Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Arwen found Aragorn sitting in her mothers garden. He looked sad and happy at the same time. Why wasn't he with Legolas she wondered. She remembered meeting the prince long ago before Estel was born.

"Estel? Is all well with the prince?" she asked sitting next to him.

Aragorn nodded. "He is well. Have you met him before?"

"Yes long ago before you were born. He is the youngest son of King Thranduil is he not?" she asked.

"Aye. He loves..."

"Yes?" Arwen prodded.

"Elrond."

"Really?" she raised her eyebrow suprised.

"Are you mad?" he asked confused.

"Nay. He has been sad ever since Nana went over the sea. I am glad he is happy." Arwen paused considering. "But I thought he loved you and you him?"

"Nay we are as brothers. What I feel for him is the same as I feel towards Elladan and Elrohir. I love another..." his voice trailed off.

Arwen was crushed, she thought that now maybe he could love her! "Oh." she said quietly.

Aragorn turned and faced her looking serious. "I love you milady. Althought I am not worthy of you."

"Oh Aragorn I love you also! And you are going to be king someday so you are worthy of me!" Arwen launched herself at him and hugged him desperatly.

Aragorn lovingly clasped her face and kissed her hungrily. They kissed and embraced happy to be together finaly.




Elrond stood on his balcony watching his daughter and foster son. Smiling he turned and gazed upon Legolas sleeping in his bed. The prince was still along way from complete recovery. The poison had been errdicated completly from his system. Now he needed rest to heal and recuperate before he returned home. Returned home...Elrond grew sad at those thoughts. Soon Mirkwood would take the golden prince from his arms and life.




Legolas sat talking with Elrond when King Thranduil walked into the study. Thranduil saw his son bow his head and shrink away from him. Sighing Thranduil took his son into his arms not caring that Elrond was in the room.

"I am sorry my son. I know that is not enough but it is all I can say." Thranduil tilted Legolas's chin up and saw the deep scratch on his cheek. "Valar...." he whispered agonized by what he'd done. "Did you go to the healing room?"

"Lord Elrond gave me a healing salve to put on." Legolas said smiling at his father.

Thranduil looked to where Elrond sat and sighed. "Legolas I am sure Trianna needs help with her archery. Will you assist her?"

Legolas nodded and bowed to his father then Elrond before leaving.

"I must apologize for my earlier behavior towards my son. I do not know why I did that and I apologize." Thranduil said as he sat.

Elrond said nothing as he exteneded the treaty Glorfindel and Erestor had worked so hard on. Anger burned through him. How could a simple apology make up for what he'd done? Thranduil looked at the treaty and noted that Elrond wanted no territory nor did he give up any. It was a simple plan nt the political games he was used to. They would sign two identicle treaties nd place their seal beside their name. They would each keep a copy and flourish in peace. Trade between them would increase as well as knowledge. All in all it was a good treaty except for the way Elrond was acting.

"I will sign this on one condition." Thranduil said staring at Elrond.

"What?" Elronds voice was pure ice.

"Speak of your feelings."

Elrond jumped up and paced angrily. "How could you strike your own son? In my anger I would never conceive of striking my sons! Have you done it before?" Elrond looked at his once friend.

"To my shame yes I have. Once." Sighing Thranduil signed the treaty and shook the half elf's hand. "Will you stay the night?"

"Nay I will ride home tonight." Elrond stood and made to leave.

"Let me send Legolas and Gilreon to escort you home. Legolas has always wanted to see Imladris." Thranduil asked walking Elrond to the stables.

"Alright."

Thranduil went to find his son to tell him the news.