Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Legolas watched as the various representaives of the races came to Imladris. A few days ago a wounded hafling had come bearing the one ring. Estel had followed with three other halflings and a council was called. He watched as several dwarfs arrived, some Lorien and Mirkwood elves, and finally a man from the south. Boromir could feel somone looking at him, glancing up he saw a elf staring at him. The elf was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Legolas squirmed under the prolonged gaze of the man, he felt as if he was being mentaly undressed. He turned quickly and returned to the halfling's side. He was watching the halfling for Elrond whom had gone out to tend to a wounded elf. Tenderly he bathed the halfling's forhead and attempted to bring down the fever. A soft knock sounded as the door opened and another halfling entered. He stood shyly at the door not daring to look upon Legolas.

"Please come in." Legolas said gesturing to the empty chair on the other side of the bed

The halfling hurridly clambered into the offered chair.

"What is your name?golagolas asked determined to break the ice.

"Samwise although all call me Sam. How is Mr. Frodo sir?" the halfling asked.

"Ahhh so his name is Frodo. I don't know how he is I am not a healer." Legolas's awnser was honest.

"Your not?" Sam looked very disapproving.

"Elrond had to go heal an injured elf. I am watching him till he returns." he responded still sponging off Frodo's face.

"What is your name?" Sam asked curious.

"Oh how careless of me! I am Legolas." Legolas smiled at Sam.

They chatted for hours while they awaited the return of Lord Elrond. When he did return Legolas took his leave and wandered down the corridors. Suddenly someone grabbed him and hurtled him against the nearest wall. A hand clamped over his mouth before he could cry out. He struggled against whom ever held him then he felt the cold hardness of a dagger at his throat. He ceased struggling and he tried to quell his rising fear.

"If you so much as move i'll gut you like a fish. Understand?" a cold voice hissed into his ear.

Legolas nodded and tried to calm his fears but suddenly he was being dragged away from the house. No! If he left the corridors they would never find him! He was drug out into the gardens and the attacker stopped. Legolas was forced to his knees and his hands bound. He could feel the dagger being removed from his neck and placed at his back. He was pushed so he was laying on his back staring up at thesky and his attacker. Gasping he remembered he had seen him before just that morning! Legolas knew the man meant to force him and he knew that once he was forced he would reject this life and go on. His only regret was Elrond he would never see his love again. His clothes were cff aff and tossed aside. Shame colored Legolas's face and he turned his eyes so he would not have to watch. Pain raced through him as the dagger sliced through one of his nipples. Howling Legolas tried to escape the dagger.

"No! Saes! Daro! Saes!" Legolas pleaded.

His attacker backhanded him and he tasted blood as he bit his lip.

"Shut up!" the words were hissed at him.

"Help me!!! Saes! Daro! Saes! Saes!" Legolas screamed over and over.

Suddenly the man began to beat him bloody. Gasping Legolas tried to protect himself as best he could.

"Where is the ring??"

"I won't tell!!" Legolas spat contempt lacing his voice.

"Foolish elf bruises h bon bones mend, and you can move on. But you can't come back from the dead. Tell me what I want to know!" he shook the elf violently before he hit him again and again.

"Never! Kill me if you want! I won't tell!" Legolas steeled himself for what was to come.

He saw the man raise his dagger and he prepared himself for the final blow. Suddenly the man's weight was forced off him and he struggled to see who was helping him. He saw Elrond's sons and Estel holding down the man. Glorfindel knet next to him and cut his bonds. Glorfindel helped the prince sit upright so he could wrap him up in a cloak. The man managed to throw off Estel and Elladan he raced away into the night. They let him go for they knew they would meet him again and soon.

"Go and get your father! I fear he has been badly beaten. I do not think it wise to move him." Glorfindel said to Elohir and Elladan.

"Do you know who that was?" Estel asked his fried gently trying to keep his mind off the pain.

"No.." Legolas coughed violently making them fear the worst.

Moments later Glorfindel saw Elrond racing toward them followed by his sons.

Legolas opened his eyes and he smiled when he saw Elrond. Elrond knelt next to Glorfindel and he gently took Legolas into his arms. Legolas reached up and stroked his lovers cheek softly.

"I....I never thought i'd see you again." he managed to get out, his voice was very weak.

Elrond looked like he was going to cry. "How do you feel? What hurts the most?"

"I feel bad.....my chest hurts the most. It is hard to breathe." he replied lying a bit.

"Alright I wil get you back to our room.... but first who did this and where is he?" Elrond looked up angrily.

"He got away but he was wearing this, it was torn from his clothes in the scuffle." Estel handed the crest to his father.

"The symbol of Rohan.... Grima." Elrond spat. "He was the emissary from Rohan. That cowardly, lying son of Sauron." Elrond composed himself and he gently gathered Legolas closer and he took him to his room.