Change Your Mind by Gij

[Reviews - 1]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Liv's right arm hurt. A lot, if we are to be strictly factual. It hurt to the point of making picking up things go into the realms of the near-impossible, at least if she didn't want to yelp in an embarrassing manner while doing so.

So, instead, she was trying to pick up her coffee with her left hand. The problem of this was she then had no spare hand with which to add sugar, and the attempt to do so inevitably lead to her dropping the coffee cup and burning herself.

"Fuck!" she swore, bending down, not to get the empty paper cup, but to inspect the damage to her Elfin boots.

Another pair of boots swaggered into her vision. "Problems, Princess?"

Liv groaned, getting up. Not only because her shoes were possibly irreparable, but because of all human beings, she didn't really want to see Miranda right now. Not because of anything personal, but because Miranda had been lofting a sword around for weeks now, and Liv felt a little pathetic knowing that a few hours of holding the stupid thing above her head had her in some serious pain.

"Hi, Miranda." She said reluctantly, holding her right arm with her left lest it start its sudden and unhelpful twinge-ing again with warning.

Miranda's eyes took her in, from coffee-stained boots to cradled arm to less-than- happy expression. "Is that just caffeine deprivation, or do you really not want to see me?"

"No!" Liv exclaimed immediately. "I mean, no. I mean... caffeine deprivation, right." Idiot. She hissed at herself. You didn't want her to see you be pathetic, so instead you let her think you're an idiot! Wonderful!

Green eyes evaluated her thoughtfully. "Do you want to do something about your arm?" she asked bluntly.

Liv blinked, then winced when somehow that inestimable movement somehow made itself felt in her arm. "Huh?"

"Your arm." Miranda repeated. "You've been cradling it against you for at least an hour now, alternately scowling and dropping things." She elaborated.

Liv blushed. She'd hoped that maybe no one, more specifically the blonde in front of her, would notice her wincing and general patheticness. Apparently not.

"S'okay." Miranda reassured her. "My arms killed after all that damn sword fighting, and I got weeks of practice. Lots of time whacking stuntmen. Fun."

Liv smiled tentatively. "Um, yeah. It... hurts." She stammered. Being around Miranda made her feel about twelve years old. In other words, kinda nervous. In a good way.

Miranda smiled brightly. "Let's do something about it then!" she exclaimed, taking Liv's hand and starting to bounce off.

Liv yelped.

"Ooh, sorry. Other arm."

<hr>

Liv lay belly-down on Miranda's double bed, head turned to one side. She wasn't entirely sure why she'd had to remove her shirt just so Miranda could make her arm feel better, but the for some reason the idea of being shirtless in Miranda's room... with Miranda... made her tummy go wibble.

"So, um... so, what are you planning on doing to me?" she asked, suddenly aware of the long silence. Craning her neck a little further, she could see Miranda all but staring at her, an odd expression on her face. "Miranda?"

Miranda shook her head as though to clear away a thought. "I'm fine. Totally. And what's more, I am going to massage your aches and pains into submission."

"Oh." Liv said faintly. Miranda's hands... on her... while shirtless... oh.

"And failing that, I have a back-up plan." Miranda said cheerfully, apparently oblivious to the extremely R-rated thoughts now going through Liv's head.

"Yes?" Liv managed to ask.

"I'll just distract you til the pain goes away."

She can't possibly mean that the way you're thinking, so behave! Liv told her hormones.

 And then Miranda was kneeling on the bed above her, and her hands were warm and firm and gentle and on her and the pain was still seriously there but it didn't matter.

"Mmmmmph." She groaned into the pillow.

Miranda stopped. "Am I hurting you too much?" she asked with obvious concern. "I can stop."

"No!" Liv nearly yelped. "No, I mean, it's fine, and, you're good, and don't stop because it still hurts and you promised to make it stop, and... yeah. Don't stop." She ended, breathing heavily and aware that her speech had been somewhat lacking in actual reason. Miranda didn't seem to mind.

"Mmmmmmmk." She said, moving her hands once more. Up to the shoulder blade, and using her knuckles to rub in circles, then pressing on a nerve in her upper arm, then strong fingers kneading her biceps. Liv twitched, thrashed and spasmed by turns, but Miranda didn't stop again.

Liv's arm was a blazing centre of nerves. Fuck that, her entire body was a blazing centre of nerves, in pain and stretched to the limit and painfully aware of everywhere Miranda was touching her, warm hands on her arm, tips of her hair touching Liv's back, one knee casually pressed against her stomach. Her knuckles dug into her bicep once more and Liv suddenly stopped all movement, yelped, and spasmed again.

"I think you're done, honey." Miranda said when Liv could hear again.

"Jesus." Liv panted. She rolled onto her back so she could stare up at Miranda, utterly exhausted, and totally turned on.

Miranda's face was a little red from exertion, and wisps of her hair had escaped her long braid and framed her face. She had a hand resting on Liv's belly; skin callused from her sword work, but soft.

"I think I love you." The words seem to escape her without conscious volition, and Liv blushed.

Miranda grinned. "Bet you say that to all the girls who make you squirm in a bed." She looked meaningfully down at her hand still on Liv's belly, let it slide a little higher.

Liv reached down, covered the hand with her own, aware once more of her semi-nakedness, and now of Miranda's reaction to it, to her admiring glances. With her other hand, she pulled Miranda down to her and kissed her.

For a long, heart-wrenching moment, Miranda didn't respond. Then her mouth opened and her tongue came out, entangling gently with Liv's, her hand coming up to cradle Liv's face, stroke her hair. No hard edges here, just gentle tongues and bodies and shared breath.

They break apart, breathe heavily into each other's faces, place kisses on heated skin.

"Changed your mind, princess?" Miranda mutters into Liv's collarbone as she worries at it with her teeth.

"Huh?" Liv says, her brain now totally wiped by hormones and lust and how much she wants this woman, now, beneath her.

"You said you thought you loved me. Would you like to revise that now?" Miranda asks, her hands drifting down Liv's sides.

"How about you ask again after you make me squirm." Liv suggests.