Valentines Day at Bagend by Oni

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Just a one shot piece of fluff for Frodo and Sam to celebrate V-day, although I know it's not a real holiday. Please R/R.

In this fic, just picture Sam at about age fifteen, and Frodo how he usually looks, obviously, they are a bit older than they look but because of hobbit years that's how they would look and act.
Frodo awoke to the sound of light rain pattering on his window pain. He starred up at the ceiling, not really wanting to get up that morning. He turned to his side, and saw breakfast waiting for him on his bedside table. He got up and looked out the window to see his Sam working in the gardens. He smiled as he watched Sam, playing in the rain, laughing as the cool water fell on him, the raindrops clinging to his golden brown curls, and sliding swiftly down his body, soaking his white shirt, making it stick tightly to his thin frame, his bright green eyes showing great excitement.

Frodo had a goofy smile on his face but then realized it and shook his head, 'No Frodo! Stop it! You mustn't think such things! He's only a lad! Pull yourself together!' He told himself. He looked out the window once more, and Sam, as if on que, looked up at him and smiled happily, Frodo practically melted. That smile was so brilliant, so lovely in every way, it was the smile of someone who loved life, so beautiful was his Sam. Frodo couldn't help but smile back, then Sam got up and returned to his work, Frodo turned around and sighed wistfully, why did Sam have to smile at him? It just made everything twice as hard. He went to his bed and sat back down.

A few hours later, Frodo was dressed and ready for the day. He walked to Bilbo's old study and looked at the calendar on the wall.

"Hmmm, if today's the thirteenth then....WHAT!?!?!?!" Frodo practically screamed. "Tomorrow! Valentines Day is TOMORROW!?!?!?!" Yes, Tomorrow was the day that all hobbit lads and lasses gave a gift to the one they loved, Frodo had decided to hide for Valentines Day, knowing that some hobbit lasses were hoping to give him something, although he had secretly hoped to give something to one person in particular. But he wasn't quite sure if he should or not. He walked over to his desk, opened up the drawer and took out a silver chain with an elvish pendant attached. It was the elvish symbol for perfect love, and he had planned to give it to Sam. A knock rapped on the door, and it opened to reveal a waterlogged Sam, Frodo jumped and hid the pendant behind his back.

"Yes? What is it Sam?" He asked in a nervous tone, but Sam was too cold to notice. His face was quite pale, and completely sopping, his wet bangs sticking to his forehead. "W-w-well s-sir, I was jus', jus' ch-checkin if you needed any firewood is all." Sam shivered violently. Frodo frowned.

"Sam, isn't it bad weather to be working today? You'll catch a cold." Frodo remarked. Sam just shook his head.

"N-now there's no, no reason f-fer you to be con-concerning yerself with that Mr. Frodo, I'm perfectly fine! Now, is th-there any, any f-firewood left?" Sam asked, still shivering quite bad.

"Yes Sam, there's enough for right now, you should take a break, c'mon, I'll make you some tea." Frodo slipped the pendant back in the drawer and walked up, put his arm around the young hobbit, and lead him out of the room. He took him to his bedroom, and gave him some clothes.

"There you go," Frodo told Sam, tossing the clothes at him, "Put those on, they might be a bit big, but they'll be more comfortable than what you're wearing now." Sam's pale face turned bright red, and he nodded his head.

"Th-thank you s-sir." Sam said as Frodo left the room smiling. When Sam finished changing, he went out of the room and starting walking around, trying to find Frodo.

"Mr. Frodo! Mr. Frodo!" Sam shouted, looking for him, pretty soon, he bumped into something, and came crashing to the floor. He rubbed the bump on his head.

"Sam! There you are! I was looking for you, are you alright?" Frodo said, holding out his hand for Sam. Sam took it, and Frodo pulled him up.

"Now then, the tea's finished, c'mon," Frodo said.

"You didn't have to do that Mr. Frodo," Sam told him. Frodo laughed and shook his head.

"I wanted to," he replied.

They walked into the living room and Frodo led Sam to the couch.

"Wait here Sam, I'll get the tea." Frodo said, leaving the room.

Frodo was in the kitchen getting the tea. He began to walk back to the living room, and grabbed a towel on his way. When he reached it he saw Sam by the fireplace, where he had just started a fire.

"Samwise Gamgee! What are you doing?" Frodo asked, half laughing. Sam jumped, startled, and turned. "Oh, I was jus' starting a fire Mr. Frodo." Sam smiled, Frodo shook his head.

"You're so cute," Frodo laughed, but then realized what he said as Sam's face turned red.

'Did I just say that out loud!?!' Frodo thought to himself. He blushed as well and turned away as he set the tray on the tea (would be coffee if they had coffee back then) table.

"C'mon, sit down, I made it just the way you like it." Frodo said, glad to help Sam for once instead of the other way around. Sam got up and sat next to Frodo on the couch. Frodo grabbed the towel and looked at Sam.

"Your hair is drenched Sam, here." Before Sam could protest, he began toweling his hair rapidly, when he finished, Sam's hair was just damp, and no longer dripping down his face. Frodo took a cup of tea and handed it to Sam, then took one for himself. Sam smiled greatfully, and thanked him, then took a sip. They talked and laughed, and drank their tea, and soon it grew late into the night.

"What time is it Mr. Frodo?" Sam asked, Frodo looked at his watch. (Okay they have watches in this fic, so sue me!)

"It's eight, the time sure flies." Sam's eyes popped open.

"My Gaffer's gonna kill me! I have to get going!" Sam said jumping up. Frodo got up as well.

"Sam, you wouldn't want to walk home in this rain by yourself!" Frodo said.

"It can't be helped, my Gaffer wants me home, and he wont send anyone to get me if you follow me." Sam said. "I'll just be getting my clothes, and I'll return yours tomorrow if it's alright." Frodo nodded.

"At least let me walk you home, its dangerous for you to go out by yourself in this storm." Frodo said concerned.

"You don't have to Mr. Frodo, just don't worry about me, I'll be fine," Sam said, making his way to the door, "I'll be seeing you! Bye!" Sam said, he was about to close the door when Frodo stopped him.

"Wait Sam, I'm giving you the day off tomorrow okay?" Frodo said. Sam shook his head.

"No, It's alright Mr. Frodo, besides, what would my Gaffer think?" Sam said.

"Yes Sam, take the day off, besides, it's going to rain again anyway." Frodo told him.

"Well," Sam started.

"Trust me Sam, its fine." Frodo replied. Sam nodded and opened the door.

"G'bye Mr. Frodo! And thanks!" Sam said, and closed the door behind him.

Frodo couldn't sleep that night, worrying about whether he should give the pendant to Sam or not. Sam was so young, and besides, it wasn't normal, two lads together and all. He was very stressed, but eventually fell into an anxious sleep. The next morning, it was raining once again, just as he had predicted. He lay there silently for a minute, but got up when he heard knocking at the door. He moved through the main hall and answered the door, wondering who in world could it be. But he was surprised to see his young servant standing there holding a huge pile of firewood, shaking miserably.

"HACHOOO!" Sam sneezed loudly and collapsed on the floor, all the wood going down with him. Frodo just stood there a minute in a state of shock as Sam lay, buried under the wood. Soon he dug himself out and began to gather it up again.

"Sam! What are you doing here? I thought I gave you the day off!" Frodo said, confusion thick in his voice. Sam looked up, his eyes had black rims under them from lack of sleep, and his nose was bright red.

"Well sir, I came to-HACHOO!!!!" He started, a sneeze cutting him off half-way. "HACHOOHACHOOHACHOOO!!!!!!!" He sneezed about three more times in a row. "I came to return the clothes I borrowed and since I was out anyways, I chopped you some firewood seein as you were out and all....AH-AH-AHCOO!!!!!!!" He finished. Frodo bent over and helped him with the rest of the wood. When they finished getting it all, Frodo stood Sam up and crossed his arms.

"Now then, look at yourself, your sick, and your tired, and you came all the way over here just so you could give me firewood and drop my clothes off? Sam, you've got to start taking better care of yourself!" Frodo told him, Sam nodded silently.

"Well, here," Sam handed Frodo his clothes, and began to move the firewood to the storage unit.

"Sam," Frodo shouted, Sam turned and looked at him. "I have something for you, so when your done, come to my room." Sam nodded and Frodo went to Bilbo's office and took the pendant out of the drawer, he then went to his room and sat down, waiting for Sam. Not a minute later, a knock hit Frodo's door.




"Come in!" Frodo said, Sam opened the door, and walked in, closing it behind him.

"You said you had something for me sir?" Sam asked, questioning. Frodo nodded and stood up, walking over to Sam. He took the pendant from his pocket.

"I want you to have this," Frodo said, he fastened the chain around Sam's neck. Sam looked astounded, his eyes widened at the beauty of it, he was speechless.

"I-I don't know what to say," Sam said.

"It was hand crafted by an elven smith, many years ago, do you know what it means?" Frodo asked. Sam shook his head, still in a state of shock, how could Frodo ever give something so wonderful to him?

"It is the elvish symbol for perfect love, I, I don't know how to say this Sam but," before Frodo could finish his sentence, Sam's lips met his in a passionate kiss, and Frodo returned the kiss blissfully. Sam broke away, beaming.

"AHCHOO!!!" Sam sneezed, for he had been holding it in, but then he revealed a single rose. It looked magical, as if it were centuries old, but not a petal missing. It had black petals, with silver engravings on it and a silver stem as well. It was the loveliest flower ever.

"It's for you Frodo," Sam said, dropping the 'Mr' for once. Frodo took it.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, well, almost," Frodo said, shooting Sam a longing glance. Sam blushed, and smiled.

"I love you Samwise Gamgee, more than words could say," Frodo said, putting his hand on the side of Sam's face. He bent over and kissed him deeply, letting his emotions shine through the kiss.

"I love you too Frodo," Sam said, when they broke away, "and I'm so glad you feel the same."

Frodo embraced Sam, holding him tightly, never wanting to let him go, and Sam returned the embrace, smiling with complete satisfaction, whatever was to happen after that, they could handle it, for this was all that mattered now that they were finally together.
Chapter end notes: There you have it! Well, plz R/R! I hope you liked it! And if anyone wants to do a follow-up lemon on this, you know since they're conveniently in a bedroom (hint hint wink wink) then just ask!