Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Gandalf stood before the broken gates of Isenguard. The Ents now ruled the place and Saruman along with Grima was locked isinde the tower. They were powerless. Elrond and Eomer dismounted apprapproached the tower. Gandalf and Aragorn had decided that these two shohandhandle this talk. Out of the four od them they had suffered the most under Grima's hands. They stopped at the foot of a long staircase, at the top stood Grima and Saurman. Using magic Gandalf had rent Saurman's staff in two so the mage was now powerless.ma hma hid behind Saurman as he knew why the horseman and elf lord was there.

"What did you do to the Prince Legolas?" Elrond demanded.

"A simple spell that cast his mind into darkness and there is no escape." Saruman sneered at Elrond.

"Step aside wizard for we came fot that pathetic snake behind you." Eomer hissed.

Saurman laughed but did not stand aside. "Why should I do that? I rather enjoyed his tales of what he did to you and to the brat of Mirkwood."

Eomer's hand clenched on his sword as he glared at the mage. Elrond put is hand on the young lord's shoulder as he stepped forward.

"Such tales shall not provoke a response from us! Stand aside wizard of I will slay you where you stand." Elrond demaded.

"I WILL NOT STAND ASIDE YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR AN ELF!" Saurman roared. "Sauron showed me everything about you Elrond half elven. Your liasions with Gil Galad, how you sobbed like a girl when he died, how you married that elf bitch for comfort and he showed me what he is going to do to your precious Arwen. How he will abuse Estel, Elladan and Elrohir when he rules this land! Torture and a prolonged death. I keep Legolas alive for him also. Everyone you care for will die by his hands."

No one, not even Gandlaf, saw it happen; one minute Saruman was threatning Elrond's children and lover and the next he was falling on the floor an arrow lodged in his chest. Galdalf looked over at Elrond who was now huddled on the floor shaking and crying. A bow lay on the floor next to him and his quiver had only one arrow in it and it was gone. The wizard's words had really affected the half elf. Aragorn went over and pulled his father to him. Elrond held his son as he cried all the tears he didn't shed for the past age. Eomer strode up the stairs and toward Grima who was on his knees begging for his life. Eomer rasied his sword and in one fell swoop he decapitated the sniveling worm. He did it for himself, for Eowyn, and most of all for Legolas. Eomer spit on the corpse as he spun on his heel and walked down the stairs. Gandalf stood by watching and not interfering with any of this. After it was all said and done Gandalf knelt next to Elrond and laid his hands on the half elf's head andsperspered a few words. Aragorn caught Elrond as the half elf as he slumped forward.

"I put him to sleep once we return to Helm's Deep he will need Legolas and Legolas will need him. Only they can comfort each other now." Gandalf said quietly.

Aragorn nodded and picked up his father and the three of them left Isenguard for good.




Eowyn ran for the healing wing she could hear Legolas screaming at the top of his lungs. She burst into the room and she saw him shaking and fighting invisible attackers. He was screaming Elrond's name over and over. At a loss Eowyn wrapped he arms around him and held on tight. After a few minutes his stuggles ceased but he still sobbed and called out for Elrond. He screamed for his beloved even after his voice was gone.