New Love by Mercutio

An hour later Merry came up the hill, searching for Pippin. He saw him curled up and noticed the tearstains on his cheeks and tears sprang to his own eyes, tears of anger. Why couldn't he have said it? Why couldn't he have told Pippin how much that he loved him? He cursed out loud at himself. If he'd just had Pippin's courage, he could've saved his love from so much heartache.

"Oh, Pippin," He breathed, the tears trickling down his face. "I'm so sorry Pip. I wish I had told you. But I don't have your courage, Pippin. I was scared. Please forgive me."

Pippin, who had woken up when he heard Merry's footsteps, opened his eyes to see Merry crying silently, his eyes squeezed shut. His anger dissolved and he touched his love's hand. Merry's eyes flew open and he fell over and landed on his rear beside Pippin. Pippin laughed at him and sat up.

"Oh, Merry," Pippin started but Merry interrupted him.

"No, Pippin." He took a deep breath and began. "I'm so sorry I ever hurt you and I understand if you hate me now and don't love me anymore but I love you and I'm sorry I never said it and please forgive me." Pippin laughed at Merry because Merry barely took a breath.

"Merry," he said smiling at the forlorn Brandybuck. "Merry I'd still love you if you turned out to be the biggest prat in the Shire." Merry's face lit up in a smile and he pulled the Took to him. He held Pippin to him for a minute before releasing him.

"I really do love you, Peregrin Took." Pippin smiled, all the love he was feeling reflected in Merry's eyes.

"And I love you Meriadoc Brandybuck." Merry leaned toward Pippin and their lips met for the first time. Merry smiled against Pippin's lips. It was a sweet kiss that lovers share only with each other. It soon became heated with passion however and Merry pulled away before it got too heated chuckling at Pippin's whimper of protest.

"Not here, love," he said huskily. "What if we were to get caught?" Pippin pouted and Merry leaned in for a quick kiss. He stood and helped Pippin up. He smiled at his newfound love and Pippin smiled back. "How about that supper we were promised?" Pippin's face lit up.

"I'll race you!"