Song of the Night by Zilah

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Beta: Tena

This ficlet is written as Cheer-up- gift to Verayelwe. You bring so much joy to my life with your sweet comments and stories, and don't forget our mutual love to cello. And thanks to you too, Tena, for your hard work. Without you I was lost. *Hugs to both of you*
Lindir sat alone on his balcony with tears in his eyes. Once again, he listened to the beautiful music that echoed in the night air. He had never heard anything so beautiful, and yet so sad. This same tune had haunted his days and nights, making him wonder who could play so beautifully, that every emotion could be heard in this incredible music.

Suddenly he jumped up. He had to know who was this unknown player. He was sure that it couldn't be any of the Imladris minstrels. The voice of instrument was so unique that Lindir was sure he would have recognized it if he had heard it before. He ran down the stairs and started to make haste towards the sound.

He stopped and hesitated for a moment when he finally heard the music nearing. Slowly, he turned the corner, searching for the unknown player.

Lindir gasped when he saw his Lord and secret love playing, all alone with a sad expression upon his beautiful face.

Elrond heard a noise and raised his head. He felt a warm wave inside him when he saw Lindir. The sweet minstrel had been the object of his dreams and thoughts for a long time now. But Elrond didn't know how to tell Lindir about his feelings; he had been so alone after Celebrían's departure.

"I didn't know that you could play, my lord, and may I ask what is that instrument? I have never seen anything like that." Lindir asked shyly, and sat beside Elrond.

Elrond smiled. "It doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen this before. Most of them have disappeared from Arda. This is a cello, an ancient Gondolinian instrument. This one belonged to Idril.

"I have never heard anything so beautiful. Could you play for me, my lord?"

"All right, but then you have to give me something in return." Elrond said softly.

"I'll give you anything! Name your price, and you'll have it."

"What about... a kiss from your sweet lips?"

Lindir blushed, but then leaned closer.

"It would be sheer pleasure, my lord." Lindir whispered and captured Elrond's mouth into soft kiss.