About friends and other lovers by Lennon
Summary: It's Valentinin day and Aragorn organizes a great party to meet again all his dear friends, including Legolas, whom he hadn't seen for a while...
Categories: FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1577 Read: 2026 Published: August 07, 2012 Updated: August 07, 2012
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All characters belong to Tolkien, I'd never try to get profit with them. The song "Waiting for the sun" belongs to Jim Morrison and "The Doors"
Dedication: This is a Valentines Day present for my beloved Mercedes, you'll always be my sun.


I know, it starts funny and ends a little weird, but somehow the story came out like that.

1. Chapter 1 by Lennon

Chapter 1 by Lennon
Two years after the fellowship had been broken, Aragorn, nowadays king Elessar, decided to arrange a reunion between his dear friends and himself. As he was such a perfectionist, it wasn't enough for him just to invite to a dinner party, No. He wanted a party as Middleearth had hitherto not seen it. Long was the time he needed for consideration, often his wife, Arwen saw him sitting at his desk, late at night, planning the food, the dance, the invitations etc. In fact, the only thing he was already sure of was the date of the party. Aragorn chose the Valentinin day that was traditionally the day lovers and dear frinds showed their feelings to one another, but he didn't know yet, where his former companions should spend the night. For a moment he thought about sharing a chamber with Legolas in order to talk about long past times all night. Finally, he didn't dare, knowing too well that Arwen wouldn't let him. In the end, he transfered this part of orginisations to his wife. The king rather liked to plan the games. As a special gag, he decided to prononce an archer contest and many other competitions. The first prize should be a kiss. The winner would be allowed to chose one person from the great gallery, where king, queen, steward and the most horable guests like the ring bearer were meant to sit, and kiss her or him. Aragorn didn't think Frodo'd like to participate. Sam neither. Merry and Pippin, maybe. Gimli'd certainly like to measure up with Legolas again, 'though they'd probably partizipate in different disciplines.

The next days, Aragorn ran around with a huge smile, so much was he looking forward to the event. The Gondorians feelings were quite equal, after the long time of fear and despair, it did them well to have parties again. As for the king, besides his happiness he also had to learn what it meant to live with a woman, for Arwen Evenstar had decided, the reunion was just the right opportunity to buy herself new dresses. New, very beautiful dresses. New, very beautful, expensive dresses, which only her personal designer from Rivendell cold create for her. It seemed like winter was going to be hard for the Gondorian people.

Two weeks before the party, Aragorn had received all his guest's answers, he was just startled, because everyone had sent greetings to Arwen, except Legolas. Probably, the elf was just too distracted and had not willingly been unpolite.

Legolas... Gimli and him had disappeared, hardly saying good-bye. That behavior had caused the king many sleepless nights, where he wondered what he had done to the prince of Mirkwood. But he was going to come, so whatever the king's fault had been, Legolas had forgiven him. It almost surprised Aragorn, how very relieved he was. Had the blond archer truely come this near to his heart? Seemingly. So king Elessar decided to spend more time with his elven friend before he'd go to Valinor. Maybe Legolas would like to stay in Gondor for a while after the party was over....

When suddenly a servant asked him to come down for dinner, Aragorn realized he had been thinking about Legolas for more than two hours. How very strange indeed. Had he just thought about their short but tight embrace in the Mines of Moria? Noooooo! Not at all. Time for dinner. Arwen was extremely chatty, talking about how very glad she was to meet her family again, which reminded Aragorn of sending massengers ( very fast massengers) to Rivendell and to invite Elrond and his sons.

The last invitations were just answered in time and so, the day of the party arrived. It was spring, sunny, sunny weather, hardly any clouds and a warm wind blowing softly. The guests arrived during the late afternoon, three days of festivities allowed the hosts to have a dance on the first evening and to start the competition the next morning.

The hobbits had changed very much since their first meeting , Merry and Pippin were about one and a half heads bigger than the other two. They were almost as big as Gimli. Both looked like proud, honnored men, who know exactly about their valour. Aragorn had already heard how very much Meriadoc and Peregrin were appreciated by their people and he was very glad for them. Sam was different, too, for he was now husband and father, a state that twinkled from every feature of his face. Rosy, his wife, nevertheless stayed in the shire, as she was pregnant again. But Sam didn't seem to regret being here. Frodo was more silent than he used to be and very pale, too. Aragorn hoped, the reunion party would do him well. Gandalf was late as usual, therefor he brought Gimli with him. They had spent some time in Moria together, helping to eliminate the last traces of evil there.

At dusk, all the guests were present in the great hall , including Galadrial, Celeborn, Haldir, Eomer, Eowyn, Faramir, Elrond, Elladan, Elrohir and many others that had helped fighting against Sauron. (No, Haldir did not die at Helms deep, that's just gossip.) But there still was one person missing, Legolas. It seemed like nobody had seen him for months. Heavy hearted, king Elessar got up and pronounced the beginning of the dance. That very moment, there came shoutings from the crowd and suddenly a white horse jumped infront of the throne. "Legolas!" "Excuse my lateness, Sir, my deeds in Mirkwood did not allow me to come earlier." Aragorn returned his smile. "At least, you have come. I've already been thinking, how we could possibly have an archer competition without the famous Legolas Greenleaf. Nevertheless, I'd like you to bring away your horse, for my wife is not too fond of the Rohanian custom to have horses in the hall." The rider grinned, then turned his horse and left. He came back thirty minutes later, as the music began to play. Without knowing why, aragorn drank systematically, unable to keep his eyes off Legolas, who despite the rhythm remained seated in gloom and doom.


The competition started very early in the morning, too early for poor, post alcoholic Aragorn. There were about ten contests going in he cold not even remember. He just woke a special winner was supposed to get his kiss. So this is who won what.... Eowyn won the sword fighting, great surprise she kissed Faramir. Gimli won wrestling, great surprise he kissed Galadrial. Pippin won the eating competition. Shyly, he asked Arwen to kiss him. As did almost all the other winners. It was always Arwen, Galadriel, Galadriel, Arwen. Aragorn and Celeborn had already exchanged glances and Aragorn started wondering, whether this kissing stuff really was a good idea. The most exciting one was of course the archer contest, for Legolas, Haldir, Elladan and Elrohir were the most skilled archers in Middleearth and neither of them intended to sacrifice victory. But Legolas was the fittest of them all, and so after two hours of shooting, his last arrow was definetly the sraightest one in the middle of the target. And then came the moment of truth. Whom would the beautiful prince honner with his kiss? Sun or Evenstar? To everyone's surprise, he chose neither of them.

Aragorn hardly knew what happend as suddenly Legolas bowed in front of him saying, "And thus I demand what's mine" , touching his cheek and kissing him softly. Him. The king. Husband of Arwen. First Elessar didn't feel anything, but then, as Legolas'tongue passionatly licked his, he felt something rush through his body and also something harden in his trousers. He got up and rushed away. He didn't care what people thought, he didn't care what Legolas thought, he just wanted to be alone. He remained in his room for hours, not crying, not shouting, not doing anyting but sit on his bed and look at nothing. He was unable to think, unable to feel. "Aragorn? Aragorn!" He had fallen asleep. According to the darkness, it should be late at night. He had let the window open. Legolas must have entered his room this way.

"What do you want?" "Apologize. I did not think that kiss would disturb you that much, I just wanted to once..." "What?" "Feel your lips on mine, Strider. I have been wanting this ever since I first saw you." He hid his face. The blond hair seemed to cover him wholy as he sat there next to Aragorn. Suddenly, they weren't great warriors anymore. They were just foolish boys who could not understand their feelings. Instinctively, the king embraced his friend. He felt hot tears run down his fingers as he caressed that soft cheek. He sighed. Then let himself fall on his back, Legolas' head on his chest. Neither of them said anything. They were too close to spend words. They just fell asleep, waiting for the sun.


Waiting for the sun
Waiting for the sun
Waiting for the sun

Can you feel it, now that spring has come
And it's time to live in the scattered sun

Waiting for the sun
Waiting waiting waiting
Waiting for you to come along
Waiting for you to get my song
Waiting for you to tell me what went wrong

It is a stranger's life I live now

Waiting for the sun
Waiting for the sun
Waiting for the sun
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=3106