Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Chapter notes: (two years after last chapter)
Legolas leaned against the rail as he looked out at Imladris. His heart was heavy as he watched his love making preperations. Elrond, Galadriel and many of the Imladris elves were going to sail for Valinor tomorrow. Elrond looked up and saw his lover's forlorn expression and his heart ached. Legolas was staying behind as were his sons, it was not their time to sail. His sons had been tempted to become mortal like their sister but they knew they could not. They would stay in Gondor with Legolas untill Aragorn and Arwen passed into the Halls of Waiting. Elrond smiled and thought back to the day at Helm's Deep.




Elrond opened his eyes and was greeted by Legolas's beautiful blue orbs.

"Amin mela lle Elrond." he had whispered before he kissed the half elf.

"Amin mela lle Legolas." he had murmured against the prince's lips.

"I will wait for you."

"And I shall wait for you in Valinor."

"Love me"

He could not ignore the soft request so he rolled over on top of the prince and showed him how much he loved him.




Legolas smiled and went back inside their rooms, a few mintues later Elrond came inside also. Elrond pulled the blonde into a fierce embrace as he knew that tonight would be the last night he would hold him in a long, long time. Legolas kissed Elrond desperatly as if he could fend off the coming morn.

"Love me" he whispered against his lovers lips.

And he was obliged.




Elrond and Galadriel met every ship that came to Valinor and time and time again they left together. They comforted one another in their times of darkness. He yearned for Legolas and she CeleCeleborn. Many thought that they were sleeping together but they never took that step. They swore to wait for their beloved elves and they did. Elrond was pleased to learn that Celebrain had healed and had fallen in love again with a mirkwood elf named Saelbeth. This time when the ship approached they saw four silver heads and one blonde. Legolas could hardly wait for the boat to dock because he craved the feeling of Elrond's arms around him. Legolas tore off the ship and threw himself at Elrond. Time had not dimmed their love. To Legolas Elrond was his savior. He had saed him long ago when he woke up in Imladris those many years ago. He had been saved by love.