Love is Never at First Sight by Danielle Elenauial

Legolas felt the hours creep by slowly. Death was consuming him slower than he had wished. His stomach was in pain from hunger, but he couldn't move enough to eat. He could barely talk anymore.

All he could do was think about Aragorn. Aragorn's smile, Aragorn's laughter, the feel of Aragorn's lips pressed against his...Legolas sighed. That had only been a few days ago, but it felt like it had been forever. Time goes by slowly when you can only lie in one position all day long and do nothing but stare at the ceiling.

Legolas wondered where his father had gone. He had been gone for a day now and even the king's closest attendants didn't seem to know where he had gone. He wanted to say goodbye to his father one more time before he died.

When he thought about it, there were a lot of people he wanted to say goodbye too. Some of them he already had, but some of them he doubted he would ever get a chance to, like Elrond.

Legolas sighed. He was incredibly bored. He had just slept for a couple hours and there was nothing he could do in his confinement, besides think. And he had already thought about Estel for hours...

Suddenly, he heard the sound of someone fumbling with his door knob. Curious, he tried to turn his head to see who it was. But his head wouldn't turn. He just lay there, stiff as a board, while the person came and stood over his bed.

Legolas's heart skipped at least three beats. His spirit rose and soared to the top of the room and several pieces of his broken heart stuck themselves back together.

"Aragorn." he muttered, finding the strength to move his lips again.

"Oh, Legolas, how could I let this happen?" Aragorn asked himself as he stared down at Legolas's pitiful state, tears welling in his eyes.

"Don't cry Aragorn!" said Legolas, suddenly struck with sympathy.

"Legolas, I can't believe you didn't know!" Aragorn whispered gently, a tear making a wet trail down his cheek.

"What is it?" Legolas asked desperately.

Aragorn wiped away his tears and stared into Legolas's eyes. "I love you," he whispered gently, his mouth an inch away from Legolas's. "I have loved you for a long time now. Don't you know that?"

Legolas would have though Aragorn was lying, if not for how deeply the man's eyes were pouring into his own. In his eyes, Aragorn was promising Legolas that he would never leave him. Promising to always love him, and promising that he would never hurt him.

Suddenly, Legolas's heart was whole again and his body was once again light enough to move. "Oh Aragorn, I love you too!" Legolas cried, throwing himself upwards at Aragorn's chest.

"I know," murmured Aragorn, stroking Legolas's golden hair. "Your father told me."

"He knew?" asked Legolas, pulling away to face Aragorn.

"Yes, he figured it out." said Aragorn, "And he wants us to be together."

Legolas grinned wickedly, "Then why don't we start right now?"

Aragorn gave a deep chuckle before pushing Legolas back onto the bed and began to tear apart the elf's shirt.




Around an hour later, Aragorn and Legolas laid still, wrapped up in each other's arms silently for several minutes, until Legolas finally spoke.

"I love you, Aragorn, a'maelamin."

Aragorn smiled happily to himself before gently kissing the top of Legolas's head. "I love you too, lirimaer."

Legolas turned his head and looked deep into his lover's eyes. "Will you always love me?"

"Always. I will love you forever. You are the mela en' coiamin."

As he buried deeper into the man's arms, Legolas couldn't help but grin as he whispered, "I will always love you too."

Not another word was spoken that night as the pair slowly drifted off into sleep, their hearts content and their bodies warm from the heat of one another. Each one slept more peacefully then they had for many, many years.




The next morning, Maltalas, who hadn't talked to his father the day before, went to go check on Legolas. When he walked into the room, he noticed Legolas was asleep on the bed. But he wasn't exactly alone.

Aragorn was lying on his back and Legolas was lying on his side, his body pressed up tightly against Aragorn's. The blanket was covering the lower half of their bodies, but judging by their bare chests, Maltalas guessed they weren't wearing anything down there either.

Maltalas smiled to himself as he slowly turned around and left the room. After the door was closed behind him, he whispered, "Well, that explains a lot."