Never Enough Time by Shadowlands

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Warning: This story was induced by supreme pie intake. It may get weird.

Alright people, you can read my story on one condition: You then must review. I entertain you with my little story, the least you can do is reveiw/email me and tell me what you liked. Or maybe I didn't entertain you. Maybe you think I'm stupid. Maybe you thought my story sucked. Well then, please review/email me and tell me so. I'm not opposed to recieving flames. I welcome all feedback. When you email me, please write something about "story" or "LoM" or "ff.net" in the subject line.
Legolas lept off his horse and began to run full tilt towards the looming building ahead. Thranduil shook his head at his youngest son. "Honestly, I don't know what gets into that child sometimes..." he remarked to his wife.

"He is a child no longer, dear," she reminded him.

Thranduil just shook his head again.




Legolas skidded to a halt outside of the nodescript wooden door. He quickly looked himself over to make sure that his clothes were straight. He nervously tucked a few stray strands of hair behind his ear and knocked gently on the door.

"Hold on a second," came a voice from inside.

Just the sound of that voice caused Legolas's heart to skip a couple beats. The door opened slowly to reveal Elladan, looking as if he had just woken up (which indeed he had).

The second the door was open, Legolas pounced on Elladan, knocking both of them flying backwards into the room and onto the floor.

"Oh sweet merciful Mother!" Elladan cursed.

Legolas stood quickly, pulling Elladan to his feet as well.

"Legolas!" Elladan cried, realizing who it was that had attacked him.

The two elves embraced once again. "Heavens, Legolas," Elladan breathed into Legolas's hair. "It has been much too long."

Legolas nuzzled his face into the crook of Elladan's neck. He murmured in agreement. Footsteps could be heard coming down the hall. The elves lept apart upon realization that the door was wide open.

"Elladan?" came a voice from the hall. Elrohir poked his head in the room. "Oh Legolas. I hadn't known you had arrived yet. But Elladan, Father says we are to leave at dawn." With that, he continued down the hall.

"Where are you going?" Legolas asked curiously.

Elladan sighed and sat heavily on the bed. He motioned for Legolas to follow.

"Yestermorn, a renegade band of orcs were spotted terrorizing a tiny village. They killed almost everyone, and now they're headed for Rohan. Father says we are not to let them reach their quarry."

Legolas pulled Elladan closer. "Well then, you will go with your brother. Do what you must do."

"But I want to stay here. I want to be a part of the Coucil. I never get to be a part of these important things. Why not? Everyone else gets to be here." He sighed and rested his head on Legolas's shoulder. "And I want to stay with you."

Legolas smiled and gently kissed Elladan's forhead. "I wish you could. But you must do as your father bids."

"I know... but sometimes it's so hard..."

A silence grew between them.

Then Legolas had a thought. "Elladan, you don't leave until dawn."

"So?"

"That leaves us tonight."

"Oh. OH!"




A few hours before dawn, Legolas woke up.

He tried to roll over to look out the window, but he found that there was a pair of arms around his waist that were preventing him from moving.

"Good morning, beautiful," came Elladan's soft voice in his ear.

Legolas smiled and shifted slightly so Elladan could place a small kiss on his cheek. "I think we should get up soon," Legolas said, straining against the arms.

"No," Elladan said. "We still have a few more hours at least. We will stay in bed." "But what is there to do in bed, Ell-y?" Legolas asked, feigning innocence.

Elladan laughed and took a playful swat at Legolas's head.

"I think you can guess that one, oh noble prince."




Less then two hours later, Legolas was standing at the gates to the city, wacthing Elladan and Elrohir ride off into the distance.

Oh well he thought to himself. They will be back in a few days. It's not like anything important is going to happen between then and now anyways...

And oh, how wrong he was.