Fixed by Laur Melyanna

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Beta: As always, Nikkiling. I think I should really start paying you babe heheh.

This sequel was provoked by a comment made by Vesta. I am not sure if it is the kind of sequel one would expect, but it is what inspiration offered me. On a much lighter note than Broken, I hope you all enjoy it.
Erestor still held Glorfindel's body in the same position in which they had fallen asleep; sitting on the floor, in front of the softly burning fire that was now completely extinguished. Their legs were angled and his arms safely held the body that found comfort against his broad chest.

His friend had cried many times, found despair and hope all over again as memory played the trick of longing with him. But the warrior had finally found enough peace of heart to let his mind drift away and his body find rest. Now, with the early rays of the morning sun, the Balrog Slayer looked tranquil and safe from the turbulent chasm of his past.

A smile touched the advisor's lips as he felt Glorfindel's body stir awake and watched awareness return to the cyan pools that were his eyes. He kissed the top of the golden head gently and cupped his friend's face, caressing the soft skin with his slender and tan fingers, in a silent greeting to a new day.

The soft smile turned into amusement as Glorfindel momentarily ignored him, stretching within his embrace before settling comfortably and turning his face to look into Erestor's eyes. There was still sadness, the advisor noted, knowing there would be. That broken look that has no sufficient adjectives to describe, but one can always tell it belongs to an aching person.

"Good morning," came the soothing voice.

"Good morning," the blond responded quietly, sitting up properly and beginning to shift away from his friend.

"Glorfindel," Erestor called in a calm tone. He was always in control of his emotions, because he always let himself experience them. His serenity of spirit and mind was always one of the first traits to remember him by.

"I made you a promise last night." He continued watching Glorfindel nod, acquiescing his words. "I like to keep my promises, but to keep some, I need cooperation." He silenced for a moment, taking the warrior's cheek in the cup of his hand once more. "Will you cooperate with me?"

Again there was silence, Erestor's expression unwavering as if he could see the other's thoughts coming into life. Finally he received a nod, followed by whispered words.

"I will." They were firm, and certain.

The dark haired elf nodded, smiling appreciatively, gently as always. "Do you know how I intend to mend your heart?" Came the second question. Erestor's dark eyes were candid and open and there had never been a doubt in his mind as to how he would mend this heart and keep his promise.

"I do" Again Glorfindel's answer was accompanied by a nod. "But take it slow with me". His soft request brought a new smile to the advisor's face.

"I know at what pace to take this" He assured, brushing some disheveled golden locks back into place in Glorfindel's vast mane of hair.

"And how do you know?"

Erestor's smile broadened, as if he had expected that question. "Because I am good at that. I know what I am doing."

"You know how to mend hearts and seduce people?" Glorfindel asked with the first hint of a smile to touch his lips since the day before. He was grateful for Erestor's presence, for his interest in healing him of his millennia old wound to the heart. The reassuring and firm aura about the dark haired elf had always made him feel at ease, and now it made him feel safe depositing the shatters of his heart in the hands of such capable craftsman.

"Exactly" The advisor chuckled.

"And then after my heart mends, I suppose you will heal the hearts of others with such a beautiful gift?" Glorfindel was still closed, not too ready to take a new step, but firmly decided to do so. Yet he would prefer to remain in the same place than walk a few steps and be left behind to fall even deeper into the chasm. And Erestor knew that.

"After I mend your heart, it will be up to you to use the bandages I used to keep it together, to tie me to it" He answered with a simple smile, delighted with the deepening smile in his friend's features.

"I love the answers you find to things," Glorfindel spoke, reaching for the other's shoulders to house him in a friendly embrace. And it was so good to know he could still find the heart to show affection as easily as he always had.

"Do you now?" Erestor asked, helpless to the grin on his lips. He pressed his brow to Glorfindel's and he chuckled staring into his eyes for a brief moment before relinquishing his hold on the powerful elf and drawing him to stand.

"I must go now, but I will return tonight." He crouched to plant another kiss to the top of the warrior's head, his sand colored robes fanning about and swirling around his body as he stood once more and took his leave. His destiny was certain and he was eager to the outcome of his first attempt of fitting a shard of that golden heart back in, leaving no scars or grooves behind.




The night found Glorfindel and Erestor together once more. Words were scarcely exchanged between them; there was little need for it. They had kept quiet and comfortable company to each other for centuries, but tonight the smile of the dark advisor's lips asked for verbal explanation.

He offered a hand to Glorfindel shortly after having arrived, no greetings. The blond sighed softly and stood, stretching his arm to fit a calloused hand against his friend's elegant ones.

"I have a gift for you" Erestor whispered, bringing the other's hand close to his lips and gently kissing the palm. His other hand untied a small pouch from his black leggings and placed a small, cold object in that hand. He closed the fingers around it before letting go to watch the warrior.

Glorfindel's brow furrowed as he opened his hand and analyzed what had been placed upon it. It was a somewhat mal-formed miniature that resembled the one Ecthelion had carved, but it held no features, no indicating resemblance save for the similar shape and the still present memory in his mind. There was a difference though: it was made of heavy iron. His eyes traveled up to Erestor's inquisitively, awaiting his explanation.

"It won't break," came the whisper from smiling lips.

Glorfindel's features softened and his lips quivered with a trembling breath. Erestor's arms were soon found massively filled with the elf that held him tightly. He could feel the blond's heart thundering against his chest, and brushing away locks of golden hair from the strong shoulders, the advisor bared a pale neck and pressed a soft kiss to it, smiling against the soft skin and fiercely pulsing veins beneath.

Just then, there, a little piece healed back in place. The first of them all.