Spreading Wings by Aglarien

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Beta: Phyncke

Warning: Unabashed little human cuteness.
Erestor walked into his office sipping his tea of tea, and stopped when he saw the two travel-worn half-elves standing next to his desk and chuckling at the drawing tacked to his wall.

“You have returned!” he exclaimed, setting his cup of tea on the desk and pulling Elrond’s two sons into his arms. “Your father will be so happy to see you back once again and in one piece.”

“It is good to be home again, Erestor,” Elladan said, returning the counselor’s embrace. "We came here first, thinking to find Ada in your office.”

“And got distracted with the little one’s art,” Elrohir added, kissing the cheek of his father’s mate.

“Your father has gone to the smithy to see about having more railing added to the upper balconies so Estel does not fall from them,” Erestor said. “The young one is more than adventurous and has inherited the spirit of his forefathers.”

“The drawing is a fine likeness of you and Ada,” Elladan snickered. “You look a bit pudgy, but still a fine likeness.” The elder of the twins dissolved into laughter.

“Oh, it is not of us,” Erestor replied with a smirk. “It is of two others that Estel loves dearly. See? There are no knots in this one’s hair, and do you not see the resemblance between the two?”

The twins stared at the drawing. “Nay,” Elladan said.

“Yea,” replied Erestor.

“Brother,” Elrohir said, twisting his head to look at the drawing from a different angle, “why do we look lumpy?”

Elladan merely groaned.

“I think they are fine likenesses,” Erestor said. “Very fine indeed. Estel is obviously a gifted artist."

“I think we have just been insulted,” Elladan said, grabbing his traveling pack. “Come, brother. Let us go and report to Ada before we deal with our little brother.”

The two left the room to the music of Erestor’s laughter.




Estel bounced and squealed with laughter as he rode down the halls on his oldest brother’s shoulders, strong hands holding his chubby little legs firmly. One set of small fingers held tightly onto ebon hair, and the other firmly clenched a piece of parchment. Elrohir walked behind, ready to grab for the toddler should his antics cause him to teeter.

Erestor sat perched atop his husband’s desk, sharing the amusing story of the twin’s reaction to the drawing, while Elrond rubbed his hands over the counselor’s exquisitely long thighs. Hearing a knock at the door, they drew slightly apart, but did not move, as the sound of Estel’s laughter had given away the arrival of the twins and their foster-brother.

“Enter!” Elrond called.

As the door opened, Estel waved the parchment and let go of Elladan’s hair, tottering backward to be caught by Elrohir. “Ada Elwond! Ada Elwond! I dwew a pichow of you and Ada Ewestow!” he cried.

Erestor rose with a smile and took Estel from the twins, cuddling him and placing a loud kiss on his cheek. “Pic-ture,” he carefully enunciated.

“Pichow! Hewe, Ada Ewestow, look!” Estel said triumphantly, handing the picture to Erestor. “’Woh and ‘Dan helped me!”

Erestor shifted Estel to one arm and took the picture as he walked back to Elrond’s desk. “Oh, my, what a lovely picture, Estel!” Erestor exclaimed, making a concerted effort to hold back his laughter as he praised the drawing and handed it to Elrond. There in all their thickset, cumbrous glory were Estel’s two foster-fathers, one of them with hair carefully arranged in elaborate knots, the other with dark hair flowing free.

Elrond bit his lips to keep from howling out his laughter, and his eyes twinkled merrily. “What a beautiful picture, Estel!” the Elf-lord exclaimed. “Since Ada Erestor already has a drawing of Elladan and Elrohir in his office, may I hang this one here?”

Estel nodded his head vigorously. “You weally like it, Ada Elwond?” he asked.

“I really like it very much, little one,” Elrond answered, taking the child from Erestor. “And I love you very much.” He kissed Estel’s cheek and said, “Now come and help me hang it on my wall.”