Far over the Fields by Nefertiti

Printer


Summary: Gandalf tells Frodo how he gained Shadowfax's trust.
Rating: General Audience [Reviews - 0]
Category: FPS, FPS > Frodo/Gandalf, FPS > Gandalf/Frodo
Characters: Frodo, Gandalf, Shadowfax
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenge: None
Series: None
Chapter: 1 | Completed: Yes | Words: 2221 | Read: 1453
Published: December 16, 2011 | Updated: December 16, 2011


Story notes: Book canon. The frame story at Rivendell is set in early November of 3018 TA. The events Gandalf relates take place on August 21 to 23 of that year, after the wizard had been rescued from Orthanc by Gwaihir and taken to Rohan. There Theoden had told Gandalf to leave the country immediately.

This story is based on the chronology in Appendix B and on Gandalf's account during the Council of Elrond. It takes place in the same universe as my Thrice Returned series. (It also takes its inspiration to some extent from the wonderful story, "The Quest of Erebor," cut from the Appendices of LotR and only published for the first time in its entirety in the second edition of The Annotated Hobbit; there Gandalf relates to a similar group why he sent Bilbo along with the Dwarves to regain the Lonely Mountain from Smaug.)

"Far over the Fields" barely qualifies as slash, but Kristina has kept after me to do a story about Gandalf and Shadowfax. This is for her. Thanks to Elanor for the beta.

1. Chapter 1 by Nefertiti [Reviews - 0] (2221 words)