Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Story notes: Warning: Sappy, fluffy, feely touchy romance ahead.
He urged his horse as fast as it could go praying he would make it. He gripped the still form in front of him harder hoping he would be ok. He saw the river border coming up and smiled grimly. They were not to late! There was still hope. He ran his horse across the river and up the bank on the other side. Suddenly two dozen elvish archers surrounded him. He looked around until he saw one he recognized.

"Elladan! Please I need your fathers help. Please let me pass."

Elladan looked at him "Who are you? How do you know me?"

He realised that he still had his hood over his head. They could not see him. Reaching up he tore the hood away from his face.

"Please help me." Aragorn pleaded. "My friend is wounded. He will not last long."

Elladan nodded he turned and shouted to someone in elvish. "Go." he said.

"Thank you." Aragorn hoped it was not to late.

He kicked his horse into a run fervently praying. Hoping his friend would not die. He saw the short footbridge that signaled the entrance to Rivendell.

He brought his horse to a stop he dismounted and gently lifted his friend to the ground. He could see Elrond and Arwen hurrying to meet him. He laid his friend on the ground and clutched t his still hand. Elrond swiftly knelt down by him.

"What happened?" Elrond asked as he assessed the wounds.

"We were half way here when we were ambushed by orcs. I did what I could but he is beyond my skill to heal." Aragorn said.

"How long has he been this way?" Elrond looked grim.

"Three days."

Elrond picked up the still elf and walked swiftly toward his healing chambers. Arwen and Aragorn followed.

"Who is he?" Arwen gently asked.

"A friend who saved my life once or twice. His name is Legolas." A single tear fell down his cheek.

Arwen lifted her hand and softly wiped it away. "He has a great strength in him." Arwen concluded.

"Yes he does." Aragorn whispered glancing at the still form. He turned away as tears fell down his face.

"Come." Arwen said. "You can do no more here. You need food and rest. Let us go and let my father work."

Aragorn simply nodded and let Arwen lead him away.