was so fast and he could swear he felt a slight tremble in his fingers…Glorfindel was nervous. “No need to worry love, I will gladly take this step with you.” He moved his face to gently kiss the palm of Glorfindel’s hand. “I’m not reluctant, more surprised that you asked.”

“Why wouldn’t I? All that I have confessed to you has been true, why would I even hesitate” He asked pulling Thranduil into a strong embrace. “I am overjoyed that you have said yes though, for a while I had thought you hadn’t released your wife…so I refrained from asking.” He said seeing Thranduil’s expression change a little.

“There was never any need to release her, we never bound ourselves to one another, I have never been bound to someone else, not Terrance, nor my wife, I never could…although asked by both of them I couldn’t say yes…but it’s different with you, I have no reservations about being yours eternally, forever, I do love you very much, isn’t this what you do when you’re in love?” Thranduil said giving Glorfindel a most passionate kiss.

Glorfindel smiled. “Obviously not as a rule…may I ask why? I couldn’t image you saying no to either one of them, and I know you must have loved them…what makes me different?” He asked.

“It was because I loved them so dearly that I said no, the life I lead and who I am made it almost an impossibility for me to give myself to them fully. My marriage with my wife was arranged by my father and I learned to love her, and Terrance…he was the only other person in my life I considered family.” Thranduil sighed. “When your contacts with others are so limited you form attachments from lack of options, but how I met you was completely by chance and I think that made my feelings for you all the stronger.” Thranduil smiled at him. “It's not that I didn’t love them, a part of me will always love both of them but with you…it’s different because I was given a choice. I could have ignored you if I wished, but I allowed myself the option of getting to know you, you being my choice I believe it made my feelings for you stronger.” He said pausing for a moment.

“I must speak with my children, while I do not require their approval I want their blessing in this union, I need their support if I am to be capable of being separated from you at times…you should speak with Elrond, you belong to him and his family and I do not wish to take you away from that…and I hope you will not throw that life away for me, I want Elrond to know who your heart belongs to.” Thranduil said.

Glorfindel smiled at Thranduil and kissed his forehead lovingly. “Go talk to your children, I’ll speak with Elrond…you should speak with Terrance too.” Glorfindel said although he didn’t need to, Thranduil knew.

“I’ll meet you later tonight, in the talan.” Thranduil said.

Glorfindel smiled. “I’ll meet you there.” He said as the two parted ways.




“Well I didn’t expect this from a councilor.” Terrance said as he blocked Erestor’s next attack, their swords slamming against each other with great force.

“Guess I wanted to surprise you.” Erestor replied as he attacked again being surprised at how agile Terrance was; he blocked what he wasn’t able to dodge and had amazing strength.

“And where exactly did you learn this sword-play?” He said going on the offensive when Erestor lunged at him suddenly.

“I fought in the Last Alliance, as did you, and it’s not as if I could assist my Lord without knowing how to wield a sword, a bow, I’m also skilled in knives.” Erestor said as he lowered his weapon. “I knew before actually speaking with you that you were a warrior, however I actually know you for your sculptures and paintings…not your combat skill.”

“I don’t do that too much anymore…I used too and I miss it but everything I have done recently is not up to standard.” Terrance said, he as a child wished to be a sculptor an artist until his eyes were drawn to the Royal family but his skill did not diminish, the Halls of Mirkwood had much of his sculptures and paintings but nothing as of late had been created.

“Why did you stop?” Erestor asked.

“…Thranduil…he was my main source of inspiration, I have hundreds of drawings and painting of him that I never had displayed or sculpted from a child to an adult.” Terrance paused. “Then I was sent away by his father and when I came back it was…strange…the desire to draw him, make him, he was untouchable by that point with his wife and children and I simply wasn't able to do him justice in my work anymore, he was complete with his wife and children…I couldn’t make him any more beautiful.” Terrance said.

Terrance smiled “I have a surprise for you.” Terrance said a she took Terrance’s hand and led him back to their talan. He reached beneath his bed pulling out a canvas and a charcoal set. “A friend gave this to me as a gift, but I found out easily I have no talent for a canvas but you do, I want a portrait…I want something of you to return with me when I go to Imladris.” He said.

“While I am flattered you would ask this of me I cannot do a portrait of myself I could…attempt a portrait of you if you like though.” Terrance said letting his hand run down the canvas feeling the thick texture.

“Attempt?” Erestor repeated curiously.

“Some things I can draw some I cannot, most of my drawing are scratchy at best I usually only use them as a blueprint for a sculpture they are not normally displayed…” He said looking to Erestor.

“If it’s by you, that’s all that matters to me.” Erestor said.

Terrance gave him a small smile. “Very well…as a favor I will do this for you…” He took the small box of charcoal and set up the canvas to where he would not have to hold it up on his own. It laid flat against the floor as he sat next to it. “Please.” He said gesturing with his hand. “Sit.” He said as Erestor sat facing him on the floor.

Terrance closed his eyes as his hand began to gently run over Erestor’s face, slowly almost sensually over his eyelids his mouth nose and neck, Erestor wanted to move his face with that hand but stayed still, he noticed that Terrance’s drawing hand was moving across the canvas along with the hand on his face it seemed he was able to map out a perfect stroke of the charcoal with simply touching him and he didn’t even need to look to see if it was coming along all right…and it was, it was no wonder he seemed to be partial to being a sculptor not a painter, he had an amazing feel for the human body.

Terrance’s hand was warm and Erestor could feel the scars on his hand as he touched him, but it wasn’t uncomfortable or unnerving the more time he spent with Terrance the more and more he became comfortable with him not caring how he obtained the scars or that they were even there. Terrance began to run his hand through the straight locks of Erestor’s hair making the said elf sigh slightly, he enjoyed his hair being touched for him it was a very sensual action although it was unknown to Terrance, and his focus was more on the drawing than the subject.

Terrance’s hand ran down his neck across his shoulders and down his chest to his abdomen, Erestor wanted him to continue but he had stopped to look at how the portrait was coming along.

“Looks like I can still draw…at least I can still draw you anyway.” He said with a small smile.

Erestor looked at the portrait and sure enough Terrance’s talent shown through with every curve of the coal. He began to sketch and smear the portion of Erestor’s hair and shadows of light across him, and he finished in a short amount of time.

“You said your drawings were sketchy at best…this is beautiful though…” Erestor said moving a bit closer to get a better look at the portrait of himself that was more beautiful than he had ever pictured himself before.

“It's not hard…specifically when my subject is beautiful.” He said although he kept his eyes on the drawing not wanting to look at Erestor although a soft hand on his face forced him to do so.

“I know exactly what you mean.” Erestor said softly before leaning in to kiss him gently.

Terrance hesitated a first but the lips against his were rather persistent and he eventually gave in to the wonderful feeling of those soft red lips kissing his with such passion behind them…a passion he thought lost to him. Terrance was not normally shy around other but this elf was so different than anyone he had ever met before everything he did caught Terrance off guard somewhat, at least in this situation though he knew how to handle this elf.

Terrance pushed against Erestor slightly forcing the other to yield somewhat as he pulled him closer, wrapping one arm around his waist as the other gently held the back of Erestor’s head his fingers tangling themselves in the locks and gently tugging upon them as their kiss intensified.

Erestor gasped lightly when the heat of Terrance’s tongue shot past his lips, he was a fantastic kisser and it was making Erestor swoon his body heating up as he pulled Terrance ever closer to him, not wanting to let go but Terrance pulled away after a moment his breathing heavy as he looked at Erestor contemplatively.

“Why do you look at me like that?” Erestor asked softly.

“Do you honestly want this of me? You know I am bound to Thranduil and his family…they are the only family I have ever known and I cannot sacrifice their love for the love of another…” He pulled away reluctantly from Erestor.

“I have wanted you for years, every cleansing ceremony I wanted to speak to you and now that I finally have been given the chance to know you, and to have you here with me, I’m not so inclined to let you go. So yes I want this of you.” He said kissing him gently. “I want all of you.” He said kissing along his jaw line and neck. “I am not bound to my lord; I would happily go to Mirkwood to be at your side…”

Terrance smiled at the statement but gently pulled away form him again. “I am willing to explore this feeling with you but let us take this slowly; I am not prone to rush into any type of relationship with you…is this a relationship? Are we a couple now?” He asked.

“I’ll have to say yes…I will belong to you if you will belong to me.” Erestor said running a hand down his lovers face.

“Let us seal this with a kiss.” He said leaning in to taste his newfound lover.




Thranduil walked to the tournament grounds; he knew this was where his eldest son spent most of his time although it was his youngest son he found first. Legolas was once again at the archery tournament his skill out shinning all others once more. Thranduil admired him for a moment until the tournament recessed. The youth soon spotted Thranduil and ran up to him practically jumping into his father's arms as Thranduil returned the embrace happily.

“You are doing so well my son, I am so proud of you!” He said setting the young elf on the ground.

“I’m glad you came ada. I wanted you to see how much I have improved; these games are sharpening my skills and brother has promised train me with a sword so I can hopefully compete by the next ceremony.” Legolas said. Legolas' mind usually ran a mile a minute but it alwas pleased Thranduil that his son was so active and alive,

“Your brother is very skilled with a sword, and If he is to train you I’m sure you will learn much, do you know where your brother is? Where either of them are?” Thranduil asked.

“They are both by the river not far from here; they are having a late midday meal and reading…do you want me to take you to them?” He asked.

“The game will start again soon, I wouldn’t want you to miss it, I can find them on my own.” Thranduil said not wanting to spoil his sons possible victory. Not to mention if he was to discuss this with Legolas it was best he did it alone, his other two sons were older they would understand better.

Legolas smiled and hugged his father strongly before he returned to the game. Thranduil watched for a few minutes and then went toward the river to meet with his other two children. It would be easiest to talk to his eldest children first and foremost anyway, Legolas was still so very young that he was still somewhat unsure on how to word it correctly.

Thranduil smiled upon seeing his two eldest together, Lenwë had his head in his brothers lap and was resting comfortably as he read aloud to his older brother. The two of them had always been close to one another, and with Valandil having been studying abroad for the past few years and seeming to enjoy the outdoors so much had and Lenwë hadn't had much time to spend together. It was nice of Valandil to make time for the two of them, Thranduil almost felt a little guilty for having to interrupt them, but it couldn't be helped.

"I'm glad to see the two of you spending time together." Thranduil said smiling at them.

Valandil smiled at his father sitting up slightly. "Join us, I haven't had much time to see you or Lenwë, you still trying to tame your newfound friend?" Valandil teased slightly.

Thranduil scoffed slightly at this. "Glorfindel..." He said softly so both of his children could hear him but not any elf's that happen to be close by.

"Hmmm...so that's what he looks like then, in all my abroad travels and studies I never had the opportunity to really meet him before. I never thought he would be so brazen, I half expected him to be somewhat withdraw but he was awfully forward with you ada." Valandil said.

"But I suppose you came to tell us something about him, knowing his name suggests that the two of you have become closer than even you expected too, right?" Lenwë added. Apparently Valandil had already told Lenwë about the interest some had taken in Thranduil.

"I have spent almost every moment of my time here with him, and the more I know the more I want him...I want him to stay by my side to be with me as a bonded mate." Thranduil paused a moment. "But you, my children, are still the most important people in my life and I will not trade your love for his, I wish to bind to him but not without your blessing in this." Thranduil said.

Both Valandil and Lenwë smiled at this father. "We both wish for nothing but your happiness ada, if he makes you so by all means be with him." Lenwë said. "There is nothing you could do to make us forsake our love for you, our blessing is not required but I give you mine gladly."

"You've been alone much too long, I worry that you are becoming lonely...however I do have some concern for he is bound to lord Elrond and you to Mirkwood, I do not want this relationship to place more undue stress upon you or worse to cause you heartache." Valandil said.

Thranduil smiled at his son. "We have discussed this, and I understand that long distance is not to optimal situation but I will have what I can in this…as long as it is him that is all I care about."

"You have my blessing as well father…I assume you two will bind during the ceremony?" Valandil asked.

"…I want to, although we haven't discussed when as of yet."Thranduil said.

"Have you spoken to Legolas yet?" Lenwë asked.

"No I saw him at the archery tournament but didn't wish to spoil his fun, and I'm trying to find the words to explain it to him, I'm not so sure he understands a binding." Thranduil said Legolas being too young to fully understand the magnitude of this act.

"You should give him more credit, the problem though isn't understanding the initial act it's his mind set that I would worry about." Valandil said.

Thranduil frowned somewhat. "What do you mean?" Thranduil asked.

"Legolas is incredibly dependent upon you father probably due to mother being absent in his life, he has a terrible daddy-complex within you…haven't you noticed?" Lenwë asked.

"…I suppose…I guess it's a good thing that I decided to discuss this with him privately then." Thranduil said. "You fear he wouldn't want me to bind?" Thranduil asked.

"I fear he will see it as giving you away to someone, someone he doesn't know…he might not want to let you go as of yet, he would end up looking upon Glorfindel as the elf that stole his father which would be even worse. His mind set of a binding is that of a father who is giving away their daughter…but in this case it's a son giving away his father, you must word this carefully so he is not to misunderstand the situation, in worry he might not give you his blessing." Valandil explained.

"I don't believe I could bind unless I had his blessing too…if there is any uncertainty in any of you I simply couldn't. I serve you three first and foremost you are the one thing I would never sacrifice no matter how much I wanted something you are all far too important to me." Thranduil said.

Lenwë sta up and hugged his father, "You needn't worry about me ada, I want you to be happy and I don't want you to think for another second that I would want anything less, I am certain in my decision to grant my blessing." He said kissing his father's cheek lovingly.

"As am I." Valandil said as he hugged him also.

The three embraced for a few moments longer before releasing one another. They spoke for a while longer until the archery tournament was drawing to a finish and Thranduil wished to catch Legolas before he ran off again. "I will see you two later, I hope you two get to spend the time you wanted together more often." Thranduil said walking away.

As he walked away he could see his son's settling down once again closer than they should be but farther than they wanted. He knew his two sons were developing more of a relationship than a brotherly affection for one another. This attraction was partly why Valandil traveled so much, he thought it best to distance himself from Lenwë so the attraction wouldn’t grow…but it obviously was impossible to avoid one another during the ceremony. If their relationship did grow he should speak with Elrond, his twin sons grew to love one another and his advice would prove helpful, although he knew deep down that he wouldn’t stop them from pursuing happiness even if it was within one another.

Thranduil took a deep breath and walked toward the tournament to speak whit his youngest son, praying that he would understand and he could bind to Glorfindel and be with him like he was with no other.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=286