I've Been Thinking About You by Aglarien
Summary: A wounded Elrohir realizes whom it is that he has been searching for.
Categories: FPS > Elrohir/?, FPS Characters: Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Erestor, Glorfindel
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2019 Read: 1553 Published: November 08, 2008 Updated: November 08, 2008
Story Notes:
Written for the February 2006 Imladris Slash Songfic Challenge.

Gasp! Agie wrote a PG-13!

Disclaimer: Alas, not mine. The great Master Tolkien's estate owns everything. I promise to return his elves when I'm done playing with them. Neither Tolkien's elves or Mariah Carey's song are mine.

Beta: Patricia/Slayer9649. Thank you, Gwathel. All remaining mistakes are mine.

1. Chapter 1 by Aglarien

Chapter 1 by Aglarien
Elrohir awoke with a moan, the pain searing through his leg. "Elladan? What happened? Where are we?"

Elladan swiftly added the water he had heating over the open fire in the center of the cave to the healing herbs that would dull his twin's pain. "You took an Orc blade to the leg." He carefully raised his brother with an arm under his shoulders. "Drink this," he said, holding the cup to Elrohir's lips. "It will help dull the pain." As the injured elf drank, he continued, "The wound is deep, and you have lost a lot of blood." Elladan's voice quivered. "I thought I was going to lose you."

Elrohir nodded and looked into Elladan's eyes. Seeing his brother's moist eyes, he blinked back his own pain-caused tears. "I remember now. You saved me. I saw you...charging the Orc I believed would kill me. After that...it's all black. But you saved me."

Elladan drew a deep breath. "Taking care of the remaining Orcs took some minutes. All the time I could sense you failing, and I feared your lifeblood would flow out before I could get to you. Thank the Valar you lived."

"When? How long?"

"Two days. After I managed to stem the bleeding and stitch you up, it took several hours to put some distance between us and any other Orcs, and most of the rest of the day to find this cave. That was two days ago. I feared it would make your leg worse, but I had to get us away from there."

"I have been unconscious for over two days?"

"Mostly. You would wake occasionally – enough for me to keep pouring the healing tea into you," Elladan answered, glad that Elrohir didn't remember the excruciating pain he had been in each time he awoke. "It started snowing, so we have plenty of snow for water."

"The horses?"

"It is yours that brought us here. Mine...well, the Orcs...."

"I'm sorry, 'Dan. I know how much you loved Bellon."

Elladan nodded. "He was a good friend. But he helped save you. He kept the Orcs away from you – he and Tolon both. That's when...it was fast, and he did not suffer."

"Where is Tolon?"

"Outside foraging. The snow is not deep enough to keep him from finding the grass beneath it, and there are bushes and tree bark he can find easily enough."

"Was the blade poisoned, 'Dan? It hurts so much." Elrohir's face was twisted in pain.

"No, thank the Valar, but the cut was so deep it broke your bones. It will take some time to mend. The herbs will begin to ease your pain in a moment, brother." Elladan didn't tell his twin that his leg was nearly severed, the bones shattered, and he wasn't sure that it would ever heal. "Are you hungry? I made some broth for you, and there is rabbit meat." He had used such a heavy dose of the herbs for the pain that Elrohir would soon be asleep again, and he wanted his brother to eat something before that happened.

Elrohir nodded. "I will try to eat something. How are we going to get home with me like this, 'Dan?" The pain was fogging his mind....or maybe it was the herbs in the tea Elladan gave him. "Maybe you should leave me and take Tolon back for help. The pain...there is something very wrong."

"Help is coming, brother. Do not worry about that now. I will take care of it. Just eat something first." Elladan placed a piece of the rabbit into Elrohir's mouth.

Elrohir managed to eat a small amount of the meat and drink some of the broth before he was once again deeply asleep.

Tolon rejoined the elves in the cave, and Elladan added more wood to the fire before lying down next to his brother and enfolding him in his arms to keep him warm. Closing his eyes, he reached out with his mind, feeling the familiar connection. "Ada, you must hurry. He woke and the pain is great. I can do nothing else for him but to keep him drugged to dull the pain. He needs you."

"We are coming, my son. Soon...we will be there soon. One more day."

"Hurry, Ada. I fear for him."

"Just hold on and keep him safe. We are coming. I love you, my son."

"I love you, Ada." Severing the connection to allow his father to continue the journey, Elladan pulled the blankets closer around his brother and rested.

Elrohir was restless in his sleep, his mind filling with the image of a strong elf who comforted him and held him close. Soft words were murmured in his ears as ebony hair fell around him, shielding his face from view. His voice....his voice was magical...musical...deep and melodious. Long, shapely fingers stroked his cheek, and the soft smell of sandalwood pervaded his senses as warm lips closed over his own....


There's no explaining how I feel inside I'm going through a transformation That's so hard for me to hide I had a revelation that Finally opened up my eyes.


Ebony hair swung aside revealing the elf's face, and Elrohir awoke with a startled cry.

"Are you in pain again, 'Roh?"

Elrohir found it difficult to wrap his tongue around the words he wished to speak. "No, the pain is less. Dream," he mumbled. "Very vivid dream..." Within another moment he was once again asleep.

The one I spent a lifetime searching for Was right here all the time I was oblivious, so very out of touch All the while I couldn't see You're the one that's right for me And now my world has changed I'll never be the same Going 'round and 'round in circles And it's all because of you.


As morning broke, Elrohir once again awoke, and silently watched his brother prepare more tea, and then break pieces of lembas bread into a cup, softening it with the remaining broth. "'Dan?"

"You are awake. How do you feel, little brother?" Elladan moved quickly to Elrohir's side with the tea and broth.

"A little better, I think. The pain is bearable. No more herbs for the pain for now, Elladan. I just want to lie here," Elrohir said.

"All right, but you will tell me if the pain gets worse?" After he received Elrohir's nod, Elladan helped his brother eat the broth and lembas, then let him rest.


I've been thinking about you In the most peculiar way I've been thinking about you It's unbelievable to me But suddenly I think I'm falling in love with you.


Elrohir stared out through the opening the cave, his mind mulling over his dream. Could he really be in love with the darkling elf? How could he not have seen? In all his long years, the elf had been so much a part of his life – almost taken for granted. How could he have been so blind? How could he have never realized before what the magic in those dark eyes was? How they sparkled....just for him.


We've known each other For a long, long time But I never really noticed All the magic in your eyes I've been around you A thousand times before And you've always been a friend to me.


Closing his eyes, he replayed the dream in his mind. The soft ebony hair falling over his chest, strong arms holding him, and petal-soft red lips...


But now I'm wanting more I must have been so blind I never realized You're the one that's right for me All the while I couldn't see And now I feel so strange.


Did those eyes really sparkle for him, or was he simply fooling himself with a drug-induced dream? He remembered being an elfling and always running to those strong arms to share his accomplishments or his hurts. The deep, musical voice, always so full of praise and encouragement, and petal-soft red lips that always kissed his hurts away; the stalwart friend that was always there for him as he grew – offering a sympathetic ear and advice. He would give anything to be held in those arms and never let go.


I'll never be the same Going 'round and 'round in circles And I don't know what to do 'Cause baby I've been thinking about you In the most peculiar way. It's unbelievable to me But suddenly I think I'm falling in love with you.

The day passed, and Elrohir mused and dozed, aided by small amounts of Elladan's tea when the pain grew worse. As dusk started to fall, he heard voices and movement from outside and Elladan suddenly rushed from the cave. A moment later he was cradled in his father's strong arms and the tears he'd refused to shed earlier finally fell. "Ada," he whispered.

"I am here, my son," Elrond replied, his relief at finding Elrohir alive choking his voice in his throat. "My dear son." After simply holding his child for several long moments, Elrond finally said, "I must check your leg now, Elrohir." Looking around the cave until he spied the elf he sought, he said, "Erestor, come and hold him while I work on his leg?"

Elrohir looked up and saw sparkling dark eyes. Strong arms wrapped themselves around him and he sank against the older elf, knowing his dear friend would always comfort him. And a magical, musical voice sounded in his ear.

"I was so worried for you, I thought I should go mad before we reached you."

"Erestor. Just hold me," Elrohir whispered. "Never let me go."

"Never," Erestor whispered in reply, and kissed Elrohir's brow with petal-soft red lips.

"Elrohir, my son," Elrond said, "I must make you sleep now so you will not feel the pain. There is much I must do to repair your leg."

Erestor took the cup from Elrond and held it to Elrohir's lips. "Drink, Elrohir." Elrohir looked up at Erestor's magical eyes. "Will you hold me and not let me go?"

"Always."


Don't you know That you're blowing my mind What you do to me I can't describe I can't hold back anymore I just can't conceal it You're the one I really adore


Elrond slept, exhausted from his long work on his son's leg. His arms were draped around his eldest son, sleeping next to him. Glorfindel and his guards had set up camp outside the cave, the light of their fires beneath the tents spreading a soft glow.

Elrohir awoke to long, slender fingers stroking his cheek and ebony hair falling all around him, and looked into Erestor's smiling face.

"All is well, dear one," the older elf whispered. "Your father has repaired the bones of your leg and you will walk again. Your recovery will be long, but I will be with you to help you. Are you in pain?"

Elrohir shook his head. "Erestor....I want to tell you something," he whispered.

"Tell me, then."

"I love you."

Erestor smiled. "I love you too, Elrohir."

Elrohir frowned. It was the same as they had told each other his whole life.

"No...Erestor....I am in love with you. Lying here, all I wanted was you. All I wanted was to feel your arms around me, and hear your beautiful voice. All I longed for was your lips upon mine. I love you, Erestor. I think I always have, and I never realized it until now. There will never be anyone else for me but you. There never can be. I love you, Erestor, and you hold my heart. Please....do not break it."


I've been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I've been thinking about you
It's unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I'm falling in love with you


Tears streamed freely from Erestor's eyes as he whispered huskily, "You have held by heart since you were but a little past your majority, my beautiful Elrohir. How long I have waited to hear those words. I love you, my Elrohir."

A soft, blissful sigh escaped from the younger elf as petal-soft, red lips closed over his.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=438