How Glorfindel Came to Have A 'Crew Cut' by Gwyl

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Posted: 29/09/07

Timeline: AU

Beta: Just me.

My first ever posted work! Just a short, hopefully funny, ficlet. Feedback would be awfully appreciated!
Imladris

"Owww oww, get off! Get your grubby little paws off my beautiful hair!" Glorfindel nearly screamed. Elrohir's small sticky fingers were firmly secured in his gorgeous long blonde locks, his pride and joy that had taken nearly a century to get right.

"Elrohir I swear, get off, or the Valar knows what I shall do to you." He tried tugging a bit more, but that hurt and his skull ached and he realised there was nothing he could do.

"Glorfindel don't you speak to my little one like that. You hurt him and the Balrog incident will pale in comparison." Celebrian said as she swept down on the blonde warrior as she saw him struggling with the little boy.

Glorfindel blushed, as he did not realise he had been overheard. He had just come to fetch Elrohir for his afternoon archery lesson, and had found him trying to make something out of the bits of wood that had been left from the bow making. His hands had been covered in some sort of glue and before Glorfindel realised the small elf had been trapped in his hair. Trust him for deciding this was one day he would wear his hair down.

It had all been newly washed and cut to perfection, the Imladrian Barber always loved styling Glorfindel's hair and had made a fine job of it too. Glorfindel revelling in his new hair had promptly worn it down, whereas usually he had it up for any sort of sparring. And now all the good work looked like it was about to come undone.

"I'm sorry Glorfindel, I didn't realise the glue was so sticky, and I just wanted to give you a hug."

"Well now look what you've done little one, we are well and truly stuck." Glorfindel tried to glare at Elrohir, who looked like his favourite hunting dog had just died, and failed in the sad look of those large grey eyes.

Celebrian stood there sighing and shaking her head, surveying the situation.

"Well, it seems there is only one thing we can do. You're going to have to cut it off."

Glorfindel looked stricken, and shocked, as if he had watched the Balrog fall and then promptly jump up and start dancing. As if she could utter such a thing. His beautiful blonde locks, his namesake, taken off.

"No, no." Glorfindel started gabbling.

"I'll go get the barber, I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out."

She walked off. Glorfindel, jaw hanging, watched her go. He told himself that he would not cry.

"I really am very, very sorry Glorfindel." Elrohir beside him said.


So it was that Glorfindel was one of the first elves to have what humans would later call a 'crew cut', with a short back and sides.

"Well you have to admit dear one, it does show off your glorious cheekbones. Glorfindel frowned, as he had been doing for the last two days with this new haircut of his.

Erestor gave him a kiss on the well-exposed cheek, and the perpetual sour look brightened slightly.

"And besides, it won't get in the way. No more dashing around looking for a hair ribbon and scrounges for a hairbrush. You're always losing your hairbrushes though the Valar knows you must have accumulated hundreds over the years. And its really quick to wash and dry, and you don't need to spend endless hours preening yourself, though I know you like to anyway." Erestor had been trying to give him all the good points about short hair, but to no avail Glorfindel had been downcast since it was cut off.

"And anyway darling, it'll grow back."

Glorfindel smiled at that.