Natul Poika (Becoming Pure) by Nerwen

Thranduil awoke to the soft even breathing of Glorfindel; they were still on the outskirts, in that beautiful spot they had made love within. Thranduil gave a deep contented sighr30;everything was going so well, he hadn't been in love like this in such a long time. His solitude and loneliness simply seemed to melt away with Glorfindel, granted he had his children and he had Terrance who would never deny him company but there were things one could only share with a lover and Glorfindel filled that void with warmth and light so bright that Thranduil thought he would burst at times. He knew that he put himself in his solitary position in the first place, partly it being his fault for not allowing anyone too close for fear of dishonoring his wife and his own foolish fear of being hurtr30;but he could put all those fears to rest now.

Although it was not a happy thought Thranduil knew that their time together was limited and being so far apart was going to hurt them both, but he was not going to throw away this love, every love must go through tests, and if being apart was one of their trials so be it. Thranduil sighed and began pulling his clothing back on. He walked back to Glorfindel and gently shook him awake, they shouldn't linger too long on the outskirts, and they needed to get back to the grounds. Glorfindel groaned a little but nevertheless sat up and seeing Thranduil already fully dressed he followed suit.

"I forgot for a moment you are one who rises with the sun." He said standing and stretching as he did so, he never would understand morning risers.

"By force of occupation love, I haven't the choice really." Thranduil said. "I don't understand why you are not the same you are warden of Imladris." He added.

"True, but my duties do not require me to rise early, more or less they require me to stay up late, and I make sure the house is in complete safety before I rest myself, so I tend to sleep in." He said as they made their way back to their talan.

Thranduil stopped just short of their flat and pulled Glorfindel along with him away from their talan, "Let us take a walk, the mornings are quite here let us enjoy the scenery and serenity before the population rises." Thranduil said holding out his hand which Glorfindel took.




Erestor shifted away slowly before he rolled to his side greeted by the sleeping face of Terrance, his eyes open but unseeing, as most elf's tended to do, when they slept, very few closed their eyes when sleeping. Erestor smiled this was the first time that Terrance had decided to share the bed with Erestor up until now he had declined every invitation, but last night he had said yes. It was nice to have him so close by, to know that this cautious elf was comfortable enough around him now to share his bedr30;although far from comfortable enough to touch him.

Terrance didn't seem like someone who would make any type of advances without persuasion to do so, he was shy in some aspects of his life, harboring those feelings toward Thranduil was proof that he had trouble with speaking his mind if rejection was a possibility. The only reason he spoke to Thranduil in the first place was because of Glorfindel, not really because he wanted to but because it would be his last chance. Erestor hoped that he could gain this elf's affection they way Thranduil had, and with any luck Terrance would tell him if and when that time came.

It was still early and he knew Terrance would wake soon, Erestor himself was not really a morning riser nor a late riser he found a pleasant medium, Terrance rose early because Thranduil did and as Terrance's duty to protect him he needed to be by his side. Erestor carefully lifted himself from the bed and deftly slipped on more appropriate attire before leaving, he didn't wish to wake Terrance and honestly Erestor was tired of waiting to run into Glorfindel he wanted to make amends now, there was no sense in putting it off more so than he already had.

As he walked he spotted Glorfindel in the distance with Thranduil. Erestor gave an audible sigh, he could easily see why Terrance loved him so, and why Glorfindel adored him as well, Thranduil was almost painfully beautiful and as history taught he was a brave warrior and a wise and gentle king, even adored by his people and his children which was hard earned. He managed to keep his land safe without a ring of power or aid from the other elven kingdoms yet he held his own very wellr30;there was no comparison between Erestor and Thranduil they were vastly different from one another even in age, especially in appearance, and the lives they lead. Erestor shook away those thoughts being jealous of Thranduil was pointless after all Terrance was in his bed not Thranduil's, and Erestor had rejected Glorfindel everything was playing out okay and now he would hopefully be able to mend the relationship between Glorfindel and himself.




Thranduil smiled fondly at Glorfindel as they walked in silence simply enjoying the crisp morning air and the awakening forest, until a sigh caught his attention and he immediately noticed Erestor. Erestor had his face turned away from them and seemed lost in thought but even so Thranduil thought it a good opportunity to give Glorfindel a little push to talk with the raven haired councilor once more. Thranduil let go of Glorfindel's hand and motioned to Erestor.

"Will you speak with him now?" Thranduil asked.

"This might be a meeting of pure chancer30;I think it is too soon." He replied shaking his head.

"I don't think sor30;and even if it is chance, all the more reason to speak to him, do not pass up this opportunity love, speak to him, after all he is now connected to someone who is very important to me." Thranduil smiled. "You told me once that if it mattered to me it would matter to you as well, this matters, so please speak with him." Thranduil added.

Glorfindel sighed but nodded at Thranduil's request. "I will meet you at our talan later?" Glorfindel asked.

"Of course." Thranduil said as he walked in the opposite direction the conversation between Erestor and Glorfindel did not involve him, and hopefully they would work something out and a new friendship would begin.




Thranduil went back to the outskirts, he felt safer on the outside of the forest and it did limit his contact with others, most were in the center of the forest where activities and games were held, not to mention where the meals took place. Here he could simply enjoy his own company and not be bothered at least not as much, he always ran into one or two elves, pleasantries were exchanged then they went their separate ways most who were on the outskirts also wished to be aloner30;although there was always one who wished to disturb the solitude.

"I must ask, why is you are all alone?" A voice spoke from behind Thranduil.

Thranduil turned to meet sharp ice blue eyes staring into his own, he didn't recognize this elf at all, he had shoulder-length brown hair done up in a somewhat messy braid, he had a strong tall stature, and it seemed as if he just stumbled from his bed, no he had never seen this elf before but he shook that thought away. "Simply enjoying the scenery." He replied politely and usually that's where the conversation would end but once again he was dragged into another questionr30;much the same way Glorfindel had baited and lured him into a conversation.

"Do you not think it would be more beautiful with another set of eyes to look with?" The elf said stepping forward and racking his eyes over Thranduil's form.

"That would be truer30;" Thranduil gritted his teeth not appreciating the leering he was receiving. "Yet your eyes seem to have wandered elsewhere, toward something you will not obtain." He stated firmly, Thranduil was now spoken for, not bonded but still not available.

The elf in front of him frowned, looking at him intensely. "You are not bonded to another, which is easily seen by trained eyes, in which you are free to accept advances are you not?" He asked if only to be sure.

"I have not bonded as of yet, although I am spoken for, regardless of this though I am not interested I prefer my solitude." He said about turning away although quickly surprised when the elf behind him grabbed his elbow spinning him around to face him.

"That remark was uncalled for, am I so terrible looking you must turn away from me?" He asked obviously angry but Thranduil was unsure as to why.

"Unhand me, you have no right." Thranduil said trying to pull his arm away in which case the grip only tightened.

"Nor do you, insulting me like that!" He growled.

"Insulting? " Thranduil asked confused still trying to pry himself free. "If I insulted you I am sorry that was not my intent." He said.

"You should repent for your actions." He said suggestively.

Thranduil glared at the elf who held him. "Now it is you who should apologize, I will not be treated in such a way by anyone."

"I am not simply anyone, my station is of high rank and i will not be intimidated by an arrogant child." He said his grip only tightening.

Thranduil winced at the painful hold the elf had on his arm, he could get into a heated argument with this elf but he didn't want that he simply wanted to be left alone...not to mention if this elf chose to become forceful he wasn't so sure it was a battle he could win. this elf was easily twice his size and the grip he had on his arm proved he was strong, and they were alone no other elfs were usually up at this hour nor would they be on the outskirts most that happened to be awake were probably enjoying morning meal.

"Please...release me." Thranduil said and the elf for a moment seemed to consider this however,r without warning he lashed out striking Thranduil so hard he fell to the ground.

The blow had dazed Thranduil as he tried to stand but found he couldn't, he felt his head noticing blood on his fingertips, when he fell he must've hit his head on something, the blow itself set his cheek aflame but it wasn't enough to break his skin. He looked up through hazy eyes to see the other elf with a somewhat scared expression as he turned and ran away. Apparently him striking Thranduil hadn't entered either of their minds and the action surprised him so that apparently he thought it best to leave the situation rather than deal with it.

Thranduil managed to bring himself to his feet but only made a few steps before he fell to the floor again, he felt a sharp pain in his leg a shallow cut running along his calf. He shook his head angrily trying to clear it, he wasn't able to balance himself and his vision was becoming less focused as he tried to clear the fog in his mind. He felt something hot run down his temple, he was bleeding from the wound on his head, the blood was flowing rather freely...he must have really hit his head hard as it ran down his neck staining his tunic, he needed to get help somehow but he couldn't even walk at the moment, and he was so tired...if only for a moment...he couldn't fight the need any longer as he closed his eyes and went to sleep.




Elrond walked the early paths of the ceremony grounds, he enjoyed the mornings more than any other part of the day, listening to the forest wake was a treat and he savored it, breathing in the crisp air, watching the fog dissipate and eventually disappear, and the sun rising over the canopy of trees producing sunbeams all around...it was a fantastic sight.

His thoughts were interrupted as he was knocked to the side rather violently as an elf ran by him a little too quickly, there was really no need to rush anywhere especially at this hour. He looked in the direction he came from and followed his path curiously. The unconscious elf on the ground confirmed his suspicion about the elf as he quickly went to help the poor creature.

When Elrond discovered that this elf was Thranduil he had half a mind to chase after the elf that had done this but he couldn't simply leave Thranduil out, bleeding the way he was, so Elrond hurriedly took Thranduil to his talan, he wasn't sure where Thranduil was lodged and his talan was very nearby. Once safely inside he began treating Thranduil's wounds. He didn't have many, the head injury and a few scraps, thankfully the bleeding was mostly superficial although it did soak into Thranduil's tunic forcing Elrond to remove it. The cut up his calf was shallow but it still bleed through his leggings and the wound itself did need to be wrapped so he removed them as well.

Elrond ran a cool washcloth over Thranduil's face and chest where the blood had ran as he slowly cleaned the elf before him, wrapping the wound and washing Thranduil's hair of the blood. He had scrapes up and down his legs as if he had fallen a few times and Elrond treated the minor injuries after tending to his major ones. When he finished he wrapped Thranduil in a blanket and took him to his bed. He wished he could have seen that brutal elf do this, then he could extract some type of vengeance upon him for hurting Thranduil. Not to mention, where was Glorfindel while this was happening? He was supposed to be protecting Thranduil from such things, how long would Thranduil have just been lying there if he had not been there to help him?

He brushed some hair out of Thranduil's eyes and gently stroked his cheek with the back of his hand. Elrond knew from experience that Thranduil would be okay, he probably shouldn't have fallen asleep because the wound on his head suggested he had a concussion but there was nothing to be done about it now. Thranduil looked exactly as he did when he was child as he slept, oblivious to everything abound him and content in his dreams, Thranduil always slept soundly, a night-owl and a early-bird at the same time. Elrond sighed and stepped away from Thranduil, he should...he should go see Glorfindel tell him what happened, shouldn't he? Glorfindel somehow managed to make Thranduil happy and Elrond decided to let them be for now anyway, he would bide his time before he attempted anything he was almost positive Glorfindel's faithfulness wouldn't last...but now Thranduil was here with him so defenseless and so very beautiful...it couldn't possibly hurt to know, could it?
Chapter end notes: Sorry to leave it there, I know this chapter was a but shorter than the other but I wanted a little input on your view's, I'm trying not to make Elrond a bad guy in this fic, so should he take advantage of Thranduil a little while he sleeps of just leave him alone? Like I said I'm trying to turn him into the bad guy but sometimes I can't resist making him just a little bit evil, anyway please review with your suggestion, I always greatly appreciate reviews! Thanks to all my reviewers!