Wounds by Eruanne of the Woodland Realm

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: To my readers, if you have read my other works in the long past, I would like to remind you that I am still alive. So sorry for the long fic wait. Anyway, this is partly movie-cannon, and partly book-cannon. I read in the book that Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli shared the same tent while in Dunharrow. And I know from the movie that Aragorn had this weird dream about Arwen dying. So... using my slashy side, I combined that and that, and some other bits and pieces from both movie and book... and voila! I got this fic!!!
Aragorn POV

Aragorn entered the tent he, Legolas, and Gimli would share in Dunharrow. It had been a long and tiring ride from the Riddermark, and Aragorn's body and soul felt weary and uneasy. Especially after he looked down a mountain path, and received a vision of a dark stone entrance, with howling winds and unearthly whisperings.

Aragorn sighed, and lay down on his bedroll. It had been a while since he had gotten any proper sleep. He placed the Elven knife Lord Celeborn gave him by his side, for protection. Then, he closed his eyes, waiting for sleep to claim him.

Dream

Aragorn felt as though he was floating on air. He felt the wind ruffle his hair, and leaves brush his cheek. It seemed that he was flying. He stared at this pale gray sky, with its deep clouds of dark blue-gray. He looked down, and saw a horrifying sight.

Arwen. Dying.

She lay quietly on a soft bed, beautiful as always. But tired, worn. The skirt of her red dress lay in soft folds over her legs, and lightly swept the marble floor. Bright autumn leaves settled in her midnight-black hair and porcelain skin. He suddenly heard her whisper in the recesses of his mind.

"I choose... a mortal life,"

Aragorn looked back at his beloved, now looking up at him. A lone crystalline tear dripped down her cheek. She whispered to the winds,

"I wish I could have seen him... one last time."

Her eyes shut slowly, then Aragorn could feel the dark chill around him. Cold, and unfeeling, speaking of death. Aragorn looked at her with disbelief, then, without warning, the brilliant pendant, the Evenstar, slipped from his neck, and shattered, into a million shards of shimmering glass.

Aragorn felt wild fear and disbelief bubble in him, and he reached out for his knife.

End Dream




Legolas POV

Legolas entered the tent, and there, lying on a bedroll, was Aragorn. Legolas felt his heart glow warm with love for this Man. Legolas had long known that he had fallen in love with Aragorn, and had been battling his forbidden feelings ever since. But now, seeing Aragorn...

Legolas watched him silently. To his worry, he saw that Aragorn was sweating heavily in his sleep, and moving uncertainly. He tossed and turned in his slumber, and his breathing seemed fast and rushed. Legolas reached out to him, and his fingers encountered Aragorn's deep brown curls. He stroked them silently, praying to the Valar that Aragorn would be all right. All of a sudden, Aragorn's eyes flashed open. Legolas could hardly register his relief at seeing Aragorn awake, and drew his hands away from Aragorn's hair, and reached out to hold the Man's hand, when suddenly...

Aragorn's hand, clutching his knife, made a wild swipe...

And made a deep wound across Legolas' open palms.


Fin
Chapter end notes: Author's Note/s: TA-DA! First chapter done! I myself was totally in shock when I finished writing this chapter. How could Aragorn do that? *gasp* Nice ending? You'll see what happens next in Chapter 2! I hope you like this fic. It's my first chapter fic in a long while. Thanks for reading!