Impossible Circumstances by Syndarys

Legolas practically skipped into the clearing where the Fellowship had set camp. At the first sign of the pregnant prince, the Hobbits crashed to the floor and feigned sleep.

Boromir looked up at Legolas with an arched eyebrow. "You seem... cheerful," he stated.

Legolas just tossed him a smile as he bounced over to where the Hobbits lay.

"Frodo? Sam? Wake up! Pippin? Merry?" he shook the little Hobbits to wake them up, "It's 3 in the afternoon, what are you doing asleep? Wake up!"

Reluctantly, the Hobbits opened their eyes and looked up at Legolas. They had become weary of when Legolas was like this, as it usually resulted in either painfully tight hugs, or mothering.

Legolas however turned from them once he saw they were awake, and picked up a small stone off the ground. He threw the stone across the clearing, and a loud clunk was heard as it hit Gimli's helmet.

"Gimli! Your attention is needed!" Legolas called over with his musical voice. Apparently not noticing Gimli's death glare, he glanced around once more to ensure he had everyone's attention.

Smiling as he noted that all eyes were upon him, he placed a hand on his hip, and gestured back the way he came.

"I have something to announce, but it would be best if we wait for Aragorn to catch up," he said as he bounced lightly where he stood.

Then, the thunderstorm that was Aragorn hit the clearing. The vibe the King-to-be was giving off made even Gimli flinch. Aragorn was clearly in, what can only be described as a bad mood. Legolas however was in too good a mood to care.

Smiling brightly, the Elven prince linked arms with Aragorn and announced proudly, "We're getting married!"

There was a moment of silence - or shock - before all four Hobbits launched themselves onto the soon-to-be-married couple.

Gimli and Boromir exchanged a glance, before Boromir smirked and turned to Aragorn.

Aragorn glared at Boromir. Boromir smirked some more.

"Really?" Boromir asked, "Got a date set yet?"

"Well," Legolas began, "Galadriel has decided to sort out all the arrangements, so sometime before we leave Lothlórien at least," he smiled happily, "We spent the afternoon looking at dresses and different floral arrangements."

"Dresses?" Boromir asked with a puzzled look on his face, "But you're male..."

"But I'm also pregnant - dresses are much more comfortable anyway," Legolas brushed it off lightly, "Besides, Galadriel is making Aragorn wear a dress as punishment for cheating on Arwen with me," he finished lightly.

Boromir blinked once. Then twice. And then he burst out laughing. As did Gimli. And Pippin. And Frodo. And Merry and Sam. Aragorn glared.

"It's not bloody funny!" he shouted, before pouting. Unfortunately, this didn't quite have the desired effect on the others (the pout was probably where he went wrong), and they just laughed even harder.

Legolas scowled at them all, "Leave Aragorn alone, he'll look absolutely gorgeous for our wedding," he said as he turned dreamy eyed.

The rest of the Fellowship stopped laughing - or at least, did their best to. Pregnant-Legolas was not one to upset.

Boromir coughed, "Well, it'll certainly be a day to remember."

Aragorn glared at him. Boromir sniggered quietly.

"Well of course it will! It's our wedding!" Legolas emphasized the 'our' with a squeeze of Aragorn's arm, "And," he took a deep breath, and bit his lip lightly. Toeing the ground as he looked down nervously, he asked, "I'd like you all to be bridesmaids."

Pippin perked up at this while everyone else paled.

"Oooh, does tha' mean we get t' wear dresses?" he asked, a little too hopefully about it.

"If you want, I'm not going to force you into anything... I just want you all to be a part of it," Legolas replied with a pleading smile.

"I'll wear a dress," Pippin announced cheerfully.

"Oh, go on then, me too," Frodo added.

Merry, Sam, Boromir and Gimli backed away.

"I could be an usher?" Boromir offered.

"Me too!" both Merry and Gimli called at the same time.

"Uuh, can I be a pageboy?" Sam asked.

Legolas' eyes lit up and his grin grew even wider. "Yes, yes, of course! Oooh, I'm so happy!" he exclaimed as he bounced around like a bunny rabbit on some form of illegally acquired substance, which no rabbit should be able to get their hands on, for fear of jumping into orbit by accident.

He went around hugging and kissing the other members of the fellowship, while they congratulated him on the engagement.

Aragorn watched Legolas with a smile as he got all excited. 'Hmm, maybe this isn't so bad after all,' he thought to himself. Then the image of a purple floral wedding dress flooded his mind. He shuddered, and his glare returned. 'Elves are evil' he scowled to himself.