Switch by Morgana

During the day, Erestor enjoyed sparring with the guards, and he showed Berior the maneuver that had cost the younger Elf so dearly during their last match. Now, he settled down in Glorfindel's office, collapsing in the chair. Glorfindel's office was a nice place. The walls were a soft yellow and the lightly-colored furniture gave it an even more spacious look. Yes, this was a nice place to catch his breath and sort out his thoughts. Legolas' actions last night had upended his world and the fact that Glorfindel so easily had forgiven him had rocked his world.

"Glorfindel?"

Elrond's voice startled Erestor, and as he had been rocking on his chair with only two legs steadily on the floor, the chair landed on all fours with a loud bang. "My Lord?"

Elrond chuckled. "I must really have startled you in order for you to call me that. I haven't heard you address me in that formal manner since the day you arrived here." Elrond pulled up a chair and seated himself. "I am here to apologize instead of my sons. What they did last night is unforgivable."

Erestor swallowed hard. "Boys will be boys."

"Elladan and Elrohir are no longer boys – children. They are the future Lords of Imladris and should start acting the part! When they come home I will discipline them!" Elrond shook his head. "I wonder what it takes for them to realize that the time for play is over."

Erestor smiled, weakly. "I don't condone what they did, but part of the blame is mine. I could – should – have said no when they offered me more miruvor."

Elrond shrugged. "They are not too old for an old-fashioned spanking."

Erestor's eyes almost bulged from their sockets. "A spanking?"

"I have tried other ways of discipline, but they never worked," mused Elrond, "But then again, I still have some time left to devise new means of punishment until they come back." After pulling his long, brown robes closer to his body, his gray eyes lifted to study his Captain. "And how do you fare today, Glorfindel?"

"I was supposed to lead today's patrol, but..."

"Say no more, I understand. My sons are filling in for you. It was the least they could do!" Elrond winked, unexpectedly. "And I reckon Legolas already visited with you?"

Erestor blushed, fiercely. And Glorfindel thinks this is the best kept secret in Imladris? I would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know they are together!

"Glorfindel?" Elrond cocked his head when his Captain stared at him, obviously dazed. "Ah, Legolas did more than just visit with you," he said, smugly.

"Elrond – please..." Erestor had flushed a fiery crimson and averted his eyes, shifting nervously in his chair.

"You never cease to amaze me," chuckled Elrond, "Don't tell me you are still shy after having been his lover for decades!"

"I am..." Erestor squirmed, desperate to change their topic. Seeing that Elrond carried a small, wooden box with him, he jumped at the chance of introducing a new subject. "What's that?"

"Ah..." A sorrowful expression appeared on Elrond's face. "I was wondering..."

"Yes?" Reminding himself to act more like Glorfindel, Erestor shifted forward in the chair.

"It is a gift," whispered Elrond, "But I am uncertain whether it is appropriate to..." Wavering, he met Erestor's eyes. "I had it made last Yule, as a present for Erestor, but I never felt courageous enough to actually give it to him."

"Erestor?" Stunned, Erestor searched Elrond's eyes. "Why didn't you give it to him?" Elrond had had something made for him? For him?!

Elrond carefully placed the box in between them on the desk. Long fingers pushed back the lid, revealing its content. Erestor's breath came in short gasps when Elrond lifted the mithril from the box. "It is a belt," he explained, showing his Captain. "Made from mithril."

"It is beautifully crafted," whispered Erestor, awed. And Elrond had it made for me?

"Although he looks hauntingly beautiful in black, the darkness that shrouds him can be rather gloomy. I thought that maybe this belt..." Elrond shook his head. "Is it an inappropriate gift?"

Erestor stared at the beautifully crafted belt, and shook his head. Last Yule, Elrond had gifted him with a hair clip, still masterly crafted, but it didn't compare to this. "It is beautiful! How can it not be appropriate?"

"I..." Elrond moistened his lips, growing more nervous. "I have been thinking about Erestor for a very long time and after last night... Maybe I should... You know, finally tell him..." His elegant fingers caressed the mithril belt, which would hopefully circle Erestor's waist shortly.

"Tell him what?" His heart fluttered in his chest, and he continued to lean in closer, trying to read the expression in Elrond's gray eyes.

"That I love him," whispered Elrond, softly. "I should have told him when I realized the attraction, but I didn't think the feeling was mutual. Last night changed that though."

Last night? Glorfindel and Elrond had dinner last night! What exactly happened during dinner?

Elrond smiled, absentmindedly, recalling pressing his lips onto the soft skin of Erestor's hand. "Last night... The look in his eyes... Why did I never see it before? He loves me... It was all there, but I never saw it... I wonder... How long has it been there? And why didn't he tell me?"

"Maybe he never thought you liked him in turn?" offered Erestor, shyly. "Didn't you tell him once that your heart would always belong to Celebrían?"

Elrond's eyes narrowed. He couldn't remember ever telling Glorfindel that, but he must have. How else could his Captain know?

"I wouldn't dare approach you with such passionate feelings after you told me so." Erestor wished he was in his own body, so he could reach out and touch the one he loved. To hear Elrond say that the half-Elf had feelings for him, caused his heart to thump hard, and he was eager to bury the half-Elf in his arms.

"You make a valid point," admitted Elrond, who carefully placed the belt back into its box. "I should make up for my past mistakes. I will tell him tonight, when I gift him with this belt. Maybe he will allow me to put it on him."

Erestor gasped. How he wished Lórien would return him to his body! "Erestor and you complement each other. I am confident the two of you will be very happy." Speaking those words took every ounce of his courage and discipline. How he envied Glorfindel for having spent last night with the half-Elf! And what would he give to be the one having dinner with Elrond tonight!

"Thank you for your kind and encouraging words," said Elrond, rising from the chair. He tucked the box beneath his arm and smiled warmly. "I hope you will make the best of your time with Legolas whilst he is here." Elrond gave his Captain a thoughtful look. "May I be frank with you, my friend?"

Surprised, Erestor nodded. "But of course."

"Stop stalling. I know that you feel like you don't deserve Legolas – that you aren't good enough for him and that he can – and should do better. It is nonsense, Glorfindel. Legolas and you are good for each other. Make it official. Wed him. You know it is his greatest desire. He loves you and you love him. Stop being so difficult."

Erestor smiled, finally having found a way to change Glorfindel's situation for the better as well. I am surprised though. Why does Glorfindel feel like that? He is a renowned warrior and well-liked by anyone. But who knew what went on in Glorfindel's head? You found a way to make Elrond admit his feelings for me – which I never suspected he had in the first place! Let me repay you by making this official. You might feel too insecure or unworthy to take this step, so I will do so in your place.

"You know I am right," said Elrond, stressing his earlier statement. "Marry him." Seeing his Captain's warm, confident smile, Elrond grew confident that his friend finally understood. "Good!" Now that his mission had been accomplished, he walked toward the doorway. "I would be honored to perform the ceremony, my dear friend."

Erestor nodded. "You are right, Elrond. I will make this official."

"In that case you will need a ring." Elrond gave Glorfindel a wink. "Maybe I can be of some assistance?"

"Are you offering Vilya?" Erestor said, amazed he could joke with Elrond at this point.

"No," chuckled Elrond, "But let me ask the goldsmith who created this belt."

"Thank you for your help. And tell him to hurry."

"How many days does he have?" A smug grin spread over Elrond's features.

"I want it ready as quickly as possible. Or maybe he has some already finished rings?"

"I will tell him to drop by your rooms tonight. I am certain he has a fair pair of rings, which are to your liking."

Erestor's grin equaled Elrond's. When Lórien did switch them back, Glorfindel would find himself happily married to Legolas. This, he swore on his love for Elrond.




"Perfect!" whispered Glorfindel, pleased. Erestor's room breathed romance and love, being illuminated by scented candles. He had opened the heavy curtains to let in Ithil's silver beams, and they seemed to caress the long-stemmed roses on the table. "Elrond can't possibly say no to Erestor after dinner tonight! And Lórien, I do hope you will return me to my own body before Elrond wants to do the deed." He cared much for Elrond, but as a friend, and certainly not a lover.

Looking at his reflection in the mirror, he straightened his robes. He had chosen the sienna-colored ones, which gave his eyes a slightly warmer and less dark tone. The long, raven hair was loose; just the way Erestor would wear it. "Elrond doesn't stand a chance!" He would make certain that Elrond and Erestor admitted their love tonight. Just don't let him want to make love.

A knock on the door alerted him that his visitor had arrived. Glorfindel tucked a dark strand of hair behind an ear and headed for the doorway. Turning the doorknob, he stepped back to welcome Elrond.

Elrond hoped Erestor approved of his appearance. He had taken a long bath, and had then dressed in his finest robes, made of a dark-brown silk that added to the air of mystery which usually clung to him. His long hair was braided, and he had put knots in the strands. Hidden behind his back was the wooden box, which contained the mithril belt. "Good evening, my dear friend."

Act like Erestor! Act like Erestor! thought Glorfindel, reminding himself Elrond was courting the advisor, not him -- the Captain! "Good evening, Elrond. Please come inside." He waited for Elrond to step into the room and then closed the door behind the half-Elf. "I am glad you are here."

"So am I. Very glad." Elrond smiled, brilliantly, wondering when to present his gift. Not yet, he decided. "Your rooms look very inviting tonight." It was obvious that Erestor had tried to create a warm and romantic ambiance.

"I am glad you approve," said Glorfindel, trying to act the part. But it was hard, having to constantly ask himself what Erestor would do if the advisor were here. "Dinner has just been served. I hope you are hungry."

"Famished," said Elrond, hoping Erestor understood the hint; that he hungered for something else than food.

Glorfindel got the hint all right and drew in a deep breath. Erestor? Elrond and you will be in bed before you know it. "We should eat." Glorfindel gestured Elrond to follow him to the table, where they sat down. After placing several delicacies on the half-Elf's plate, Glorfindel noticed the small, wooden box that the Peredhel had placed beside him onto the table. Doing his utmost to contain his curiosity, he tried hard not to stare at it and to eat instead.

"This is nice," said Elrond, trying to make conversation. Erestor was acting shy, which came as no surprise to him. Erestor had always been timid around him and now he finally understood why. Deciding that it was time to do away with uncertainty, he said, "I love you."

Glorfindel's fork fell onto the plate with a loud, ceramic thud. When his eyes widened, looking up at hearing Elrond's words, it wasn't entirely an act. "What?"

"I love you," repeated Elrond, more steadily this time. "I didn't dare tell you before, but after last night I have grown hopeful that the feelings are mutual."

Glorfindel couldn't believe how fast Elrond was taking this! He had expected a long, slow courting. But the desire in his eyes should have told me differently. He really, really wants Erestor.

"I realize this comes as a shock and you don't have to reply right away," said Elrond, blushing and averting his eyes. "I hope you can forgive me for blurting out the truth like that, but my heart couldn't contain this feeling much longer. The words demanded a way out."

"It is a shock," confirmed Glorfindel, "But a welcome one."

Elrond found the courage to look at his advisor when hearing those words. "Welcome?"

"Very welcome," replied Glorfindel, still trying to act like Erestor. "When you said you could only ever love Celebrían, I thought all hope was lost. My feelings for you didn't lessen, however, and never disappeared. I love you as well."

"You do?" Elrond beamed with delight and happiness. Acting quickly, he reached across the table and gathered his advisor's hands in his. "I should have told you earlier, shouldn't I?"

Glorfindel shrugged. "I am not certain I was ready to hear and accept the truth," he admitted. Elrond ran his fingertips over the back of his hand in a gentle manner, which felt incredibly erotic to Glorfindel. I have the feeling he is an excellent lover, Erestor.

"I am relieved you are accepting of it now," purred Elrond, lifting his gray eyes to meet with the advisor's. "I didn't come empty-handed tonight. I want to woo you properly, my love." Erestor would have blushed at hearing that, but Glorfindel unfortunately didn't, which strengthened Elrond in his belief that his beloved was more than ready to take the next step. Slowly, he pushed the box across the table until it stood in front of his love. "I hope you approve of my gift as well."

Glorfindel couldn't help growing slightly suspicious. Don't let it be scented oil! Erestor isn't ready for such an intimate gift! And neither am I! Apprehensively, he lifted the lid. His breath caught at seeing the precious material inside. "Mithril?"

"Yes," confirmed Elrond, finally admitting the truth, "I had it made for you last Yule, but I lacked the courage to present it to you. It is a belt, which will hopefully grace your waist shortly."

Glorfindel understood why Elrond had been uncomfortable giving such a gift to Erestor. This mithril belt was extremely precious and exquisite and would make people wonder why the Lord of Imladris would decide on such a valuable present when Erestor and he were just friends. "It is extraordinary," he said, impressed by the craftsmanship.

"May I?" Elrond lifted the metal from the box and unrolled the belt. He rose from the chair and crossed the distance until he stood beside his beloved.

Realizing he didn't really have a choice, Glorfindel rose as well, taking a step toward Elrond.

Elrond draped the mithril belt around his advisor's hips. "Lovely," he whispered, seductively. "I always knew it would look splendidly on you."

Elrond's warm breath brushed against Glorfindel's throat, and the warrior trembled; it felt exceptionally erotic. There was no doubt in his mind that Elrond was perfectly capable of seducing Erestor. The innocent, inexperienced advisor would be swept of his feet by the passionate half-Elf.

Seeing Erestor sway slightly, Elrond acted upon it, brushing aside the long, raven locks. Slowly, seductively, his fingertips caressed the sensitive skin there. Leaning in closer, his lips brushed against the soft skin, bestowing a butterfly light kiss onto the area. "I have desired you for so long."

Glorfindel almost panicked, feeling Elrond's hot breath and soft lips against his throat. Is it his intention to take Erestor to bed this very night? Oh, no! That's where I draw the line! His reaction was instinctive and strangely enough a lot like Erestor's would have been in this situation. He jumped back, nervously, and averted his eyes.

Elrond frowned; Erestor's reaction did surprise him. "Beloved?"

Act like Erestor! Act like Erestor! he reminded himself. And everything fell into place. "I apologize for my reaction, but... I am not experienced in the matter of love and your kiss surprised me."

Elrond's eyes had widened, surprised by Erestor's admission. "I never thought... Are you saying that...?"

Glorfindel regretted he had to admit Erestor's innocence to Elrond, but it was his only way out. "I am still untouched, yes." Oh, Erestor would hate him for admitting this to Elrond, but what was he supposed to do? He needed to keep the half-Elf at a distance!

"Oh." Elrond swallowed hard, trying to do away with his rising nervousness. "I should apologize to you! I never thought... I thought... I should have asked... I don't know what to say."

Seizing control of the situation, Glorfindel cleared his throat. "I want you to kiss and touch me, but... I don't know how... It is going so fast."

"We will slow down," promised Elrond, surprised at how timid Erestor really was. He claimed Erestor's hand and rubbed the palm soothingly. "We won't do anything you aren't ready for." He cursed himself for acting so rashly! He should have made inquiries first!

Glorfindel felt the time was right to meet Elrond's gaze again. "I trust you, Elrond, and I love you, but I need to take one step at a time." He hoped Erestor wanted to take thinks slowly! If not, Erestor could remedy that once their bodies had been returned to them.

Elrond smiled, reassuringly. "How about holding you, beloved? Would you allow that?"

Glorfindel knew he couldn't reject Elrond now that the half-Elf was doing his best to slow down and build a bond first instead. Erestor would approve of that.

"Erestor?" Worried that he wasn't getting an answer, Elrond rubbed the knuckles of Erestor's hand, hoping to reassure him.

Glorfindel smiled, warmly. "I would like that."

"On the couch?" suggested Elrond, who had almost said – bed - instead of couch.

"Yes." Glorfindel allowed Elrond to lead him to the couch, where they sat down. Elrond immediately wrapped an arm around him and pulled him close. He rested his head on Elrond's shoulder, relieved this was as far as they would go today. He preferred for Erestor to be back in his body when the two Elves did the deed!

It had been centuries since Elrond had felt this much at peace. Erestor felt warm and comfortable against him, and unable to stop himself, he placed a chaste kiss on the top of the advisor's head. "Erestor? I would like to ask you something."

Growing alert once more, Glorfindel's eyes narrowed. "What is it?"

"Now that I know you love me I don't wish to be parted from you again. Would you allow me to sleep in your bed?" Erestor tensed against him, and he reacted quickly, "I just want to hold you, my beloved. Nothing else will happen."

Glorfindel released a relieved sigh. "Do you promise?" Oops, he hadn't wanted to say that aloud!

"I will promise if that puts your mind at ease," said Elrond, smiling warmly. "I understand your need to take this slow and I respect that." He was confident that Erestor would warm up to his advances and the half-Elf was content to be patient for now. "I just want to hold you."

"I will allow it, then," said Glorfindel, wishing Lórien would hurry up and undo this spell. He was more than ready to return to his own body!




Glorfindel felt highly uncomfortable when Elrond moved into place behind him. Erestor's bed was big enough to hold the two of them, but the half-Elf still felt the need to snuggle close and hold him. He bit his bottom lip, allowing Elrond to make himself comfortable, spooning up behind him. The half-Elf draped one arm across his waist and one leg hugged him close, pulling him toward the Peredhel.

"Please tell me if I make you uncomfortable, and I will let go, for making you uncomfortable is not my intention."

Glorfindel continued to bite his lip, knowing that if Erestor were here instead, the advisor would be more than happy to snuggle up to the half-Elf. "It feels odd, but certainly not unwelcome. You may stay this way."

"Thank you. I promise I won't disappoint you or take liberties with you."

"I know you won't. I trust you." Glorfindel resigned himself to the situation. Lórien, you had better hurry! I want my body back! I want my life back! And I want Legolas back!