Season drabbles - Winter-Spring by Ninienna

It was really cold and Legolas wondered if they really are able to reach Lothlorien in time. Autumn was already coming to its end and the company was supposed to reach Golden Wood before the fall of the first snow.

"Hey, hey, young master. What's up?"

It was Edlothiad, one of his escort. In fact Legolas haven't known how old this elf was. From what he knew it appeared he was serving under Oropher long before the birth of his father and Legolas, although the prince, never dared to ask him about his age. There were even gossips about his strange past, but he was always loyal friend and warrior "...so...who cares" - thought the prince.

Suddenly snowflakes broke out the clouds, swirling around them furiously as they finally crossed the border.

"Welcome to our land. Lord and Lady are expecting you. "

It was Haldir with his company. Orophin to his left and Rumil to his right.

"Let us guide you to them." Said Rumil bowing with courtesy. His eyes sparkling. He was really happy to finally see Edlothiad. They haven't seen each other for ages and he was rather eager for their reunion and also all the amusing stories to be heard. His lover smiled back, and moved to him as they went to have a little chat with him.

And so the company set off to the royal talan.