Forbidden by Erandir

The fellowship has been traveling for... At least a week, probably more, maybe two or three. I am not really counting.

Maybe this was a mistake. Perhaps I should just go home and forget about the ring, and the quest. I do not even know why I am here. The mountain Caradhras stands before us, and somehow we must cross it. Thankfully, how we do so is not my decision to make.




Aragorn is still attempting to figure out why I do not speak to him. Perhaps I should just tell him, for I hate having to hate him. If Aragorn knew the story behind the law maybe he would understand, maybe then he would leave me alone.

'Tis a worthy plan, I might as well. It could not possibly make matters worse, could it?




And so the elven prince had a plan, and he knew when he would perform said plan. Now all he had to do was pull it off, a task that was proving far more difficult than one would assume. But you know what happens when you assume.

His plan, if you could call it a plan, was to get Aragorn alone, explain to him the reason for the law, and if everything went correctly the man would stop bothering him.

But Aragorn turned out to be a really hard person to get alone. As they traveled the human was locked in conversation, either with Gandalf about the road they would take, or with the others, speaking of nothing in particular. Legolas did not want to ask the man to speak with him, lest he got the wrong impression. That was the last thing Legolas wanted, for Aragorn to think the elf would befriend him.




Legolas still will not speak to me, no matter how much I try he just seems to ignore me. I do not understand why he is acting this way, this is not how he used to be. And I get the feeling he does not want to hate me. He does not act like he hates me, he just does not pay any attention to me. Did that make any sense?

The elf just stands there. He does not sleep, he hardly eats, and he never smiles. Not at all how I remember him.




From where Aragorn sat by the fire he looked over at the blonde elf. Legolas stood at the edge of their camp looking up toward the stars. The moon was full, and the light of it seemed to cause the elf to glow. The ranger smoked leisurely as he watched Legolas, no he wasn't watching, he was staring. He couldn't tear his eyes from the elf, and as Aragorn studied him he realized as if for the first time just how beautiful the elf was. Legolas stood atop a small hillock just inside the firelight. Cerulean eyes traced over constellations and well known stars, but his mind was not focused on these things. He felt as if he was being watched, and he knew by whom. For a while the elf tried to ignore it, but soon enough that became difficult. Finally, Legolas looked over to Aragorn, silently acknowledging the ranger, who immediately looked away.

So the man still had this foolish obsession with him, though Legolas could not imagine why. It was then that the elf decided to tell him. Tell him everything he wished to know of Mirkwood laws and more.

With that decision he strode down the small crest of the hill towards the fire, and sat down next to Aragorn. The man did not look up, but made quite a show of ignoring the elven prince, pulling out his pipe and readying it to smoke. An awkward silence fell over the camp as neither of them spoke.

"Aragorn," Legolas said finally, "There is something I wish to discuss with you."

"I though you could not speak with me," the man snapped, lighting his pipe with the embers from the fire.

Legolas looked down at his lap, "I cannot, but I feel it necessary to explain to you why."

"Oh, I understand perfectly," Aragorn said sarcastically, "You have to hate me because your father is an imbecile, no offense, and has devised this law because he has something against humans."

"I do not hate you Aragorn," The elf replied instantly.

"Then why do you act like this?"

"Because I have to."

The ranger snorted and stated sarcastically, "Of course, how could I have forgotten."

"It is not my choice," the elf replied, growing annoyed with the man's arguing, "If you knew why then perhaps you would understand."

"Then by all means, please enlighten me, oh wise one!" The man encouraged, his sarcastic tone only escalating as the argument grew.

Legolas let out a frustrated sigh, as the man obviously had no intention of listening to him. So this would either just increase the human's annoyance, or lighten it.