Kinslayer by Merrie

Printer


Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel's life is shattered by haunting memories of Erestor's past (though Elrond might make out fine).
Rating: Mature Audience [Reviews - 0]
Category: FPS > Erestor/Glorfindel, FPS, FPS > Glorfindel/Erestor
Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenge: None
Series: None
Chapter: 3 | Completed: Yes | Words: 59437 | Read: 1091
Published: July 22, 2011 | Updated: July 22, 2011


Story notes: #1: This is only my second attempt and it was more fun than the first (it's also longer – at nearly 20 000 words for a short story, eek - and – perhaps – slightly more complex – but stay with it!). Before I say anything else, I just want to give props to all the authors who post here – there are some excellent writers, some excellent storytellers, and lots of people just having a lot of fun, which is ultimately what fan fic is all about, right? So, now a few notes on mine.
(1) Not beta read – all mistakes are mine. (Is there anyone out there who actually w/could do it for me, if I write anymore? Or for those I had approached before, is there something wrong with my account?)
(2) Since I'm not a canon expert, I don't know exactly who Inwe was supposed to be, but I love the name and always thought it should be a female – she only shows up for one scene so no slamming over that, please?
(3) Okay, there was a writer on here whose story involved scars with a knife (also an Erestor/Glorfindel pairing) and while I like the idea of the scarring on Erestor (heehee, we beat the emotional shit out of this character for our own amusement) I made mine burns. So thanks, one the one hand, and on the other, I wasn't ripping your idea, so please don't be mad. I'm just a little writer trying her hand at having some fun.
(4) Enjoy, and don't be shy about flaming. I'm a big grrl.

1. Kinslayer by Merrie [Reviews - 0] (18860 words)

2. Kinslayer: Numb by Merrie [Reviews - 0] (26351 words)
Summary: The final fight of the Balrog Slayer

Authors Note: This is a continuation, in some measure, of the story Kinslayer, with the same pairing and the same general story line. Obviously, this fic blows canon apart, but then, don't they all? Enjoy.

Postscript: My thanks to Lae and Alfalfa.
3. Kinslayer: Broken by Merrie [Reviews - 0] (14226 words)
Summary: The spirit returns but the flesh is unyielding.

Warnings: I suppose, technically, it is AU. And there is a lot more of the beating the emotional shit out of my favourite characters in this. I can't help it - it's addictive!

Authors Note: This is a third installment of the series (can I call it that now?) started by 'Kinslayer', followed by 'Kinslayer: Numb'. It was only supposed to be one fic, but then it became two, and now, in order to thank all people who mailed me and bothered me about wanting a happier ending for our favourite couple, I've decided to write one (though it's rough going to get there). As always, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. And, I guess that here is as good a place as any to apologize for the hurried nature of several of the scenes (you'll know them when you read them). I just got very tired of this piece dragging on with absolutely no resolution, getting more and more off track, so I wrapped it all up. All those who asked for a happy ending, I hope this is sufficient. Take care.