Summer Night by Rebecca

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
It was a warm summer night in Lórien. A gentle breeze blew though the golden leaves and rustled the curtains as it came through the open window of the luxurious bedroom.

Haldir leaned his head back against the carved wooden headboard of the large feather bed as he thought.

The light blankets were pulled up just pasted his waist and his hands held a small bowl in his lap.

The bedroom door swung open and the silver haired Elf-Lord of the golden wood came into join his lover.

Celeborn smiled and pulled off his robes before climbing onto the bed and lounging beside him.

Haldir raised his brow, taking a bite of what was in the bowl.

'What are you eating?' Celeborn glanced down into the glass dish.

'Ice cream.' Haldir told him, taking another bite of the melting sweet. 'Want some?' He asked softly.

Celeborn pulled back slightly, 'No, thank you.' He shook his head.

'More for me, then.' Haldir smiled, and raised his eyebrows once.

Celeborn laughed at his impish nature, 'Ai, my sweet little Haldir,' He kissed his temple, 'so innocent, and pure.'

Haldir smiled mischievously and set the now-empty bowl aside on the bedside dresser. 'I don't know about innocent…' He slid closer to the older Elf, so that he was nearly in his lap.

Celeborn raised an eyebrow and smiled, laying his arm around his shoulders.

'Sweet, perhaps… and pure…' Haldir pretended to think for a moment. He looked up to meet Celeborn's amber brown eyes, 'I am yours, and yours alone, my love.' He said, his voice scarcely above a whisper.

A moment of quiet passed between the two lovers, the sounds of the night and the gentle winds coming through the open windows.

'As am I, my sweet dove.' Celeborn murmured and kissed him, pulling him into his arms.

Haldir let the Elf-lord ease him back and lie above him as they kissed, feeling nothing but safety and love in Celeborn's arms, as he had in their many years of being lovers.

Celeborn broke the kiss and gazed down at Haldir. 'You taste like vanilla, my love.'

Haldir broke into a smile and laughed. He raised his head and kissed him again, bringing his hand up to cup the side of Celeborn's head, 'You have the ice cream to thank for that.'

'Then perhaps you should have ice cream more often, my love.' Celeborn suggested, relishing Haldir's already sweet taste laced with the cool and creamy vanilla.

'If it brings you into my arms and me into yours more often then I shall have to adapt to having desert after every dinner… and perhaps right after lunch, and breakfast…' Haldir trailed off as he lost himself in Celeborn's gentle caresses and kisses as the night drew on.