Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Elrond carefully lays Legolas down on his bed before sending off for hot water. Slowly Elrond strips Legolas of his blood stained clothes. He wrapped Legolas up in a sheet before gathering all his supplies. Elrond bound up the cracked ribs, bandaged the various cuts and scrapes, and applied salve to the bruises and sore muscles. Legolas lay still and slient throughout the treaments. He allowed Elrond to wash his hair, scrub his body, and slip him into a sleeping robe. Elrond babked the fire and put out all the candles till there was only a soft glow. He settled behind Legolas and he pulled him into his arms. They lay like that for several minutes before Legolas broke the silence.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked anxiously.

"Valar no! Why would I be mad at you?" Elrond held LEgolas closer and he stroked his hair.

"It's my fault what happened.... I didn't fight him hard enough. I.....I......I....." Legolas trailed off sobbing.

Elrond turned Legolas till they were facing. "It was not your fault Legolas. You upheld your honor as a warrior." Elrond kissed Legolas lightly before he embraced him.

Legolas cried at these words. Elrond wasn't mad at him and he didn't think it was his fault! Clutching at his love Legolas cried and told of how he felt. How violated, humiliated, embarrassed, and dirty he felt. Elrond listened to all Legolas had to say, he let the other elf purge his feelings.

"These are perfectly normal feelings Legolas. I... we will help you in any way we can." Elrond assured him.

"We?" Legolas was confused.

"Me, my sons, and all the elves of Imladris."

"Oh...." was all Legolas said as reverie took him away.




The days passed swiftly and both Frodo and Legolas recovered but not completely. Frodo would always bear the scar from the nazgul blade. Legolas would always carry the emotional scars and he was still uncomfortable around humans. Legolas sat qmong the elves on the day of the council meeting. His anger rose as he heard the man Boromir insult his friend Estel.

"And what would a mere Ranger know of such things?" Boromir sneered.

"He is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn son of Arathorn!" Legolas snapped jumping up. "You owe him your alleigence."

The look on Boromir's face was priceless. "This is Isuldur's heir?" he asked stunned.

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas couldn't help pointing out.

Aragorn turned to him and ordered him to sit down in elvish. Frowning Legolas sat down wondering if he had done the wrong thing. Boromir muttered something before he sat down. Council contiuned on until the hobbit Frodo volunteered to take the ring to Mt. Doom. Gandalf said he would go then Aragorn pleged his sword to the young one. Legolas knew an elf had to go and he found himself standing and pledging his bow to the hobbit. He went to stand next to Frodo as he looked over to Elrond. Elrond was looking at him sorrowfully with unshed tears in his eyes. Legolas knew he was thinking about the last time he faced Sauron ho he had lost Gil Galad. Predictibly the clumsy dwarf pledged himself as did the human Boromir. Legolas grinned when Sam, Merry, and Pippin said they were going. The look on Elrond's facec was priceless when they appeared. Soon after the council disbanded and everyone left except Legolas, Aragorn, and Elrond. Legolas knelt in front of Elrond.

"I will come back. I swear." Legolas said as he kissed Elrond's hand.

"I cannot help but think of the last time Sauron was defeated. Am I destined to always lose the ones I love?" Elrond lamented sadly. "My lover and son are going on a dangerous quest and I know it is for the best."

"We will keep each other safe." Aragorn tried to soothe his father.

Legolas saw someone move out of the corner of his eye and he saw Boromir fleeing. Arwen approched from the other direction, she looked sad. Saelbeth had told her that Aragorn and Legolas were going on this dangerous quest. She saw her father and the sadness in his eyes and she wanted to strangle Legolas.

"Must you go as well? Surely another elf would be better suited." Arwen snapped at Legolas.

Elrond, Aragorn, and Legolas gaped at her stunned by her tone and words.

"Better suited how?" Legolas asked confused.

"You cannot stand to be around humans and now you will embark upon a quest with three of them? Not very wise." came the icy reply.

"Arwen!" Aragorn could not beleive this was the woman he loved.

"You are going to go and leave my father! If anything happens to you he will die! Die! Hasn't he suffered enough? You say you love him then you do this! You are a fool Legolas Greenleaf! I swear by all thats holy if anything happens to him because of you I will kill you myself!" Arwen shrieked voicing her deepest, darkest fear.

"I will never hurt him. I cannot believe you would insult my honor by voicing such thoughts aloud. Good day milady." Legolas stood and kissed Elrond on the cheek and he stalked off.

Elrond and Aragorn turned to Arwen.

"You have alot of explaining to do young lady." Elrond growls as he stands and grabs her arm. He litteraly drags her to his private study. Aragorn followed quietly not knowing what to expect.