Forbidden by Erandir

Chapter notes: Again, sorry updates take so long. I'm just now finishing up with the school musical, which takes months out of my social life and leaves me with little to no free time. And then there's the writer's block, which hits me at the beginning of every chapter. Hopefully things will go smoother from now on. And as always, thanks bunches to my loyal reviewers, you inspire me to update, because I won't if I don't think anyone is reading.
The fellowship's days in Lothlorien grew swiftly to weeks, which grew longer and longer as one by one they stopped counting the days. Each day drawled on just like the one before, with little to do but enjoy oneself. It was a nice life, but left many wondering when they would leave the golden wood and continue their journey. In particular Legolas was worried, he wanted the quest to be over with so he could return to Mirkwood and no longer have to worry about a certain human.

Since their truce, Aragorn had attempted to grow closer and closer to Legolas, who was rather uncomfortable with the whole idea. And more and more often Legolas found the man's eyes upon him, swift glances he supposed the elf wound not notice, and lingering stares when he thought Legolas was not looking. It was disquieting, and made the elf want to leave the woods as soon as it was possible just to be rid of the constant attention.

As the looks grew more frequent, so did Aragorn's attempts at closer friendship. Legolas could understand why he had wanted it to begin with, trust was essential if their quest was to succeed; but did it need to go this far?

Legolas sighed as he heard the man approach. He would arrive in a matter of moments. The elf looked up from the unfinished crown of flowers in his lap and stared hard at the man as he walked closer. "What do you want?"

The man looked almost offended at the elf's harsh tone, "Only to speak with you," he said, "Is that a crime?"

"Actually it is."

Aragorn looked down, realizing his mistake and embarrassed by the slip up, "I apologize," he muttered, "But there was a matter I wished to discuss with you."

"And what is it?" Legolas asked, his voice void of any emotion, "I am rather in the middle of something."

The ranger eyed the crown of flowers that Legolas held up for his inspection, "You may continue that while we speak if you want." Legolas raised an eyebrow but made no comment so Aragorn continued, "I wish to speak with you about our departure from the golden wood."

"Ah, yes, I too have wondered when that would come about," the elf stated sarcastically, almost scathingly. Aragorn inwardly winced at the tone.

"Do you know how long we have been here?"

Legolas began working on the flower crown once more, "I would venture to guess near a month."

"That is what I supposed as well," Aragorn agreed, "Though I lost count of the days, but however long it is the quest has been delayed too long. We must continue soon."

"I agree wholeheartedly Aragorn, but why do you need to speak with me on this matter? You are leading us now."

The man looked down again, "I suppose... I suppose I wanted to assure myself that I was making the right decision," he answered lamely.

Legolas nodded in understanding, "If you wish I will inform the Lord and Lady of our plans to depart."

"No, that is fine, I shall, it is my duty as leader after all," Aragorn said, but made no move to do so. He remained rooted to the spot he stood, eyes fixed on the elf before him.

His gaze made Legolas uneasy. The ranger was now staring unabashedly at him, eyes running up and down his form, knowing full well that the blond elf was aware of it. Why did the man stare at him so? As though Legolas were some mythical being to be wondered at. He fidgeted nervously under Aragorn's gray eyed stare, wondering when the man would leave.

But he did not leave.

"Is there something else I can do for you?" Legolas asked nervously.

"Actually there is."

The answer Legolas had been dreading, he looked up to see Aragorn advancing on him, a strange look in his eyes. Legolas put the flower crow on the ground beside him and stood up cautiously, "What is it?" The man made no response, but continued to advance on Legolas, forcing the elf to back up warily, "Aragorn?" he asked, a slight fear in his voice.

"There's something I want you to do," Aragorn said mysteriously, reaching out a hand toward the elf.

Legolas took a step back, only to find his back pressed against a tree. His eyes darted about the area, looking for a means of escape if he should need one. "What is it?" he asked again. Aragorn did not speak, but reached up to cup Legolas' cheek. The action caused a jolt to run down the elf's spine, making him shiver slightly. The man smirked slightly and caressed the elf's cheek with his thumb, watching his companions strange reaction. Legolas first made to pull away, but as the warmth of the ranger's hand spread through his body he found himself leaning into the touch. "Aragorn," he asked fearfully, "What are you doing? What is it you want me to do?"

"Do not worry, it is nothing you would not want."

That statement worried Legolas even more, "Aragorn, what are you talking about?"

In response the man pressed his lips softly to Legolas', but the elf pushed him back fearfully, "What are you doing?" he asked, looking confused, scared, and disgusted, "What is wrong with you?"

"Noting is wrong," the ranger said, smiling, "You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that."

"Aragorn, you are not yourself."

"I assure you I am very much myself," Aragorn argued, "Just now I am brave enough to show it. I love you, Legolas."

The elf gasped, shocked by the words, and Aragorn seized the opportunity. He pressed his mouth swiftly to Legolas', before the elf had time to react, and slipped his tongue into the sweet cavern. Legolas struggled violently against the intrusion, pushing back against Aragorn's chest with all his might, but the man grabbed onto his wrists and merely pushed them away as he continued to plunder the elf's mouth. Legolas struggled more violently until finally Aragorn pulled back from the kiss and smirked at him. "What are you doing?" Legolas growled in a most un-elf-like manner, "Let go of me this instant!"

"Why do you deny yourself something you so obviously want?" Aragorn asked, moving to press kisses along the elf's jaw.

"I do not want this," Legolas argued, "Stop it and release me," he demanded, though his struggles lessened and he tilted his head up slightly. Aragorn only smirked and continued his ministrations, placing a kiss at the tip of Legolas' pointed ear, watching contentedly as the elf shuddered in pleasure.

"You do not want it?" Aragorn asked skeptically as he continued down the elf's neck, releasing his wrists as he tugged at the clasps on Legolas' tunic.

But still the elf struggled weakly, "Aragorn you are not yourself," he insisted, "You are not thinking straight, this is wrong. Do not do this Aragorn." By now the man had Legolas' shirt unclasped and open, revealing the pale skin of his perfectly sculpted chest. Aragorn ran his hands down Legolas' chest, watching as the elf sucked in a breath sharply. The hands that had been pushing at Aragorn shoulders fell to his forearms, ceasing their struggles. "Please Aragorn, stop, this is wrong, do not-" He gasped sharply as the man captured one of his nipples in his mouth, "Valar..." he breathed, arching into the feeling.

Aragorn smirked, "Still do not want this?"

"Oh, Valar... Aragorn..."




They lay together in the aftermath, a tangled heap of arms and legs, hard to tell where one ended and the other began. Legolas sighed contentedly, his head resting atop Aragorn's chest as the man absentmindedly played with his golden hair. He closed his eyes, listening to the soothing sound of his new lover's heartbeat. Everything was perfect at that moment, he wished it could be this was forever.

But then he remembered.

The elf bolted upright, pulling himself out of Aragorn's arms and sitting perfectly straight, a look of sheer terror on his face.

Aragorn's brow furrowed in confusion, "Legolas?"

"What have I done?" the elf asked, his voice barely above a whisper. His eyes darted fearfully about the clearing as if the surrounding trees would give him an answer, "What have I done?"

"Legolas?" Aragorn sat up as well, feeling a growing worry at the elf's strange behavior. But when he reached out to take Legolas back into his arms the elf pulled away, blue eyes wide with fear as he scrambled back.

"No, no stay back," Legolas warned, holding a hand out in front of his chest, "Do not come near me Aragorn," he said, scrambling to where their clothes had been discarded carelessly.

"Legolas, what is wrong?" Aragorn asked in growing confusion. He watched as his lover dressed, all the while casting fear filled glances in his direction, and wished desperately that he could hold the elf in his arms and sooth away his fear.

"This was wrong Aragorn, it never should have happened. Please, just... Stay away from me," the golden prince all but begged as he picked up his boots and tunic and fled into the forest.
Chapter end notes: I'm not entirely happy with this chapter. It defies the writing style of the whole story, no looking into the character's minds in this one. Oh well, You get what you get. Tell me what you think, and remember, reviews give fuel to the muses.