Natul Poika (Becoming Pure) by Nerwen

“Bind…” Thranduil said trailing off slightly, a little taken aback by this bold proposal. “You wish for us to tie our souls together?”

"Of course." Glorfindel said a little worried by Thranduil's expression, his heart constricting slightly in fear. “You sound a little bit reluctant…I know that we haven’t known each other very long but I have never felt this way about another before not even when I was in love with Erestor did I feel like this.” Glorfindel paused cupping Thranduil’s cheek. “I want to be with you, you and no other.” He said looking into Thranduil’s eyes.

Thranduil smiled placing his hand over Glorfindel’s, he could feel his pulse through that warm hand on his face, it was so fast and he could swear he felt a slight tremble in his fingers…Glorfindel was nervous. “No need to worry love, I will gladly take this step with you.” He moved his face to gently kiss the palm of Glorfindel’s hand. “I’m not reluctant, more surprised that you asked.”

“Why wouldn’t I? All that I have confessed to you has been true, why would I even hesitate” He asked pulling Thranduil into a strong embrace. “I am overjoyed that you have said yes though, for a while I had thought you hadn’t released your wife…so I refrained from asking.” He said seeing Thranduil’s expression change a little.

“There was never any need to release her, we never bound ourselves to one another, I have never been bound to someone else, not Terrance, nor my wife, I never could…although asked by both of them I couldn’t say yes…but it’s different with you, I have no reservations about being yours eternally, forever, I do love you very much, isn’t this what you do when you’re in love?” Thranduil said giving Glorfindel a most passionate kiss.

Glorfindel smiled. “Obviously not as a rule…may I ask why? I couldn’t image you saying no to either one of them, and I know you must have loved them…what makes me different?” He asked.

“It was because I loved them so dearly that I said no, the life I lead and who I am made it almost an impossibility for me to give myself to them fully. My marriage with my wife was arranged by my father and I learned to love her, and Terrance…he was the only other person in my life I considered family.” Thranduil sighed. “When your contacts with others are so limited you form attachments from lack of options, but how I met you was completely by chance and I think that made my feelings for you all the stronger.” Thranduil smiled at him. “It's not that I didn’t love them, a part of me will always love both of them but with you…it’s different because I was given a choice. I could have ignored you if I wished, but I allowed myself the option of getting to know you, you being my choice I believe it made my feelings for you stronger.” He said pausing for a moment.

“I must speak with my children, while I do not require their approval I want their blessing in this union, I need their support if I am to be capable of being separated from you at times…you should speak with Elrond, you belong to him and his family and I do not wish to take you away from that…and I hope you will not throw that life away for me, I want Elrond to know who your heart belongs to.” Thranduil said.

Glorfindel smiled at Thranduil and kissed his forehead lovingly. “Go talk to your children, I’ll speak with Elrond…you should speak with Terrance too.” Glorfindel said although he didn’t need to, Thranduil knew.

“I’ll meet you later tonight, in the talan.” Thranduil said.

Glorfindel smiled. “I’ll meet you there.” He said as the two parted ways.




“Well I didn’t expect this from a councilor.” Terrance said as he blocked Erestor’s next attack, their swords slamming against each other with great force.

“Guess I wanted to surprise you.” Erestor replied as he attacked again being surprised at how agile Terrance was; he blocked what he wasn’t able to dodge and had amazing strength.

“And where exactly did you learn this sword-play?” He said going on the offensive when Erestor lunged at him suddenly.

“I fought in the Last Alliance, as did you, and it’s not as if I could assist my Lord without knowing how to wield a sword, a bow, I’m also skilled in knives.” Erestor said as he lowered his weapon. “I knew before actually speaking with you that you were a warrior, however I actually know you for your sculptures and paintings…not your combat skill.”

“I don’t do that too much anymore…I used too and I miss it but everything I have done recently is not up to standard.” Terrance said, he as a child wished to be a sculptor an artist until his eyes were drawn to the Royal family but his skill did not diminish, the Halls of Mirkwood had much of his sculptures and paintings but nothing as of late had been created.

“Why did you stop?” Erestor asked.

“…Thranduil…he was my main source of inspiration, I have hundreds of drawings and painting of him that I never had displayed or sculpted from a child to an adult.” Terrance paused. “Then I was sent away by his father and when I came back it was…strange…the desire to draw him, make him, he was untouchable by that point with his wife and children and I simply wasn't able to do him justice in my work anymore, he was complete with his wife and children…I couldn’t make him any more beautiful.” Terrance said.

Terrance smiled “I have a surprise for you.” Terrance said a she took Terrance’s hand and led him back to their talan. He reached beneath his bed pulling out a canvas and a charcoal set. “A friend gave this to me as a gift, but I found out easily I have no talent for a canvas but you do, I want a portrait…I want something of you to return with me when I go to Imladris.” He said.

“While I am flattered you would ask this of me I cannot do a portrait of myself I could…attempt a portrait of you if you like though.” Terrance said letting his hand run down the canvas feeling the thick texture.

“Attempt?” Erestor repeated curiously.

“Some things I can draw some I cannot, most of my drawing are scratchy at best I usually only use them as a blueprint for a sculpture they are not normally displayed…” He said looking to Erestor.

“If it’s by you, that’s all that matters to me.” Erestor said.

Terrance gave him a small smile. “Very well…as a favor I will do this for you…” He took the small box of charcoal and set up the canvas to where he would not have to hold it up on his own. It laid flat against the floor as he sat next to it. “Please.” He said gesturing with his hand. “Sit.” He said as Erestor sat facing him on the floor.

Terrance closed his eyes as his hand began to gently run over Erestor’s face, slowly almost sensually over his eyelids his mouth nose and neck, Erestor wanted to move his face with that hand but stayed still, he noticed that Terrance’s drawing hand was moving across the canvas along with the hand on his face it seemed he was able to map out a perfect stroke of the charcoal with simply touching him and he didn’t even need to look to see if it was coming along all right…and it was, it was no wonder he seemed to be partial to being a sculptor not a painter, he had an amazing feel for the human body.

Terrance’s hand was warm and Erestor could feel the scars on his hand as he touched him, but it wasn’t uncomfortable or unnerving the more time he spent with Terrance the more and more he became comfortable with him not caring how he obtained the scars or that they were even there. Terrance began to run his hand through the straight locks of Erestor’s hair making the said elf sigh slightly, he enjoyed his hair being touched for him it was a very sensual action although it was unknown to Terrance, and his focus was more on the drawing than the subject.

Terrance’s hand ran down his neck across his shoulders and down his chest to his abdomen, Erestor wanted him to continue but he had stopped to look at how the portrait was coming along.

“Looks like I can still draw…at least I can still draw you anyway.” He said with a small smile.

Erestor looked at the portrait and sure enough Terrance’s talent shown through with every curve of the coal. He began to sketch and smear the portion of Erestor’s hair and shadows of light across him, and he finished in a short amount of time.

“You said your drawings were sketchy at best…this is beautiful though…” Erestor said moving a bit closer to get a better look at the portrait of himself that was more beautiful than he had ever pictured himself before.

“It's not hard…specifically when my subject is beautiful.” He said although he kept his eyes on the drawing not wanting to look at Erestor although a soft hand on his face forced him to do so.

“I know exactly what you mean.” Erestor said softly before leaning in to kiss him gently.

Terrance hesitated a first but the lips against his were rather persistent and he eventually gave in to the wonderful feeling of those soft red lips kissing his with such passion behind them…a passion he thought lost to him. Terrance was not normally shy around other but this elf was so different than anyone he had ever met before everything he did caught Terrance off guard somewhat, at least in this situation though he knew how to handle this elf.

Terrance pushed against Erestor slightly forcing the other to yield somewhat as he pulled him closer, wrapping one arm around his waist as the other gently held the back of Erestor’s head his fingers tangling themselves in the locks and gently tugging upon them as their kiss intensified.

Erestor gasped lightly when the heat of Terrance’s tongue shot past his lips, he was a fantastic kisser and it was making Erestor swoon his body heating up as he pulled Terrance ever closer to him, not wanting to let go but Terrance pulled away after a moment his breathing heavy as he looked at Erestor contemplatively.

“Why do you look at me like that?” Erestor asked softly.

“Do you honestly want this of me? You know I am bound to Thranduil and his family…they are the only family I have ever known and I cannot sacrifice their love for the love of another…” He pulled away reluctantly from Erestor.

“I have wanted you for years, every cleansing ceremony I wanted to speak to you and now that I finally have been given the chance to know you, and to have you here with me, I’m not so inclined to let you go. So yes I want this of you.” He said kissing him gently. “I want all of you.” He said kissing along his jaw line and neck. “I am not bound to my lord; I would happily go to Mirkwood to be at your side…”

Terrance smiled at the statement but gently pulled away form him again. “I am willing to explore this feeling with you but let us take this slowly; I am not prone to rush into any type of relationship with you…is this a relationship? Are we a couple now?” He asked.

“I’ll have to say yes…I will belong to you if you will belong to me.” Erestor said running a hand down his lovers face.

“Let us seal this with a kiss.” He said leaning in to taste his newfound lover.




Thranduil walked to the tournament grounds; he knew this was where his eldest son spent most of his time although it was his youngest son he found first. Legolas was once again at the archery tournament his skill out shinning all others once more. Thranduil admired him for a moment until the tournament recessed. The youth soon spotted Thranduil and ran up to him practically jumping into his father's arms as Thranduil returned the embrace happily.

“You are doing so well my son, I am so proud of you!” He said setting the young elf on the ground.

“I’m glad you came ada. I wanted you to see how much I have improved; these games are sharpening my skills and brother has promised train me with a sword so I can hopefully compete by the next ceremony.” Legolas said. Legolas' mind usually ran a mile a minute but it alwas pleased Thranduil that his son was so active and alive,

“Your brother is very skilled with a sword, and If he is to train you I’m sure you will learn much, do you know where your brother is? Where either of them are?” Thranduil asked.

“They are both by the river not far from here; they are having a late midday meal and reading…do you want me to take you to them?” He asked.

“The game will start again soon, I wouldn’t want you to miss it, I can find them on my own.” Thranduil said not wanting to spoil his sons possible victory. Not to mention if he was to discuss this with Legolas it was best he did it alone, his other two sons were older they would understand better.

Legolas smiled and hugged his father strongly before he returned to the game. Thranduil watched for a few minutes and then went toward the river to meet with his other two children. It would be easiest to talk to his eldest children first and foremost anyway, Legolas was still so very young that he was still somewhat unsure on how to word it correctly.

Thranduil smiled upon seeing his two eldest together, Lenwë had his head in his brothers lap and was resting comfortably as he read aloud to his older brother. The two of them had always been close to one another, and with Valandil having been studying abroad for the past few years and seeming to enjoy the outdoors so much had and Lenwë hadn't had much time to spend together. It was nice of Valandil to make time for the two of them, Thranduil almost felt a little guilty for having to interrupt them, but it couldn't be helped.

"I'm glad to see the two of you spending time together." Thranduil said smiling at them.

Valandil smiled at his father sitting up slightly. "Join us, I haven't had much time to see you or Lenwë, you still trying to tame your newfound friend?" Valandil teased slightly.

Thranduil scoffed slightly at this. "Glorfindel..." He said softly so both of his children could hear him but not any elf's that happen to be close by.

"Hmmm...so that's what he looks like then, in all my abroad travels and studies I never had the opportunity to really meet him before. I never thought he would be so brazen, I half expected him to be somewhat withdraw but he was awfully forward with you ada." Valandil said.

"But I suppose you came to tell us something about him, knowing his name suggests that the two of you have become closer than even you expected too, right?" Lenwë added. Apparently Valandil had already told Lenwë about the interest some had taken in Thranduil.

"I have spent almost every moment of my time here with him, and the more I know the more I want him...I want him to stay by my side to be with me as a bonded mate." Thranduil paused a moment. "But you, my children, are still the most important people in my life and I will not trade your love for his, I wish to bind to him but not without your blessing in this." Thranduil said.

Both Valandil and Lenwë smiled at this father. "We both wish for nothing but your happiness ada, if he makes you so by all means be with him." Lenwë said. "There is nothing you could do to make us forsake our love for you, our blessing is not required but I give you mine gladly."

"You've been alone much too long, I worry that you are becoming lonely...however I do have some concern for he is bound to lord Elrond and you to Mirkwood, I do not want this relationship to place more undue stress upon you or worse to cause you heartache." Valandil said.

Thranduil smiled at his son. "We have discussed this, and I understand that long distance is not to optimal situation but I will have what I can in this…as long as it is him that is all I care about."

"You have my blessing as well father…I assume you two will bind during the ceremony?" Valandil asked.

"…I want to, although we haven't discussed when as of yet."Thranduil said.

"Have you spoken to Legolas yet?" Lenwë asked.

"No I saw him at the archery tournament but didn't wish to spoil his fun, and I'm trying to find the words to explain it to him, I'm not so sure he understands a binding." Thranduil said Legolas being too young to fully understand the magnitude of this act.

"You should give him more credit, the problem though isn't understanding the initial act it's his mind set that I would worry about." Valandil said.

Thranduil frowned somewhat. "What do you mean?" Thranduil asked.

"Legolas is incredibly dependent upon you father probably due to mother being absent in his life, he has a terrible daddy-complex within you…haven't you noticed?" Lenwë asked.

"…I suppose…I guess it's a good thing that I decided to discuss this with him privately then." Thranduil said. "You fear he wouldn't want me to bind?" Thranduil asked.

"I fear he will see it as giving you away to someone, someone he doesn't know…he might not want to let you go as of yet, he would end up looking upon Glorfindel as the elf that stole his father which would be even worse. His mind set of a binding is that of a father who is giving away their daughter…but in this case it's a son giving away his father, you must word this carefully so he is not to misunderstand the situation, in worry he might not give you his blessing." Valandil explained.

"I don't believe I could bind unless I had his blessing too…if there is any uncertainty in any of you I simply couldn't. I serve you three first and foremost you are the one thing I would never sacrifice no matter how much I wanted something you are all far too important to me." Thranduil said.

Lenwë sta up and hugged his father, "You needn't worry about me ada, I want you to be happy and I don't want you to think for another second that I would want anything less, I am certain in my decision to grant my blessing." He said kissing his father's cheek lovingly.

"As am I." Valandil said as he hugged him also.

The three embraced for a few moments longer before releasing one another. They spoke for a while longer until the archery tournament was drawing to a finish and Thranduil wished to catch Legolas before he ran off again. "I will see you two later, I hope you two get to spend the time you wanted together more often." Thranduil said walking away.

As he walked away he could see his son's settling down once again closer than they should be but farther than they wanted. He knew his two sons were developing more of a relationship than a brotherly affection for one another. This attraction was partly why Valandil traveled so much, he thought it best to distance himself from Lenwë so the attraction wouldn’t grow…but it obviously was impossible to avoid one another during the ceremony. If their relationship did grow he should speak with Elrond, his twin sons grew to love one another and his advice would prove helpful, although he knew deep down that he wouldn’t stop them from pursuing happiness even if it was within one another.

Thranduil took a deep breath and walked toward the tournament to speak whit his youngest son, praying that he would understand and he could bind to Glorfindel and be with him like he was with no other.