A Bag of Sweets and A Bundle of Trouble by Anestel

Chapter notes: A/N: Okay y'all I have a request. Can someone draw pictures for this fic??? Please I beg of you. I really would love to see some artwork for this. If you could I would be forever grateful. Also thanks to my friend Brie who helped me get unstuck on this chappy. Also email me ideas for what to do next! I don't have kids so my brain is on low. Please please if you wish it to continue help me out. Just little ideas and such. Ya know?? Thanks y'all.

Anestel
"But I don't want to!" Legolas screamed, darting away from Elrond, on the verge of tears. Elrond looked at him frustrated. "Legolas Thrandullion, you will get in that bath right now!" Elrond said sternly. He grabbed the child's arm and picked him up. Elrond sat him in the bath and began the daunting task of washing the sticky sugar off of him. Legolas screamed and thrashed about constantly, and Elrond was a sopping, angry mess when the young Prince was finally clean. Elrond carried Legolas from the bathroom and dried him off. Finally, panting and exhausted, Elrond was able to dress the young Elf.

Legolas whimpered and looked up at Elrond as if betrayed. Elrond sighed, drawing him into a damp hug. Legolas quieted but tried to wiggle away. Elrond laughed, releasing him to go and play. The Elf-lord returned to his desk and took up writing again. Maybe he wouldn't be as bad as Thranduil had thought. There couldn't be that much sugar in the sweetcakes.

They were Arwen's, after all, and she was on a diet.




It wasn't until mid-day archery practice that Elrond was given a first-hand example of what the word 'hyper' truly meant. Legolas was usually something of a protégé when it came to archery. At his young age he could draw a bow twice his size. But this day... As Elrond entered the practice yard to check on Legolas, and he realized something was wrong. After all, you didn't need the senses of a Dwarf to realize that arrows were flying everywhere; Elves were running, hiding behind bushes as a little Elfling ran around the field shooting arrows at them.

"Legolas!" shouted Elrond, aghast. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm playing Elves and Orcs!" replied the smiling Legolas, his eyes shining up at him innocently. "It's fun!" Legolas giggled before he returned to his previous activities. Elrond growled and grabbed the bow and quiver from him. "Go back to our rooms, you tenacious little Orcling," he ordered, his face stern.

Legolas screamed when his deadly 'toy' was taken away and sat down on the ground with his arms crossed. He stuck his bottom lip out and pouted. "I want to play Elves and Orcs!" he wailed.

Elrond looked at him in frustrated annoyance. "Legolas get inside now!" he snapped, placing on hand on his hip while other pointed back to The Last Homely House. "Or I will make sure you regret disobeying me. I am sure your Ada will most pleased to hear about your behavior this afternoon."

Legolas looked at him with frightened wide eyes, but he stood up and glared at his feet sullenly. Elrond offered his hand, which Legolas took, and they went back to their room. Elrond sighed when they entered the cool room and sat back down behind his desk. He turned around in order to check what mischief Legolas was wreaking. The Peredhel smiled seeing Legolas playing with his blocks again. Maybe the worst was over... but, then again, maybe not.