Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Chapter notes: Ok I know Elrond crying is out of character. But I did it on purpose to how how deeply he cares for his son and Legolas. Besides once in a while we all need a good cry!!! Even haughty elven lords! (jk) ;)
Elrond's POV

I gasp when I see my son standing there looking at us. I could not interpret the expression on his face. Jumping up I stagger back a few steps agonized at what I had done. Shaking my head I ran from the room. I managed to make it back to my own rooms before I broke down and cried. I had betrayed my son! I had kissed his beloved! I threw myself onto the bed and cried untill I was exhausted. I let myself drift off into elven reverie.




Estel's POV

I watched as my father fled from the room before I gazed at Legolas. He looked as if he'd just seen a Balrog of Morgoth. I walked into the room pacing my stride, I needed to find out a few things before I revealed my true feelings.

"I'm glad to see you are feeling better." I say making my voice neutral.

"Estel...I...I..."

"Yes?" I manage to make my voice sound cold and distant. He fliched at that.

"I do love you but I am not in love with you. I love..."

I try hard not to smile because it was exactly what I wanted to know.

"Yes?" not so frosty this time.

"I love Elrond. I am in love with him." he said looking ashamed.

"Oh Legolas." I sigh smiling. He now looks confused at my smile. "I am glad you feel that way. I will always love you but my heart belongs to another."

He smiles and hugs me and now I know we would always be friends. We ould go where the other went to keep each other safe for our love's.

"Who do you love?" he askes laying back down.

"Arwen." I whisper picturing her perfect, flawless beauty.

"Does she feel the same?"

"I do not know."

"Tell her."

"I will."

We smile at each other glad that we got our feelings out in the open. Suddenly he turned serious.

"What?" I ask apprehensivly.

"You owe me."

"What do you wish of me?"

"Help me walk to nd'nd's chambers. I want to tell him how we worked things out. He thinks he betrayed you." He gasps out trying to sit up.

I go and help him stand knowing he was right. I owed him and my dad. I would do anything to mke it up to them. Right now the only one who could get through to my father was Legolas.




Legolas's POV

Elrond was laying on his bed lost in reverie as I slipped into his room. Estel had helped me to his fathers room. I lay down next to my beloved and pull him close. He instantly wakes up and stares at me in shock.

"Legolas what are you doing?" he asks trying to pull away.

I hold him close and soon he stops resisting out of fear he'll hurt me.

"I love you. Estel is just a good friend. But I want to be with you!" I say looking into his eyes.

I tell him about everything me and Estel talked about. He lays staring at me shocked at all our revelations.

"He loves Arwen like that?"

I nod suddenly not sure of how he'd react. "Are you mad?"

"Nay. I am glad. They both deserve to be happy neither have had alot of joy in their lives." he says smiling and pulling me close.

Sighing I cuddle close to him and I find myself drifting off. I kiss him before I fall asleep completly.