An Excellent Game by JDE
Summary: After the gloomy White Council, Elrond discovers that there is excellent game to be had.
Categories: FPS > Thranduil/Elrond, FPS, FPS > Elrond/Thranduil Characters: Elrond, Thranduil
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1393 Read: 3741 Published: February 08, 2009 Updated: February 08, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by JDE

Chapter 1 by JDE
"The will of the White Council is that we do not attack Dol Guldur this year", Saruman's suave, deep voice declared.

Elrond cursed under his breath and leant back in his chair unhappily. He had been so sure that the wizard could be convinced of the need to attack immediately. Morosely, he glanced at the other members of the council. Gandalf and Galadriel were impassive as usual. Glorfindel looked displeased, but he was doing his best to conceal it. Cirdan seemed resigned.

Across Elrond, the Mirkwood delegation sat. They were the ones who should be most worried about this, but Elrond could find no trace of resentment on Thranduil's fair features as he explained something in a low, melodious voice to Celeborn, his kinsman. Elrond raised an eyebrow; if he had been Thranduil, he would be very worried about the situation.


Elrond finally escaped from the celebratory dinner. He had enough of Saruman's polite conversation and Gandalf's pipeweed to last him an Age. As he stepped out into the woods, he thought about Saruman's decision again. He was so deep in his ponderings that he did not even realise he had strayed far from his familiar haunts until he heard someone calling his name.

He turned back to find Thranduil, the king was dressed plainly in green robes that contrasted richly with his golden features.

"Where are you going?" Thranduil caught up with him.

"I am not sure, My Lord", Elrond shrugged, as he tried to gauge his companion's mood. He had always retained a soft corner for Thranduil despite the ugly spats following the death of Oropher and Gil-Galad. But he feared Thranduil's volatile temper.

"It is, of course, none of my business", Thranduil said politely, "I merely wanted to make sure that you did not cross the borders unarmed."

"I think I should turn back", Elrond sighed, "I don't even know where we are. And you, My Lord?"

"I was walking under the trees hoping it would soothe my mind", Thranduil smiled sadly, Elrond wondered how the fair features could become fairer when lit by a simple smile, Thranduil continued, "Then I saw you walking away from the city. I was concerned."

"I don't agree with Saruman", Elrond said plainly, "Dol Guldur has to be eliminated."

"I am glad that you agree", Thranduil said sombrely, "But my realm cannot do much now except to be wary."

"Thranduil", Elrond wondered if one of those famous temper eruptions would occur, he had never addressed the king by name before, "I will gladly pledge my aid to your people should you ever need it."

"Thank you", Thranduil bowed, "I would like to say that I will never need that aid, but I cannot. Dol Guldur is draining me."

"Yes", Elrond said absently, "You look paler than you did five years ago."

Thranduil laughed saying, "Indeed, Elrond! Who would have expected you to notice such things about me?"

Elrond smiled grudgingly and said, "What news of your son? My twins were very upset that they were not able to drag him on their orc-slaying travels this winter."

"He is needed to lead our warriors", Thranduil sighed, "I was wounded a few months ago. So he has taken my place in the army. Too young to bear responsibility, but there is nothing I can do. I think he envies your sons their freedom."

Elrond placed a reassuring hand on Thranduil's wrist, he was quite surprised when Thranduil did not move away. The king hated to be touched, or so he had heard from his sons, who were the main source of gossip in his home, their travels giving them hands-on news of every elven realm.

"We were young when we took up the reins", Thranduil said quietly, "And that has not brought us any measure of happiness."

"You are not happy?" Elrond asked incredulously, "You are the last person I would have expected to hear that from! Your subjects adore you; your son worships you, all of us respects you, what more will it take to make happiness?"

"I don't know", Thranduil shrugged, "I suppose I have all these foolish notions regarding perfect happiness. You are not happy either."

"I don't think I know how to be happy", Elrond smiled, "I am born to worry."

They had finally reached the city. Thranduil smiled and took Elrond's hands in his own. He brought them to his lips and kissed them. It was a traditional leave-taking of the Sindar. Elrond knew that, yet he felt a fluttering in his stomach.

When Thranduil released Elrond's hands, their eyes met. Elrond stared into the deep green eyes and tentatively reached out a hand to straighten the slight wrinkle on Thranduil's collar. He let his fingers stray and closed his eyes as he felt the warmth of the body beneath the soft, silken robes.

"Elrond?" Thranduil asked softly.

"I am sorry", Elrond hastily made to withdraw his hand, a blush staining his features. He was surprised when Thranduil's hand closed in on his own, holding it where it was, above Thranduil's chest.

"Don't be", Thranduil murmured, "I would like this."

"Your chambers or mine?" Elrond asked a question that had not left his lips for centuries, not since Gil-Galad's death.

Thranduil's pale cheeks turned a shade of rose before he breathed, "I would prefer the woods. Come, I know a place where we won't be interrupted."

"Have you tried there before?" Elrond asked with a shade of jealousy. He knew it was childish of him to ask that, this was merely an impulse on both sides with no meanings attached.

"No", Thranduil laughed, "I know of it because I interrupted a couple here a few years ago."

Elrond exhaled the breath he had been holding and said lightly, "And what makes you think that we won't be interrupted the same way?"

"We seem to be the only restless souls this night", Thranduil offered as he led Elrond to a glade.

Elrond looked around carefully. The last thing he wanted to do was to get caught and be taken to Celeborn.

"Are you getting cold feet?" Thranduil asked quietly, uncertainty flickering in his eyes as he placed a hand on the trunk of the nearest tree.

"Not a chance", Elrond said firmly.

He moved to take Thranduil's lips in a passionate kiss. His hands were deftly undoing the green robes. Thranduil had already finished with Elrond's robes and was now eagerly moving his hands on Elrond's body.

They broke apart for air. Elrond leant onto a tree trunk to admire the sharp contours of Thranduil's body. When he looked up into Thranduil's eyes, he saw a strange vulnerability warring with lust.

"I have never gone the entire way before", Thranduil answered Elrond's raised eyebrow.

"I have", Elrond moved to twine his arms around Thranduil's body, he dropped his voice into a low, seductive tone and whispered in Thranduil's ear, "And I promise you, it is a slice of Valinor. But since we are in the woods, we cannot go the full way."

"That is boring", Thranduil huffed, but then gasped as Elrond's hands and tongue began exploring his body in earnest.

Elrond gently helped the king to lie on his back on the soft grass. Then he renewed his attentions, making Thranduil writhe and squirm underneath him. A few moments later, a panting Elrond wished that he could paint the scene in the glade. The golden body of the king and Elrond's half-elven form entwined in sated relaxation.




Morning

Elrond hummed a merry tune as he swaggered to the parting breakfast. Across him Thranduil seemed made of gold and sunlight, his features glowing resplendent.

The king's green eyes were filled with mirth as he leant across the table and whispered, "So?"

"So, I understand that you scream worse than my young daughter", Elrond whispered back, "I imagine many an elf would have been most curious about the marvellous range of sounds you managed to produce."

"I don't scream", Thranduil retorted, "Anyway, screaming is far better than grunting. Grunting, Elrond, is animalistic."

"So?" Elrond asked smiling.

"So I wish to invite you to my lands in the summer. There is excellent game to be had", Thranduil whispered.

"I will come, first day of summer", Elrond ran his eyes meaningfully on Thranduil's robe-encased body, "There is most excellent game to be had, My King."
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=829