Every Breath by Himring
Summary:

Fingon has rescued his cousin Maedhros from Thangorodrim--their thoughts on the subject of obligation and gratitude.


Categories: FPS Characters: Fingon, Maedhros
Type: Hurt/Comfort
Warning: Depressing themes
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 96 Read: 859 Published: February 21, 2018 Updated: February 21, 2018
Story Notes:

Two short monologues (a bit like a duet, although obviously there is no music), rather than a dialogue.

1. Chapter 1 by Himring

Chapter 1 by Himring
Author's Notes:

In terms of my Maedhros series, this is pre-slash, but it can be read independently and then could be read as bromance or slash, whichever you prefer.

Maedhros:

I am beholden to you in every breath I take. They call me ungrateful--do not know I battle to keep breathing.
Although you cut me free, I am tied, might sink under the weight of my obligation, but choose the tie that holds me up and breathe for you.

Fingon:

Were you but free! I saved you at great cost, yet ask no recompense but this: keep breathing.  You lean too lightly against me, let me hold you up! Let who will talk of ingratitude--I will deny all obligation and be beholden to you for every breath you take.

End Notes:

Written for a LOTR Community drabble challenge on LJ on the subject of gratitude. The prompt was: beholden.


Word count: 100 (2 x 50) according to Word.

This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=4014