To Betray a Brother by KoUsagi

Story notes: Accepting the challenge of Lorein. Thanks for the idea! It has been hard to write, but I have the ending figured out now, I just have to write the middle... Which is quite hard if an annoying Yami no Matsuei-plotbunny keeps my thoughts off this fic! (not to mention school, language exam, webdesigning etc.)

Anyways, it's my first try at slash... I've become a major shounen-ai/yaoi/slash fan this year, so I have decided to write one... Though I don't feel like writing the sex scenes... I (will) have no experience (being a girl)...

Oh, also, note that I am Hungarian, therefore English is not my native tongue, though I've read/seen LotR and related in English, so I feel comfortable with writing stories in English (well, 1 year in America helped a LOT also... ^.-)

Seriously, if it's Tolkien, I do not trust translators, the original is such a genial work! [Except for The Silmarillion, which was hard enough to read in Hungarian-- I should read it again...-.-]

Well, on with the story! Thanks for reading and don't forget to give me FEEDBACK, please! It would be greatly appreciated!
Yawning and smiling simultaneously, the sleepy Legolas cuddled to the warm body that lay behind him. The breezes of the early morning were quite chilly; they almost made him shiver. Then he realized why he felt cold: he was soul naked. So was his bedmate.

Apparently, the other felt his hot flesh, hence he put his arms around Legolas' waist. "Please... Don't leave just now!" A sleepy voiced whispered, even somewhat temptingly. Slender, strong fingers caressed the prince's golden stresses.

"Nay, love. I don't intend to," he whispered back. "Unless you want me to."

"After last night, I wish you would never ever leave this bed of mine." To support this statement, he placed one light kiss on the other's neck.

Legolas gave a content sigh. What a night was it! I would have never thought such thing could happen to me here... His thoughts wondered back to the very beginning of the series of events that led him into those sheets.




Legolas was leaping forward rather quickly, enjoying the wind that was toying with his long hair and tickled his ears. He loved the smell of the forest and the leaf-filtered sunshine just as much. But above all, he cherished the minutes when he was alone.

He was scarcely given the privilege of solitude, and whenever he had a chance of escaping the palace of his (in his opinion) overprotective father, he ran away, not bothering even with taking a horse. He would wander alone for days or even for weeks in the still enchanted woods of his home, or ocassionally as far as Imladris. His father would grow anxious and would punish him afterwards, nevertheless, he did not care. He was still young, his spirit longed for adventure and for the sounds of the nature instead of the boredom of the royal court and the babbling of the elven nobles that did not interest him. Although he had reached his adulthood, politics and the like were never on his mind. Sometimes he wished he had been naught but an ordinary elf. Then he'd have his precious freedom.

As he was making his way on the almost invisible paths, similar feelings awoke in his heart yet again. "Just why can my father not understand me? Or anyone else around me?" He spoke out loud bitterly. " Even if I am around many of my kin, I feel more lonely than here, with the friendly, peaceful trees, birds and beasts."

But as the surroundings cheered up his heart, he ceased his ranting and tried to enyjoy his little trip.

His feet unconsciously led him towards Imladris. For his mind, however, the destination was not important. At least, not yet.




The journey was long, but nothing dangerous or unexpected delayed Legolas. The young prince reached the Last Homely House in a relatively short time, though it wasn't till he beheld the magnificient sight of the elven city did he realize just where he was. "Well, since I am here, why shouldn't I see the Lord Elrond and his household? It has been ages since my family last visited their friendly court. Probably even my father would be proud of me if I strengthened the relations of our kingdoms by the means of a kind visit," he smiled to himself slightly, then decided to take the path leading straight to the House of Elrond instead of approaching it from the wilderness, latter one being less polite if he wanted to be welcomed warmly. He traversed many creeks and glistening waterfalls as he went, wondering whether the elves of the city knew of his arrival by now.

Only a couple minutes have passed when Legolas' keen eyes spotted two raven-haired figure of the same size in front of him, moving rather fast in his direction. "So I am noticed," he smirked. "And I have not lesser but the princes of Imladris to escort me to the fair house of theirs."

Meanwhile, Elrohir and Elladan also noticed the blond elf. As they were covering the distance between them, both of the twins were stunned, for the prince was beautiful to behold, although his body was waried by his long journey. He was tall, lithe yet muscular, with an elegant air in his movements. His hair framed his exquisite face like the most valuable gold frames a picture of a Valar. The twins exchanged a meaningful look.

"It seems to me that the Prince of Greenwood has undergone a change since we saw him," Elrohir whispered to his brother.

"A change for good, that was. And this was even an understatement," added Elladan just as quietly. "I can only hope he wishes to stay with us for a long time, engracing the court with his mere presence."

"So can I."

"What leads you to the house of my people, young Prince of Greenwood?" Elladan spoke out louder, with much dignity in his voice, though his eyes were sparkling with friendliness. Or more.

Elrohir couldn't help it, he burst out in laughter at his twin's fake-strictness. Indeed, there wasn't any need of seriousness, for the three had known and appreciated each other for a considerable time. The lips of Legolas curled upwards, then his sweet mouth opened to release a laughter that was above every music ever composed by elf or man. The ears of the other two were awed by the melody. Elrohir forced himself to cease his bewildered gaze, and gave the blond prince a heartfelt welcome.

"Still, you have not answered my first question," Elladan pointed out. "What brings you here?"

"To tell you the truth, my friends, my soul was restless as ever and yearned for loneliness and peace. My feet seemed to have a will of their own, guiding me to such an amiable company."

"You flatter us, mellon-nîn. We have the pleasure in the opportunity of being your host." >>And you can't imagine how much pleasure it is, indeed.