Impossible Circumstances by Syndarys

"I am NOT being blindfolded!" Legolas's voice ran clear through the woods of Lothlórien in reply to Aragorn's request that the pregnant Elf be blindfolded so that Gimli would also be blindfolded. He was starting to realise that it was a bad idea to request such a thing of Legolas.

"I'm being blindfolded - Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin are being blindfolded, Boromir is being blindfolded, Gimli is being blindfolded... and so are you!" Aragorn was also beginning to lose his temper with the blonde beauty.

Legolas furiously stamped his foot and put his hands on his hips, standing in a very lady-like way. The Hobbits began to chuckle quietly.

"And what are YOU laughing at?" Legolas demanded, turning to the poor little Hobbits, who immediately coward

"Legolas," Aragorn called, causing the Elf to spin around, making his hair flick around his shoulders, so that he looked like an extra from a Loréal advert. Legolas raised an eyebrow at the human, querying what he wanted.

"Please," Aragorn's voice was now sugar sweet... so sugar sweet infact, it was almost sickly. "Everyone else is being blindfolded, and we all need to get going. So put your blindfold on, and lets get moving," Aragorn held the scrap of white cloth out to Legolas.

Legolas looked at the cloth with distaste. Suddenly, an idea dawned on him. It was perfect, it was sure to work; he would make sure Aragorn wouldnt force him to wear a blindfold.

"Aragorn," Legolas said quietly and sweetly, "surely you dont want me to wear this blindfold? I mean, what if I were to trip and fall? I could hurt the baby - OUR baby," he emphasised on the 'our' to pull on Aragorn's protectiveness, "And surely, if Lady Galadriel were to hear that you had unnecessarily put your child in danger, she would be angry... more angry than she will be just from hearing about the fact you cheated on Arwen with me, and now I'm pregnant!" He shouted the last part at Aragorn, hoping that it would scare him, and make him let Legolas walk without a blindfold.

Unfortunately for Legolas, his plan didnt work. It only succeeded in making Aragorn angry at him.

Aragorn grabbed Legolas's wrist, and pulled him over. He then took the blindfold, but instead of placing it over the Elven Prince's eyes, he used it to gag Legolas, while mumbling words along the lines of "damn Elves," and how they "cant keep their big mouths shut."

Legolas's eyes burned with fury as he looked at Aragorn. 'He will pay for this,' the Elf thought to himself. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it) Legolas's mood took another swing, and he stopped being angry.

Tears welled up in his bright blue eyes, and his anger crumbled. He looked at Aragorn with pleading eyes as the tears began to roll. Aragorn was unable to resist the Elven prince looking to helpless and sad... he had to... no, he mustnt... but he had no choice... he looked into those eyes again, and felt his resolve liquidise. Muttering to himself about having willpower the strength of a wet paper towel, he ungagged and pregnant Elf.

Legolas, seemingly having forgotten that it was Aragorn who gagged him in the first place, latched onto the poor human, and hugged him tightly.




After a little while, Aragorn finally managed to get Legolas to put the blindfold on, after the tears had subsided enough for Legolas to do so.

Haldir lead the group through the Forest toward the city, occationally sniggered or giggling whenever he glanced at Legolas. Legolas tried to glare each time he heard the laughter, but it was pretty tricky to do so with a blindfold covering his eyes.

After a good while, they came into the city, and had their blindfolds removed. Haldir instructed them to go up some steps, and that they would reach a chamber at the top of them where the Lady Galadriel was waiting for them.

So, up the stairs they went, though they did have to stop half way up when Legolas started complaining of backache, and demanded a massage.

Pippin offered to walk on Legolas's back, but Aragorn had picked him up by the collar before he managed to set foot on the Elf. "Stand on Legolas, and die," I believe were the correct words Aragorn used, but they were hissed and growled so badly, I cant be sure.

After Legolas had a quick backrub from Frodo (who did so while on the recieving end of some rather nasty glared from Aragorn), they picked up the climb again. When they finally reached the top, they found themselves in a bright white chamber, with beautiful Elven carving on the walls and ceiling. Of course, Legolas would have loved this had he noticed, however he was too busy complaining that he was hungry so much that one would have mistaken him for Pippin, that he missed all the beautiful archetecture.

Then, Galadriel appeared at the top of some stairs leading into the main area of the chamber.

She began to walk down the stairs, looking into the eyes of each of the Fellowship as she walked.

Her eyes fixed on Legolas for a second, and then moved on. Suddenly, she stopped, and her eyes returned to Legolas. She looked confused for a second, and then he eyes widened.

"OH-MY-GOD!" [1] were the words that first escaped her lips, as she was focused on the Elven Prince. Aragorn winced, and the rest of the fellowship began to think about coming back later. Legolas just looked up, and shrugged at her.
Chapter end notes: [1] Think Janice in Friends, lol!