At The End by Jean
Summary: Frodo wasn't alone at the end of all things.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Frodo/Sam, FPS > Sam/Frodo Characters: Frodo, Sam
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 464 Read: 1524 Published: April 20, 2008 Updated: April 20, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Jean

Chapter 1 by Jean
Sam pushed Frodo onto the rock, both barely escaping the boiling lava that flowed down the side of Mount Doom. The exausted hobbits lay down for a few moments in order to catch their breath.

At first all Frodo could think about was that it was all over. The ring was gone, destroyed in the firey pit from whence it came, and Gollum along with it. He felt a relief that he thought he'd never feel again. It was as if a great burden had been lifted from him, and he felt lighter, both in body and spirit.

Sam, too, was relieved. His master was no longer burdened, and had smiled for the first time in what seemed like years. And this meant they could soon leave this place, and go home. Sam could barely remember what home looked like. But at least Frodo was alive.

Frodo closed his eyes. "I can see the Shire, Sam," he said, his voice hoarse. "I can see the sun...and the grass...and the flowers...Bilbo's party tree..." his voice trailed off.

"And the stream, the wind, late nights at the Green Dragon," Sam finished for him.

Frodo smiled as he sat up. He leaned on Sam, on arm around his friend's shoulders. "I'm glad your with me, Samwise Gamgee, at the end of all things." He said.

"Thanks, Frodo," Sam said. "I'm glad I could help."

Frodo leaned in closer, until his face was inches from Sam's. "Oh you helped, you've no idea how much." He kissed Sam, like he'd wanted to for so long. There had always been something holding him back from revealing his feelings. The fact that Sam was lower in station then him (though Frodo had never cared much for that) and then the whole rumor about Sam and Rosie being promised to one another. Then the whole business with the ring had definitly taken precedence, and it didn't seem right to bring it up while they were all counting on them to destroy it. But now that it was all over, Frodo was tired of being patient.

He pulled away to let Sam breathe. Sam looked surprised, but not displeased. "I love you, Sam, I have for a long time now. I hope you can find it within your self to love me, even after all we've been through."

Sam smiled. "I've loved you since I first met you. You we're always so kind to me, and accepted me."

Frodo felt as though his heart had wings. He kissed Sam again, more insistanly this time.

Soon, though, they were tired, and lay down to rest. Snuggling up against each other they soon fell asleep. That was how Gandalf and the Eagles found them a few hours later.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=79