Switch by Morgana

"Ah, love, you didn't wait up for me? Didn't the sentries tell you I was scouting ahead?" Legolas cocked his head, giving a sleeping Glorfindel a most predatory look. "Glorfindel?" Why wasn't his lover waking up? He was in the midst of undressing and now shed his boots and leggings. Only clad in a long shirt, he climbed into the big, luxurious bed. They had been lovers for a few decades now, and although he had asked Glorfindel to make this official, the blond had asked to wait a little longer. Not because he didn't love him enough, but because the Captain was convinced Legolas could do much better – should do much better. After all, Legolas was Thranduil's heir.

Easing himself down beside the warrior, Legolas grinned, smelling the sweet scent of miruvor on him. "Did they succeed in getting you drunk this time, love?" The twins had done the same thing to him once before, but he knew better now and stayed clear of them whenever miruvor was being served. At times he was convinced the twins would never really grow up, always eager to carry out practical jokes and pull pranks on everyone. He slipped one hand beneath the furred blanket and gently stroked his lover's hairless, smooth chest. "Honey, I am home," he teased, good-natured.

"Hm?"

Legolas raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Is that all I can draw out of you? I will have to do better, then." Grinning cheekily, his hand explored lower. "I do hope you can still get it up, love, after drinking so much miruvor." Soft purrs left Glorfindel's lips and Legolas' grinned impishly. "Oh, I have missed you!" Lifting the blanket and slipping beneath it, he rested his body atop his lover's and took Glorfindel's lips in a passionate kiss. "I dreamt of this during my long journey here," he admitted, having to abandon his lover's lips when drawing breath became a serious issue. "I want to tell my father about us. Maybe then he will allow me to stay here for longer periods of time." But Glorfindel didn't react, didn't even open his lovely, blue eyes. "You really are drunk, aren't you, love?" But the most important part of his lover's body was responding!

Straddling Glorfindel's hips, Legolas licked his lips. "I want you inside of me. It has been so long. Won't you wake up, love?"

The persistent voice finally registered with Erestor and his eyes opened slowly, finding a divine, golden vision hovering above him. The next thing that registered with him was the feel of skin against skin. It really is a lovely vision. Lórien, just one thing though... Why Legolas? Why not Elrond?

"Ah, you decided to join me after all?" Legolas studied the eyes, still at half-mast. "Well, I will do all the work; just cooperate." Bending forward, he claimed his lover's lips once more, gently parting the lips and teeth to finally explore within. The sweet, intoxicating taste of miruvor danced against his pallet, and he moaned softly, rubbing his lower body against his lover's, who continued to grow erect.

Lovely, truly lovely, was all Erestor's dazed mind was capable of thinking. Instinctively, he raised his arms, and allowed for his fingers to comb through the golden mane.

Now that his lover was finally acting and reacting, Legolas shed his shirt, and lowered his upper body atop of his lover's. Holding Glorfindel tightly, he managed to curl the tip of his tongue around one erect nipple, sucking gently.

The sensation traveled straight to Erestor's groin and made his arousal almost unbearable. Half dazed by the presence of this sprite in his arms, and still rather drunk on the miruvor, he thrust against Legolas in want.

"Ah," Legolas remarked, letting the nub of hard flesh slip away from his tongue, "You are eager after all?" Looking into Glorfindel's hooded eyes, his own desire almost overwhelmed him. "I want you, love."

Erestor wasn't capable of answering him properly. He was still convinced that Legolas was a dream, a sweet vision granted to him by Lórien himself. Staring into Legolas' dilated pupils, he hungrily instigated the next kiss. A sigh escaped him, and into Legolas' mouth when strong fingers curled themselves around his flesh, stroking firmly. "Oh..."

Legolas nipped at his lover's bottom lip, purred, and then moved lower over the blond's body, leaving a trail of kisses and passion marks on Glorfindel's chest. Finally encountering his lover's erection, he licked his lips once more. "I have missed this..."

Erestor didn't know what hit him when soft, wet lips closed over his shaft, sliding lower to engulf more of him. His eyes widened, and his breath came in gasps whilst Legolas' tongue did amazing things to him. Pushing himself slightly upright, he supported himself by leaning back on one elbow, and took in this marvelous sight. Long, golden hair spilled over his groin. The bobbing head moved with confidence and Legolas' fingers roamed the insides of his thighs. Automatically, he placed one hand on the bobbing head, running his fingers through the mane. What an amazing dream. His body hummed with impending release and the desire to continue this consumed him. Just when he was about to reach orgasm, fingers cruelly pinched the base of his shaft and he cried out in unmet want.

"Not yet," said Legolas, looking up at his beloved. His lips were slightly swollen, his eyes clouded with desire, and his own arousal begged for attention. One hand already reached for the oil, which he had placed aside the bed before climbing in. Realizing that in this dazed state it would be best if he took himself, he coated his lover's shaft with the scented oil. "I want you. I need you. I thought of you, each night when I went to bed alone in lonely Mirkwood."

Erestor – lost for words – simply stared at Legolas when the blond positioned himself over his throbbing erection. His still intoxicated mind didn't fully understand what was about to happen and he lay back, letting the vision take him.

Legolas ran his fingertips down his lover's chest, curled his fingers around Glorfindel's weeping member and then pressed down. It had been almost a year since he had last made love with Glorfindel and he purred, feeling his lover's hard flesh stretch him.

A tight, red-hot glove suddenly surrounded his member, squeezing, and causing all sorts of delightful sensations in his groin. Entranced, Erestor placed his hands on Legolas' hips, steadying the other Elf.

Legolas smiled, overjoyed that they were connected again, and shifted to find the most comfortable position in which his lover's hard flesh would rub against the pleasurable spot inside him. Letting his hair fall in front of his face, he leaned in closer, and took his lover's lips in a possessive kiss.

Erestor squirmed beneath Legolas in need of release, but he let the Woodland Elf set the pace. He eagerly returned the kiss, winding his fingers in the slightly tangled hair and stopped Legolas from moving away when the other Elf wanted to end the kiss.

Delighted by his lover's passionate reaction, Legolas began to move. Slowly at first, then impaling himself harder on Glorfindel's member. Oh, he had dreamt of their lovemaking on those lonely nights at home! Giving as good as he got, he kissed his lover possessively, growling softly.

Erestor had long lost the ability to think rationally. The rocking movement on top of him was the only thing worth registering and he gasped, when his right hand encountered, warm, moist flesh.

Legolas purred in pleasure when his lover's hand stroked in time with the thrusts. "I won't last long this way." Riding Glorfindel slowly, he brought both of them to orgasm.

Erestor reached his climax first. A sweet sensation shot through his body and he bit down on Legolas' bottom lip, producing soft mews of ecstasy.

Legolas didn't stay behind for long. He tried to throw back his head when orgasm finally took him too, and he yelped softly, but his lover tugged at his golden hair and he was forced to return to kissing Glorfindel's lips, tasting a droplet of his own blood on the other Elf's lips. "I love you," he whispered into Glorfindel's mouth.

Erestor was barely coherent any longer. The miruvor intensified his ecstasy and forming words was long past his ability. Instead, he reached instinctively, bringing his hands up behind Legolas' back and holding him close. He tucked the golden-haired Elf's head beneath his chin and hummed softly.

Legolas was completely relaxed and comfortable being held like this. The only thing he regretted was feeling Glorfindel slip out of his body. He would have loved to keep the connection intact a bit longer. Nuzzling his lover's chest, he bestowed licks, nips and kisses on the smooth skin. "I am glad I am back."

Tightening his hold on this sweet vision, Erestor placed a kiss on top of Legolas' head. This was the most amazing dream he had ever had. His body vibrated with satisfaction and he felt warm inside, sheltered, cherished and loved. Amazing what a single dream could do. "Sleep..."

Legolas smiled against Glorfindel's chest and then rubbed his cheek against the soft skin. "Yes, I am tired." He had been on the roads for weeks, hurrying here to reach his beloved as quickly as possible. Reaching for the blanket of furs, he covered their exhausted bodies with it. Glorfindel was right; it was time to rest and sleep.




Elrond had stalled, but realized the time had finally come for him to leave Erestor's rooms. They had talked for hours and now that Ithil stood high in the midnight's sky, he should leave, so Erestor would get the rest he needed. After spending time with Erestor, Elrond felt a bit more reassured that his advisor had only needed a little rest. Yes, his friend had acted oddly during their dinner occasionally, but the new sense of humor was becoming, and intensified the attraction he felt. "I enjoyed spending the evening with you," Elrond said, still stalling now that he stood in the doorway. "We should do this again."

"Maybe tomorrow?" hinted Glorfindel, smiling warmly. He felt confident that he had acted like Erestor for most of the evening, except for a few moments. Realizing he needed to do something now that they were about to part, he raised a hand and briefly caressed Elrond's face, running a fingertip down the jaw line. Elrond trembled at the touch, confirming Glorfindel's thoughts; the half-Elf wanted Erestor in turn.

Surprised – but immensely pleased as well – that Erestor was touching him in such a sensual, almost intimate way, Elrond caught his advisor's hand in his. Curling his fingers around Erestor's hand, he brought it to his lips. He parted them slightly and then pressed a tender kiss onto the back of Erestor's hand, letting his lips linger a moment longer than was strictly necessary. "Yes, tomorrow."

Glorfindel had to give credit where credit was due. Elrond knew how to make him feel soft in the knees! Compose yourself! He thinks you are Erestor! And what would Legolas say, when he finds out you find your Lord and Master charming? The weak blush that appeared on his face wasn't an act. Elrond's charms were considerable – and working. Erestor will be a very happy Elf when I am through with Elrond. Looking at Elrond, he smiled sweetly. "Until tomorrow, then."

Elrond still held Erestor's hand in his and now turned it about, pressing a kiss on the palm. "Yes, until tomorrow."

Glorfindel's toes curled when Elrond ended that sensual kiss with a small cat-like lick. Oh, my! Erestor, you lucky bastard!

Pleased with the effect he was having on Erestor, Elrond reluctantly released the formerly captured limb, returning it to its owner. "I wish you sweet dreams, my dearest friend," he said, in a voice as soft as silk.

Glorfindel gulped and nodded, not trusting his voice to sound steady. Once Elrond had stepped into the corridor, he quickly closed the door behind the half-Elf. Swallowing hard, he hoped Lórien would have mercy on him and return him to his own body shortly. "I don't want to think about him making love to Erestor whilst I am still in his body!"




Later that evening, Glorfindel uncovered Erestor's journal and sat down behind the desk, dipping the quill in ink. He was going to make his own entries in here.

Elrond and I had dinner tonight. Well, Elrond thought I was Erestor, but I wasn't and we both know it. You know, Erestor, I hope you will be thankful once this is over. I can't wait to get back into my own body and live my own life. Your duties are harder than I thought and it is about time I go back to fighting (and mind you, I am saying that after walking in your shoes for only one day!) You seemed to have done well though, being me. I was taken aback when I realized you could wield a sword! We should spar once this is over!

I made the first step tonight, and Elrond seemed very pleased about that. He kissed your hand – twice. If you manage to mess this up for me, I am going to be very upset. I am trying my best to get the two of you together and you had better not sabotage my efforts!

I forgot to tell you about Legolas, but he isn't due to arrive until tomorrow afternoon, so I will inform you in the morning. I think that my relationship with Legolas is one of Imladris' best kept secrets.

I hope you will manage to control him. Legolas can be... wild.

Glorfindel grinned, placed the quill aside and closed the journal. He tried to imagine what Erestor would look like when the advisor found this particular entry in his journal.

Stretching like a cat, he rose from behind the desk and began to undress, letting the garments fall onto the floor haphazardly. I reckon Erestor folds everything neatly. He would probably have a fit seeing this mess. That thought made him grin madly.

Naked, he dropped unceremoniously onto the bed, and wished he were in his own rooms with Legolas in his arms. He had to spend this night alone, but he hoped to make love to Legolas shortly. If only Lórien would cooperate and switch them back! "No chance of that yet," he whispered, "First Elrond needs to admit his love for Erestor." He shivered, desperately hoping the Vala would switch them back before Elrond wanted to make love.




"Morning, love. I hope the miruvor has left your body by now," chuckled Legolas, amused that Glorfindel was still soundly asleep. He had been awake for one hour and would have left the bed in order to bathe, but Glorfindel's hold was a tight one. The golden-haired Captain continued to crush him to his chest and Legolas was left rather immobile. His head rested on the rising and falling chest, and one of Glorfindel's golden strands of hair teased against his lips. He tried to blow it away and in the process the air that left his lungs caressed his lover's skin.

"Stop... doing... that... Tickles..."

Legolas grinned against Glorfindel's chest. The tip of his tongue dashed out of his mouth, teasing against a hardening nipple, licking gently. "Wake up, love, I need a bath!"

"Be...quiet..." His head hurt!

"Come on, love, let go of me! We are already glued together. No sense in making this even worse!"

One of Erestor's eyes slowly regained awareness. The first thing he noticed was the ceiling, next the warm body atop of him, moving and rubbing against him. In the name of the Valar... What?

"Glorfindel, I like it when you are possessive of me, but you could do with a bath as well!" His lover's hold on him lessened somewhat and Legolas managed to lift his head to look questioningly at Glorfindel. "Morning..."

Erestor's eyes went impossibly big at the shock of finding Legolas this close – naked and obviously sticky from last night's love making. Love making? Oh no! Shocked to his very core, he released a terrible shriek – one that sounded even more terrifying than the ones the Nazgűl produced – and then catapulted himself as far away from Legolas as possible. He pushed the Woodland Elf away from him, and crawled toward the headboard of the bed, where he crouched. Head bowed, knees pulled against his chest, he shook uncontrollably. What did I do? Oh, may the Valar forgive me, what did I do? Last night was one big blur of images and emotions, but he did remember finding release, and... Unable to finish that thought and too ashamed to look Legolas in the eye, he buried his head between his knees, sobbing, embarrassed. How could he ever face Legolas again after what he had done?

"Glorfindel?" His lover's odd behavior worried Legolas and he slowly scooted toward Glorfindel. "What is amiss?" Reaching out with one hand, he gently placed it on the other Elf's arm. "Did I upset you somehow?"

Erestor flinched at the touch and recoiled from it, pressing himself closer toward the headboard. What did I do? Oh, I know what I did! The shame! Then an even scarier thought appeared to him. Glorfindel! How can I ever face him again? His sharp mind had immediately figured things out, realizing Legolas and Glorfindel must have been lovers for quite some time. He could have told me! Warned me! His long, golden hair shielded his face from Legolas' curious look and Erestor wished he could bolt for the door and run away fast, but his head still hurt too much for that and he was afraid his legs wouldn't carry him any way.

Encouraged now that Glorfindel wasn't shaking off his hand, Legolas rubbed the soft skin soothingly. "Did you have another nightmare?" It wouldn't be the first time that Glorfindel's past came back to haunt him. The first time his lover had had such a nightmare he had been terrified as well, and in the end he had fetched Lord Elrond, uncertain how to calm the petrified Elf down. That was how Elrond and the twins had found out about them. Elrond and his sons had been in the Hall of Fire, and at hearing how distressed Glorfindel was, all three half-Elves had insisted on tending to their friend and Captain. "Do you want me to fetch Elrond?"

The tremors intensified. "No!" Erestor shook his head frantically. "No!" He couldn't face Elrond in his current state!

Realizing that Glorfindel still hadn't answered his original question, Legolas tried again. "Did you have another nightmare? About Gondolin? And your... death?" He never knew how Glorfindel would react when he addressed this subject, but if his lover had truly had such a nightmare, he had to talk about it! "Please tell me."

Erestor, seeing a way out, nodded weakly. "But I don't want to talk about it." He had messed everything up! He had lain with Legolas in a way that only a lover should! And he wasn't Glorfindel – but then again, Legolas didn't know that! Oh, what a way to experience his first time! Erestor smiled ruefully, his facial expression hidden behind the veil of golden hair. His first time... He had never thought there would be a first time, considering the fact that Elrond wasn't interested in him. And Elrond had been the only one he had ever been interested in! I can't act like this. Legolas did nothing wrong. I can't take this out on him.

"Love? You worry me," whispered Legolas, softly, whilst still soothingly caressing Glorfindel's arm. "Why won't you confide in me? Was it something I did?"

I don't want you to feel guilty, thought Erestor and he slowly raised his head to look at the Woodland Elf. Legolas had visited Imladris for the first time when he had come of age and had returned regularly. Now he understood why and he wondered how long Glorfindel and Legolas had been lovers. "No, you didn't do anything wrong, Legolas. It must be the miruvor. That, and the nightmare..." He left his sentence unfinished, and studied the compassionate blue eyes. Legolas was an exquisite beauty, but never fragile. The Woodland Elf was strong, cunning and possessed a true and noble heart. Glorfindel was lucky to have Legolas as his lover. Reminding himself to act like Glorfindel, Erestor cautiously reached out to stroke the long, golden hair. "I am sorry if I scared you."

"You have had nightmares before," said Legolas, thoughtfully, "But never before did you refuse to discuss the dream with me."

Erestor swallowed hard, realizing what Legolas was asking. "I dreamt I lost you. You were there, in Gondolin, and I lost you too, not just Ecthelion." He hoped he had done Glorfindel justice by saying that. "I love you, Legolas." The words came out easily, but they were said to the wrong person. I love you, Elrond. But the half-Elf was nowhere in sight and he wouldn't allow Legolas to feel guilty or unloved.

Slightly reassured that Glorfindel was recovering from whatever had put the fear of the Valar in him, Legolas smiled, warmly. "Maybe some herbal tea will do you good. Would you like me to fetch you some?" Elrond had told him what herbs to use when Glorfindel was in the throes of a nightmare. The potion would soothe his beloved further.

"Yes, I would like some tea." Erestor returned the smile weakly. He had always liked the Crown Prince, and to see that Legolas had a truly nurturing and loving nature didn't come as a surprise. "I am very fortunate that you love me." Delighted, he found that Legolas blushed at his words.

"Oh, you..." Legolas smiled, giddily, and then leaned in closer to tenderly kiss his lover's lips.

Before Erestor had a chance to react to the kiss Legolas had already pulled away again.

"I will get you some tea. Why don't you bath first? I will take my turn when I get back." Legolas reached for a morning robe and slipped into it.

Erestor nodded once. Yes, he would bath and then face Glorfindel's wrath. There was no way he could keep this a secret. The moment Legolas had closed the door behind him Erestor bowed his head in shame. What had he done? And what repercussions would his behavior have?




Glorfindel sat quietly at the kitchen table. The cook had been surprised to be asked to serve his breakfast in here, but had quickly adapted. Erestor always ate in the Great Hall, but as Elrond was out riding this fine morning Glorfindel decided to have some peace and quiet. Which lasted exactly ten minutes.

"I have seldom seen him that intoxicated before," said Elrohir, upon entering the kitchen. They would pack some food and then leave on today's patrol, as Glorfindel hadn't shown up during morning's inspection.

"You kept filling his goblet," accused Elladan, "Thanks to you we had to drag him home."

"And just who are you talking about?" Glorfindel watched the twins' movements freeze and smiled innocently. Although all of Elrond's children liked Erestor well enough, the advisor had been strict when helping to raise the twins. The boys knew they would be in trouble if Erestor found out they had been up to no good.

"What are you doing here?" Elrohir quickly slapped his hand in front of his mouth, but it was too late; the words had been spoken.

"I could say the same thing to you," said Glorfindel, nibbling on the bread.

"We are here to pack some food. We will leave within the hour," explained Elladan.

"Leave?" Glorfindel gave them an inquisitive look.

"Glorfindel is still asleep and... We feel a bit guilty for getting him drunk last night," said Elrohir, cocking his head apologetically.

"And Legolas arrived late last night. We thought we would let them sleep in." Elladan wondered in just how much trouble they were.

"Pack your lunches and then join the troops. You are already late." Glorfindel shook his head to show his displeasure. "You were wrong to feed him that much miruvor."

"And wine... We mixed wine and miruvor." Elrohir bowed his head, realizing what they had done had been wrong. "Glorfindel will have a very bad headache all day long."

Glorfindel sipped his morning tea and glared at them. "You had better leave before your father decides on some sort of punishment for your misconduct. Elladan, Elrohir, you can't continue to behave in this manner. You need to grow up." But in the back of his head other thoughts occupied him. Legolas arrived early and Erestor was intoxicated? He knew from personal experience that Legolas would seek him out upon his arrival and he could very well imagine what had happened in his bed last night! A drunken Erestor wouldn't have been able to put up much resistance with Legolas seducing him. Oh, yes, he knew his lover only too well!

The twins, seeing Erestor this absentminded, used the opportunity to sneak out of the kitchen. "Elladan? Maybe we should make this a long patrol. When our father finds out what we did he won't be pleased."

"Neither will Glorfindel." Elrohir nodded once. "Yes, we had better make this a long patrol."