Impossible Circumstances by Syndarys

Aragorn looked at Legolas as if he had two heads. What on Middle Earth was the father/mother/whatever of his child on about?

Legolas let out an exasperated sign through his panicked cries, "For Valar's sake, Aragorn, RUN!"

Aragorn's look on puzzlement was fixed on his face. He decided to look to Galadriel to see if she had any clue why Legolas was acting so strangely. As his eyes met with the Elven Sorceress, he realised.

Galadriel's eyes were popping out of her head and she was spluttering indignantly. This could only mean one thing in Aragorn's mind. Galadriel knew.

Not wanting to stick around to find out exactly how Galadriel had found out, or how she was going to kill him, Aragorn stood and ran for it.

He soon realised he hadn't a clue as to how to get out of the library, so he retraced his steps and went to face Galadriel.

He walked painfully slowly down an isle toward where Galadriel and Legolas were, and was just turning the corner when a book came flying out of nowhere, and smacked him square in the face. He quickly stepped (or rather, jumped) back to avoid more projectiles being thrown at him.

"ARAGORN, SON OF ARATHORN, GET YOUR BACKSIDE OUT HERE NOW" Galadriel's voice came from round the corner, and struck fear and terror into the heart of the Ranger.

Reluctantly, Aragorn stepped out from behind the book stack, and into Galadriel's line of fire. He braced himself, expecting to be hit with a volley of books, incredibly big books. Luckily for Aragorn, no books were thrown. Instead, there was an eerie silence.

Possible curses Galadriel could have placed on him ran through his mind as he gingerly lifted his head and opened his eyes to look in Galadriel and Legolas's direction. What he saw when he looked both surprised, relieved and horrified him.

Galadriel, Legolas, and a pile of traditional Elven wedding books.

Galadriel looked up with a smile on her face. The smile bordered on happy and sardonic. Aragorn didn't know where or not he should stay, or try his luck at running all the way to Gondor without any supplies, and locking himself in the Citadel, with heavily armed guards.

"I've decided that I'm going to forgive you for betraying my Grand daughter, and for getting a male Elven prince pregnant," Aragorn let out a sigh of relief; he'd thought he was in deep trouble then! "On one condition," Galadriel continued. Aragorn felt his heart sink, "You and Legolas marry during your stay here in Lothlórien," Aragorn's sprits rose slightly - that wouldn't be so bad, would it? "And you, Aragorn, shall wear the wedding dress."

Aragorn gaped at Galadriel. He hadn't expected that one. He was about to protest when he heard sniggering coming from the direction of the Elven prince. He looked at Legolas, who was covering his mouth with his had, while laughing, sniggering, and tears were rolling down his face. The Ranger couldn't think of anything to say to Legolas, so he just scowled at his Elven lover.

"Havo dad, Aragorn," Legolas said through his laughter, gesturing to the seat next to him. Aragorn flopped down into the seat dejectedly.

Galadriel and Legolas started flicking through the books, looking at the various dresses and commenting on which Aragorn would look best in; the original purpose of their time in the library completely and utterly forgotten, much to Aragorn's dismay. Aragorn sat and sulked the entire time.

"Have you had any ideas about what you're going to call the child?" Galadriel asked them both after a while.

The two men just blinked at her in reply.

"Riiight, I'll take that as a no then... Legolas only has 3 months left before he gives birth, and believe me that'll fly by, and the concept of naming the child hasn't even crossed your minds? Aragorn, I can understand, as he's been quite stupid lately, but you Legolas? You haven't even thought about it?" Galadriel asked incredulously.

Legolas started to explain that the whole fighting thing and trying to focus on the One Ring of power had been slightly preoccupying his mind. Aragorn on the other hand, began to ponder on a name.

"How about Gilraen?" Aragorn suggested.

"That's a horrible name!" Legolas exclaimed, and he stuck his tongue out in disgust.

Aragorn narrowed his eyes at the pregnant man, "It was my mothers name," his voice was almost dangerous.

Legolas laughed nervously, "Did I say disgusting? I mean beautiful, really beautiful... but not something I'd like to call me child."

"Also," Galadriel butted in, "You don't know if the child will be a boy or a girl, so you need to decide on both a boys name, and a girls name... oh, and what if you have twins, or triplets?" Both Legolas and Aragorn paled at the prospect of a multiple birth, "I'd suggest writing a list of names, that's what I did with my daughter Celebrían."

Legolas smiled at Galadriel, ignoring the possibility of twins or triplets for the moment, "Thanks, I'll make a list... but do you have any suggestions?" he asked.

"Well," Galadriel started, pondering as she spoke, "How about Celebamrûn?"

"'Silver sunrise'?" Legolas said, "It's pretty, sure, but I'd like something a bit more... practical, if you know what I mean."

"Something normal?" Galadriel laughed, "Legolas, your child is the child of the Prince Of Mirkwood, and the future King of Gondor, assuming Aragorn is a lot smarter than I'm beginning to think he is," Aragorn glared at her. Galadriel ignored him, "And, the child will be half Elven, and to top that, born of two men. Normal will just not be possible for it." Galadriel's voice softened sympathetically as she finished speaking.

Legolas sighed and looked down at his swollen belly, "I guess you're right," he said sorrowfully.

Galadriel laughed, "Of course I'm right! I'm always right!"

Galadriel continued to speak to the couple, talking about how their wedding ceremony would be, what they would wear (she was seriously considering making Aragorn wear a purple floral wedding dress), about the Rings, about the guests... about everything, except how Legolas is pregnant in the first place.